Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Have a great day!

Beth in dreary and rainy Western New York
  • Stephelia500
    Options
    Good morning! I'm 49 and will be 50 in October. I'd like to reach goal by 50 and stay there. My name is Stephanie and I just signed up for MFP (again.... did it years ago and it worked! but ...... well.....) so I'm starting fresh.

This looks like a great group of fabulous ladies, I've enjoyed reading your posts!

****QUESTION, HOW DO YOU GET THE COUNTER ON YOUR POSTS??*** thanks :)
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Patty -- I will send you a message about FitBit. They replaced my FitBit when it stopped working at no cost. It took going through some hoops, but I have a new one.

Gail, metro ATL
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,161 Member
    Options
    Following you as the thread continues. :bigsmile:

Lin in Central Iowa
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Bump x
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    To get the weight ticker, go to the top blue area & click on apps, then go the 2nd blue area and click on tickers. Then you pick your ticker! Hope this helps. Sherry :wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am happy to report that we have no buyer's remorse about the new truck. Jake will go out today and buy floor mats and new wiper blades and put the "pooch pouch" in the back seat so the dogs can ride in the truck.

:flowerforyou: time to walk the dogs:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • redladee1
    redladee1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the puppy Patty. I've been off for about a week now and it's getting to me. I'm going to work with my DH at a new, local office but am not getting anything accomplished. I feel my entire day is wasted (since he's not "established" yet - still in the planning stages) and by the time I get home, I make dinner and catch up on things I needed to get done during the day. The next thing you know, it's after 9pm and I'm too mentally tired to exercise.
    I wanted to re-start my previous program, since it was working, but can't until Wednesday. I have a routine medical check up this afternoon and hope to do aTurboFire 45 workout this evening, if for nothing else than to release some tension. The more time that passes without exercise, the more difficult it becomes to complete a workout! :ohwell: Tomorrow I'll start making more solid plans for the work week where I get up early enough to get my workout in and plan program meals for lunch (when I'm not home.)
    I hope everyone has a great week!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I think maybe I need to be on a cherry pie diet. This morning my weight is back down to where it was before Easter. Yesterday I went up three flights of stairs VERY easily. I was really tickled with that. Hubby was impressed. In past years I made a beeline to the elevator to go up to the ballroom for the banquet.

Today I go to the local pulmonologist to talk about that genetic lung disease. He wants me to do a test to check the current level of my lungs, but I've done that test before and it's very hard. I'm not going to do it again if I can help it. If I do, it won't be at our little Podunk hospital.

Stephanie - welcome! There is something you have to turn on the ticker under settings, I think, but I can't remember where it is. Then under apps there is a tab for tickers where you get to choose how it looks. I'm glad you are back and starting again. You are a good reminder to the rest of us that we have to stick with this long term. I don't want to gain mine back! How much are you going to lose?

Have a great day everyone!

Sylvia
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: marking my place
    Have a great day everyone

Juanita in sudbury
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    marking
  • Cocotrendy
    Cocotrendy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm not 50 yet but will be in November of this year. I am celebrating it early on a cruise with friends and family and that is part of my motivation to lose the weight. My other motivation is just too feel better both mentally and physically. I don't feel like I am too late in making a change. I feel like it is a new opportunity as I embark on a new milestone journey.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Deborah, I apologize to you in advance for thinking it was hilarious that your "bump" was the 500th post and closed the last thread. Bless your heart! Thank goodness for the automatic link to the new thread.

I wanted to chime in on the "not enough sleep causing a carb craving" conversation. As I have whined before, this new schedule at school where I have to be there at 7:45 a.m. instead of my usual 9:00 a.m. has ruined the joy of my job for me. I blame it (together with the broken wrist) for my having put back on 18 pounds of the weight I had lost. No, DH's candy dish and the fact that I can't simply go to bed an hour and a half earlier have nothing to do with it! I honestly do think there is something to that study. Maybe I could leave the candy dish alone if I had enough sleep.

Well, after the insurance people got the results of my waist measurement, new weight, etc. I got a call from them saying my wellness coach would be calling me. Maybe that will be the wake-up call I need. She is calling Friday afternoon. I went to the insurance wellness site and tracked my walking since Jan 1. Compared to last year, it is a pitiful record. I've only met my goal of 5 times a week once since I fell on Jan 18. I always track it on here and my DH tracks it on our big family calendar. I also started yesterday adding a plus sign to my initial (the initial is for walking) on the days that I do the strength training from "Strong Women Stay Slim." I'm mad and refuse to buy new clothes in the size I gave away. Right now I only have two pairs of pants and one pair of jeans that fit me. My cute tank tops and sweaters from last spring are not attractive. It is sad, sad, sad! I am mad and ready to change things. I just hope I can hold that thought.
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

It is a nice day here in Oklahoma. I am down another pound, yay! I made pumpkin protein bars yesterday, I used Jamie Eason's recipe and added more spice and used "flax eggs" instead of all the egg whites. I did add some liquid egg whites as well, 1/4 cup. They turned out really well.

Yanniejannie, glad you liked the dog story. I thought it sounded like something from Lassie. How many of you remember her? Love that your house is still in 1950! I don't text well, or often.

Renny, feel better.

Meg, hugs. Sorry your DD acted that way.

