NO MORE EXCUSES JANUARY, LOSE 10+ LBS!

Options

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I really need a swift kick in the rear & it sounds like you're volunteering :smile: . Just kiddin, I know its a joint effort - kicks all around. I think weighing on Saturday is a good idea. I need incentive to stay on track during the weekend.

Screen Name: nlongenecker
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: My starting weight today is 175 (I can tweak it later)
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): I'll be happy with 10.
    What is your exercise plan?: jog 5x /wk, strength training 3x/wk
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Just counting calories and being sensible about my choices.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: Wow I have several...but short term - Hawaii in February.
  • SophieJade
    Options
    I want to join :)
    I will post my stats on Jan 1 so everything is accurate.
    Can't wait!!!!!
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    bump im in
  • susuzz
    susuzz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pick Me ~ Pick Me! I would love to join. I do have 10 lbs to loose to reach my goal and this is SO the motivation I am looking for. I started MFP in May 2010 (SW 186 - 5'8"). Got to a weight I was happy with in Sept (155), but man the holidays are hard! I stopped logging for a month, and although I am between 151-154 now, I realized that I need to get back on track. I have eaten the Christmas cookies and had a few too many cocktails, I don't want this to start the weight gain going again.

I not only feel good on the inside, but on the outside too and I want to keep it here!

See you all on 1/1/11 - totally pumped!!
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is great. I need to be held more accountable!

Screen Name: Veggie_Eloise
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: TBA
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 10lbs lower than TBA weight.
    What is your exercise plan?: Running 4-6 days a week and then some of the following: Turbo Fire, Wii Fit, Zumba and Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Staying in my calorie goal; I have had problems with this for a bit now.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I want to get out of this rut that I have been in for the past three months. I want to get under this dang 200lb mark and start getting closer to my goal weight.
  • wendy_marn
    wendy_marn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined MyFitnessPal and I'd love to join this challenge!

What is your exercise plan? This is my acheles heel... I hate exercising and with a full time job I don't feel like exercising when I get home so I'm very open to suggestions.

Are you going to do a specific diet?: Yes, 1200 Calories primarily from protein and good carbs, this seems to work best for me.

What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: The doctor said I have to do it and I'd love to fit in my skinny clothes again.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: Roughneckswife

Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 237 right now, but I'll edit on Sat.

Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 227

What is your exercise plan?: 30 day shred and 1 mile walk each day

Are you going to do a specific diet?: 10 glasses of water, no snacks, under 1300 calories

What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I want to feel better about myself and my husband and kids to be proud of me.
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I lost 9 pounds with the December thread. This is excellent motivation!

Thanks Stephanie!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I'm in! I lost 9 pounds with the December thread. This is excellent motivation!

Thanks Stephanie!

Your welcome fit2_T. You have done so well. Your gonna do a great job in January!! :)
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just a bump in to say hello so I can find this on Jan 1st =) I'll update my stats then!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    January is a perfect time to renew our goals and reflect on 2010. :flowerforyou: I had to share below with you all! Happy hump day!

Daily Inspiration for December 28, 2010
    Katie Jay, MSW

Reflect first, then plan.

On New Year's Eve, many people talk about their plans for the coming year. They make resolutions and hope for better times ahead. But before you start down the resolution path, pause for a moment and truly reflect. What can you learn from the past year about yourself? Have you discovered what works in terms of your health and what doesn't?

You can make resolutions soon (or better yet, set goals), but today look back. You owe it to yourself to learn your lessons, so that you can grow wiser and healthier in the coming year.

Action for the day: Even if you usually don't journal, take a few minutes to do this exercise. Make a list of things you wish you had done differently this past year, and then a list of what you did well. Next to the things you wish you had done differently, write down a step you can take to ensure you won't repeat that mistake. Next to the things you did well write down what you can do to continue having success in that area. Read this list every morning in January.
  • evelynojedadiaz
    Options
    Im in for this one to..not sure if my slow losing self can do 10 but I will sure give it my all. Count me in.

Will post starting weight on 1.1.11!!
  • evelynojedadiaz
    Options
    Im in for this one to..not sure if my slow losing self can do 10 but I will sure give it my all. Count me in.

Will post starting weight on 1.1.11!!
  • emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: jlynny1811
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: today it is 189
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 179
    What is your exercise plan?: What I've been doing, burning more calories than I put in, plus considering more closely monitoring my salt/sodium intake...I'm currently on week 3 of P90X.
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: No
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My short term goal is new pair of sexy boots at 185. My main motivation is that I want to look good in a bikini...I would say by the summer, but I'll be deployed until winter time, so I just want to like what I see in the mirror.
  • aaragon0902
    aaragon0902 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join!! This will really help motivate me.
    Do we just keep track by posting on here or is there some sort of challenge page?
    Im new please let me know.

Screen Name:
    AARAGON0902
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011:
    127lbs
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):
    115lbs
    What is your exercise plan?:
    two 15 mins walk and one 30 min walk during work in my sketchers shape ups and running after work.
    Are you going to do a specific diet?:
    I am planning to eat healthier and stay under 1200 calories
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?:
    To feel good about myself :)
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    I'd like to join as well

Screen Name:
    Heaterm
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011:
    279lbs
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):
    269lbs
    What is your exercise plan?:
    Curves
    Are you going to do a specific diet?:
    I am planning to eat healthier and stay under 1200 calories
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?:
    I wanna be happy being me again, I've never been so excited to exercise in my life...something in my mind just switched where i cant wait to go to the gym and work out
  • dom300186
    dom300186 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    name Dom300186
    weight 208lbs
    goal 198lbs
    exercise plan: biggest loser and dance central on the kinect min 1 hr a day
    calorie intake 1350
    why? I want to feel sexy again, and get into my wedding dress next year, also for self confidence.
  • hollyandfudgemum
    Options
    Screen Name: Hollyandfudgemum
    Goal weight to have lost by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 14lbs
    What is your exercise plan?: Dog walking & Horse riding
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: No plan to look at it more as healthy eating than a diet
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: Being fitter (and lighter) for my animals!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My starting weight on Jan 1 is 152 pounds.

I waited to see if I will re-lose the 5 pounds I gained during Christmas weekend and I successfully did. I think a lot of it was water gain from all that sodium and sugar.