Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

Yesterday I spent hours organizing my youngest two closets, one houses her lifesize dollhouse and the other holds her school clothes, shoes, etc but during the Summer everything began to comingle which led to a visual chaotic zone.:grumble: I tend to be anal with organization so last night when we finally closed both doors the space was a beauty to see..at least for me.:wink: Today is my off day and I have decided to skip out on Spinning for now until I need to shake things up some more. My favorite cardio is KB but the CardioKB tends to focus more on form than combos so I decided to work out at home and hit those areas that my classes don't seem to really target. I did Kickboxing followed by Inner thighs & Glutes and boy do I feel the stiffness already. My poor tris were feeling the headbangers from yesterday, so those punch combos really worked me over in a good way. I enjoyed the routine and now it is on to laundry, phone calls and admin. tasks.

Laurel- House shopping is always fun but then it tends to make me want a new home with cooler gadgets.:bigsmile: Awesome on the STS lovefest! I'm enjoying the classes for sure as it has been more than 10 years since I joined a gym.:blushing: I realize that my energy levels soar and I tend to be the one the instructor looks to for energy, demos, etc. Some days I feel the joints talkking to me later in the day but overall I feel better mentally. Hubby bought me some energy gels for Spin class and my L-Carnitine & BCAAs definitely help with soreness and recovery. I really need to dial in my eating plan and focus on reducing mass in areas and streamlining my upper body.

Tami- Loving the class especially Muscle Mania, one instructor is very drill sgt like and the other is very subtle with a dry sense of humor but definitely works those muscles well. After testing a new instructor last week, I will definitely attend some evening classes as I like her style although she is definitely a high impact instructor with tons of energy.:laugh:

Erika- Did you survive the long trip? How are the puppies?

Laurie- Did you buy Fastfix with JM? I finally saw some previews and it looks like a good kickbutt routine especially if you combine all three workouts.:bigsmile:

Have a great day Ladies!

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :bigsmile: It was nice to go home last night and do a “Cathe” workout instead of Running Camp forsure! I did Tabatacise 1 – 5, which felt good. :wink: My legs were feeling it at the end and this a.m. for Cardio Day I did Intensity. Tonight will be Insane-X after work.

Laurel: You’re not going to believe this …. :laugh: Last night I started to reach for Cardio Fusion and then changed my mind! How funny. Sounds like you got in a great cardio today with the Yoga as a true bonus! I bet it felt incredible. :flowerforyou: Nice job. You’re right on XT being such a testament to training heavier with high reps, that’s so true. Glad that makes sense and I am on track with my plan for Meso 1. :wink: I know what you mean on those homes being impractical ….. one of the homes I saw I thought the same thing and wondered how you can just relax and live in your home when it is so over the top. Very true on all the homes you have lived in how you can easily weed out what works or doesn’t for you. Maybe you’ll end up building a home? :smile: You could make quite a workout suite for yourself! :wink: How fun would that be? I’m happy to hear your hubby ordered T25 and you’ll be able to take a look at those. I’ve read a few reviews and people have really liked the workouts, others said they weren’t all they were cracked up to be.

Michelle: Will you come to my house and get me all organized? :smile: Very nice that you were able to get that done! I’m sure they are appreciative. Getting the best of both worlds is a great plan! I love all my in-home workouts and weight work, along with some great circuits and cardio that I don’t think the gym would offer. The BC and Insanity along with Spinning adds in some variety and gives me some bonus cardio forsure . . . but can’t replace the other. :bigsmile: Good on ya for hitting those areas you want to target! Sounds like today was a good one and you have a busy day ahead with everything else.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was STS Disk 2/Back and Triceps. Such a good workout. I followed it with Cathe's IMAX (the first one), which I haven't done in forever. I had so much fun with it today!! I finished it all with STS Stability Ball abs. Good stuff!

