What's the worst thing you ever ate regularly pre-mfp?

Options

Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    It was before gluten allergy so: safeway donuts, hamburger helper, general tso's chicken. Basically, high calorie crap.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It was before gluten allergy so: safeway donuts, hamburger helper, general tso's chicken. Basically, high calorie crap.

Why the label? Does that food have no nutritional value (beyond the obvious calories which are themselves beneficial)?
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Fast food binges at least once a week. Too embarrassed to type up specifics but a hideous amount of food, sometimes from more than one place for a meal. No binges in 6 weeks!! :)
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use to eat entire cartons of ice cream all by my self in a single night. This was about 1-2 times a week depending on when it was on sale.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would eat a ten inch sausage and pepperoni pizza at least twice a week. Now that seems very limiting!
  • Twinkie2530
    Twinkie2530 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I once ate two whoppers when I was pregnant. One for me and one for the baby! We shared the French fries though :)
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    half a bag of chips (cheetos or kettle chips) and a doughnut for a snack! This would happen a few times a week.
  • Bammitssamm
    Bammitssamm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh God this is embarrassing. A 10 pack of Tim-bits from Tim Hortons every work day. Every. Single. Work day. So good and convenient on my long drive to work where I sit all day. Hence why I'm here now.

Tim Bits are the bomb-diggity though.
    I really don't blame you haha

I went to a party last weekend and someone brought Tim Hortons doughnuts and Tim Bits and it was the most tempting thing of life.
  • megxmas95
    megxmas95 Posts: 26
    Options
    I was always a two-meal per meal kind of girl. When I was 10 (yes, ten years old) I would go to town with a friend on Sunday, get a hamburger and fries from McDonalds, then go home, pretend I hadn't eaten, and have a full roast dinner with trimmings and dessert. When I got to sixth form my friends and I would order Domino's pizza to the school (always large, of course), or go to the McDonald's drive-thru, which I'd have on top of whatever lunch my mum packed for me.

We also had a vending machine at school, so I would just buy bags and bags of sweets and crisps and stuff my face on top of whatever else I was eating (sour skittles, Walker's cheese and onion crisps, crispy M&Ms.) My ultimate weakness is the KitKat Peanut Butter Chunky. I could eat three in a sitting without thinking! My mum bought me one the other day and I gave it to a charity food collection. How times change.

As a kid I always pinched food (crisps and chocolate, sometimes sweets. Oh man, sherbet!) from the kitchen and lied about it. I got a terrible reputation, my parents wouldn't believe a word I said until I was about thirteen.

Oh, and I would get a packet of mini caramel shortbreads from Thornton's, and eat the entire packet (860 calories in one sitting. Ouch). They were so delicious though!

I'm surprised I wasn't bigger to be honest! It's strange to think that I'm currently very nervous looking at the volume of chocolate mum's bought me for Easter. I never really treated myself after I finished dieting, so I guess this is my time!
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    4 Whoppers and 2 large fries, with a liter of Dr. Pepper.
  • Jamr8231
    Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Whole cakes in a day, usually lemon drizzle or coffee and walnut. I can't believe I used to eat like that.
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When I was as skinny as a rake and running a lot, my husband and I would eat two croissants each, filled with sautéed mushrooms (in butter), that had been tossed in sour cream and Worcester sauce when cooked. I never calculated the calories in that meal. He stayed skinny, I got fat after menopause and two broken ankles.

Cheese, lots of it.
    Wine, lots of it.
    Crunchy, salty snacks of any kind, lots of them.

Did I mention cheese?
  • Billybegood
    Billybegood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pringles here too and a chocolate bar before bed :-(
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Every single Sunday I would eat an entire large pizza and an entire order of cheesy bread with a 1 liter Mtn Dew Code Red. That's at least 3700 calories in one sitting. It takes me almost 3 days to eat that much now.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add from my earlier post... I would eat an entire bag of Cheetos (the big bag ) with a large container of sour cream that had fresh dill mixed in... This was one sitting. Can't believe I could hold all of that. I don't even want to know how much fat that was. Over 50 lbs ago.. Thank God..
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I went for awhile where I was eating haagen daz pretty much every day. And baking peanut butter cookies and finishing them off with a gallon of milk. Not huge amounts, but enough that I gained about 10lbs in month and a half. The peanut butter cookies I justified by the fact I was completely broke and flour and sugar are cheap. Milk wasn't so cheap, but apparently I didn't let that stop me.

I have to ask though with some of the portion sizes I've seen. How did you get to the point where you thought this was 'ok', or a normal amount to eat for satiety or nutrition?

And how does anyone afford all this food? I always hear people say that eating healthy is more expensive, but I started to gain weight when I had more money to spend on food. $10, hell even $5 on meal would have been unthinkable before a few years ago. Even now that I have more discretionary income I still get guilty when I eat out and spend money on food that isn't fruit/veggies.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    One of my first jobs was at a movie theatre. My weakness was...and still is...popcorn! I'd have a small bag on my break and a big one when we got to stay late and screen movies. A large WITHOUT 'butter' is nearly 1,100 calories! And, let's face it, if you're going to have popcorn with your movie you need that glorious imitation butter flavoring layered throughout the whole bag.

I still indulge sometimes, but stick to a small bag now.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head...

2 chipotle burritos
    or
    a whole bag of potato chips
    or
    3+ cans of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti (wtf did I love so much about Chef Boyardee?)
    or
    about $20 worth of McDonalds

:frown:
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I was always a two-meal per meal kind of girl. When I was 10 (yes, ten years old) I would go to town with a friend on Sunday, get a hamburger and fries from McDonalds, then go home, pretend I hadn't eaten, and have a full roast dinner with trimmings and dessert. When I got to sixth form my friends and I would order Domino's pizza to the school (always large, of course), or go to the McDonald's drive-thru, which I'd have on top of whatever lunch my mum packed for me.

I used to do the same thing!

Mom: "Have you eaten?"

Me with a fully belly: "No..."

Mom proceeds to make a huge dinner under the assumption that I was starving. I eat it and probably take seconds. Sigh!