Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    MowMow, the story about your coworkers made me chuckle. Guys are so competitive. I'm laughing at my son-in-law. I'm sure he will surpass my 100 miles. He's really going all out to stay ahead of me.
    I'm glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hey 3M glad to hear your still kicking it.

I did get my birth certificate in last nights mail!
    Excited_man_2.gifExcited_man_2.gifhappy-dance.gif

Now I need to turn it into a passport!
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well, Chelsea and I made it to the gym last night. As I had planned all along for this week, I set the treadmill for the 5K Loop to test my time to complete. I made it for 30 minutes and decided to stop. Apparently, taking all the time off indeed set me back. I really didn’t think it would that much, but it did. My bump leg was like lifting dead weight. Several times I almost tripped over myself because of it. I also had a little bit of discomfort happening behind my knee and the last thing I wanted to do was push through it when I am just 4 days away from the Color Run. No sense in wasting the money and time to not be able to walk.

My work day is winding down so I will try to stop back this evening for personals.

May Goal = 60 miles

5/5 – 3.27 = 9.1 completed
    5/6 – 3.41 = 12.51 completed

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    And…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone... Just thought I would peek in and say "hi"... So... hi :flowerforyou:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I only have time to update mileage:

5/7: 5 km (3.1 miles)
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Naceto- Hi! Hope all is well.

RobinB- Good job making it to the gym. Sorry you're having trouble getting back into your walking groove. Take your time and enjoy yourself at the Color Run this weekend!

Tom- YAY!!! Finally. PROOF that you were born and you do exist! :laugh: Hope the passport process is smooth from here on out.

Mowmow- Glad to hear you're feeling more alive! :happy: I worked with that problem employee today, and I think she's fine, as far as ability to perform the job. Her personality is maybe not what we're used to...she comes off kind of grumpy, but I think she's just not a bubbly person. The real problem is that she is dishonest. She lied to one of the coordinators about her training....so, that's not going to fly. :frown:

ushkii- Good job on yesterday's goals! Keep it up!

Nettie- What a cool cooking class!

L2T- So nice of your dog to not talk finances during exercise! :laugh:

Naomi- So, you've jumped on the geocaching bandwagon as well! I may have to check this stuff out some day. Everyone keeps talking about it.

Kaye- Hang in there. I hope you can push through this plateau soon.

Rain- I will be seriously surprised if your extra pounds don't drop back off once your finals are over and you get back to a normal schedule. The fact that you only slept two hours the other night stands out to me. With such little sleep, no wonder your body is wigging out! Finish your papers and exams, then get back to taking good care of yourself with plenty of sleep and water. :drinker:

AFM- Not much to report. It was a nice, normal day. Now, I need to get caught up on laundry tonight and tomorrow. I've also got to cut up 2-3 cups of tomatoes for the teachers' taco luncheon tomorrow. Going to my daughter's spring concert tomorrow night. Her class is singing Everything is Awesome from the LEGO Movie so that should be pretty......awesome. :wink:

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles
    5/1: 2.83 miles completed!
    5/2: Rest Day
    5/3: 4.52 miles completed!
    5/4: 2.64 miles completed!
    5/5: 1.5 miles completed!
    5/6: 4.39 miles completed!
    5/7: 2.5 miles completed!

Under calories: 4/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 4/31
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good Evening! I hope that everyone’s week is going swimmingly!
    I’ve had a busy three nights at work and had to do most of it on this stinking sore knee. Came home each morning, medicated up, and went to bed with an ice pack strapped to it so hopefully it wouldn’t be too swollen or sore to work on the next shift. It's going to look terrible for a while, but it does feel much better today! I guess for my Wednesday Wish I need to wish to be less clumsy! LOL! I did have a small NSV in the wee hours this morning though. It’s Nurses Week, and they were handing out those little rubber bracelets like the Livestrong ones. I have never been able to wear those, either they wouldn’t fit over my hand, or felt too tight if I did get them on. I took one, thinking “what the heck, I can give it to my niece if it doesn’t fit me”. Well, it went on easily and fits like it’s supposed to! Woot! It’s a small battle, but that’s what it takes to win this war on fat!