Michelle, I am with Tami.....can you come help me organize? :wink: I am SO in the mood for downsizing right now, and we did some of that this summer when we gave some of furniture away to our fire victim friends. But when it comes to things like clothes, not knowing where we are living next has us holding on to things like our cold weather gear from Alaska all the way to pretty summer dresses from California. It is driving me crazy, but I keep telling myself we should hopefully be able to make some cuts in another year. Hopefully. :ohwell: I am glad you are enjoying these tough workouts, and that they aren't taking too much of a toll on your body. I already know three days into STS that I need to up my protein because that helps me recover quicker. And my legs were really feeling Monday's workout. :yawn: So I need to do something, and more protein seems to have worked for me in the past. I think I am also going to change vitamins and see if I notice any difference. Not sure what I am going to switch to yet, though, as, unfortunately, some vitamins can upset my stomach. No fun. :grumble:

Tami, I am so glad you enjoyed Tabatacise. That one has been in my mind to do lately. I was actually reaching for it on Sunday when I pulled out Cross Fire instead. Great minds!! :happy: But I bet it felt tough after that STS Leg workout. I am still not sure what workouts I am going to do the next two days, but I've enjoyed coming up with some different combos in my head. So I have a few ideas, but I think the final selection will wait until I know 1) how my legs feel tomorrow :blushing: and 2) how much time I have on Friday morning. But I love the idea of another two days of strength this week! About houses....I would love to have a house built for us! That would be ideal really since our needs in a home differ from the 'average' family since we don't have kids. And, yes, any house would include an incredible workout room. I think that is one of the surprises we have encountered in seeing all of these new, million dollar homes. Many include something silly like three dedicated TV/theater rooms. But only a couple had dedicated workout rooms. Kinda sad really.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s Insane-X workout was the Pure Cardio version of Insanity + a good ab section at the end.:wink: I would say I got some good cardio in yesterday. It felt great though! :bigsmile: She did that round so she could just quickly move from one to the next, our last chance workout with her without crutches. She wanted to be able to call out a lot of moves one more time and had a few of us demonstrate …. For practice :laugh: This a.m. was STS #2 Back/Triceps which was a great workout & again went up in weight. Tonight will be Spinning.

Laurel: I agree, her Back/Tris workout such a good one. But again, what one isn’t completely thorough and works each muscle group?! :smile: Feeling so great into this program already! My legs were sore yesterday but not painful. All the cardio helped loosen them up I think. :wink: I’ve tried to go through and fill in some workouts on my calendar so I have something to shoot for on these 2 extra strength days. I even found some good premixes from 4DS that are all upper or all lower I thought Id mix in. I’m so glad we have them added in, I think that’s going to be a great addition to this program. :bigsmile: Tomorrow I’m leaning towards XT Cardio Legs, if I get up early enough I might do the standing portion of XT Legs as well. Friday will be her Tri-Sets upper body + Abwork, I’m OFF Friday so I will have extra time in the a.m. Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? Maybe doing a little golf?
    On days that I have had a lot of cardio or feel like I might be sore I drink a Recovery Drink with good amino’s. Aminolast is the one I’ve been buying and I really like it. I think it helps. So far this week, my eating changes have me feeling really great. Not too much different than what I was doing but enough that I want to continue to see the results . . . if any. Just adding in some various protein's w/ a little green veggie instead of my usual "green protein shake" or Greek Yogurt. Just something different to try. I agree, there sure are a lot of homes that are geared towards home entertainment, but truly a sign of our time with technology and all that is available. Really like it when I see a new listing (I process office photos here) and it has a really nice workout area... makes me want to live in that house! :wink: :laugh: It will be fun when you guys know where you will be forsure and can start making those thoughts realities and get rid of some stuff you don't need.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I really couldn't decide what workout to do this morning. My debate was between Leaner Legs and XT Cardio Leg Blast....and Leaner Legs won out in the end. I figured it had been longer since I'd done that one. It felt really good. I followed it with the cardio from XT Hard Strikes right into the cardio from TF 55 EZ. And then I finished it up with the 20 minute lower body workout from TF. Long but good workout.

