Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Let me see if I can remember all the workouts I did this weekend. Saturday was S90D Shoulders & Arms with KCM's 30MTF Weights Biceps, Triceps & Shoulders. Good combo on that one. Sunday S90D Cardio Challenge with JM's Body Revolution Cardio 1. Today was S90D Legs with Total Body Stretching Basic Stretching.

Had a really nice Mothers Day. The girls gave me flowers and a bottle of wine. Kind of freaks me out that I have a child that is old enough to buy me alcohol. :wink: We went out to lunch and then to the book store. So it was a really nice day.

Thelma, Every once in a while we have to splurge on something like the rolls. :wink: I would avoid abs if I could also, so that is something that I have to force myself to do or have them included in the workout. One of the things that I like about the premixes in XTrain. I agree with Tami that the S90D workouts are not like P90X. It has four upper body workouts, one leg workout, Total Body, Tabata, Ultimate Ball (Core & glutes), a shorter core workout and the Cardio Challenge. This one is one min. exercise followed by one min. rest. Some of the exercises use weights at a fast pace. The only thing I don't like is the pace in the Chest & Back workout. I am always behind in that one, and I finally figured out that they are doing 8 reps and I'm going for 12. Tom Holland is the instructor and he really doesn't workout. He does show you how to do the exercises, but that is it. The weight workouts are usually 8-12 reps. I am always sweating up a storm during all the workouts, and going for as heavy as I can. The also have the same warm up and cool down, so you could possible get sick of doing the same thing everyday. Good workouts for the price though.

Laurel, Great job on getting the house packed up. Dang on the weather though, it seems strange to hear you say you are having snow. We are finally having some warm weather. Feels so wonderful to wear shorts again. Sorry to hear that the house might not be available. Hope it all works out in the end. I will have to do a look see at the X10 workout. Seems to have a lot of different options.

Tami, WTG on the workouts! Interesting to know what the Bootcamp FAST class is like. I love that Circuit Burn workout too. I had a great time with the Tabata workout also, it had been quite a while since I had done it. My legs and butt where talking to me the next day. Felt great.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, nice weekend workouts for me too. My new Bob Harper: Ultimate Cardio Body DVD arrived on Saturday and needless to say I did it! OMG!!! That was a killer workout. My behind was killing me but I did it all except for any burpee moves or overhead raises with weights. I did do some weights but kept it very light. I thought I was going to be able to walk the next day but thanks to my foam roller massages post workouts and the fact that I'm used to working out now that I was fine walking the next day. I was a little stiff but no big deal.
    Sunday I did spinning and today I did the Turbo Barre workout again. It felt easier this time. I can totally see my legs shaping up now. Not just because of the Barre workout but now things are showing up. I didn't think I'd be able to tone these thunder thighs ever! The arm muscle I had gained is now gone. It wasn't much but now my triceps are a sad case! :sad:

We've had temps in the upper 70s and today 80's. I have PT tomorrow so it will be a quick workout tomorrow night. Probably an X10 premix.

Laurel, you are an AMAZING woman! I can't believe you loaded that truck for so long! I read about the weather in your area yesterday and all I could think of was you packing that truck. I'm so glad you did it on Saturday. All that lifting you've been doing sure paid off with the moving of the heavy things and loading the truck. WOW! :flowerforyou:

I can't believe your house may not be ready by the time you get there! What are you going to do with your things? I imagine you will keep the truck and keep the stuff in there. Can you wait to drive down until the house is ready?
    Great workouts too Laurel! I hope you enjoyed your hair appointment and I really, really hope you went shopping for that early birthday gift!!
    I am happy too that my shoulder is doing better. I can't wait to start doing real weights again! That Turbo Barre workout is really wonderful. I bought a Cathe DVD called Ab hits or something like that which I haven't used yet but it looks good.
    Laurel, my 5 disk changer is installed! That thing is awesome! A little noisy and the picture quality is not the same. Like all of a sudden people look really, really skinny! LOL
    I was so proud of myself on Friday night when we went out to dinner. We rarely order pizza because DH is always so good about what he eats. We stick with their Caesar Salad with grilled chicken. I had mine minus the Ceasar! LOL

Tami, great workouts this weekend! :flowerforyou: I saw how many calories you burned on Friday's spinning class and I knew you'd loved it! LOL I'm glad the kids are still going so well when they use their harnesses!
    I can't wait to read about your new BC FAST Class!
    I thought that was a new picture on your profile! So cute. I forget what is wrong with Emma? I know the pain is the reason why the vet recommended the harness. Does she have arthritis?