@ Ushkii – Wow! How lucky you are to have your Mom to celebrate with at 90! Happy Birthday Mama! Last year I found the need to grow stuff and started a little tire garden. I planted a few weeks ago and I’ve got nearly all my onions up and blooms starting on my cherry tomato plants already. I can’t wait to pick that first one of the year! There simply is nothing better than a fresh tomato straight off the vine! I hope your weather holds so you can get your garden planted this weekend!

@ L2T – You Are lucky and it’s Awesome that you have a nice variety of places to walk and they sound lovely! I don’t live in a formal neighborhood, so I have to drive to walking trails to get the outside walks in. Oh! And Congratulations on passing the 100# mark! What an inspiration!

@ RobinB – I Love walking with Leslie! I can do the “1 mile” pretty well, but have to take a rest before the second mile kicks in and it kicks my booty! I’m working on it though! Good Luck with the Color Run!

@ SkinnyJ – I tried the quinoa tonight… It was really good! I think I've found a way to eat it more now! Thank You!:flowerforyou:

@ MowMow – Animals are so stinking funny! My Teensy and Arnie don’t get along very well either (Arnie is very needy and when he doesn't get his attention he tends to swat the kitty that’s not paying attention.). The other day the two of them shared a window seat on top of the printer to watch the goings on in the yard for nearly an hour. Crazy cats! OH, and country or not, I Want Sidewalks! :laugh:

I head up for my visit with Mama in the morning so may not be around much till after the weekend. Y’all have a good time without me!
    Jenn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sun 5/4 – 2.83 miles (7007 Steps)
    Mon 5/5 – 4.14 miles (10250 steps and 95% of those were at work!)
    Tues 5/6 – 4.02 miles (9945 steps – JUST missed my 10,000! Time got away from me at work last night!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    May Mileage Goals:
    5 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    4 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week (LS - Walk at Home)
    1 / 12 - Days with 10,000 steps or more (Work Days)
    17.77 / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit / Extra)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Aimeemarie- What is your mileage goal?

just passing through tonight. Will catch up for tomorrow.

Wish- That things start looking up- getting a former student back this week- not looking forward to it.

Mileage updated.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I am pretty tired tonight and got a niggling headache but I had a good day. My mom and I got the rest of the garden put in and then after I picked the kiddos up form school we came back to my house and they helped Aunt Tammy repot all of her herbs. It was a lot of fun "playing" in the dirt with them and now I have mint, parsley, chives, basil, and cilantro right out on my back deck to cook with:bigsmile: I made taco quesadillas for dinner and was feeling a little experimental. I took half sour cream and half greek yogurt and blended it with some lime juice and cilantro to make a sauce for the quesadillas and it was super yummy. I had my brother try it when he came to pick up the kids and he kept telling me he needed one more chip with it to make sure of the flavor:laugh: Well I am going to go veg on the couch and watch some tv and give these excedrin a chance to kick in. Have a great night everyone.
    Oh Wednesday wish is that you all get everything you wished for:heart::drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

May Challenge:
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 2.5 miles
    5/3: 0 miles
    5/4: 2.4 miles
    5/5: 2.93 miles
    5/6: 5.43 miles
    5/7: 3.07 miles
  • hjblackburn26
    Options
    Hello! My name is Heather and I'm new to this thread. I need all the motivation and support I can get!

One of my wishes is to be healthier for my family. I don't want to end up like my daddy. We lost him at the young age of 54 five years ago this past Sunday. He had many health problems: diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, depression, more than one heart attack and more than one stroke. I don't want to end up like that and leave my family alone. Everyday I look at myself in the mirror and count how many years I have until I reach the same age that my father was when we lost him. I'm 34 right now so you can do the math.

I know this is not a good mentality to have. I try not to think about it but something brings it up every day. I know in my head that I need to eat better and exercise more. I will do good for a few days and then something stressful will happen and I go on a binge. Once that happens I have a hard time getting back on track. In other words, food controls me and I don't know how to change that and fix my way of thinking. I know everyone keeps telling me to take it one day at a time but I'm very hard on myself. I am currently weighing in at 295 at 5'3". My heaviest was 315 lbs a few months ago so I have lost some but this is the heaviest I have been in my life.

