Peanut Butter Addiction

Options
Peanut butter is really hurting me. I never cared too much about it till I tried it with apples about 2 weeks ago and I am hooked. I have apples+PB for dinner every single day! Id say I get 6 to 8 tbspoons of PB a day. I get the Natural Smucker's brand. I try not to eat any other fat during the day, but the PB is killing me! When I try to stop eating it, I just start craving it ughhh. What has helped you get over a specific food addiction?

Replies

• skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    its the sugar your craving, I love peanut butter, my husband and I have had many a debates over why should he suffer and not be able to have it in the house, he eats it once every month it that! :grumble: I was plowing through a large jar in a week! I stopped buying it, out of sight out mind , seems drastic but I had to do it for me, he was fine lol, once I got it out of my system and mind, I was ok , its now at the faaaaaaaaaaaar end of the closet down the hall in the pantry, its been there for 2months , haven't touched it, neither has he come to think of it lol
    another trigger for me is diet pop, I cut that out to, again its the sugar, the aspartame just made me want more, OUT OF THE HOUSE IT WENT LOL:laugh:
    youll figure out whats best for you, I was also tired of people yapping oh its good for you , have it, oh piss off, they don't understand , sure a tablespoon is good , not a tub of it.
    the fat grams way out weigh the protein.
    youll get there , im here if you need, add me if you like.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    its the sugar your craving, I love peanut butter, my husband and I have had many a debates over why should he suffer and not be able to have it in the house, he eats it once every month it that! :grumble: I was plowing through a large jar in a week! I stopped buying it, out of sight out mind , seems drastic but I had to do it for me, he was fine lol, once I got it out of my system and mind, I was ok , its now at the faaaaaaaaaaaar end of the closet down the hall in the pantry, its been there for 2months , haven't touched it, neither has he come to think of it lol
    another trigger for me is diet pop, I cut that out to, again its the sugar, the aspartame just made me want more, OUT OF THE HOUSE IT WENT LOL:laugh:
    youll figure out whats best for you, I was also tired of people yapping oh its good for you , have it, oh piss off, they don't understand , sure a tablespoon is good , not a tub of it.
    the fat grams way out weigh the protein.
    youll get there , im here if you need, add me if you like.

True Natural PB doesn't have sugar; just peanuts and salt :)

OP- I have a problem with candy bars. I can't have bits of chocolate in the house. And it's specifically *candy* that is the problem. Cakes/ Cookies (unless they're chocolate chip and then game over)/ Ice Cream don't affect me. I allow myself to eat candy bars, but I generally prefer not to have them in my house.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    general question ..why is ever tying that we cannot learn to moderate automatically labeled an "addiction"….
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Omg, I am RIGHT there with you. A couple weeks back, I went through an entire jar of PB in 3 days. 3 DAYS. Granted, I cut back on my overall calories those days so I didn't do too much damage overall, but still. For me, it's not the sugar I'm craving, I just love the rich peanutty taste (I also buy all natural). Nowadays, I realize I just can't buy it. It's a trigger for me so I just go without. I have had some success with powdered peanut butter. It's defatted, so it has around 45 calories per couple tablespoons as opposed to 200 in normal peanut butter. It's great in smoothies or added to yogurt.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    willpower.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    general question ..why is ever tying that we cannot learn to moderate automatically labeled an "addiction"….

I think she means it in layman's terms, not literally.

Sorry OP, I totally know what you mean. I would also suggest going cold turkey for a week, then maybe buying the single packet servings, one at a time. I've tried the Justin's peanut butter and it's really good. Personally I am the same way with Nutella, I wish I could keep it in the house but I can't. :ohwell:
  • lcbeard412
    lcbeard412 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    PB2 is your friend. 45 calories for 2 TBS. 85% of the fat and calories have been removed. Indulge all you want.
  • nicolemontagna22
    nicolemontagna22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I read on here somewhere about something called PB2. It's supposedly a peanut butter powder that you mix with water and it's like peanut butter with almost the same amount of protein but with less fat. I saw it in target so I know they carry it. I didn't try it yet though. I might pick some up myself.
  • skrlec70
    Options
    oh god why did you tell me that, no no no I musnt !
    I loved that other one also, OH ALMOND BUTTER OMG!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try PB2. It's awesome and you'll feel better about it.

I never fell bad about eating this stuff. It's so dang good.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    if you truly feel you have an addiction, then you should seek the help of a 12 step group.

If you think this is something you can address with self control, then do it.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    *feel
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is so addictive. I cant keep it in my house. I'll eat it all by itself.
  • nicolemontagna22
    Options
    PB2 is your friend. 45 calories for 2 TBS. 85% of the fat and calories have been removed. Indulge all you want.

Have u tried this before? I've been wanting to.
  • skrlec70
    Options

WHERE DO I GET IT ! calm it down lady :laugh:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? I love peanut butter and switched to this product. It's powdered and just mix with water. Just follow instructions - tastes great with less calories and oil!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    willpower.

4 realz
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I cant have it in the house!
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options

WHERE DO I GET IT ! calm it down lady :laugh:

I haven't tried it yet, but a friend of mine gets hers at Walmart for around $5. She swears by it!
  • nicolemontagna22
    Options
    Will power is easier for males. I took an eating disorder class from penn state and learned that males have a different approach to dieting than females. To men food is just food whereas to females there is a more emotional relationship. We r more likely to eat due to feelings. For the most part. Some men feel this way too and some women don't but in general this is the way it seems to be. It's ions of the many reasons women have a harder time losing weight than men,