Thank you on the date night kudos. I am really proud for having splurged on the rolls without going over my caloric allowance! I am still cracking up about the fact that I took my fake butter to the restaurant! LOL
    I am bad about the ab workouts. It's so hard now too with the shoulder exercises that take so long to do but I have to get better about what I'm doing. I do love that STS leg workout. I love the band workouts too.
    I'm sorry to hear Katy may not be the instructor on Friday nights! I'm sure if you guys ask for her they'll have let her do the class!
    Thanks for the S90D description Tami! I am going to have to get that set. I can't do the upper body stuff but I can definitely do everything else! How did they do it for $20? Goes to show you how much money Beach Body makes with the prices they charge. I'm glad you don't feel that this program is a copycat of P90X!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Happy Mother's Day for those moms, step-moms, moms of 4 legged creatures, etc. This weekend was great! On Saturday I was in some serious pain after MD's Strength Remix,:sad: and I knew I had pretty much gone backwards in terms of recovery. However on Saturday the military bases provided a pre-screening of Godzilla so we took the girls and they loved it, me not so much!:blushing: Later that evening we were invited to dinner with our wonderful Canadian friends who we absolutely enjoy as a family and the kids get along great not to mention our eldest and their eldest seem to have this thing. :blushing: It was a great night with good food, good wine and great laughter. On Sunday we went to lunch and I enjoyed my day my way, reading on the couch or sitting on the front porch watching the youngest play. Yesterday I did a Barre routine and today hubby is hitting the road today so I slept in while he packed and got the girls ready for school. I was offered a June project by another company so I will be finalizing paperwork this week and getting prepped for their system.

Thelma- Bummer about the arm muscles but can you do wall push-ups or dips? Incorporating a few sets of those daily will help plus muscle memory will allow those arms to shape up quickly when you are 100%. Sweet on the legs, Barre does wonderful things for those quads:wink:

Laurie- Happy Mother's Day. Too funny on her being able to buy alcohol.:laugh: I forgot that I too have JM Body Rev although I would probably only use Phase 2 &3. With our Summer schedule I need some more 30 minute workouts! I see that KCM has two new dvds out this month too.

Laurel- Skipping the islands for now sounds like a great idea especially going into the strorm season but the ability to access the beach makes for a great way of living. Snow:noway: ...I'm dealing with high 80's here and flip flops, hopefully Florida is sounding better everyday for both of you.:bigsmile: Fingers crossed on the house. xxxxxx:laugh:

Tami- Glad to hear the fundraiser was a success. :flowerforyou: How was the Bootcamp class, not that you have anything to worry about:wink::laugh:

Ok off to spend a few more minutes with hubby.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Quick check-in today as I try to finalize things around the house before pushing out in about 24 hours! :drinker: I am more than ready to get this show on the road. I am pushing through with my workouts though. Today was STS Disk 6/Legs, followed by STS No Equipment Abs. Cardio was Insanity's Pure Cardio. :heart: It felt perfect for today, especially given my time constraints. All I have left in my workout room are my weights, my stability ball, a portable DVD player and two workouts for tomorrow. Looks kind of sad......but so does the rest of the house!

Regarding the house in Florida, they are going to be painting Friday and Saturday, which may delay our move in a bit. Any other work that needs to be done will 'be scheduled at our convenience'. So we are pressing on because they know our situation (that we have to return our truck next Sunday so have to do some moving in on Saturday). At least we know......unlike other places we've moved in to who let us know after we got there that they still needed to paint, etc. :grumble: So that is a positive. But just a little one. :ohwell:

Tami, sounds like a great weekend of workouts!! So happy to hear that Katy may become a regular on Friday night. I am interested to hear about the new BC 'Fast' class. Sounds like fun!! Hope your pup is okay and she was just stiff from the walk. She looks so precious.

Laurie, sounds like a nice Mother's Day! But I can only imagine it is difficult to adjust to having a child able to buy you alcohol. :noway: Where does time go? I can't wait to be able to wear shorts in a few days. Even today our highs are in the 40s (and we had a bizarre burst of snow this morning). And a third night tonight with a freeze warning. Very unusual this time of year. The good news is we will be a day behind this storm crossing the country. If we left today, looks like we would have had very difficult travel. Hoping we make it without tornados and floods!

Thelma, sounds like you enjoyed Bob's workout. I just love his personality. He makes me smile.....even when he is trying to hurt me. :tongue: Great work on your legs! My legs are a trouble zone as well. No matter how thin/fit I have been, they never seem 'defined'. Very frustrating. Hope you enjoy the DVD changer! That's funny about how everybody looks skinny though. :laugh: I would imagine it is just a setting though.

