Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was cardio day, and I pushed it. I did Cathe's Intensity, including the Bootcamp portion, and then added on the cardio from XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT. It was long but felt great. I did this combo a couple of weeks ago, and really like it. I also did my yoga today, doing Bob Harper's Yoga For The Warrior.:heart: It was perfect!

Michelle, Happy Anniversary!! I hope you and your DH can do something today to celebrate! I am glad you were feeling well enough to enjoy a good weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the feedback on Tapout XT. I am going to look into them a bit more because I probably could fit a couple in a week during this STS rotation. I originally looked at them when I was doing the P90X/X2 rotation, but I knew they would be too much for that. But they might not be for this rotation. As I have said before.....so many workouts, so little time. :ohwell: Sounds like you've been doing a great blend of workouts. Good job working that lower body!

Until tomorrow.....

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi ~ So I made a change of plans decision last night and I found out I made a very good choice :wink: …… the sunshine w/ blue sky came out for the last couple hours of work and I knew that meant “running camp” was back on. So I opted to go home for a nice ab workout and dog walk instead. :wink: I was going to do more inside but the “kids” were giving me the look & before it was dark I decided to take them. Today’s cardio day is just Insane-X class after work since I hit the snooze :yawn: this a.m. I must have needed a few extra zzzzz’s today.

Laurel: Your weekend sounds perfect! I bet it was so nice to just relax with your book and not be interrupted. Great job with STS, along with Tabatacise & Body Max 2 over the weekend. Yowsa on the Cardio Intensity today, NICE job! :noway: :wink: Followed it all up with Yoga Warrior I bet was perfect. I’m sure you were ready for a nice shower and meal after all of that. I did preview the clips last night of some of the new workouts she has posted! Yay. Really excited to get those. I did notice on the Party Rock Step that is “dancier” I will be probably not be doing that one too much. :huh: On the choreography bits. But I’m sure for those of you who handle those moves with no worries it will be great!

Michelle: I’m interested to keep hearing updates/reviews on those TapOut workouts as well! They sound pretty fun, which is great. I have a friend at work who said I could borrow hers (aka: her husband who doesn’t use them) if I want. :wink: Sounds like you had a nice weekend, and a special treat with the cupcake splurge! Great job with the workouts and a very Happy Anniversary today! :flowerforyou: I’m sure you two will do something fun to celebrate.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with STS Disk 5/Back and Triceps, which just flew by. I followed it with After Burn Bonus Burn premix and the core from Muscle Max. Let's just say my upper body is feeling nicely worked right now. Good stuff.

Tami, it sure sounds like your evening on Monday was a much better choice than 'Running Camp'! I know you probably aren't hoping for bad weather, but it seems that might be the only thing that will get that class back on track.....which is unfortunate! Glad you got some extra sleep if your body was needing it! I looked at some of the video clips as well, and really liked what I saw for the most part. Looks like some familiar moves, but also some new moves. The core section in Lean Legs and Abs (I think it was that one) intrigues me. But I must admit I was with you and Party Rockin' Step. :noway: That choreography looks crazy. And while I don't usually have much problem with choreography, the exception comes when there are a lot of turns. And there looked to be a lot of turns in that workout! I will give it a try, but.....we will see. :ohwell: I think I am going to do more strength-based workouts tomorrow and Friday, just for a change. Maybe Slow and Heavy Legs tomorrow and XT Burn Sets (all upper) on Friday. Knowing me, I will change my mind at the last minute......again. :blushing:

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi! Last night’s Insane-X was a great one.:bigsmile: She put together a great rotation of some familiar moves and new moves. All geared towards fast twitch/agility training! Tough stuff and fun. Today was STS #5 Back & Tri’s along with XT Core. Tonight will be Spinning after work . . . the usual Wed evening routine! :wink:

Laurel: Yes, MUCH better plan for myself on Monday. It’s really disappointing at this point :frown: and you’re exactly right, I don’t wish for the shorter/darker days with bad weather but that is the only way we will get back in and “on track” with true BootCamp I think. I’m really glad you said that about the Party Rockin Step too. That is where I absolutely get off the rails in choreography is when they turn away from me w/ several turns, etc. I noticed that core section in Lean Legs & Abs as well that looked really good! :smile: Excited for that one. I have Pyramid Lower for tomorrow planned w/ a bonus if I have time and Pyramid Upper for Friday.

