Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,816 Member
    Options
    Happy Columbus Day!! Yesterday marked the start of the last week of STS Meso 1!! Where does time go? :noway: I started the week with Disk 10/Chest, Biceps and Shoulders. I felt really strong! I followed it with the cardio premix combining the cardio from 4DS Kickbox and Bootcamp. Lots of fun. Today was STS Disk 12/Legs followed by Cathe's To The Max extreme premix. Love that workout!!

Tami, I have never done that Body Max 2 premix either. I will have to look into that one during the next Mesocycle because I love the simplicity yet intensity of the Body Max 2 upper body work. Hope you enjoyed a good weekend with cardio and your BFF!!

Erika, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. My thoughts are with you and your family. :flowerforyou: But I am happy to hear that things are calming down for you! That must be a relief. Sullivan sounds like a real cutie!!

Jennie, welcome!!! I love those Burn Sets workouts. Some of Cathe's best.

Jessica, great job on the Gym Styles!! Sounds like your body really benefitted from the break. I echo everything Tami said about Butts and Guts. It is a great workout. Plus there is bonus footage (including a second core routine) and lots of premixes which makes it very versatile. Butts and Guts is, for me, one of those 'if you were stranded on a deserted island and only had five workouts' workouts for me. It is a must have in my collection, without a doubt.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • JessicaBR13
    JessicaBR13 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was a rest day for me. I did Crossfire yesterday. I absolutely love this workout! My favorite so far. :heart: I purchased her Yoga Relax , Butts and Guts and one of her stretching videos, so I have a lot to look forward too!

Hi Jennie, Welcome. I am relatively new too. :flowerforyou:

Laurel- Happy Columbus Day! I hope you had the day off, I didn't. :grumble: You are such a hard worker! I love that you do two workouts at a time, it sounds killer!

Erika- It sounds like things are going great with your new pup! I hope you get the chance to workout.:smile:

Hi Tami, Laurie and Michelle!:flowerforyou:

Jessica
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies :bigsmile: late check in for me tonight.... Really late lunch today & then it was 5:00:noway: Weekend was good, I did all the things I planned :wink: Sat a.m. was Intensity, I did the max Intensity pre-mix! Then met my BFF for a little shopping & lunch :bigsmile: I was also able to get the lawn mowed & took the dogs for a walk.... Our weather is really nice right now. Cold in the a.m. But bright & sunny during the day:smile: Yesterday was STS #10 Chest/Shoulders/Bi's & followed it with Burn Sets (same muscle group). Definitely worked those muscles with that combo :wink: Then another walk with the kids. Today's workout was STS Legs & tonight was BootCamp, tons of shoulder work, burpees & squats.

Laurel: Way to work! :bigsmile: I'm amazed that we are in the last week of Meso 1 as well, like you - where does the time go is right :huh: yes, I agree on the BM2 workout being simple in the approach forsure, but it was good. I had looked up some premixes for upper body so I have some options :wink: Cathe has so many amazing ones! I think next week I'll be doing some circuit based workouts but still with a leg & upper at the end of the week! I want to just keep going :bigsmile:

Jessica: I'm with you on working today:frown: we don't get most holidays, just the big ones. Fabulous job on the Crossfire workout:drinker: That is such a great one with tons of variety, I think that's why I like it so much. You're working hard but the time flies by! You've made some great purchases :bigsmile: I'm excited for you. Get ready for some good DOMs from B&G! You're going to love it! Great news on your strength gains already! Such a rewarding feeling :bigsmile:

Jennie: welcome:flowerforyou: so glad to have another Cathe fan!

Erika: Sounds like things are going to start settling down a touch... I bet that feels great! Glad that's your new addition is doing so well :wink: Finn sounds like he could give our lab Bernie a run for his money. He's 6 now and still wants to go at mock speed. Hope you enjoyed your workout, it will feel so great to get back in it I'm sure :wink:

Talk to you all tomorrow!
    Tami
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday and the weekend was busy with a three day weekend for hubby but the kids went to school. After a great workout in Muscle Mania and Zumba, hubby and I went on an afternoon date to the movies and lunch.:bigsmile: Then it was back to the usual of practice, homework and prepping for the week. Muscle Mania is definitely wreaking havoc on my knees and I'm starting to click and pop in both knees.:ohwell: It is definitely those killer squat & lunge variations but I'm sure the Burpees in Bootcamp doesn't help either.:frown: Today I went to the park and walked the lake for an hour and then added 2 segments of the Butt Lift Solution.:bigsmile:

Erika- Glad to see things calming down for the entire family and happy to hear that Sullivan and Lily are bonding.:bigsmile: Condolences to the family on the passing of your granddad.:flowerforyou:

Jessica- I'm glad you like the MMA Boxing, it was one of my favorites too.:wink: Crossfire sounds like fun but I definitely do not need to purchase any more dvds.:laugh:

Tami- Awesome weekend and I'm sure the kids enjoyed their time with you too. The weather sounds like ours too, love those Fall mornings and nights.:bigsmile:

Laurel- I won my Knockout dvd so I'm eagerly awaiting the shipment this week.:bigsmile:

I'm off today and and plan to do laundry and prep a couple of meals as the rest of the week will be busy. I'm planning on making a Chicken Tortilla Soup so wish me luck.:laugh:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I made a last minute decision on workouts this morning. Since I am not taking a week off between Meso 1 and Meso 2, I decided to end Meso 1 a day earlier than planned, just to give my body that extra 'mini' break. I will lift light (Lean Legs and Abs and Flex Train) the next two days and make Friday my cardio-only day so I will be ready to start Meso 2 on Sunday!! :drinker: So today I ended up doing STS Disk 11/Back and Triceps, and followed it with Party Rockin' Step 2. It was SO much fun. I am really surprised how much I am enjoying these new step workouts!! They remind me why I did step for so many years!