Tami, I hope everything goes well with your instructor and her surgery. Sounds like she has done everything to ensure you all can continue with some great workouts while she recovers. Like I said before....she sounds like a very thoughtful person. So funny that we almost did the same workout this morning--that is if you did Cardio Leg Blast! I knew we'd be on similar wavelengths. Tomorrow I think I am going to stick with CTX since I did Leaner Legs today and do the CTX Upper Body workout which is a great endurance workout. Next week I am leaning towards doing those 4DS premixes you were talking about because they are a little less endurance based (and some of my favorite weight work). But I'll probably decide that next week. Thanks for the recommendation of a Recovery Drink. I probably should do,something like that. The only significant change I have made to my diet this week is cutting down on sugar (my downfall), which has me feeling SO much better....except for the fact I need to replace those calories and I haven't done that. I could feel that when I got up today, so that is something I need to work on. It really is only a matter of a couple/few hundred calories, so it is easy to do cleanly. I just need to be more aware of it than I have been.

For the weekend, the Air Force Academy has its first football game on Saturday, so we will be at that. And then, yes, hopefully golf on Sunday and/or Monday, weather dependent. I hope you have some good plans for your long weekend as well!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Spinning went great last night. :wink: We had a substitute instructor and she did an amazing job. She was happy to receive great feedback from us so that was fun! She had some great music I noticed, so that made it nice too. XT Cardio Leg Blast for me this a.m. and it was lots of fun. :bigsmile: Planning on a workout this evening when I get home and a walk with the pups.

Laurel: Too funny that yet again we almost did the same workout! :laugh: Definitely the same wavelength. I think I have Leaner Legs scheduled for next Thurs if I remember correctly. I did notice today that I have the XT Burn Sets for tomorrow a.m. (not Tri-Sets) so that will be a good upper body workout. :wink: Already looking forward to it. I tried looking at different workouts/formats to put in on these “bonus” days to mix it up … keep my body guessing. Then go from there to see how I’m liking them each week for future months. Sounds like a nice combo of things today, fabulous job!! :drinker:
    No plans yet for us. I have a nice 4-day weekend and will enjoy the extra couple of days forsure.

Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!! :bigsmile:

It has been one busy week at our house, but it's all good! The trip to Iowa was awesome! Great company, and the time flew (despite 9 hours in the car!) by. We did have to make a couple stops to clear the air due to a puker and a pooper, but overall it went well. We had 2 papillions, 2 yorkies, 2 shih tzus, 1 lab/pointer, 1 maltipoo, 1 maltese (the one in my profile pic that came home with us) and 3 dachshunds. The dogs were quiet the whole time and just slept. Our director took them all to her house for the night and took pics of them for us all to see...sooo cute!!! Now, I'm working on helping with our fundraiser, so we can get more money to help save more dogs. We have another puppy mill auction on the 7th, and are hoping to bring back lots of dogs! I may go, I just have to decide if I can actually see the dogs like that. The run this weekend was picking them up from someone that boards them for us, so I didn't see them in horrible conditions like they would be in the puppy mill auction.

Workouts are hit or miss, but it should ramp back up now. We're done with soccer, and just have hockey to focus on, plus we'll be down 1 foster dog on Saturday, as we had a lady come out to meet our 2 and is going to have me bring them to meet her dog, and then she'll pick one. It is fun having 4 dogs in the house, but we'll be ready to go back down to 3!

Yes, my toenail did fall off. It ended up being about 1/3 of my toenail and didn't hurt when it came off. I have been working out barefoot due to it rubbing on my shoe when I wear shoes, so now it should be better.

Great work on the workouts ladies, I'm impressed! The classes sound killer, and it's fun to see STS back in the conversations!

Time for me to do a little relaxing and gearing up for a fun filled day tomorrow. My oldest turns 10, so I took the day off to play with the kiddos.

