need advice for rapid weight loss

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    let's not lose sight of the goal here.
    I wanna know how I can lose 30 lbs of just fat in 40 days from Jasminass.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    20 carbs or less per day

No

Working for me. My husband started the middle of February and is down 74 pounds so it is working for him too. Just saying it is possible.

No
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    20 carbs or less per day

No

Working for me. My husband started the middle of February and is down 74 pounds so it is working for him too. Just saying it is possible.

Because you created a caloric deficit through the elimination of carbs. Not because of the fact that you're eating 20g carbs.

So that is proof she can do it if she wants too. Maybe eating low carb will help her keep her calories down.

Nobody is saying it's not possible, we're saying there is no way to do it in a healthy way.

Also, no.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is what you do. Go to MIT. Study hard. Don't party too much. Avoid Spring Break. Study some more. Develop a time machine. Go back in time to about September 2013. Start your weight loss then. Voila! Problems solved...
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

you will need to inbox her with your credit card details...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to anyone telling you, you can't! Umm excuse me but I have four kids and was 208 lbs. I now weight 138. I lost 28lbs my first month of really being serious about losing weight. And it was all FAT honey!
    I would dispute this since any journal of physiology, nutrition, diet, sports medicine will agree that fast weight loss results in water, fat and lean tissue loss.
    It's no doubt that it can be done. It's just a matter of what impact it has on health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

If she has 4 kids and went from 208 to 138 in one month maybe she birthed quadruplets. Of course then claiming it was all fat might be a little insulting to her children.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I GOT THIS.

1-remove nail polish and fake nails
    2-cut off wet hair
    3-wear bra on scale
    4- diet off 10 lbs
    5- remove platform shoes while on scale
    6- put down oversized handbag while on scale
    7- remove douchey sunglasses when on scale
    8- remove cell phone from back pocket when on scale
    9- spit out chewing gum right before getting on the scale
    10- stand closer to the wall and lean on it slightly when on the scale.

ALL THESE MOVES ARE SAFE. BAM!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • ChrisRiches
    ChrisRiches Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i used weight loss theta hypnosis and it really helped... i lost 6 kgs in two weeks... there is even smartphone app for it here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.multiformis.wlth

... this helped to me too :-)

You realize you just responded to your own post to agree with yourself?

:laugh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    i used weight loss theta hypnosis and it really helped... i lost 6 kgs in two weeks... there is even smartphone app for it here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.multiformis.wlth

... this helped to me too :-)

I think you forgot to log into your other account before you agreed with yourself in order to tout your nonsense...
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Lol I know, I'm waiting for the magic answer too
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    more-wine.gif
  • jackjacksgirl
    Options
    I've lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks, but I have ALOT more than 30 to lose. I eat clean on mostly a paleo diet and I do cardio and strength training 5 days a week. Good luck to you, but it seems like you have a very unrealistic goal. You're only setting yourself up for failure:(
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    20 carbs or less per day

No

Because you created a caloric deficit through the elimination of carbs. Not because of the fact that you're eating 20g carbs.

So that is proof she can do it if she wants too. Maybe eating low carb will help her keep her calories down.

i would love to know how much water weight and muscle mass is included in that 74 pounds….
  • jasminass
    jasminass Posts: 16
    Options
    Okay OP I'm going to blow your mind here: your weight is meaningless. All that number tells you is what your relationship is with gravity. It would be totally different somewhere else. It means nothing in water. Weight... isn't really all it's cracked up to be.

I imagine there's something happening in 40 days that makes you want to lose a bunch of weight for it. The good news is that you can make a difference in your appearance in that time. Begin by eating at a moderate calorie deficit, do 30 minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training) 3-5 times a week, and do some kind of resistance, strength or weight training at least twice a week. Make sure to drink at least 8 cups of water each day and make healthy choices. Reach your protein goal, but stay under your sodium limit.

Take a picture now and take another one in 40 days. You can make a big difference in that time - but trying to lose weight too quickly will not help you. Even if you were to lose that quickly, you would be losing such a large portion of lean body mass that you probably wouldn't look very different - and you would be tired and hungry.

Stay safe, stay healthy, and don't obsess over the scale.
  • jasminass
    jasminass Posts: 16
    Options
    I love This advice!!! Right on the money
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I GOT THIS.

1-remove nail polish and fake nails
    2-cut off wet hair
    3-wear bra on scale
    4- diet off 10 lbs
    5- remove platform shoes while on scale
    6- put down oversized handbag while on scale
    7- remove douchey sunglasses when on scale
    8- remove cell phone from back pocket when on scale
    9- spit out chewing gum right before getting on the scale
    10- stand closer to the wall and lean on it slightly when on the scale.

ALL THESE MOVES ARE SAFE. BAM!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I love This advice!!! Right on the money

you are now talking to yourself on an internet forum ….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Okay OP I'm going to blow your mind here: your weight is meaningless. All that number tells you is what your relationship is with gravity. It would be totally different somewhere else. It means nothing in water. Weight... isn't really all it's cracked up to be.

I imagine there's something happening in 40 days that makes you want to lose a bunch of weight for it. The good news is that you can make a difference in your appearance in that time. Begin by eating at a moderate calorie deficit, do 30 minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training) 3-5 times a week, and do some kind of resistance, strength or weight training at least twice a week. Make sure to drink at least 8 cups of water each day and make healthy choices. Reach your protein goal, but stay under your sodium limit.

Take a picture now and take another one in 40 days. You can make a big difference in that time - but trying to lose weight too quickly will not help you. Even if you were to lose that quickly, you would be losing such a large portion of lean body mass that you probably wouldn't look very different - and you would be tired and hungry.

Stay safe, stay healthy, and don't obsess over the scale.

so that is how you dropped 1000% of your body weight in 40 days…suuuuuurrrrreeeee
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    Actually I have the answer for rapid weight loss....lay on back, feet in the air, place scale on feet instead of standing on it. You lose a bunch of weight that way!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.