Our weather has cooled down considerably ….. 20+ degrees and feels like Fall forsure. Hope we just continue to have some nice days here & there ….. especially for Sat, Sept 28th ~ no rain please. That is the Cycling event I signed up for.

Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was Cardio Kickboxing and the instructor opted for a circuit based class, then some balance work and we finished with Abs. We had approximately 10 stations and we did those for 1 minute each and repeated that drill for a nice upper body blast. She also included jumprope and the standing bag for leg kicks, so I definitely feel some muscles talking to me this morning. Afterwards it was Zumba then straight home for a shower and work until last night.:ohwell: Afterwards we had an "every man for himself" style meal and stayed up later than planned snuggling and laughing with the girls.:bigsmile: This morning it was Slim Series Firm It UP a lower body 60 minute routine that I may regret tomorrow. I also popped in Kickmax but my shoulder is definitely feeling uncomfortable so I decided a fun non-punching cardio routine was a better option.

Tami- Glad you enjoyed your dvd and walk versus running drills again.:bigsmile: Our mornings here are starting to feel like Fall and I absolutely love it especially in the mornings when I sit on the front and drink my coffee while waiting for the bus to pick the girls up in the morning.:bigsmile: If only the Lovebugs will migrate somewhere else now.:grumble: :laugh:

Laurel- Well I had plans for a weekend getaway at Chateau Elan Winery and Resort in Atlanta but I had to cancel those plans due to business trips and our eldest's multiple swim meets. The State meet is rapidly approaching and with that looming and my daughter's desire to earn her jacket "letter" she can not miss any meets this year. Oh well this school year will definitely be a crazy busy year with Scouts, Swimming, & Gymnastics.:ohwell: I definitely think you will enjoy a few of those Tapout dvds, I have not tried the PlyoXT yet but that should be interesting.:wink:

I'm off today and plan to clean my kitchen, cook a nice beef stew with rice and corn bread and enjoy my night. Hopefully I can download a good book and get some reading in also.:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did a real mish-mash of workouts. For lower body, I started with Slow and Heavy legs, and then moved right into XT legs (including the barre portion). I was really surprised how strong my legs felt today during this combo. I can't help but credit STS which always does wonders for my legs. I followed it with a cardio mix, starting with the cardio from XT Hard Strikes and then moving into Turbo Fire 45. That combo is too much fun to really call it a 'work'out! I feel totally energized despite the length of that combo (2 hours, 40 minutes). Good stuff.

Tami, so glad you enjoyed your Insane X class. How is your instructor doing who had the recent surgery? I hope she is progressing well. Sounds like we are on the same page with turns and step. It is one of the reasons I never did many Christy Taylor workouts. I liked her and her music, but she was always turning around in her step workouts and they were no fun for me. Unfortunately, that clip from Party Rocking Step reminded me of Christy Taylor. :ohwell: But, like I said, I will try! Glad you are enjoying autumn weather. We are definitely going into autumn as well, which I love. I will have my fingers crossed that your weather holds for the next 10 days!