Cara, welcome!

Bonnie, hugs. Dementia is hard.

Carol, congrats on the payoff!

Alison, lots of hugs to you!

Debbie, welcome!

Joyce, sorry your hubby acted like that. Hugs.

Michele, your workouts rock! Your shopping trip did too, congrats on the sales!

Barbie, yay! Glad the new truck purchase was a good one!

Sylvia, wish cherry pie did that for me.

DeeDee, sorry about your naughty dog experience.

For those dealing with grief, I just finished a really good book called "You Can Heal Your Heart" by Louse Hay. It really helped me.

Do something nice for you today ladies,

Cindy in OK:heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Congratulations on the new truck. I want to know all about the pooch pouch as my dog is getting my new back seat dirty. I’m over pouting about spending money and really like the new car.:flowerforyou:

Patty: So sorry to hear that your dog was hit by a car. Good luck with her rehabilitation.:cry::heart:

Cocotrendy: You are not too late. You’re absolutely right that this is a new opportunity. Welcome.:flowerforyou:

Kay: I understand your feelings about the hours change on your job. Teaching always involves a long day, but shifting hours can disturb your whole sleep/rest/activity cycle. Stick with us. We’ll give you as much encouragement as we can.:flowerforyou:

Easter at DS’s & DDIL’s was lovely. We had an opportunity to go for a ride in their new canoe. That canoe is handmade in Canada of Kevlar & is amazingly light and easy to paddle. DS took me for a ride, and DDIL took DH. He was in the front, and the canoe wasn’t well balanced because DDIL is rather light & it looked a bit like they were plowing. They had a good time, anyway. I heard from DD last night. DSIL has a job interview today. Please put him in your prayers and/or good wishes. He needs a job that makes him feel like he is doing worthy work and they need the income. DD's job is a good one, but it is very hard to get by on one income these days.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Move more: cardio at least 3 days a week and strength training when able.
    3. Find a way to have fun at least once every day.
    4. Water: Pay attention to water intake and drink frequently during the day.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
    The scale is finally moving the right way.Yah!!:drinker: :drinker:
    Have a good one.
    hugs:heart::heart:
    jane
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

Doing my quick skim, quick post thing. Working on pulling another last minute order together. Mother of the bride wants candles in Georgia by the 1st of May:ohwell: I work well under pressure but asking the same questions 5 times to get the info I need for the label is starting to wear on me.

Did my T25 plus 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Stayed under calories yesterday, even with a little chocolate snitching and that leftover coconut cream pie. I only make it once a year and hate to throw it away (still one more piece left) but it seems so self destructive. After typing that I think I'll take one bite and toss the rest.

Welcome to the new visitors.

Am going to try to catch up a bit more later.

Happy day to all!

xo- Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • acasewick
    acasewick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am looking for motivational friends on MFP. I am 49 years old (50 in July) married two kids and two dogs. I live in Michigan and have been pretty sedentary for the last decade. I have about 120 pounds to shed so this needs to be a lifestyle change for me. I recently started a program through a local hospital using a combination of Fruits, Vegetables and Meal Replacements. I have also joined a fitness club.

If anyone in this group uses a Jawbone Up for fitness monitoring, I could use some teammates to hook up with.

So far I have lost 9 pounds and it hasn't been easy. When I was younger the weight came of much easier. At this age with my sloth like metabolism I have had to kick and scratch for every one of those nine pounds.

My new Mantra........Rome was not built in a day!

Angela
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Tuesday good-news-day, no more cookie-day! 3 days is enough, don't you think? :huh: Yesterday when I got to work I threw out one whole box of icky store-bought brownies and gross little cupcakes leftover from the recital. However, I proceeded to help myself to a few of the cookies that for some strange reason I thought shouldn't go in the trash. :ohwell: I've learned over time that I don't get along with sugar, so why I derail myself is an intersting question! :grumble:

Today there will be no more of that nonsense. I intend to get my magic wand and give myself a good bonk on the head. :tongue:

DeeDee, dogs are certainly interesting creatures, aren't they. :huh: Another dog set foot in Queen Noel's kingdom? The nerve! :laugh: She certainly gave you the "what for" about that, the little rascal. :devil:

Cara, Stephanie, welcome. :flowerforyou: And the same goes for the new ladies I've missed. :wink:

We have a bit of blue sky this morning, with clouds floating around, I suppose we might get rain again later. I've got gardening projects to do, need to grocery shop, walk dogs, and yes, I need to do my morning dance workout.

Great day to all :flowerforyou:

:smile: jb in Portland, trying to be an optimist, doing the cha-cha :bigsmile:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    SUN and blue skies!!!! Rain supposed to arrive later; but it will be nice for my walk. Tai chi and yoga later; then staying at Gwen's tonight so I can take her sister to the airport................At 4am!!!!!!!! Didn't know the time when I agreed.........lol.

Down a half pound!!!! This is the first the scale has gone down instead of up in months; maybe I have my mojo back??

jb.........I think the sugar thing is tied to the willpower thing, no answers.........sometimes I have it, sometimes I just don't. Maybe it all goes back to adequate, restfull sleep??????

Cindy........I certainly do remember Lassie; think that show made me cry more than any other, just the music would do it!

Very best to all. Welcome newbies!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic