New MFP App Comments

Options
How do people feel about My Fitness Pal's new judgmental comments when you log stuff on the app? Is there a way to turn it off?

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    What comments are you referring to, exactly? :huh:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    How do people feel about My Fitness Pal's new judgmental comments when you log stuff on the app? Is there a way to turn it off?
    You mean when it tells you you are under eating? It's always done that maybe address the issue then you wont get the messages? Just a thought
  • BassAwareness
    BassAwareness Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wonder why no one else is getting these comments, it might be from a MFP update. Anyway, for example, I logged one hard boiled egg and a little comment popped up that said "Just a heads up...This food is high in cholesterol". Or I logged a sloppy joe and a message popped up that said something about how I'm only supposed to eat a certain number of carbs. I have not yet talked to anyone else getting these messages though.
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wonder why no one else is getting these comments, it might be from a MFP update. Anyway, for example, I logged one hard boiled egg and a little comment popped up that said "Just a heads up...This food is high in cholesterol". Or I logged a sloppy joe and a message popped up that said something about how I'm only supposed to eat a certain number of carbs. I have not yet talked to anyone else getting these messages though.
    I've seen them. I onlyl get them on the app (Android), not the website. Until I can figure out how to turn them off, I'm just ingoring them.
  • garnerish
    garnerish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't get any specific messages.

I just feel it's general judgmental glare.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT APP. I HAD A SUPER NOODLE SANDWICH OKAY. YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME. YOU'RE NOT EVEN SENTIENT.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    0.o There's nothing popping up for me in the iphone app.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I use the app all the time and have never seen those messages.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Every Sat/Sun morning I log my 1 egg breakfast & 2 pieces of bacon from Waffle House. The app must know not to talk back to me...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    What comments are you referring to, exactly? :huh:

You know when you're cooking or prepping and adding as you go? You scan some things (good), you select some items for frequently used (good), you adjust portion sizes and it calculates all the new values (good), you then click 'add selected' because you're using Multi add (good)...

But then, while stirring/draining/serving or whatever you do your usual glance over the foods you've just added to make sure you've not forgotten to add the chicken or something - but you can't.

It's now intermittently interrupted with useful comments like 'well done choosing bread! This is low in fat!'
    or
    'This has xxx sodium in it, your goal for today is xx'

MFP needed this like a hole in the head. I can't fathom someone dense enough to need these comment, especially it being vital that it doesn't wait until the end of the day?!?

You're supposed to be striving to make logging less of a chore, not more of a pain in the butt.
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've been getting the same. I think it might be a helpful tool for beginners and those who aren't aware of certain properties of food. An option to turn it off might be nice, but I'm personally leaving mine on. I can either say, "Thanks app, I got this!" or feel scolded/encouraged into making better choices (which works for me, but not for everyone).
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I use the app all the time and have never seen those messages.

They're new. On droid. Today.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Lol I think that is kind of funny. Luckily I have iPhone so no messages for me :)
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you are talking about. The app just updated for me a few days ago (Android) and yesterday it made a comment about my sodium since I logged Ramen...haha <.< It fussed at me about not going over my sodium for the day. I don't know, I kinda like it so far.

My only complaint about the app is I wish it had access to the forums. Oh well, I guess I will stick to Reddit r/progresspics for now. :P
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have the android app and I don't see these. Maybe my app is not up to date? I can't even imagine what it would say for me...
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I've been getting the same. I think it might be a helpful tool for beginners and those who aren't aware of certain properties of food. An option to turn it off might be nice, but I'm personally leaving mine on. I can either say, "Thanks app, I got this!" or feel scolded/encouraged into making better choices (which works for me, but not for everyone).

The app knows I've cleared 1000 consecutive days.
    I just scanned another slice of the same bread, into the same meal.
    The app once again told me it was a good choice as it is low in fat.

New feature is dumb and I need a way to turn it off.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Not on iPhone yet.... Did an upgrade to the app yesterday
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord. I use Android. I haven't gotten any of those comments yet. But if I do, I suspect it will go something like the *conversations* that happen in my car:
    Me: Call XYZ
    Car: Calling ABC
    Me: No, call XYZ
    Car: Calling ABC
    Me: No, godammit, call XYZ
    Car: That is an unrecognized command. Please say another command
    Me: F&^% you
    Car: That is an unrecognized command. Please say another command
    Me: F&^% YOU!!!! Aaaaagh!
    Car: That is an unrecognized command Please say another command
    Me: Jumping out of car...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    0.o There's nothing popping up for me in the iphone app.
    Nothing on my Android app either. I thought maybe I was missing them and so I made an unhealthy entry to see what would happen. Nothing.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    We might have an opportunity to come up with a community name for this feature!

What shall we call it?
    Judgement Mode
    Lunk Alarm
    Traffic Light Mode
    Shouldn't Be Trusted To Feed Myself Mode
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I ragequit