Have an awesome weekend! I'll catch up with you next week!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was CTX Upper Body, which I love. I followed it with To The Max extreme premix. It has been awhile since I've done that premix, and really enjoyed it. This was a great first week back to STS, that's for sure.

Tami, glad you enjoyed the substitute Spinning Instructor. That is always nice! You were definitely on the same wavelength as me when it came to planning your Thursday/Friday workouts. I really planned on doing those XT workouts this week but found out last week that I needed to be at an event early this morning. And the XT Burn Sets upper body work is about 30 minutes longer than CTX, and that's one of the reasons I went with CTX. But I am anxious to bump those XT upper body workouts against STS. I think that will be the ultimate in Cathe upper body work in one week.

Erika, so good to see you! Your trip sounds very interesting. I am glad it was a relatively easy trip on the pups. Your newest one is another cutie!! Sounds like your toe is healing, which is good. Hope you are enjoying your day with your boys!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

I have been avoiding the large grocery shopping but after 85$ every other day at Publix, I opted to go to the commissary and just do it! I did set my timer on the phone for one hour and at checkout I had 6 minutes left.:bigsmile: It is definitely better to stay on the perimeter.:laugh: Yesterday our Muscle Mix was 1.5 hrs and the focus was Plyometrics, Bis & Tris, and Abs. After showering I tested out this new polisher on the wood floors and was completely tuckered for last night's Zumba. This morning we overslept due to late night swim practice and meetings, so I dropped the girls off and headed to Bootcamp.:noway: This morning we did 6 exercises in 1 minute intervals then rested for 2minutes before doing the circuit again, then she split the class into two groups and one grp did 30 sec intervals while the other cheered us on and vice versa.:bigsmile: We did Burpees, Mountain climbers, Reverse lunges jumps, Dragon crawls, spiderman pushes and finished with Pike tucks on the ball.:noway: It was challenging and my arms were definitely shaking at the end of the workout. TG that class is only 45minutes long!:laugh: I followed up with Yoga and really stretched myself limber for 70minutes. Nothing much planned for the weekend but I may hit the treadmill for some running.

Erika- I'm glad that all went well with the pickup.:bigsmile: Not sure about the auction even my eldest avoids the commercial with the abused animals because she gets teary eyed. Enjoy your weekend and your baby turning 10.:drinker:

Laurel- Building is definitely a great option! We did that when our eldest was nearly two and it worked because of course some things were more important then with a young toddler. Now that we have grown we have to think of a new house that can accomodate us comfortably but not overwhelm us when the girls start leaving for college.:ohwell: I have to say that a theater & game room, a gym, a pool and a large open kitchen and family room, we all have agreed is critical in our next home.

Tami- Awesome that Spin was fun with the new instructor. I did not realize how many variations of Spin classes are taught until I pulled up Spin class on the tv and saw the different instructors leading their classes. Some were exciting and fun and others looked brutal.:laugh:

As to organizing one day at a time but my hubby tends to store and forget which drives me nuts.:grumble: I worked on my daughters dresser draws yesterday and today I tooked three boxes to the Thrift store donation shed. Next week I will start in the office closet and hopefully have that completed by the end of the week. Think of one area and give yourself one hour per day if you can, label your boxes for garbage, donate, sell, and keep pile and go from there. Once the donation boxes are filled, seal with tape and place them in the vehicle or pick up area immediately. This prevents you from rethinking or pulling things out to save like my youngest does everytime.:laugh:

Have a great weekend ladies!:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies :smile: Thurs was Legs & I did my planned XT Cardio Legs, Then Fri I was off (great plan on my part!) I was able to get in my longer upper body workout which was XT Burn Sets, all upper Pre-mix which was right at 90 min! Definitely a great compliment to STS & finished out the first week feeling great :bigsmile: Sat I used as a rest day & took the dogs for a walk & a short bike ride in afternoon :smile: Today was STS #1Chest/Shoul/Bis followed by HardStrikes with cond drills! That is a great workout after working those body parts + some good cardio :bigsmile:

Erika: Sounds like some really busy times lately but again what a fantastic cause and wonderful thing you are doing for those poor little pups:cry::heart: SOOOOOO awesome! I'm sure with back to school it helps a little with some free time, but still activities keep you busy! I bet your toe will start feeling a lot better now that the toenail is gone .....:smile: Happy 10th to your little guy:drinker:

Michelle: Thank you for the organizing tips:happy: I'm going to try that. Maybe when DH leaves for his Fall fishing I will tackle that project! Sounds like an amazing BootCamp class! Yahoo:drinker: for keeping at those classes,and working hard!

Laurel: Great job with CTX upper! I agree 100% on those XT workouts being the ultimate for UB combined with STS! I was glad I had the time on Fri. 90 min is too long usually for me, when I have to get ready for work, etc. So I know what you mean on that extra 30 min sometimes. I'm feeling great after week one, which is such a nice feeling! Today's workout I felt strong & full of energy going right into HardStrikes:bigsmile: Looking forward to this week as well.

Hope you all are having a great weekend & nice Labor Day tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a good weekend. We did here. Saturday was the Air Force football game, and, surprisingly, we won! Dh and I golfed both Sunday and yesterday, which is always good. And, of course, I got my workouts in. Sunday was STS Disk 1 followed by Cardio Core Circuit. Monday was STS Disk 3/Legs followed by Step Moves. Today was Intensity (with the Bootcamp), and since this was a cardio-focused day, I added the cardio from All Out Low Impact HiiT at the end of Intensity. Good stuff. Unfortunately my workout didn't include my yoga as planned as after my cardio, I discovered the fridge had been leaking all over the floor. So, two hours later, with a call in for maintenance and mopping as best as I can, I am just not in a yoga state of mind right now. :ohwell:

Michelle, sounds like some great workouts. Your gym workouts seem very thorough! Thanks for the organizing tips! I do try that 'one hour a day' tip, and that works great.....when I do it. :blushing: I go in fits and starts when it comes to intensive housework, without a doubt.

Tami, so glad you too enjoyed week 1 of STS! I am so glad to be at it right now. It just works for me. The good news is my legs aren't as tired as they were last week after Disk 3, but I wasn't necessarily thinking that when I was walking uphill with my golf clubs yesterday! :laugh: But they are fine today, which is good.

Well, off to clean up more water! Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ My nice long weekend is over, back to work. :indifferent: Going through some “new” transitions here so it was nice to have an extra day away. Our current office mgr is leaving, moving to Chicago and they have hired someone to take her spot. We meet him tomorrow. Not sure how this will affect my job directly but it is still “change” and I finally had a person in our office I could go to and would listen. Hoping he is as fabulous as they say. One thing I forgot to mention when I checked in Sunday. I was able to get my hair prettied on Friday when I was OFF, much more relaxing when I’m not racing there after work forsure ….. We got to visiting and she knows I just purchased a bike this summer, well she just got a bike a month ago so we are going to go riding at some point. :smile: Fun to have a new friend to ride with. She has little ones at home and works different hours so it will be hit and miss but still “ a friend to ride with”. Workouts yesterday were STS #3 (Legs) followed by Cardio Core Circuit & this a.m. for Cardio was CrossFire, tonight will be Insane-X for part 2 of Cardio Day. :wink:

Laurel: :laugh: :laugh: We did it again! We are truly in sync with workouts right now, that is pretty funny. Fantastic job with your workouts and the golf sounds SO fun! :drinker: Great that your legs felt stronger this week, minus the walking uphill. Your fridge leaked and my poor Bernie threw up all over his bed and rug to go outside this a.m.:frown: with another pile on the wood floor. I understand not being in the “Zen” mode … even if I didn’t have Yoga planned.:ohwell: Hurried and cleaned that up as I headed out for work. Hope your fridge is all fixed now and you don’t have to get a new one.

