370lbs > 170lbs -- My 200lb transformation (w/ PICS!)

Options

Replies

• honestyloverespect
    honestyloverespect Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! This is so inspirational to see just how far you have gotten!!!
  • m2Bfit
    m2Bfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Way to go man!! I'm not even a month in on starting a diet/transformation and seeing this really motivates me. I too, could lose 200 lbs. Can I ask what you did? I haven't started a gym routine yet, but I was hoping to find something that will help lose weight and not add bulk.

I'm happy to hear that!

Losing weight and adding bulk is all a matter of surplus and deficit (with the obvious strength training included). I recommend strength training as soon as possible. You want to promote fat loss, not just weight loss. I alternated my cardio and strength training days.

If you can't do strength training just quite yet, well that's alright cause neither could I! I walked for the first few months, then I picked up strength training along with more jogging during cardio.

I never plateaued once and I truly believe the 2 biggest factors was a consistent strength training regimen along with knowing my TDEE almost to the exact number (no one knows for sure, but I could almost put money on how much weight I was going to lose each week).

First, I hope you are truly taking in all the applause! You deserve it. You demonstrate perseverance from within & without. What an inspiration! You give out such hope that it is possible.

Second, I appreciate this advice of strength training & paying close attention to our TDEE. I think it's amazing that you never experienced a plateau. Apparently you paid very close attention to your body and its needs. As a newbie I'm taking this all to heart.
  • mitchdiane1964
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    OMG! Speechless. That is one great accomplishment! Congrats hun! :)
  • lsuz
    lsuz Posts: 74
    Options
    And THAT is how you do it. Booyah! Enjoy the new you! You look super fantastic! (Hottie McHotterton!)
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Good Job, Hotness!:flowerforyou:
  • shortt123
    shortt123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hugs! Well done! You are very motivating to me! What did you do, what was your diet like?
  • MTCBVBC20CAM
    MTCBVBC20CAM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Hey, you look AMAZING! You should be very proud of yourself. Takes a lot of dedication to do what you did :)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!! :drinker:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    wow, you look amazing! congrats!!
  • MissImpala
    MissImpala Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You truly are an inspiration! :smile:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Major McHotty!

What an amazing accomplishment to tackle your challenges of SA and IBS and kick them right to the curb! and you did this at a young age too! Lots of years to enjoy!
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hugs! Well done! You are very motivating to me! What did you do, what was your diet like?

The beginning I ate moderation, basically whatever I had before just fitting my calories this time. Eventually I started eating salads, lean meat, pasta, rice, oils, nuts etc. Not because I thought they were healthy, but because foods like that made it easier for me to hit my macros. I enjoy the taste of food, but now food is a tool to sculpt my body the way I want it, in my eyes. :smile:
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, congratulations!! :drinker:
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement, you look like a totally difference person. Amazing weight loss and your skin looks brilliant.
    Keep up the healthy ways and thanks for sharing your photos with us all, It's so inspirational.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Only just seen this today and DAMN!
    You look awesome man!

You're testimony that dedication pays off, and you look freaking awesome!

P.S - you already have some decent looking arms and shoulder muscles too, enjoy your bulk!
  • Tigermum9
    Tigermum9 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    oooh marry me ;)
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    You look incredible. All the power to you!
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Only just seen this today and DAMN!
    You look awesome man!

You're testimony that dedication pays off, and you look freaking awesome!

P.S - you already have some decent looking arms and shoulder muscles too, enjoy your bulk!

Ya thanks man! Glad I started strength training so early on, it helped me in so many ways.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're hot man! Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!