Michelle, sounds like you had a great Mother's Day as well! I am curious why you didn't care much for Godzilla. I don't know what to make of it from the commercials. Sorry to hear about the physical set-back though. Hopefully a few days of rest will set it moving forward again. Regarding living on the islands, my husband is convinced we are going to get hit by a hurricane this year so his philosophy is rent for a year, ride out any hurricane.....and then move to the islands! :laugh: We'll see about that.

I probably won't get a chance to check-in tomorrow before we go, so I think it will be at least a week before in check in again.....from Florida! Stay safe and stay strong!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well the “FAST” Class was pretty good :smile: I will keep going to it! The time went by really fast. It was basically a Strength Training w/ small bursts of cardio in between. The time went by fast and it was a nice variety of moves forsure. We worked every body part and again, in between we would do some sort of cardio. One thing “new” to me was doing mtn climbers or jacks with my hands on the widest part of the barbell which was laying on the step bench. I liked the instructor and I think she will do the class most every week from the sounds of it. I had my barbell set pretty heavy to start because I didn’t know what we would be doing :huh: Each week I will have a better idea I’m sure. Tonight will be Insane-X … I have a feeling she will want to go outside since it is so nice out.

Laurie: You did get a lot of good workouts in and a ton of variety! :bigsmile: :drinker: Way to go. Sounds like your Mother’s Day was very nice! That would be a little surreal receiving a bottle of wine from your daughter. She’s all grown up. As I mentioned above, the “FAST” class was good …. I think it’s called FAST because you are doing high reps and then moving right into a cardio move. She doesn’t give you really much time in between unless we are adjusting our barbells quickly.

Thelma: I’m so glad you enjoyed your Bob Harper workout! :wink: He is tough, but a great way of pushing you I think. It does feel almost like he is right there with you. Thank goodness you were able to foam roll anything out that may have prevented you from walking the next day! :laugh: :noway: Yowsa!! So glad you are seeing results ~ isn’t that the best reward!?!? So awesome. Don’t worry about the arm muscles, they will come back in no time when you are up and running again. We are having great weather this week too. :bigsmile: Friday is supposed to be close to 80 degrees. I can’t believe it, but I’ll take it when its here. Emma’s main pain comes from her neck the vet said, like a compressed disc. But the slow-mo action she was having Sunday was simply stiffness and a hard time getting up and down. Breaks my :heart: :cry: I am happy to report last night was her usual self. Maybe she just overdid it in the yard being out there with DH and Bernie + the walk. She’s just going to have days like that I know. :ohwell: Yes, I am going to put in a note at the gym and so are a few of her “usuals” that love her as much as I do. Here’s hoping it helps! I have not idea how they put that together for only $20. Laurie mentioned some things that I forgot on that one upper body workout. He does go super fast in his instruction and I often would pause it and do the correct amount of reps. I have all the workout sheets too that is really helpful if you end up getting it I’ll send them your way. I think my only complaint is what Laurie also mentioned …. The same warm-up every day, but I think that is a tiny complaint compared to the advantages of the whole program and the price!

Michelle: Thanks for the “4-Legged Moms Day” wish :wink: Happy to hear your weekend was great, it sounds absolutely perfect with good friends, good wine and time with your hubby and children + some workouts! How could that not be the best weekend. :flowerforyou: Congrats on being offered a new contract! Bootcamp was pretty good …. I would definitely say they will be changing the name of it in their list of classes. Definitely not BC like or Running Camp in any way! WooHoo for that.

Laurel: Another outstanding combo of workouts.:smile: I picture you in your empty workout area with boxes to the ceiling! :laugh: :noway: You are a Rock STAR! Thanks for the well wishes about Emma. Luckily she seemed great last night and I understand she will just have some days she feels stiff. DH said, "you don’t get teary eyed when I’m limping around here". Of course trying to make me laugh and not be so concerned about her. It was funny actually. Safe travels friend! :flowerforyou: I’ll be thinking about your long and relaxing drive along with some great workouts in the hotel rooms. Be safe ….. talk to you soon!

Have a great afternoon/evening ladies ~ Talk to you tomorrow! :flowerforyou: Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Just a short one before I have to go to the last Tuesday dance class. I just finished up S90D Chest & Back, and then followed that up with KCM's 30MTF Total Body Kickboxing Premix 3. This one has the first have of workout 1 and the 2nd have of workout 2. The workout didn't like the breaks, it went from the warm up to the menu. Then at the end instead of going to the stretch, it went to the govn't warning. :huh:

Thelma, Glad you enjoyed working out with Bob Harper. I still have to try that one when I have the time. So many workouts, and so little time.

