NO MORE EXCUSES JANUARY, LOSE 10+ LBS!

Options

Replies

• Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    I too am struggling to get back on track. I have lost over 50 lbs with MFP so far, but since end of October I have found myself getting lazy. The start of the new year makes for a good excuse to get back on track...and a good challenge helps with the honesty too. I know I will struggle with remembering to post my weigh-ins so if some of you want to friend me and give me reminders that might help.

Screen Name: Corrie62
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 183.8
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 172 or less
    What is your exercise plan?: 500 cal of cardio/7 days a week (I have a HRM) and strength training 3x per week (not sure on that one yet)
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: What worked for me before was being dilligent about tracking on MFP and really being concientious about what I eat...going to do that again
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: my success so far motivates me...my biggest short term motivation is an upcoming Jamaican vacation, or Dominican vacation (not sure where yet) in February.
  • lilfarm
    lilfarm Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: lilfarm
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 204
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 194
    What is your exercise plan?: ride stationary bike a min of 30 minutes a day, stretch daily, M, W, F do wii program with weights
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: stay under my calorie limit. Quit drinking coffee
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: have a baby
  • mystic333
    Options
    Screen Name: Mystic333
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 189
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 179
    What is your exercise plan?: 7 days of 60 min cardio; 3 days of 30 min strength
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Nope I just stay within my calories, lots of protein, and lots of fiber.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My health. I started mfp at 200 lbs and while that may not be much to some ppl I'm only 5'3" and I barely show my weight bcuz my organs will store fat before my body will show the extent of it according to my doctor. She even had me step on the scale 3 times bcuz she couldn't believe I weighed that from how my weight proportions. :ohwell:
    [/quote]
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: CoryIda
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 236.0
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011: 225.0
    What is your exercise plan?: Exercise 6 days a week, burn 3000 calories/week, do crunches and push-ups, as well as other strength training exercises, regularly.
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Nope, just eating healthy foods and drinking lots of water.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: God - my body is a temple and I'm responsible for taking care of it! Also, my family (especially setting a good example for my 8 year old son).
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: frostiegurl
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 232
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):220
    What is your exercise plan?: Walk 2-3 miles a day, 30 day shred every day, and at least 20-30 minutes of random cardio every day.
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Just sticking within calorie guidelines while eating healthy and nutritious foods
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My health and well being.

Just a reminder, I can't weigh in on the 8th. However, I can do it a day early and weigh in on the 7th before we leave for our cruise.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Ok...finally the holidays are over and my routine can get back on track!!

Screen Name: Bpelletier8
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 346.8
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 330.00
    What is your exercise plan?: Weight lifting, Elliptical torture, and EA Sports Active
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Straight Calorie Counting, No Booze
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I'm on the verge of being at my weight that I got married almost 9 years ago!!

Good Luck everybody!!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: asltiffm
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 150.2
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011: 141
    What is your exercise plan?: walk the dogs at least 5 times a week, ride my bike at least once a week and workout 2 times a week
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: still eating reduced sugar/carbs and moderating how much I eat
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I want to not have to feel my stomach jiggle when I run with the dogs...and I want to be able to button my work pants again.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    THIS IS MY RE-POST. :smile:

* Screen Name: Steph_135
    * Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 188.5
    * Goal weight by January 31, 2011: 178
    * What is your exercise plan?: get a gym membership, and go as often as I can!! use it for all it's worth! I really want to start lifting weights and gaining muscle, which may interfere with the 10 pounds, but I'm hopeful. I want to be strong and have sexy back muscles. :laugh:
    * Are you going to do a specific diet?: Healthy, balanced eating, and less white foods (less potatoes, white rice, flours, sugar, chips, etc)
    * What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My 25th birthday (March)!!
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: Amyrc12
    January 1 weight: 178.2
    Goal weight Jan 31: 168
    excercise plan: 30 day shred
    Diet plan: stay under my calorie goal
    Motivation: my beautiful 2 yr old boy and loving supportive husband...(and an old wardrobe)
  • FitMomRunning
    FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: FitMomRunning
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 157
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 147
    What is your exercise plan?: Jog/walk on the treadmill 3-5 miles daily (Monday to Saturday), Wii, strength training
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Since I'm nursing my calorie range will be 1700-2000/day.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I'm sick of being the frumpy mom! I want to look as good as I feel.
  • kaa014
    kaa014 Posts: 2
    Options
    Screen Name: kaa014
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 280
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 265
    What is your exercise plan?: exercise 4 times a week for at least an hr
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: no specific diet just counting calories
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: to look and feel pretty again
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    I'm in!!

Screen Name: Nadyasmom (Brenda)
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 135 lbs
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 125
    What is your exercise plan?: Just try and fit in some sort of exercise everyday.
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: honestly, not a diet, but just trying to cut calories and eat healthier over all
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: my girls--and I want to look smokin' when my husband gets home in a few months.
  • jesses_wifey
    Options
    **UPDATED**

Screen Name: Jesses_Wifey
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 198.8lbs.
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 185
    What is your exercise plan?: 30 minutes of exercising 2x/day, 6 days/week
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: 1200 to 1300 calories
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: my husband and i are moving back home soon to texas after being away from everyone for a year and a half and i don't want everyone to see me again and think "wow, she got fat!" I recently had a baby but I don't want to use that as an excuse.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Here we go.

Starting weight 152 pounds, and ending weight will be 142 pounds or less. I hope to reach 142 pounds sooner than the 31st. Hopefully, that idea is not too crazy

weight.png
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    Stephanie, can I still get in on this? I had family Christmas yesterday so didnt have time to log on.

Screenname: blasack
    Starting Weight Jan 1, 2011: 192
    Goal Weight by Jan 31st: 182 or less
    Exercise plan: 20+ min of elliptical 5 days a week and free weights
    Specific Diet: Count calories and watch portions
    Biggest Motivation: Be healthier to keep up with my 20 month old Daughter. I already get tired keeping up and she's only going to be more active I am sure. To be able to shop for clothes and feel like I look great in them, and to be able to "feel good"

Thanks,
    Beth
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    I cants wait to work out again tomorrow ^^
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    Screen Name: asj0901
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 154
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 144 lbs
    What is your exercise plan?: just do it everyday!
    Are you going to do a specific diet?:
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: LOOKS!!!:love:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I cants wait to work out again tomorrow ^^
    Hurray! Great attitude!!

I've been majorly slacking these past two days, but tomorrow I'm back at school and back to working out!! (Getting a gym membership, and so excited!!) :happy:
  • supernonna
    Options
    Screen Name: SuperNonna (Davonna)
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 178
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 168
    What is your exercise plan?: Just trying to fit in some. Going to get really busy when I start back to school next week!!
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: MFP, eat healthier
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: Going to be a friends maid of honor in May, I want to look and feel better, plus now I'm in a brand new relationship myself :)
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late... :blushing:

Screen Name: JaneZv
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 139
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 129 (or lesser than 138 i'll be happy)
    What is your exercise plan?: run on treadmill 6x a week
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: no, just trying to stay within 1200 calories
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: to feel good and have more confidence!