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel your weekend trip because it sounds wonderful! I love visiting wineries. I try to visit local wineries in many places we travel, though I didn't get to any down your way on our recent trip. Maybe next time. Anyhow, sounds like you are really pushing the workouts! Great job! I am sorry to hear about your sore shoulder. Hope it feels better soon. And I hope the LB DOMS isn't too bad for you tomorrow. To be honest, I am hoping the same for me after today's workout! :laugh:

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

Where do I begin??!? It has been absolute chaos here since the puppies arrived! Trying to keep mom away from the babies (they were already weaned), our dogs away from mom and the babies (we have a dominant girl that is pissed at mom and babies for taking all my attention) and keep the laundry room clean of puppy pee and poop, has been a FT job! Plus, we had 3 extra dogs overnight on Sunday so I could help with a vet transfer! The week got better until the runt of the litter got very sick and ended up passing away on Wednesday. It was a LONG day. Top that with news that my grandpa can't handle chemo anymore and is just going to let the cancer take over, was just overall a horrible day. :sad:

I'd love to get a workout in to work off the stress, but these dogs with their upkeep and trying to schedule visits, and adoptions, has been crazy, to say the least. No workouts for me in about 2 weeks.

But, we're down to 2 puppies, 1 after Saturday. Now, we just have to keep mom away from our pup until he is neutered...that is going to be a challenge! :laugh:

Great job to all of you on the workouts, I am impressed! :bigsmile: Keep it up :bigsmile:

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Later check in for me, computer at work was freezing...:huh: Today’s LEGS workout was Pyramid Lower Body, then this evening it was so nice out I took the kids for a walk. :wink:

Michelle: Sounds like some great workouts! :bigsmile: Great job, you have been working hard with those classes, that is so great. Your weekend getaway sounds like it would have been AMAZING. Sorry you have to miss that but I’m sure the swim meets are something you would definitely not want to miss. Sounds like you have a busy list of activities ahead, but lots of fun! :drinker: You’re a.m. routine on the front porch sounds so nice. Today it was so gorgeous out and right around 70 degrees … tomorrow is supposed to be the same. Then we go back to rainy/cloudy weather through the weekend I believe, Monday is the worst of them forecasted so far. That means BC will be inside forsure this time.

Laurel: Your “mish-mash” sounds amazing and once again the Laurel Energizer Bunny kicked in :laugh: :noway: …. You probably could have just kept plugging in dvd after dvd it sounds! Nice job. Our instructor who had surgery is doing really good. She teaches spin on Wed eve as well just from the bike. Coaching us from there and I ask her every week how it’s going. She said she has not had pain, just trying to be patient with the crutches, healing time. She gets to start PT in a couple weeks; She actually has been doing plank work we do in Insanity or just holding planks or doing push-ups. I saw her dangling from the pull-up bar right before Spin class yesterday. I think she has a great attitude and really wants it to heal so she can get back into action very soon! :wink: Thanks for the weather wishes …. Yes, the bike race/event will be much more fun in decent conditions vs. rain forsure.

Erika: WOW!!!:noway: What a whirlwind of emotions you must be feeling. Those pups are so lucky to have you in their corner Erika! what amazing challenges you are facing & heartache beyond Im sure :flowerforyou: In the midst of all that Im SO sorry to hear about your Grandpa, that has to be very hard. :cry: Big hugs for you for all of it. Thanks for keeping us updated.

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was upper body work, and I did the XTrain Burn Sets Upper Body premix with core 1. :heart: :heart: I really went heavy today on some of the moves, so we'll see how that feels when I get back to STS on Sunday. :ohwell: I felt I was spoiling myself with fun cardio this week, so I decided to finish my workout off with a not-so-fun cardio for me--IMAX3. Not my favorite workout, but I got through it! I always feel accomplished when I finish that one, though, so there is some payback for doing it. :smile:

Erika, oh my. What a week. I am so sorry to hear about the little pup passing away. And then the news of your grandfather on top of it. You need a hug! :flowerforyou: I hope things settle down for you soon, but, as Tami said, what you are doing is amazing.

Tami, I am glad to hear your instructor is doing well. Sounds like she is being patient and letting herself recover, which is good. That is the hardest thing to do! I sure didn't feel like the Energizer Bunny today doing all those plyo moves in IMAX3. :noway: :laugh: I kept saying to Cathe 'don't you know how tired my legs are from yesterday?' She never did answer. :bigsmile: Looking forward to a day off tomorrow, that's for sure. Hope your weekend isn't too wet. We are supposed to be back up to 80 tomorrow!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all enjoyed the weekend! I did here as beautiful autumn weather has arrived in Colorado. I love this time of year.