Michelle, Sorry to hear that you suffered after that workout, hope everything is alright. Happy Mothers Day to you also, it sounds like you had a good time. LOL on your daughter and your friends child. I remember it well. I actually enjoy the cardio from phase 1 of BR, it is something nice to follow weight work with. Not to hard, but not way to easy.

Laurel, WTG on the workouts, and have a safe trip. I'm sure that you will be happy when you are in the warmth of FL.

Tami, Sounds like a great FAST workout. Our dog uses a harness also, but they had us do that at the shelter when we bought her. I actually think I can control her more with the harness, because she is such a strong dog. Kami has arthritis in both her front elbows, so also needs to take meds for that. But she is doing really well.

Have to get my dinner eaten,

Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Happy belated Mother's Day to the moms two and four legged kind kids! I had PT tonight and it went well. I thought long and hard about not working out but the old Thelma couldn't convince the new Thelma to break her workout streak. So after dinner I jumped on the spinning bike for about 50 minutes. On Thursday when I go to PT I'll have to wear my HRM to see how many calories I burn while I do my exercises. I was there today from 3:50PM until 5:45PM! I still can't do anything that's weight bearing on the shoulder. I specifically feel the injury if I do a plank on my elbows sort of move. This is the position I assume when to the foam roller for my legs. At least I'm doing the exercises with weights using 2 lb dumbbells. This is almost like that Squeeze workout where you use small weights and do a lot of reps.I'm doing 5-6 exercises with the 2 lb weights and I have to do 3 sets of 15 for each move. Then I have 3 where I use the tubing type resistance band and I have 2 where I use an elastic band. So I am getting a little upper body workout. I'm going to train with the personal trainer tomorrow.

Hi Michelle, good to hear from you. Sorry you hurt your knee again! Sounds like you had a terrific Mother's Day weekend! Congrats on the new contract!! :drinker:
    I can't do anything pushup like at all yet.Today when I got up the massage table I put my weight on my left hand which right away triggered the throbbing in the rotaror cuff. At least I'm doing a little arm workout 3 times a week when I do all the PT exercises.
    I am really loving Cathe's Barre workout. I like the convenience of just being able to do the leg routine. I'll have to check out my other Barre DVD's to see if they have premixes like Cathe does. I have two Physique 57 workouts but can't remember if they do what Cathe does with he different chapters and premixes.

Laurel, awesome workout combo today and congrats on being done with all that packing! Good luck during your journey to FL. We are going to miss you! Good luck with the move and I hope you can get into your new house soon! Safe travels!!!
    It must be so weird to see your workout room all packed up and down to the bare bones! I love Bob Harper. I like watching the BL show and he is the best trainer. I cracked up at the end of that DVD when he makes fun of his own knee high black socks because I was pretty horrified to see him sporting such tacky look! I know what you mean about him making you smile even when he is hurting you!
    I didn't think the skinny people I see with the new DVD player could be the result of a setting. I've asked DH to take a look at it.
    My thighs have always been a problem and it's been a long time since they've had definition. It is really encouraging and rewarding to see this type of result.

Tami, I'm glad you liked your FAST class! It really sounds like your gym should've fired that trainer who left a long time ago because the classes are so much better since she left! I'm sure you'll have a blast tonight with your Insane-X class!
    I'm so glad Bob Harper has really good workout and that they're not like the Biggest Loser ones! I really like Bob. I'm just thrilled to be able to see my legs changing. I actually want to wear shorter shorts that I've worn in the past few years. In fact I already bought two pairs of shorter shorts! I took a selfie so I could see if I could be seen outside wearing shorter shorts. I didn't want to horrify people you know! :laugh:
    We went back to raw temps today. It was cold! It will start warming up tomorrow and I heard that it will be muggy on Thursday. I HATE muggy days!
    I was wondering if little Emma could benefit from things like Adequan or Cosequin? These supplements are more for joint issues.
    http://www.adequancanine.us/about/en/works.shtml
    http://www.nutramaxlabs.com/dog/dog-joint-bone-health/cosequin-dog-product-selector

I'm so glad Emma went back to her normal self! Funny about your husband questioning why you don't get all teary eyed when he is limping around! LOL
    So I've checking the web for the S90D workout program and there is nothing out there that costs $20. I am not sure they even make this program anymore. Some of the programs sold go from $26 to about $68. I went to the S89D site and there isn't a link on it that takes you to a shopping site.

