lost 34.4 pounds (underwear pics, sorry!) 165.5 to 131.2

Options

Replies

• FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    At first I thought the picture on top was your success picture but then I scrolled down and was really impressed. Great work.

Normally, posting pictures in your underwear is not appropriate but here in MFP showing your progress is what it is all about. I also feel shy about posting shirtless pictures but I can't talk about losing fat without showing what I'm dealing with.

As for maintaining you can try setting new goals. Now that your body fat is relatively low you could maybe focus on weight training. You are about as close to perfect as a person can expect to get but you could develop some more muscle without compromising your feminine figure. I'm not saying you need to, but having additional goals can keep you from gaining back fat.

yeah i definitely think i could work on gaining some muscle, as i'm not sure losing fat is a feasable goal anymore since i may start to look like a scary person. to gain muscle should i decrease my cardio workouts? (i have been doing 30-45 minutes 4x weekly) and just focus on spending time doing weights? i'm not really sure how to even lift weights, how much i should do, how many reps. i've been doing 2 reps of 12 at a weight that hurts by the time i'm done and i def don't feel like i could do another but is that enough? should i get p90x? take strength classes at the gym?

It does appear that you could use a little more information about strength training. When you say "2 reps of 12", I assume you meant "2 sets of 12". On the bright side, since you have very little experience doing strength training you should see positive results quickly.

People swear by P90X and from what I've seen it obviously works. The great thing about P90X is that most of it is using body weight only. I have not purchased P90X because with my job and family I can't commit to a 90 day routine. In addition I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.

Whatever you do, feel good knowing that you are an inspiration to others.
  • tryinghard2lose
    Options
    you look amazing! great job!
  • jackal75
    Options
    Awesome job! I think you have done what you need to do to look and feel better. Strength training is also nice, but don't feel that you "have" to. As with the weight loss, toning up is about you rather than what others think you should do. The only person (other than you) that should ever have a say in your fitness is your doctor, and I doubt the doctor will say you require the strength training. However, consulting a doctor is ok for the reason of ensuring you don't hurt yourself.

My gym has a trainer on staff that you can pay $40 a session for him to kick your butt for an hour, but part of the membership fee for the gym includes a free consultation with him. I used that, and used my goals and ability to form a workout plan for me on paper. If you are going to a gym, see if they have a similar service.

Again, super job on your weight loss. I don't think you need to lose more in any area, but again, that is up to you. Just remember that being too thin can be unattractive too. :happy:
  • Atrox
    Atrox Posts: 59
    Options
    You look great! Congrats (I agree with the not needing to loose anymore- really). You inspired me to take my "before" (well, lost 4.5 lbs already) pics today (in a bikini which I did not want to wear), so wanted to say thanks!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Ok guys I finally figured out my user name an password from my iPhone app! It's sprinkies (this is the OP Willow_watson so feel free to add me on here!) I believe my diary is public so constructive criticism is welcome :)
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't offend you by saying, DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNN! You look amazing
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    WOW! talk about inspiration! :happy:

your "before" shots are even an inspiration to me (i'm 5'4 & 160 right now)!

and your after shots, well... i don't know if i could ever get there, but i sure would like to (because you being 130 at your height, would be like me being 110 at my height!). you really look amazing! congrats on your hard work! im sure ur hubby is very pleased! lol
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    smiley-hug001.gif I’M SO HAPPY FOR YAH

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
  • HappyTemple
    Options
    You look breathtaking!!! WOW. Your waist is so perfect that it looks corseted! Absolutely gorgeous! Great job!
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    You look AMAZING! :smile:
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    "(underwear pics, sorry!)"

Don't apologize for that! You look FABULOUS! Congratulations!!!!!
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!!
  • tillybabes
    Options
    Wow you look absolutely amazing! Well done and congarulations

I'm 5'6 currently 186 would love to get somewhere near your figure i've never been slim, i want to be the hot wife/mama too :D

Your definately an inspiration , thank you xx
  • starbuck3333
    Options
    Super Job. Hope to some day show the same improvements.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    You give the term hot mama new meaning! Great job!!!
  • sasimon1
    Options
    Good for you. I'm just a little taller than you, and i can remember weighing around 135. I'm 40 now so I know that getting back to 135 is probably not likely, so I'd be satisfied with 150 at this point. But seeing your pics is good motivation for me. Thanks for posting.
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    Options
    EXCELLENT job with meeting your objectives! You have a right to be very proud.

If you want to get into weight training, try talking to a Personal Trainer and getting a group of sessions. Have them, at the very least, take you through all of the basics in free weights and machines and how to use them safely. Take notes!

You can also pick up a cool iphone app called iFitness. Has some great exercises with some instructional videos.

Also, check out my thread going under Fitness called "Calling all Women Lifters". We like to exchange ideas, provide motivational support, etc.

Weight lifting is key for a healthy spine, bone density and sustained metabolism. You don't need to lift hard to get the benefits. I do because it's a total rush and my hubby is my training partner.

I'd wish you good luck, but you don't need it. You have the determination. Keep it going!
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    OH my you look wonderful! Great job...I would take the first body any day...to exchange for what I have now and throw it away...lol! Happy New year and good job wifey!
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    your gorgeous girl!! Great job! :)
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    sexy sexy... you look awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!