I started week 5 of our STS rotation yesterday with STS Disk 7/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. This workout has so many push-ups in it! Crazy. Because of a late night on Saturday and all those push-ups, I decided to go light on the cardio and did Cardio Supersets. Today was STS Disk 9/Legs, which went by surprisingly fast. To make up for yesterday's 'lighter' cardio, I did something I haven't done in a couple of year. I combined all of the cardio from Cathe's Shock Cardio HiiT workouts (40/20, 30/30, and Pyramid) into one workout. Tough stuff, but it felt great today.

Off to enjoy the blue sky and crisp air of the first day of Fall! :drinker:

Hope you are all well!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    :bigsmile: Afternoon ladies,

It was a busy weekend, October Fest Kickoff event and I lost my Beer mug holding contest.:grumble: I don't drink beer but it was funny watching all of the people enjoy too much German beer and act silly.:bigsmile: On saturday it was off to a 2 hr Zumba fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior project which I did with one of the instructors and one of my daughter's school friends who loves Zumba.:laugh: We had a blast and then I took her home. On Sunday I worked an early shift while hubby drove to PCB for the swim meet which was an all day event. Due to bad weather and delays both days they returned late that night so that was exhausting for him both days especially this morning.:yawn: Today in Muscle Mania the theme was Bi's and Thigh's:noway: , even the lone male in the room was struggling:laugh: ..sheesh she wore us out today and then it was party time in Zumba.:laugh:

Erika- I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather's inability to complete his chemo treatments.:flowerforyou: The weekend was obviously a rough one for you and it seems like you are due for a Spa date with a girlfriend!:wink:

Laurel- Yowsza on the combo!:laugh: I was just looking at Cathe's previews on the new releases and laughing at those step routines in her dvds. I'm not a step fan so I agree with you completely! Congrats on week 5 already.

Tami- How was your weekend? Is Fall there yet? We are dealing with stormy weather here today but suprisingly enough our class was full this morning.

Working today so I must get back to work.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies~ Weekend was good, just me and the pups! Fall officially hit …… :huh: from a very sunny gorgeous day on Friday to just only 60 degrees, cloudy and windy on Sat & Sun. I was able to get the lawn mowed prior to some rain Sat so that was good. I also did the house cleaning, a little laundry and time with the pups. :wink: Yesterday I started the day off with STS #7 Chest/Shoul/Bi’s followed by XT All Out Low Impact HiiT + Abs. My chest/shoulders were still "talking to me" a bit from the Pyramid work on Friday, I was surprised. Then when I saw how many push-ups I was in for. :noway: Yikes. But it actually felt good to work those muscles through the DOMS! This a.m. was STS Legs and tonight will be BootCamp. As I mentioned before, it’s rainy and cold so I assume she won’t want to stand outside.

Laurel: Great job with the workouts! :bigsmile: I just love :heart: XT Burn Sets as well. I’ll definitely be putting that one in on our Friday UB workout days again. Sounds like Imax 3 worked you hard! OMG! I forgot how many push-ups were in that workout as well, YOW-ZA! I was going to go back and count when I was done and make a note of it … decided I might count but not write it down. :laugh: Do I really want to know prior to the next time?! Fabulous job with the “Laurel Triple Threat HiiT” workout! That’s so awesome and whenever you have mentioned you doing that I’m always a bit like :noway: ~ great job. Someday I may try that ….. a heap on the floor I might be but I can say I did it. Did you see that Cathe’s Greatest Hits Vol 1 is all step :huh::ohwell: I am anxious to watch the clip & see what kind of choreography challenges I am in for :blushing:

Michelle: I think it’s so awesome you did the Zumba fundraiser! :bigsmile: What a great event. Sounds like you had a busy weekend and Muscle Mania worked you hard today …. Loving that Zumba, so great! Keep up the great workouts! Fall is definitely here …. As I mentioned above it went from warm and sunny to brrrrrrrrr and windy along with the rain today. Our classes will begin to be full again because they are doing the Fall Biggest Loser starting up in a week. Makes for crowded classed during that time.