I have always had a problem with my weight but not this much. I don't know if it was because I had a child in 2012 that is making it harder for me to lose weight. I just don't know and I'm so frustrated. I have had numerous times where I just want to give up. I really need all the help and support I can get. Please feel free to give me suggestions and request me as a friend. Thanks!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    May 7 mileage 5.6
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all of the love and support as I struggle with the grading--you guys are awesome! :flowerforyou:

Just a few personals:

@jenn--glad you liked the quinoa. My Dominick's (Safeway) closed a while back and I bought up a bunch of goat cheese. I have used it all up and discovered the Target where I now do my grocery shopping doesn't carry it. Even in the deli--all they have is funky flavored varieties. :ohwell:

@laurie & naomi--you asked when my school year ends. Our official last day is June 12th, but my seniors are done in just a few weeks. Their last day in class is May 23 with finals the next week and graduation on June 1st. If we hadn't had the snow days, that would've only been a week earlier than the underclassmen. However, the rest of us will need to make up for the 4 days off due to the cold weather.

@naomi--a zombie run is an obstacle 5k that is zombie themed. So at various points in the race there are hoards of zombies who try to steal your life (represented by flags on a belt--think flag football). The goal is to make it through the race with at least one flag or you're "infected." Silly, but a lot of fun. :tongue:

@nicole--HI!!! :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the newlings! :flowerforyou:

I also wanted to add--Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!!--to all of the other teachers on this thread. :heart:

Tuesday Goal:
    To just keep this grading momentum going. I got through the last set of AP in-class essays yesterday. Now I just have the Junior Research papers (52) and the AP Lit Theory papers (70). Taking a few days off of essay grading to finish up the smaller assignments--70 essays in 4 days totally burnt me out! But will probably start on the AP Lit papers this weekend.

Wed Wish:
    That this beautiful weather is here to stay! It was so nice to have sunny skies and 80 degrees today.

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles
    5/1= 3.5 miles
    5/2= 0 miles
    5/3= 5 miles
    5/4= 1.5 miles
    5/5= 1.5 miles
    5/6= 1.5 miles
    5/7 = 3.5 miles

Grading Goals:
    1. x/16 AP analysis activities
    2. 13/52 Hemingway short story annotations/questions
    3. 70/70 AP essays DONE!!!! :bigsmile:

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    To report my mileage. I couldn't find my Fitbit yesterday (it had gotten knocked off my nightstand and rolled under the bed -- couldn't dig too much for it as my husband was sleeping during the day), so I'm going to go with 1 miles. Lots of sitting activities yesterday after work, so I'm going to go with just what I did during my working hours.

5/1 1.32
    5/2 2.35
    5/3 3.64
    5/4 0.92
    5/5 2.21
    5/6 1.51
    5/7 1.00

@Robin B...I love that view! And it looks like Chelsea was enjoying herself. Although I can't imagine the water is very warm yet :smile: And don't worry about not making the 5K on the treadmill...you'll do great at the actual Color Run. Just getting back to the gym is the first step. You can do this! :flowerforyou:

@Jenn...hopefully you heal fast and you are enjoying your time with your Mom.

@Tammy...that stage of life is so hard I think (luckily it's still a ways off for me). I'm one of 4 girls and when we would bring home a boy (I lived 6 hours away when I was dating my husband), it was a rule that one of us slept upstairs and one slept downstairs. That rule even applied to my two sisters who (at the time) were living with their boyfriends. Dad and Mom also never stayed with a child that was "living in sin" either. :laugh: My brother lived with his fiance for a year before the wedding and they would always stay with Dad's sister in Mpls when visiting. The moment they got married, it changed.

@Tanya...I've had that "I'm going to puke" feeling at two different workouts. Luckily never did. Sounds like that was a tough one with your trainer!

@Laurie...I'm so jealous of your field trips. When I was growing up, we would get to go to the Sweetheart bread, the newspaper and the zoo. Every so often we got to see the capital as well. Although the smell of freshly baked bread still gives me a happy memory.

@hansea...dishonesty is a tough one. Legally, you need to "catch them" to fire them, but it eventually catches up with them.

@Naomi...sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day. My husband is actually off that day so we will get to spend it together. He's offered to make breakfast for my Mom (and me :tongue: ) after church. And the miracle of all miracles...he's going to join us for church!! It helps that Emma is going to be singing, but I'll take it. And I'm sorry, I have never seen a Zombie run either, but from what I understand it is a 5K that for part of the course there are people dressed up as Zombies chasing you.

@kris...glad you are starting to feel better.

