Your Thoughts of Big Girls in Bikinis ?

Options

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am truly fascinated by what some people wear, which is neither in a good or bad way. It is just really interesting to me the difference in people, shapes, sizes and style. to answer the OPs question I would probably think "you go girl", confidence can be a very attractive quality in men and women.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I would never say anything- but depending on how she rocked the bikini (10lbs of potatoes into a 5lb bikini? Flattering? not flattering?) these thoughts would roll through my head, but that happens when ever I'm people watching and does not discriminate between large, small, young, old etc. I just love people and seeing how they present themselves :) If she's happy with it, I'm happy for her!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I don't have thoughts about big girls in bikinis.

re the beach scenario, I probably wouldn't even notice as I'd be too busy with my own life.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    every woman is hot in their own skin, confidence is KEY
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Who cares?
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    My thoughts? There is a girl in a bikini.

I live right next to the beach, so they are everywhere and come in all shapes and sizes.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Why not?
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Being a "big" girl myself, I'd think wow she got some b***s.. because I know I wouldn't have the courage to wear one myself and I understand the feeling of all eyes on me and not always in a good way. Even when I was skinny, well average, I always wore the boy short bikini bottoms because I was always terrified of my thighs and bum being public knowledge lol
  • amg120
    amg120 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is why is this asking about bigger women in bikinis? Why not bigger *people* in bikinis/speedos/not covering much?

I have a bigger issue with the focus just on what women wear. Why do we point a huge spotlight on women and what they wear and their size?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is why is this asking about bigger women in bikinis? Why not bigger *people* in bikinis/speedos/not covering much?

I have a bigger issue with the focus just on what women wear. Why do we point a huge spotlight on women and what they wear and their size?

+1
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

This is only my observation:

Women tend to put the spotlight on other women. You don't see men doing this sort of thing to other guys to near the degree.

"Hey guys, did you see what Patrick was wearing? Those swimtrunks..."

Men will tend put the spotlight on women the find highly attractive to their tastes and rarely on women they don't. By the same note, women don't hold men to the same standard that they hold other women. They let men 'slide' in this respect.

That said, I've known plenty of women that don't give a hoot about what another woman is wearing or how she's wearing it. It just seems to be that the vocal people who do, unfortunately, tend to be other women. The OP from August, for example, since she felt the need to create this topic in the first place.
  • amg120
    amg120 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

This is only my observation:

Women tend to put the spotlight on other women. You don't see men doing this sort of thing to other guys to near the degree.

"Hey guys, did you see what Patrick was wearing? Those swimtrunks..."

Men will tend put the spotlight on women the find highly attractive to their tastes and rarely on women they don't. By the same note, women don't hold men to the same standard that they hold other women. They let men 'slide' in this respect.

That said, I've known plenty of women that don't give a hoot about what another woman is wearing or how she's wearing it. It just seems to be that the vocal people who do, unfortunately, tend to be other women. The OP from August, for example, since she felt the need to create this topic in the first place.

I won't necessarily argue here. To look at how men focus on women would be an entirely different and long debate. I 100% agree that women are often the culprit. My question was posed to everyone who answered the original question without actually questioning the question itself as well as OP and everyone else who has been guilty of doing this sort of thing.

I am just pointing out the bigger issue (or what I think is a bigger issue) :)

A lot of people replied with "Why does it matter?" I think they were really close to getting to the point that probably bothered them about the question. I myself had to think about it for a second.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    gXlkMue.png

-exits thread-
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    and I JUST HAD DORITOS...UGH.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Go for it. A tan and comfort is what you want :)
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    Maybe both? I don't know, my immediate thoughts might not be the most pleasant but I'd still think good for her to be able to be confident in her own skin.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    You're at the beach / amusement park and you notice a fairly large girl in a bikini. Would you be totally grossed out, or commend her on the amount of courage and self-respect she has ?

It's a rainy day and I've just spotted a fairly large person with an umbrella. Same reaction.
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If it actually fits them, meaning not too small, by all means, go for it. I spend a lot of time at the beach and have seen fuller figured women wearing bikinis that obviously were not their size. They probably would have looked better had it been their size.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    borat-mankini404_676844c.jpg

My husband is easily the sexiest man alive, but even HE couldn't rock that look.

If someone's confident enough to wear one (no matter if they're big or small or whatever), great - more power to them. Doesn't mean I have to look at them if it "grosses" me out. My head is capable of turning. :tongue:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Please cover up.