Total Body Enhancement at Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    well, it certainly sounds legit

Unlike the green light ones. They are total crap.

lol
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I swear planet fitness is actually a real life troll company and and the people behind it just sit back and laugh their *kitten* off every single day watching the security cameras.

Would not surprise me. A great business idea. Why go see a comedian when you have comedy everyday at your business..
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I stood on one of those wiggly machines at Brookstone. I could not stop laughing. It tickled so much. But there's no freaking way I was "toning" anything. There's no easy way out of exercise.

I am sure everyone that was in viewing distance was very appreciative you did that.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Why people have to act so stupid all the time if you cant or dont want to answer the question then say nothing.

You waited almost 3 years for your first post, and this is it?

I notice that you can't or don't want to answer the original question. By your own admonition, shouldn't you have said nothing?!? :laugh:
  • Coleybu1
    Coleybu1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have bulging discs and fibromyalgia. Working great for me
  • cwf11125
    cwf11125 Posts: 1
    Options
    On the wall next to where the door hinges, you'll find a circular control. To start the machine press the center button. To select different programs press one of the four outer buttons.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    There is no point to this machine. Possibly other than wasting your time. I would also respectfully recommend joining a real gym.

edited for a typo
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Nope and I am skeptical about it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    On the wall next to where the door hinges, you'll find a circular control. To start the machine press the center button. To select different programs press one of the four outer buttons.

These buttons will determine the duration and pattern of your light show.

Please enjoy the show.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Make sure to get the green light as it stimulates photosynthesis. Huge energy boost.
    The red encourages muscle repair through enhanced blood flow, if you need that.
    The blue also assists in muscle recovery, but through cooling light (like an ice pack).
    Yellow is decent too, as it increases body assimilation of Vitamins C and D.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Make sure to get the green light as it stimulates photosynthesis. Huge energy boost.
    The red encourages muscle repair through enhanced blood flow, if you need that.
    The blue also assists in muscle recovery, but through cooling light (like an ice pack).
    Yellow is decent too, as it increases body assimilation of Vitamins C and D.

First, I laughed...and then the marketing side of me decided this could be a gold mine.
  • medgirl50
    Options
    Does anyone know the purpose of the Total Body Enhancement? I try to use it three times a week atfer working out. The girl at the front desk could not tell me, she was kind of beating around the bush as to what the machine can do for you.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    They told me it was to tone skin and helps reduce cellulite. Some people say it reduces post workout soreness and they get more energy from it -

I don't know - I'm doing more research on it - 'google' and see what you can find.

Also - Please don't say "join a real gym" It may not be the place for you - but it works just fine for many of us. We all don't have the same goals or budgets.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Infrared light is heat. So it warms you up. Yes, this will increase blood flow. You'd get the same effect if you just stood next to a space heater.

I wonder if they marketed it as "electromagnetic radiation" it would increase sales or not?
  • hrowell0636
    hrowell0636 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I do not consider Planet Fitness a serious gym like some of you would want, but I am a member and I love it there. I live in a very rural area and the closest gym was 20-30 minutes away until a PF opened up less than a mile from my office. I was ecstatic. I am a runner, and I enjoy going to PF to do some strength training to improve my endurance and to use the treadmills on rainy days. I'm never made to feel like a wimp nor do I have anyone pressure me to try some crazy new drink/pill/training method like the gym in my old hometown. I've made some friends there and I like the staff. Either way, a gym shouldn't be your only method of improving your fitness, so I don't know why everyone is so hell bent on bashing PF.

With that said, I am a black card member because I love the hydro massage and inexpensive tanning. $10/mo for gym or $20/mo for gym, tanning, and massage? Easy choice. :) My PF has the Beauty Angel beds, which I researched online and checked with some friends and family before use. A friend of mine is a nurse in a dermatology office. She says red light therapy is the newest craze in SKIN tightening and toning. It mimics a certain range of light (that you could also get from normal sun exposure), that is thought to increase cellular repair and improve oxygen circulation in the body. From my personal experience, my skin is softer and appears more hydrated. I use the bed twice per week, and have done so for about six weeks now. I feel that my facial complexion has improved, but I'm not sure if that is from the red light therapy, or other skin care changes I have made. The bed does seem to help with muscle recovery, though. The days I use it, I notice a significant difference in soreness and water retention after my workout.

So there's my two cents, do with it what you will. I'm just a fat accountant trying to become a skinny accountant through running, strength training, and a slightly decent diet (I say slightly because I love starbucks and I currently have two packs of m&ms in my purse). I've lost 30 pounds in the past five months and I still have a bit to go. I am a PF advocate, because it has made a difference for me. Sometimes its really hard to go from couch potato to healthy, but its even worse when you feel like you are alone.
  • jukeboxjunkie2013
    Options
    lmfao
  • jukeboxjunkie2013
    Options
    lol
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I remember an artical from NASA a few years ago that in zero gravity the astronauts will lose bone density from being in space too long. They were doing studies on mice to see what will keep the bone density up and they found that when the mouse stood on a vibrating plate they didn't lose bone density. I know that there was research done by a few medical schools to see if it could work on earth for bone lost in people. I never heard of what happened to that line of research.

Red light therapy is seen a lot for skin care such as acne and scaring. You can by at home products online and they seem really popular.

It looks like someone might have just decided to put these two together. If it works then there are no problems.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the responses for this topic would have been different if say the title was "Total Body Enhancement at Golds Gym!" and then went on to describe the very same thing.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    lmfao
    ^this...
    lol
    ...and ^this.