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was cardio day, and I opted for a long, steady-state cardio. I did the Step, Jump and Pump/Step Blast cardio premix which rings in at 90 minutes. But I enjoy that workout so it is worth it. I got an unexpectedly long phone call which cut into my yoga time :grumble: so instead of a full yoga session, I was only able to do STS Extended Stretch. But at least I did some form of stretch which felt really good after the long cardio.

Michelle, sounds like a fun weekend! It also sounds like you are really getting in some tough workouts! Great work. Love that you were out supporting the Wounded Warriors. :flowerforyou:

Tami, sorry to hear about the poor weather this weekend. I am marveling about how quickly it has changed down here as well. Two weeks ago, I still had two fans on at night. Last night I had to close the windows because we were near freezing. :noway: While I am not ready for snow, I must admit to liking the cooler temps. Yep, I saw that the Greatest Hits workout is step. That surprised me. I haven't looked at the preview yet. I like some step workouts more than others, so I will be interested to see the combinations. I kind of hope most of the segments are from her older workouts, when I think her step choreography and cuing were better. :ohwell: But.....we'll see!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I’m happy to report that last night’s BootCamp was the “traditional” class, which I love:heart::drinker: So it felt great and she commented she was glad to have me back. For Cardio Day today I will be doing the Insanity class :wink:

Laurel: Great job on the cardio this a.m.! :bigsmile: I think I mentioned once that I have that DVD but I’ve never done it. Cathe.com sent it to me by mistake when I was trying to replace a defective DVD and they told me to just keep it. Very nice, but I watched a preview on it once and thought …….. hmmmm :huh: Plus it arrived in a dvd envelope instead of a case so I have it in with some other’s and forget about it. :blushing: How is the choreography on that one? Nice job getting in a stretch …. Maybe you could fit in your Yoga time another day this week? I know what you mean on the “2 weeks ago I was …” in SHORTS and feeling like summer. For now I am mostly concerned with Saturday’s weather. As of now it is forecasted as “mild”, higher 60's with only 10% chance of rain. I’ll take it over raining and cold temps. Next Sat, Oct 5th is my annual fishing weekend with DH so I’ll be selfish and hope for 2 Saturday’s in a row with no rain. :wink:

Talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Back to STS today with Disk 8/Back and Triceps. I felt really strong on this today! I followed it with CrossFire Extreme, which is just so good. Love the core workout Cathe did for that one.

Tami, I am SO happy to hear you had a good Bootcamp class! :drinker: Hopefully you are good to go with that class now through the winter. Sounds like the weather may actually be perfect for your ride this weekend! I will keep my fingers crossed that the forecast doesn't change. We are looking at good weather for the next 10 days right now, so I am hoping you are as well!

Regarding Step, Jump, Pump and Step Blast and the choreography......hard to describe really. There is a lot of choreography, but it is more in line with her older workouts. It takes some learning, but I also have to say that Step Blast is probably my favorite Cathe step workout, so it isn't bothersome to me. The real question is whether they are worth learning. SJP is a moderate circuit workout, which has never been a favorite for me. The circuit segments are too long and the cardio not intense enough to keep my heart rate up. So it may not be worth the frustration. Like I said, Step Blast IS a favorite of mine, but it is a steady state step workout with a few blasts as the end. If you prefer another form of steady state cardio.......there is really nothing unique or special here unless you like some fun choreography using a step. I have been pulling out my step workouts again lately very intentionally since I know I am going to be getting two new ones soon. But about a year ago, I had pretty much stopped doing step and was fine without it. So unless you try it and love it.....it probably isn't going to give you anything different.

With all of that being said, I previewed the Greatest Hits DVD yesterday...and the first part of it appears to be the step portion of SJP! That really surprised me. From there it goes into Body Max 2, Athletic Step and IMAX 2 with work from Cardio and Weights as a bonus. So.......if you want to do the Greatest Hits DVD, you'll be doing the step from SJP.

