Popular shows that are overrated.

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Dammit, you're fast. Went back and edited it. The point is, I never understood the hype about the show. Couldn't get into it after five minutes.

^ That's because Breaking Bad isn't mind-blowing within the first five minutes. Sure, it can be slow at times, but there's a beauty in that; this speed shows the gradual development of the protagonist, a seemingly good-natured guy, down a path of darkness in a horrifyingly intriguing manner. Just saying. You should give it another go. :)

I haven't seen the Walking Dead, but the idea of it doesn't really appeal to me. Just because it doesn't appeal to me do I think it's overrated, though.

I gave BB (Breaking Bad not Big Brother) an entire season trying to figure out what was up with the hype. I never found it. My husband watched a few more seasons and still didn't get it either. I know I am in the minority, I just did. not. like.
    I also could never get into How I Met Your Mother either.

Ditto the votes for anything reality.

I loved Walking Dead at first, it is starting to wane for me. Dexter was awesome at first but should have ended seasons earlier. It was just awful by the end.

But Game of Thrones? I love that show.
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Friends
    Seinfield
    George Lopez
    Two and a Half Men
    Come to think of it I think I dislike cheesy sitcoms in general.

I despise all reality tv.
    The Walking Dead is awesome.

How could someone hate Spongebob and Scooby Doo? Sounds like someone needs a Krabby Patty.

giphy.gif
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what shows people watch who say they hate Dexter, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead.
    I need to make fun of their choices.

:heart:

ok, I'll bite...

I watch a few shows religiously...
    - Intelligence (well until the *kitten* took it off the network I get)
    - S.H.I.E.L.D
    - Once Upon A Time
    - Grey's Anatomy (I know, I know... loser)
    - Ink Master
    - Bad Ink

and enjoy repeats of:
    - Criminal Minds
    - Bones

Bones was awesome for the first couple of seasons. I think it nose dived when they got rid of Zach, actually. Now they have occasional flashes of brilliance, generally with Pallant episodes, but otherwise it's unbearable.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    All reality shows that showcase personal drama.
    Dexter after season 1
    The Walking Dead after season 1.
    Mad Men
    Breaking Bad
    True Blood
    All WB shows except Supernatural
    Lost after season 1
    OZ
    Full House, Saved By The Bell and just out every 80s and 90s comedy
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Any of the singing/dancing/talent shows, The real housewives, bachelors or bachelorettes. When did TLC go from THE LEARNING CHANNEL to trivial crap channel, Honey Boo Boo gag me.

If TLC is wanting us to learn from the shows they are airing these days, they must want us to be a society of complete and utter morons. And rednecks.

I say Duck Dynasty is overrated. It was okay at first, but Personally, I'm tired of seeing them everywhere!
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    If TLC is wanting us to learn from the shows they are airing these days, they must want us to be a society of complete and utter morons. And rednecks.

I say Duck Dynasty is overrated. It was okay at first, but Personally, I'm tired of seeing them everywhere!
    [/quote]

I totally agree. I don't see why it blew up. I'm from Louisiana and I think the show is way too much. I don't think it'd a bad shoe but I don't think it's bed sheet material
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oh and Full House sucks. I don't get why it's still being aired. Sure miss Growing Pains though lmao
  • aldenxnedla
    aldenxnedla Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try reading instead...
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Try reading instead...

Why assume that we don't?
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Yeah, I am going to have to go with The Big Bang Theory, too. Every time I watch it, i just cringe. Not funny. I love cats and even I can't stand when people start reciting the soft kitty song.

As for Breaking Bad, i can understand how it may not be someone's cup of tea, but there is no way that show is overrated. Breaking Bad has some of the best writing and character development in television history. It deserves every bit of hype it gets.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I watched the first series of 24 but none after that, may get round to it some day
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Firefly and doctor who
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,553 Member
    Options
    Views on a show being overated is subjective. I'll just leave it as if it's really overated, then it shouldn't be continuous season after season. Viewership is what keeps shows on air, not what just what a few people personally think here and there.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Firefly and doctor who
    You said Doctor Who....... :(
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I completely don't understand the appeal of any show involving the Kardashians. Also, any of the "Real Housewives" shows. I just don't get it at all.

As far as fiction . . . I think both Grey's Anatomy and Scandal are horrible shows. I don't know how people can actually sit through those and be entertained. The over the top plots and psychotic unrealistic drama just don't do it for me.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Try reading instead...

well i am reading this thread soo that counts
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Try reading instead...

well i am reading this thread soo that counts

:tongue:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Dr. Who
    Mad Men
    The last season of Arrested Development (such a disappointment for me in comparison to the first ones)
    Prison Break after season 2
    Orange Is The New Black (I do like this show *but* I don't see it as particularly any more ground breaking than other "raw" prison-based shows that have come out, and I much prefer Oz)
    The Office (British version)
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Firefly and doctor who
    You said Doctor Who....... :(

WHY_WOULD_YOU_POST.gif