Laurie, awesome workouts! That is weird about that KCM premix! I would not like that at all.
    I can't wait to read what you think about the BH workout! I really liked it.

Have a good night!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Another “insane” class last night! :wink: Actually it wasn’t over the top, she went with a traditional style of 4-moves at 45 seconds each (3 rounds). We had a couple of brand new people in there too and she didn’t make us run any lines at all. We stayed in the gym but had the doors open for fresh air :bigsmile: Jump roping was in between all the rounds as a first or last exercise. This a.m. I went with Lean Legs & Abs and tonight will be Spinning.

Laurie: Great combo last night! :drinker: Sounds like the pre-mix was a little sketchy but as long as the workout was good, that’s awesome! Those harnesses have made all the difference in the world for our walks. :noway: :drinker: OMG! I researched them online WalkYourDogWithLove.com and they do exactly what they say. Bernie is super strong and pulls, Emma tries to just pull to keep up with Bernie; so between two of them pulling it is constant. Now, I am a relaxed dog walker. LOVE that. What meds do you give little Kami? I was just reading about those two that Thelma suggested and they sound perfect for her symptoms.

Thelma: Nice to hear that PT continues to go well for you week-by-week!:smile: I know your shoulder is getting better & better too, even if you don’t feel like it is sometimes. You’ll get there :flowerforyou: Great job hopping on the Spin bike if that’s what you wanted to do …. Way to kick old Thelma aside and go for a ride! :drinker: You have a different Bob Harper workout than I have but I completely remember when I saw the previews for those workouts and thought what is up with those socks?! :laugh: Typical Bob to comment on them. That's great. Congrats on the shorter shorts! I love that you took a selfie to see yourself, that’s funny. I bet you look fabulous! :wink: No worries girl, wear those shorts with pride! I agree on the gym instructor. If they are in the business of creating workouts and you get burned out and don’t feel like being there someone should have said something. I think it was one of those things that she had been there so long nobody said anything and nobody was complaining to the gym :ohwell: Thank you SO much for the ideas on those two different medicines for my sweet girl. How did you know about those? I looked them up and they sound like what she needs. I wonder if she needs both or just one? Darn it on the S90 program not being found :grumble: Maybe they don't make them anymore. I just looked on WalMart’s website and its out of inventory, but shows that price. I think Amazon has it but not for $19.95. Maybe look on ebay?

Have a great evening ladies! :flowerforyou: Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I trained with Sarah tonight and it was great. I burned 510 calories between the elliptical and Sarah's training. Then I kept the HRM going while I did my daily shoulder exercises which are simply moves with a stick. I burned another 90 calories. So tomorrow during PT when I do my 18-20 exercised I'm going to have that HRM going because I'll use weights then I want to know how many calories these PT workouts burn. I've not been tracking calories burned during PT and I should!
    My right shoulder blade and my entire right side was not right today. I was so tight it was hurting me and I was uncomfortable all day long. I finally found a soft tennis ball at the gym at work to try to knead the tightness out but the ball was so soft that I had to lean against the wall really hard while I had my feet against an elliptical machine to help me push against the wall. I had no idea tennis balls were full of air! I couldn't understand why the ball was so soft until I came home tonight with a can of tennis balls and realized it was an air tight can. Then of course Mr. sports DH explained the tennis balls to me. LOL!
    I probably will do the spinning bike tomorrow again since I'll eat dinner before my workout.

Tami, you're totally on FI-YA with those killer workouts!
    I am really happy to have found this PT place. I know I've gotten better and I have to continue to be patient. Today I when I was on the elliptical I used the arms a lot more than I have in a while and I was fine.
    Those socks on Bob are a little bit of a distraction. I had to take a selfie just to see what I look like now because I can't trust anyone to tell me how I look. A while back I had a co-worker take my picture from behind so I could see how big my butt was! LOL
    I do look a lot smaller than I used to be and yes, I intend to wear those shorts with pride. :bigsmile:
    It's incredible how people don't complain about things they don't like to the right people. I bet all of you talked about the trainer's style but no one went to the management team. This happened at my job too. People put up with a couple of people who were not good team players and they always ended up fighting in meetings and they just lived it with this behavior for years. That ended when I was forced to join that team! LOL