I don't know if that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. I previewed a couple of the other new workouts, and they look good! I am especially excited for the new kickboxing workout!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Ladies,

Busy day of work yesterday and I was just drained so I relaxed and spent some time with hubby on the couch until he left for bed. I actually stayed up late last night reading several of my downloads from the library because I knew today was an of day. This morning it was storming but I headed to Kickboxing and Zumba classes anayway. The instructor leaves in 3 weeks so I'm trying to enjoy as many classes as possible just in case the replacement is Blah.:laugh: In Kickboxing we performed our kicks using the bags and then did stations again, due to the yucky weather class was small so we stayed at our stations for long intervals and my glutes are talking to me now from those front and roundhouse kicks. When I came home I added in 20minutes of Inner thighs and Legs Pilates and have since collapsed on the couch for a recovery.:bigsmile: I'm finally back on track and off to cook my eldest favorite General Tso Chicken for dinner and a baked bean casserole and pork chops for the family.

Tami- The thought of cool temperatures sound amazing but right now we are dealing with heavy rain and dark mornings. I'm happy to hear that Bootcamp is back on track!:bigsmile: We are going through some changes here with instructors leaving so it will be interesting to see October's schedule next week.:ohwell:

Laurel- Cathe's Kickboxing dvd does look exciting along with her Legs dvd, those are the only two I put into the shopping cart.:wink: That is a significant change in weather for you also, hopefully that is not an indicator of how cold your Winter season may be there this year.:frown

Ok off to prepare for the girl's arrival.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies! What a day:noway: Hence the later check in :frown: Our company is in the process of a merger & with that happening soon we were presented with changes that affect the staff:frown: We were originally told that things would be "seamless" BUT We are basically getting an entirely different health care plan which will now cost us $$$$ and losing our retirement program effective Monday. So it's all a bit much right now and our boss/part owner told us to wait until the dust settles and they will make it right....... We will see! I'll keep you guys posted as we go :wink: It's a bit of a shock right now, makes me a little nervous for what else may be coming?!?! :sad:
    On a happier note I will revert to my workouts:bigsmile: Insanity was great last night! She put together another great batch of 1 min combos! The first round always being very hard:huh: This a.m. Was STS Back & Tri's, good strength work & Spinning after work. We had just finished the staff meeting when I went to class so it was good to sweat it out a bit :wink:

Laurel: Great workouts! Sounds like a perfect combo. I agree on the core work for Crossfire....:heart: it! Yes!!!!!! On our BC class being back to a regular format, I agree & thanks for cheering with me on that :laugh: :smile:
    Thank you so much for the review of SJP, I appreciate it. Sounds like I need to get it out & take a peek. Or just wait for the Greatest Hits :laugh: I really don't know that it sounds like a "go to" workout because like you, I enjoy so many other cardio workouts.

Michelle: Your workouts are sounding amazing and so sorry to hear one of the instructors are leaving :frown: dang it! Hopefully her replacement will be amazing in her own way.Sounds like a great evening with your hubby, so nice to have those times I'm sure with the busy schedules, kids, etc.... Yes we definitely are having the cooler temps ...... I really notice in the early a.m. when I get up for my workout. From the clips I've seen I think Cathe's KB & Legs workouts look good too! Excited for them to arrive and give them a try :wink:

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am feeling a tad worn out today. I can only imagine it is because of a couple of really late nights/early mornings this week and the tough workouts I've been doing this week! But I mustered through my workout this morning despite feeling like :yawn:. I started with the leg work from High Reps as a sort of warm-up, because right after that, I moved into XTrain Cardio Leg Blast Extreme premix! :noway: Yep, my legs were tired!! To finish it off with a 'blast', I did the cardio from the Cardio Only premix from Cardio Leg Blast. What was I thinking? :huh: :blushing: I suppose it is little wonder that all I want to do now is take a shower and lay down! :laugh: But it was a good workout.