Hope you all had a great long weekend ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My weekend was good and I went for an eye appointment and will pick up my new geek glasses this weekend, so excited!:bigsmile:
    I started a new contract yesterday and was drained afterwards plus some major back pain had me in bed until late morning.:frown: Mr. C came in the room crying because he was alone in the family room so that got me dragging and ready for work.:grumble: Today it was KB and the instructor had me lead the class for a bit:blushing: , this is the same one who is leaving and asked if I was interested in teaching.:noway: I'm flatterred but more interested in enjoying the classes versus having to be in control of the classes.:laugh: Afterwards it was my favorite Zumba and one of the high energy instructors led the class so it was awesome.

Tami- Organizing comes in waves so some days I'm low tide and other days I'm crashing against the sand.:wink: The main thing is to pick a good day to start and get moving.

Laurel- Glad to see you enjoyed your weekend of golf, at least the weather was good. It actually stormed here Fri and Saturday this weekend.

Ok my check in is over, back to work!

Michelle:bigsmile:
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was STS Disk 2/Back and Trceps, which felt great. To kinda make up for the lost yoga yesterday, I followed it with the STS extended stretch. After that, I went right into Cathe's Max Intensity Cardio. I have had that workout for nearly 15 years.....and it still challenges me! I finished it all of the XTrain Core #1. Good stuff!

Michelle, I completely agree about leading a class. I'd much rather relax in the back and get my workout in than lead! No doubt this is why I am an at-home exerciser....because I find the effort of actually getting to the gym too much. :laugh: Kinda sad really. :ohwell: We are unseasonably warm here right now. I am trying very hard not to be tired of summer because I know in a few months I will be tired of the cold. But I could really use some cooler nights right now just so the house cools off. It didn't get below 70 last night, which is highly unusual here, even in the middle of summer. For September.....it's even more unusual.

Tami, we are definitely on the same wavelength as I had Cross Fire in the DVD player today and was all ready to do it when I changed my mind at the last minute! So crazy! Sorry to hear about the sick pup. Hopefully he is feeling better. Our refrigerator is fixed. We still have some wet carpeting, but that's all that's left of that mess. I guess I should look at it as a good reason to clean under the fridge (which I did), but........it still wasn't fun.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ So when I mentioned that my favorite instructor who is now on crutches may ask for some demonstrations on moves for Insanity . . . what I should have said was she asked ME to come to the front of the class right next to her and do the entire class! :noway: She did the talking but I did all the moves and demonstrations prior to each round. YIKES! Out of my comfort zone but at the same time I was so proud of myself & didn’t feel totally uncomfortable really. :smile: It was a crazy LEG workout with lots of plyo and tough stuff! Definitely a great cardio day yesterday. Today was STS #2 (Back & Triceps), tonight will be Spinning! Hopefully not on the bike in front of the class. :laugh:

Michelle: I can relate! I like to just take my spot in the back and get the workout in. Definitely a compliment to you to be asked, that’s awesome. :bigsmile: Sounds like Zumba was right up your alley and lots of fun. Yes, I agree on the organizing and how it can hit. Sometimes I have started a small little project and ended up organizing an entire room or closet …. Get sidetracked and think, just one more shelf or whatever. Love it when that happens though, feels good when I am done.

Laurel: Very nice workouts today! :drinker: Don’t ya just love the XT Core!??! Too funny that you had Cross Fire in the DVD player . . .:laugh: He actually isn’t better so I had to call the vet. Last time this happened (I think just last year) once he took some antibiotics he was better fast. It is usually something crazy that they eat . . . it’s happened to both my dogs. Called the vet and luckily because he was just in for his check-up and shots they are just going to let me pick up some medicine and of course if that doesn’t work I’ll bring him in. Poor little Bernard. He should be good after they kick in.

Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Today was a lower body day, so I started with Cathe's 4DS Lower Body premix, and to add a little more to it, I threw in the standing portion of XT Legs before the 4DS calf work. It made for a one hour workout (including the warm-up from 4DS Kickboxing) and I really enjoyed it. I followed it with the 4DS premix combining the cardio from the Lower Impact and Higher Impact step workouts. It has been a long time since I've done that one, and I enjoyed it today.

Tami, congrats on the gym class demonstration. That is a huge compliment!! I hope you were able to enjoy the workout while you were demonstrating it. Great stuff! Sorry to hear your pup is still sick. I do remember when he had this last year. I hope the medication works. But this cannot be any fun for him....or you. I can't believe week 2 of STS is almost over. I already think I am feeling the benefits. I just feel really strong right now!

I may be MIA tomorrow as I have to get something done with my hair. :blushing: So if I don't see you all, have a good weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hello! Today was Lower Body Blast Xtreme premix! :bigsmile: Always love that one and I haven’t done it forever. Nothing for cardio today in the p.m. planned. If it stops raining and Bernard (aka: Bernie) is better I will take the dogs for a walk this evening. He did seem to be almost himself this a.m. so I think the antibiotics have kicked in. :smile: Yay! I can’t imagine how he gets into something “unknown” that fast that it would affect him like that. It had to have been on our walk the other day, just like last time. I made some oatmeal for him last night & this a.m. Eating that just fine so that’s good. . . here’s hoping he’s on the mend at this point.

Laurel: What a great lower body workout you put together! :wink: Very nice. I have thought about putting the standing portion of XT legs into our bonus leg day(s) somewhere along the line. I think I have the 4DS legs planned for next week or week after :laugh: Thanks on the demonstration for Insanity. I was able to enjoy the workout forsure. I think I burned extra calories actually due to some nerves pumping my HR up as well. :laugh: I can’t believe it either on finishing up Week #2. I’m enjoying every day and feeling strong as well. It’s great! :drinker: Have fun getting your hair prettied up!

Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I worked yesterday and then headed to Zumba in the evening. Afterwards I came home and decided to do TapOut XT Strength and Upper,:noway: so many variations of push-ups that I'm not sure the military even knows those types exist.:tongue: I was proud of myself for starting strong with him on my toes with the push-up elbow smash, 3 position Spider and a few hover push-ups and I'm super excited about my gains from 2 strength training classes per week. I actually found that package at Target this weekend on clearance for 14.00 and it includes the band and 4 dvds.:bigsmile: This morning I'm headed to Bootcamp and Yoga, love the peacefulness of this class so far, as you ladies know I tend to avoid Yoga:blushing: or maybe it is her temple massage with lavendar oil that keeps me returning weekly.:laugh: She also teaches Power Yoga and I will also be attending another class as part of Team RWB for veterans.

Tami- Glad to know Bernie is improving.:bigsmile: It is so amazing how sensitive their systems can be, now that we are back home Mr. C allergies are back in full force and in Fl where he had 1/2 acre to run around he was fine.:grumble: Yikes on the class demo but awesome on your performance.:wink:

Laurel- Our temps here are steady at the 90 mark and I'm constantly lathering up my little one with sunblock due to how easily she tans in this fierce sun on the playground. The rain and storms have disappeared for now but cool nights will not show until Dec/Jan.:huh: I would love some Fall weather as that is my favorite season.:bigsmile:

Have a great weekend! I'm hoping to hit the treadmill but I have an early shift tomorrow..forgot about the time zone difference.:grumble:

Michelle
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Bootcamp kicked butt! Suicide drills followed by Pikes on paper plates, side lunges on plates, plank jumping jacks on plates, tricep push up on plates and running drills on plates while in reverse plank for 1 minute intervals and then suicide drills again followed by those circuits in 30 sec intervals. I feel it in my glutes and the Yoga stretched me out nicely already but I can see some DOMS this weekend!:bigsmile:

Michelle