AFM: I've just been really busy this week, but I couldn't tell you with what. Lots of little things that end up taking up your whole day. Still searching for a house. Track for Jacob. Appointments. etc. Just trying to keep up with all the end of school activities -- three track meets this week alone! That's the downfall of being in the North. Spring weather is so unpredictable so we do a lot of make ups at the end.

We are going to take a second look at a house today -- I liked it but now it has to pass the "Michael inspection." I sometimes get caught up in the look and he's good about checking out the mechanics...water in teh basement, chimney venting correctly, foundation cracks etc.

Found out that a good friend of my Dad's passed away...he was only 60 years old! His son is actually the guy that bought our farm after my dad passed away. Just reading the obituary makes me cry -- okay, if I'm honest, I'm crying just by typing this. I just know how hard it is to lose someone so early and unexpectantly (he was having a stint put in and they knicked an artery -- never woke up). He had a daughter pass away two years ago, so they are holding each other now and I know my dad met with him with a solid handshake and a pat on the back, so I know he's in a better place. But I know the pain of those left behind. The funeral is on Saturday so I'll take my Mom down for that -- it's about an hour away.

So I don't end on a sad note, I have my workout tonight. i hope the rain holds off so I can do it outside like we did on Monday. If not, still doable inside, but it's not the same. Have a great Thursday everyone!!

BTW....you are all rocking this walking challenge!!!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    just a quick update. will try to catch up in a bit on personals.

(These are only counting exercise miles, not everyday walking miles)
    Here are my miles so far:

walking/running:
    5/4:2.5
    5/5:1.15
    5/6:2.4
    5/7: 2.32 (running on crushed limestone sand stuff...ermagerd)

biking:
    5/5:10.5
    5/6:11

Total:
    On foot: 8.37
    On bike: 21.5
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to update my goals....and to confess a Thursday Truth. Twice this week I closed out my diary for the day, under goal and then ended up snacking and going over! I just need to go to bed instead of staying up and eating junk!

Today is a new day! Got my run done, now off to shower and then to school to set up the taco bar!

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles
    5/1: 2.83 miles completed!
    5/2: Rest Day
    5/3: 4.52 miles completed!
    5/4: 2.64 miles completed!
    5/5: 1.5 miles completed!
    5/6: 4.39 miles completed!
    5/7: 2.5 miles completed!
    5/8: 3.47 miles completed!

Under calories: 3/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 5/31
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all you mileage experts!:drinker:

507_zpsb8556fd9.jpg

I am on pace to make 85 miles! I need 2.75 a day to get it.

“I hated every minute of the training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” ~Muhammad Ali

Tom
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: I went to the gym twice this week. It's been a long time since I've been to gym and it it was hard. The first time, I had to stop as I felt sick. Going up north tomorrow. We drove up on Tuesday and there was still a little bit of snow laying around. I hope it's gone as we're spending next week there. I plan on keeping up with the exercise while there.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Updating my mileage:

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2.00 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.5 miles (class plus 1.5 mile walk)

Total Miles - 26.5 (Marathon!!)
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Still buried under this software conversion & will be without a PC at work tomorrow/Monday – hope I can catch up some at home this weekend.

Wanted to update Laurie on my mileage:

5/6—3.74mi
    5/7—3.15mi
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    The walking drama continues at work. They can also 'challenge' each other via the web page they use to track. They are torturing one another. One co worker is having friends over to watch the Football draft and someone challenged him to NO beer for a week. In return he challenged back no donuts for the entire 6 weeks (that guy is a serious donut FIEND and can sniff out a donut from miles away). Another one asked if I'd take his pedometer on my cross campus trek yesterday (I said no). They did agree that they would take MY steps each week and divide them by 5 and log them as their own. They are determined that our team will win this challenge.

Hansea - I cannot abide dishonesty.

Jenn - Enjoy your time with your moms!

JT- What a sense of accomplishment to get all the gardening done!

Welcome Heather!

TLH - I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope the house works out the way you want it!!

AFM: Nothing new since yesterday. Ate a few extra brownies at bible study last night and did NOT log any of them.... then grabbed fast food on the way home. I was just too tired to cook. Today I'm feeling bloated, gassy, and tired after that meal and only 3 hours of sleep. I slept really great for 3 hours and then woke up at 4 am for some reason...... yakked with my mom for an hour before I got up and went to work early..really early.