Amazon has the S90D program but one was about $60 and there may have been one that was $26 I think. I'll have to keep looking.
    Tami, I learned about Cosequin and Adequan through my yahoo cat groups. I had a kitty with arthritis and we gave her Cosequin. I don't know that it did anything for her but I have friends who say their stiff cats became like kittens running around once they were on Cosequin. I have a friend who injects her cat with Adequan. I honestly am surprised your vet didn't offer you either of these choices. I would think Emma needs just one. I believe the Adequan is a more powerful supplement.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was great last night! :smile: I know I sound like a broken record when I talk about Katy’s classes but just “reporting in” ~ We did a lot of hills and sprints on hills. She will be there forsure Friday night too :drinker: This a.m. was XT Bis/Tris then went to Insane Abs …. Katy wasn’t there & can’t be there tonight. I have to remember she has a regular full time job and sometimes cannot be at all our classes. We had the lady who taught FAST on Monday. So she was good but it was a straight forward “abs” workout. Not an “Insanity Abs” workout. Good moves & good music though.

Thelma: Awesome that you had a good workout with Sarah! :bigsmile: Great calorie burn :drinker: You’re right, keep track of all of those calories! That’s pretty funny about the tennis ball. I bet it felt good on your tender area. Good idea. OK, now I am really giggling about you having a co-worker take a photo of your behind ….. HILARIOUS! :laugh: :laugh: What a good friend.
    It is an amazing thing about people isn’t it …. We will complain to one another but not the person who might be able to change the problem. I know at our office though if you complain to the person you think can make a difference nothing happens, so we all gave up years ago. Nice people, just not good managers. Hence, one of the people has been here getting away with any and everything for like 6 years!!! :frown: Yikes. So out of curiosity I did peak on ebay and saw Supreme 90 workouts there for like $15! That’s worth a look forsure.
    Thank you again for more info on those two supplements ….. I’m surprised too that my vet didn’t suggest it :huh: He gave me Rimadyl at first, which surprisingly wasn’t really helping. Then this other medicine that she is currently taking (Can’t remember the name) that seems to help with her neck and the limping. The “newest & best” issue (not really) is the stiffness. So I will go with Adequan and maybe call him and see what his thoughts are. Or just go for it and see how it goes. The reviews of people on Amazon were fantastic! Turned back the clock for their dogs. I will go with the pill format :wink:

Hope you have a great workout tonight! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, PT went well today and I got a new exercise. I'm up to 19 now I think. Today the therapist is Ian and he is awesome. I love it when he gives me a deep tissue massage because he really finds the tight spots and works the really good. Then he has a way of stretching my arms that give me a really good stretch. He is great but he's only there on Thursdays. I actually did bicep curls with 5 lb weights so that was great. I jumped on the spinning bike after dinner again tonight.

I have a pedicure tomorrow at 6PM. I'm getting out of work a little early to go food shopping, then come home to workout, take a quick shower, quick dinner and then out to the nail place.
    I lost 1.6 lbs for a grand total of 19.5 lbs. I am going to go for 5 more lbs after the 20 lbs.

Tami, we look forward to your Katy stories! You've done awesome all week with your workouts! I didn't realize Katy had a regulr job too! Too bad your ab class wasn't an insane Abs class though.

The tennis ball is a really great idea to help with tightness. I have the same problem at work with my boss not doing anything about people who do nothing all day. I am so stressed out with all the responsibilities I have and this woman shops online all day long or is texting! My boss doesn't want to hear it. This is a huge morale issue for me.
    I'm so glad you're going to try the Adequan for Emma Tami. I really hope it helps your little girl! My friend had an older cat and she said the cat felt great after she started giving her the Cosequin.

I know, I know! I'm a nutcase for having a co-worker take my picture from the back so I can see how big my butt is.:laugh: I need to see myself because all the mirrors make you look skinny.
    Thanks for looking into the S90D workouts on ebay!
    Good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Just a quick update. Have not been able to workout for the last couple of days, and I'm probably not going to workout tonight either. Wednesday was a visit to the in-laws for Mothers Day and birthday celebrations. Yesterday DH and I sat through the BITTER cold to watch youngest DD run track (I sure hope it gets a lot warmer for her next meet:mad: ), and today will be a dance night. They need to go over the dances one more time because our dd and another girl where not at rehearsal last night and the recital is tomorrow. I will be very very happy when this week is done. :wink: I'm counting this as my rest time.

Tami, We give Kami doggie Ibuprophen for when she is really hurting (and you can tell :frown: ), and she also get a treat that has a combo of Chondroitin and Glucosamine. I have noticed a difference in her by doing that. She is still extremely lazy, but at least she is more alert and happy.

Thelma, Congrats on the improvement in PT. I love that you are able to go up in weight. Contrats on the weight loss also! All wonderful accomplishments.

Have a great day, because I know that I probably will not be on tonight.

Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did Cathe's Party Rockin Step 2. It was great but if Laurel could read this post she'd laugh at me because my foot slipped and/or missed the step and I almost fell off the step 3-4 times! :laugh:
    I had the the MOST amazing pedicure tonight. There is a new place down the road from my house and I'd read on a review about a girl who works there and I requested her. They were not kidding and the girl is awesome. A pedicure includes, a nice exfoliating scrub from the knees down, followed by a body lotion application, they wrap you in a hot towel for a minute or two, followed by a hot stone massage and the last part is an amazing massage. My calves have been tight all week and my achilles tendon was starting to act up. She massaged my calves and my feet quite well. :love:

Laurie, you are one busy lady! You've been working out really hard lately so it won't be bad if you miss a couple of days. Thankfully today is Friday and you'll have time to exercise soon. I really hope it warms up by the time the next game comes along.
    Thanks for your comments on my weight loss and PT improvement.
    Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Saturday :flowerforyou: My favorite day of the week!! Sorry I missed you yesterday. Yesterday's workout was Spinning & As I mentioned Thurs, it was a Katy class :smile:

Thelma: Party Rockin Step sounds like it was a little hectic on the footwork! I'm glad you got through it though, great work! That pedicure sounds Amazing! :bigsmile: I had a pedicure like that once & it felt so great. Nice job treating yourself to that & it sounds like a convenient spot to visit more often! :wink: Sounds like your PT appt was another great one Thurs. & you are getting stronger which is fantastic news!
    Katy works at a local elderly care/rehab center so sometimes it requires different hours and she can't make it to teach all her classes. She's been picking up some early am Spin classes too, so whatever she can do time wise she does. :wink: Funny you say that about your co worker and being online all the time etc. while you scramble to get things done..... That's exactly what this lady does downstairs & leaves early or doesn't come into work at all, often. :grumble: while the other bookkeepers pick up the slack:huh: I'm so the opposite of that and it bugs me so much to watch; creates a lot of hard feelings down there. Happy I'm in my own little dept & I don't have to rely on her.

Laurie: Sounds like a busy week for you & with your DD's activities it makes for an even busier week! I bet you will be glad when school is out :wink: No worries on the workouts! You've been working out hard and I'm sure your body is enjoying a couple evening breaks :wink: Hope your weekend is a little freed up and you can enjoy a workout!

Talk to you ladies Monday! I'm meeting my girlfriend & her little baby for coffee, errands, workouts and hopefully some time with my BFF! DH is out of town this weekend...... Yes, you guessed it fishing. :laugh: :wink:

Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    My goodness, what happened to April (and most of May)! I have been so busy, I haven't had a chance to get on here!

I'm currently in the middle of a series of job interviews for an opportunity that fell into my lap. I should know by the end of the month if I get the job, but it's been crazy preparing for all the interviews!

We continue to foster and likely will end up adopting our latest foster (yes, that makes 4 total dog in our house then), if my husband has anything to say about it! Then, we'll officially be done fostering!

Workouts are good...lots of walking and some yoga here and there. Nothing too consistent, but I'm doing the best I can given our busy schedules with the boys, rescue, work, etc.

I hope you are all doing well. I'm sure you are! :) Keep up the good work. Someday, I'll get time to read through everything and get caught up!

Have an awesome night!

Erika
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    crashing in to say EVERY time I see this recurring thread I think "catheters, what!?"

That's all. Carry on.
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

I have been injured and laid up due to a mishap on Wednesday. My daughter had an appt with a Pulmonologist at the hospital in the city but when we got there the doctor was at his other office across town. We had 15 minutes to find the other hospital and get there in order to be seen. I made it to the parking lot by 2:02 and upon entering the building we started sprinting down the hallway when I heard the pop in my knees. They had to help carry me upstairs and downstairs after the appointment because my left leg could not handle the weight. Unfortunately with hubby out of town the kids were a huge help along with a broom stick.:blushing: On Friday I limped my way into the doctor's office and had Xrays, went to PT and grabbed some inflammatory medicine and a brace and headed home to elevate and ice down. I'm scheduled for an MRI and some PT in the coming weeks. Upon hubby's return we leave for Atlanta this weekend to hit the mountains and hike the Falls after a graduation, well obviously not me.:bigsmile: I'm not sure what my game plan is as of right now but I'm glad to limp around again and hope for some healing in the near future.

