Giving your body no choice but to burn fat daily

Options

Replies

• PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Well of course a hot tub company will tell you that. They want to sell you a hot tub! Scientific evidence please. PubMed Article?

I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. Wonder how many calories that burns?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This is what I have done to turn myself into a fat burning machine!

1. Nutrition.

Thank you for sharing what is working for you. I, myself, appreciate anyone who is willing to share their insight into what has helped them get healthier. Good luck on the rest of your journey. God bless.

This is exactly what we didn't want to see happen.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure this is the best thread im going to read all day.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    24l0ys4.gif
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The saddest part of this thread is that half of us who posted will most likely get some type of warning/strike for breaking some sort of community guideline.

Got my second strike for calling someone lazy a few days ago -_- (they posted yet another thread on starvation mode)

I Got my second strike for Tell a person who had either deactoed or had been banned 3 times in a week that if they wanted better success and helpful encouragement then they should get some friends on MFP and post in her blog or to them and not use the Forums as her own personal diary. That was my strike 2... Hopefully I don't get my final strike for pointing out the disrespectful and derogatory use of the word "Retard"

*Fingers crossed*

I'm actually often pretty aggressively mean on these forums and I've never gotten a strike.

Which just kinda surprises me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    i build muscle and iam defenately at a deficit :0 by 400-700 and loosing pounds idk much about (surplus) an amount of something left over when requirements have been met; an excess of production or supply over demand. more than what is needed or used; excess. <
    Are you a returning athlete after a long layoff, a total newbie to weight lifting or an obese person doing strength training? If not, then you're more than likely not building muscle. Again, building muscle means adding tissue. That means more energy is needed than usual to accomplish this. Which is why a surplus is needed. Science trumps anecdotes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Maybe she meant "strengthening" muscle?
    Strengthening is legit due to neuromuscular adaptation. So if it's strengthening she's referring to, then yes it's possible and very likely.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I think in order to preserve my faith in humanity I am going to choose to believe that the OP was actually a troll who was having yuks and specifically designed a post so moronic as to intentionally attract as much attention as possible in short time on the forums. The indignant and arrogant attitude on top of that was just icing on the troll-cake.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    24l0ys4.gif
    Oh Phil Hartman. You are sorely missed.

:flowerforyou:
  • thoeting
    thoeting Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    8 grams of protein, hot tub cardio and calling everyone the r-word. Awesome post. :huh:

I was thinking it would just be another boring Tuesday....and then this entire gem of a post appeared.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    lmao @ starvation mode, congrats you broke the first law of thermodynamics brb nobel prize

****ing retard

Umm, yeah, you're not much better than the OP with all that.

Agreed. Please stop using that word as an insult, please. and thank you.
  • bluffnmuffn318
    bluffnmuffn318 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php

Oh . here are the studies but I don't think you read them.

Example:

RECENT FINDINGS:
    Many epidemiological studies have found a significant positive relationship between protein intake and bone mass or density. Similarly, isotopic studies in humans have also demonstrated greater calcium retention and absorption by individuals consuming high-protein diets, particularly when the calcium content of the diet was limiting. High-protein intake may positively impact bone health by several mechanisms, including calcium absorption, stimulation of the secretion of insulin-like growth factor-1, and enhancement of lean body mass. The concept that an increase in dietary protein induces a large enough shift in systemic pH to increase osteoclastic bone resorption seems untenable.

SUMMARY:
    Recent epidemiological, isotopic and meta-analysis studies suggest that dietary protein works synergistically with calcium to improve calcium retention and bone metabolism. The recommendation to intentionally restrict dietary protein to improve bone health is unwarranted, and potentially even dangerous to those individuals who consume inadequate protein.

So....tl;dr - YOU IS WRONG!

ETA: Damn. Aaron beat me to it with the same study too.

Pshh, I beat you all to it! :tongue:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    This is what I have done to turn myself into a fat burning machine!

1. Nutrition.

FIFY
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I think in order to preserve my faith in humanity I am going to choose to believe that the OP was actually a troll who was having yuks and specifically designed a post so moronic as to intentionally attract as much attention as possible in short time on the forums. The indignant and arrogant attitude on top of that was just icing on the troll-cake.
    she definitely succeeded if thats the case
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

If that's true, then she's a genius. I, unfortunately, believe she was being sincere.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i build muscle and iam defenately at a deficit :0 by 400-700 and loosing pounds idk much about (surplus) an amount of something left over when requirements have been met; an excess of production or supply over demand. more than what is needed or used; excess. <
    Are you a returning athlete after a long layoff, a total newbie to weight lifting or an obese person doing strength training? If not, then you're more than likely not building muscle. Again, building muscle means adding tissue. That means more energy is needed than usual to accomplish this. Which is why a surplus is needed. Science trumps anecdotes.

IDEA Fitness member

Maybe she meant "strengthening" muscle?
    Strengthening is legit due to neuromuscular adaptation. So if it's strengthening she's referring to, then yes it's possible and very likely.

IDEA Fitness member
    So if it's strengthening she's referring to, then yes it's possible and very likely. < yea that
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Facts, the enemy of "ignorance is bliss" and "wishful thinking" people everywhere.

I find the posters on these boards to be super helpful and well organized in their responses. If you make a claim be prepared to back it up, I've been proven wrong a couple times myself on a few dieting misconceptions I honestly believed and am all the better for it.

If you are going to come here advice to the advice boards then prepared to get some good advice. If we all knew everything there was to dieting and nutrition there would be no unhealthy people and we wouldn't be here.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l7tm1mblEq1qa4v5yo1_500.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php

Oh . here are the studies but I don't think you read them.

Example:

RECENT FINDINGS:
    Many epidemiological studies have found a significant positive relationship between protein intake and bone mass or density. Similarly, isotopic studies in humans have also demonstrated greater calcium retention and absorption by individuals consuming high-protein diets, particularly when the calcium content of the diet was limiting. High-protein intake may positively impact bone health by several mechanisms, including calcium absorption, stimulation of the secretion of insulin-like growth factor-1, and enhancement of lean body mass. The concept that an increase in dietary protein induces a large enough shift in systemic pH to increase osteoclastic bone resorption seems untenable.

SUMMARY:
    Recent epidemiological, isotopic and meta-analysis studies suggest that dietary protein works synergistically with calcium to improve calcium retention and bone metabolism. The recommendation to intentionally restrict dietary protein to improve bone health is unwarranted, and potentially even dangerous to those individuals who consume inadequate protein.

So....tl;dr - YOU IS WRONG!

ETA: Damn. Aaron beat me to it with the same study too.

Pshh, I beat you all to it! :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Long story short--- With my intent to be helpful and the results was being trashed and abused, I have really lost all concern for this thread. I have heard nothing but insults instead if actual criticism. I will not make the mistake of trying to be helpful on this forum again. Thank you for this awful lesson that couldn't of been performed in a more childish way. You guys are absolutely amazing and I'm sure with the lives you lead you perform this act daily. Enjoy this amongst yourselves at the cost of someone else's well being. And thank you for being a part of the worlds problem. :)

Hey, if we could have forced the thread to be deleted just to get your OP gone, we probably would have. When lacking mature fixes...
This discussion has been closed.