Michelle, sorry to hear about the stormy weather. You sure have had a lot of rain down there on and off this summer, haven't you? Sounds like some great workouts, though! I am also sorry to hear one of your instructors is leaving. I hope her/his replacement is good and you can continue with these fun classes. Dinner last night sounds terrific! DH was out last night, so I had a simple tomato pizza on a whole grain flatbread with a big salad! It was okay.....:ohwell: . But just okay. :happy:

Tami, oh my on the work situation! This on top of your manager/supervisor leaving recently? :noway: That is just crazy that they are canceling your retirement program with absolutely no notice! Are they going to offer anything to replace it? And then the health care on top of that? I keep hearing more and more reports of companies/businesses doing things like this, and I wonder when workers are going to say 'Enough!' and we end up with the strikes like they have in Europe. I hope it never comes to that. I am so sorry to hear this, and, yes, please keep us posted. I imagine a good workout right after that news was good medicine!! :flowerforyou:

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Ladies,

Early work day for me and after wierd dreams and a restless night I feeling Blah! A new friend I met at the gym text me to confirm my Zumba this evening so she is definitely motivating me to get out the door. I need it after indulging in some petite Cranberry orange scones with my coffee this morning.:blushing:

Tami- I'm so sorry to hear about this transition, sounds like what they did to the Hostess employees when they declared bankruptcy and eliminated all retirement plans but offered CEO's their bonuses. Laurel is so true, employees have to take a stand b/c they are the company! I pray that everything works out, but unless it is included in new contracts who will fulfill that promise?:frown: Glad to hear you were able to work out that frustration in class, I would definitely need a kickboxing class with that news.

Laurel- Geesh I'm tired thinking of all that cardio but today I'm just tired in general..need my vitamins.:laugh: Dinner was delish but that homemade pizza sounds great with some added mushrroms, bell peppers, roasted tomatoes and diced chicken.:wink: Have you ever tried Publix freshly baked Focaccio bread? Sometimes I will use those for a pizza base and add the healthy stuff for a filling lunch.:bigsmile:

Ok grabbing the girls from the bus and then off to Zumba.:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So Laurel and I were on the exact same page (again) today:laugh: :smile: …… XT Cardio Leg Blast Xtreme for me this a.m.! However I did not add on the extra bonuses! After work I may go home and do a short workout and/or take the kids for a walk. We have an unusually nice day today. Cool but sunshine is out. Supposed to get down to 40 degrees:huh: I think tonight.

Laurel: Way to go!!!! :drinker: :noway: Holy leg burnout today …. I bet you were pooped after that trifecta!!! Way to work. Funny that we did the same workout today (again). :wink: Thanks for the well wishes and thoughts on my work situation. It is a lot right now with the brand new manager and now the merger. :frown: Our current boss/owner wants to meet with us individually and let us know that they are going to “take care of us through this” is how she put it. With compensation for our loss of retirement I guess and maybe for the increase in insurance. Not sure:grumble: I’m trying to not get myself completely off the tracks until I know all the definites. Being here for nearly 20 years I'm trying to trust she will do the right thing if she can, it’s just that it doesn’t seem right now that she is calling the shots. Which makes me nervous for future decisions/changes. I will definitely keep you posted ……. Thank you for your support. :flowerforyou:

Michelle: Awesome that you have a gym friend who wants to meet.:wink: It does sometimes help to make that “appt” at the gym when someone else is expecting you there. Hope it goes great, I’m sure you will have fun! Thank you too for your prayers on this and thoughts. :flowerforyou: I am currently hoping for the best, and understand transitions/mergers can be tricky but when it comes to my health benefits & future (aka: retirement) being completely taken it’s a tough pill to swallow. Other options may come into play or at least looking.

You guys are giving me a new idea for dinner! :tongue: DH is gone right now on his Fall Fishing (guiding trips). So I have been having very boring meals …. Easy, but boring! I go next weekend for my annual visit!