Have a great day ladies.:flowerforyou:
    Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Weekend was good! :smile: I spent time with two of my favorite friends ~ Coffee with my one friend and her darling little baby and then from there I went with my BFF for an early Birthday lunch for her and a movie. We saw The Other Woman – HILARIOUS! :laugh: :laugh: Took the kids for walks both days. Yesterday was back to work with a nice combo of XT: All Out Low Impact HIIT followed by Burn Sets Chest + Core. Felt Great! This month before starting the new rotation with Laurie & Laurel in June I decided to do the 30-Day XT rotation of Strength & Cardio; might mix in a few others as I go too. Today’s workout is the new FAST class after work. One of these days I will get back into my Monday a.m. workout … not sure why Monday has me so tired in the a.m. Could it be my lack of motivation to go to work?!?! Plus a bad habit I’ve developed on Monday a.m. to hit snooze. :yawn: :blushing:

Michelle: I am so sorry to hear about your injury! :frown: I’m glad you weren’t alone for that, but I’m sure your daughters were a little frightened seeing you in pain. Thank goodness they were there though. I hope you can get in for that MRI soon and find out what in the world is going on. Did they give you any advice on what to do until they know what’s happening? How has it been going since Wednesday? Take care of yourself lady ..... :flowerforyou:

Hi Thelma – Looked like you had a great workout combo with PT & Spinning! :bigsmile: Nice job. :drinker:

Hi Laurie

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

I'm so glad that the week is over with. I didn't workout at all for the last five days, but that is okay. Youngest dd's dance recital was great, and she did a great job. I just finished up S90D Ultimate Ball and Tony Horton's One on One Med Ball Core Cardio.

Tami, WTG on the workouts and getting in some friend time. :wink: Sounds like a nice rotation to do before the June rotation starts. I'm planning on continuing the S90D workouts. I love hitting the snooze button, and Monday's are the worst because I think we still have a hangover from the weekend. At least I did with all the activities we had going on. This week will be much better, no track meets at all.

Michelle, Oh dang, so sorry to hear about your injury. I'm hoping that you get some good news, and it isn't to bad. Glad to hear that the girls where so good in that situation.

Erika, I sure hope that things start to slow down for you a little. Good luck on the job interview.

Thelma, WTG on getting though that step workout. We have a lot of people like that where I work. I'm just glad that they are not in my department. I work with all guys, so I actually enjoy going to work. More so now that I have a great boss. My previous boss decided one day not to show up for work anymore, and he had 35 years with the company. Baffled everyone.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, great weekend workouts and since I did all my PT exercises yesterday and felt great I decided to push myself today and did Rockout Knockout without gloves and not punching hard. BIG MISTAKE! :brokenheart: Turns out though that it seems that my right side is my weak side when the big injury is on the left. My left shoulder blade is really tight and it is in spasm mode it seems. Every time I knead the tightness out I can feel it tightening up again. It's a good thing I have PT tomorrow! I'm so mad at myself. It felt so good to do the workout and for a change I got the combo sections right! LOL

I actually hyper extended my arches on Saturday when I did the STS leg workout on Saturday. Add to this tight calves and I was in a little pain. Pretty much felt like my Achilles tendons were acting up. Specially the right one. I've been massaging my feet since Sunday. I also did heat, ultra sound and ice. DH has this little ultrasound device. I've been wearing sneakers since yesterday to make sure my heels are staying safe. I was worried about my feet when I chose the Rockout Knockout workout today and didn't even think about my upper body! My feet actually felt better after the workout!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

Hi Erika! Good to see you here. This year is going by so fast! I can't believe that in less than a month DH and I will be in Ireland!
    You are such a busy lady and I give you credit for getting your workouts in! Good luck with the job interviews and I hope you get the job!!!

Michelle, OMG!!! I can't believe your knew injury. How scary! I'm glad you already have appointments for PT and the MRI. What did the X-rays show? I would've thought you'd be on crutches! What you're supposed to do in the mean time.

Tami, awesome workouts this weekend! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I would love to see that movie too! Can't wait to hear all about your FAST class. I think you feel tired because you don't want to go to work! I know the feeling! :tongue:
    I watched one clip of a S90D workout and I didn't like what I saw. The video quality seemed pretty bad and the instructor didn't capture my attention. I was wondering if your videos are bad quality videos too or is it that I played a crappy video?

Laurie, you survived last week!!! :drinker: Now you're getting back into your workouts in a really big way! Great workouts today! :flowerforyou:
    I think there are people like this woman in every job. The killer part for me is that this woman sits to my left and we have an open plan setup so I can see every little thing she does. It is very demoralizing. She gets in late, takes long lunches and has to leave at 4 to go pick up her baby. We're lucky if she's in the office 7 hours a day and she probably works 1-2 hours at the most.