Jessica, Crossfire is a fantastic workout! Definitely one of my favorites. So glad you enjoyed it. And you made some terrific purchases!! Yoga Relax is a really nice, gentle yoga routine. I really like it for days when I just want to do something that makes my body feel good.

Tami, sounds like a great weekend. But YOWZA on Sunday's combo of workouts. I don't think I would have been able to move my arms after that!! :noway: I couldn't believe I was putting away my Meso 1 set today already. But that being said, I am more than ready for Meso 2. I love Meso 2!! Definitely my favorite way to lift (working one body part at a time).

Michelle, congratulations on the Knockout workout! I hope you enjoy it!! Sorry to hear about your knees. Take care of them! And good luck on the soup! It sounds really good right now because, believe it or not, we have some snow flakes (just a few) outside as I type! :noway: And it is cold. I love it. :tongue:

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies :bigsmile: Cardio day today so I went with To The Max Xtreme pre-mix! Love the variety in this one + the ab section at the end. I made a last minute dentist appt this afternoon so I had to miss Insane X. Last night as I was chewing dinner, a piece of my crown came off...luckily and I say with HUGE relief :bigsmile: it only needed bonding to fix, not a new crown! :drinker:

Michelle: Your weekend sounds absolutely perfect & I think it's so awesome you and your hubby make special dates/fun times together. So awesome! Great job with the workouts ..... Be careful with your knees :wink: sounds like they may be talkin to you a bit! :wink: Speaking of dentist appt, did you have yours?

Laurel: Great job with the workouts :bigsmile: sounds like you have a perfect plan in place with STS! You'll be a little ahead of me , it's very tempting to just keep going as well! Mostly because I'm loving this rotation so much :smile: and :heart: Meso 2 as well! You're right on with my Sunday madness..... My plan to add on a "little more" for the Shoulders/Chest/Bi's created a BURN forsure! It was a good challenge though :wink: My new Cathe workouts will be here tomorrow! :drinker: Finally :ohwell: Anxious to give them a try..... I really hope I enjoy the step routines as well! I enjoy step so much when I have the choreography down :blushing: Brrrrr on the snow, already?

Hello Jessica, Erika & Laurie too :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ... Tami
  • JessicaBR13
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies!:happy:

Everytime I do a Cathe workout, I have new respect for all of you! I just did 30 minutes of Butts and Guts and felt like I was going to die! :embarassed: I went hiking on my recent vacation and was unable to reach a certain mountain.:blushing: I vowed I would get to the top of that mountain one day. I truly believe the Cathe workouts will get me there! I have never worked this hard before and I love it. :heart:

Tami- Can I have some of your energy?:noway: You are killing it as always with your workouts! I love that you refer to your dogs as kids. :bigsmile: I feel the same way about mine. :love:

Michelle- Ah movie and lunch sounds fab! Did you see Gravity by any chance? I am wondering if it is any good. :ohwell: Way to go on your workouts! Sorry to hear about your knees, sounds painful. I loath burpees. :laugh: I'm sure those aren't helping!

Laurel- Sounds like you are moving along quite well in your workouts! I'm not familar with your program is it STS? I will have to save my pennies to one day purchase that series. :laugh: I've heard so many great things about it. I'm glad you are still enjoying the Party Rockin'! :drinker:

Have a great night ladies. Time for me to hit the shower then bed! :yawn:
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was lower body, so I started it with Cathe's new Lean Legs and Abs (the premix which included the barre section) and followed it with the Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix. Fun, fun stuff!

A few thoughts on Lean Legs and Abs. Like I said last week, Cathe has seemingly moved away from heavy weights and legs. Like the Great Glutes workout, the heaviest weight she uses in this workout is 8lbs. The workout is 48 minutes long, but if you add the bonus barre segment (which I did) it is 61 minutes long. I wouldn't say this workout was easy, but it felt 'kind' to me. It is hard to explain because as a bit of an intensity freak, I found myself really enjoying this relatively light workout, which is good! It didn't push me hard, but it also didn't leave me thinking 'what was that?' like I did after XTrain Legs. This workout is broken into three or four sections. The first section is cardio and legs. It is compound exercises aimed at hitting the legs while keeping the heart rate up. It isn't particularly challenging, but I liked it. I think one of the reasons I liked it is that Cathe explains her reasoning (heart rate) behind the section. It is followed by a standing section (aimed at hip flexors and quads) and band work (standing and floor) which provided a bit of burn! Then comes the barre section (if you choose that premix) which also provided a bit of burn but not killer (which is fine with me). Then there is the core segment, which is great! Like I said, I enjoyed this workout. I don't know how I would feel about it if I were trying to use it to build strength, but for what it is (fat burning, endurance-based), it was fun.

Tami, you can keep on with me on STS! I wouldn't mind the company. :bigsmile: I probably should be encouraging you to take your proper recovery period. :blushing: :ohwell: It is odd because I usually feel like I need a break (mentally more than physically) from a set rotation like this, but I think adding the various other workouts has helped keep STS feeling fresh. So I don't quite know what I would be doing if I were doing a recovery week next week. Sorry to hear about the tooth, but glad it wasn't too bad! I hope you enjoy the new workouts. Like I have said, they aren't very intense, but the fun factor for me is there (unlike with some of her other lower intensity workouts) so that will keep me reaching for them....I hope! Love that To the Max premix!

Jessica, Butts and Guts is tough!! I most definitely didn't get through the entire thing the first time I did it.....not even close! I love your 'mountain' goal. I know I use hiking as a sign of how fit I am. After I joined MFP, lost my excess weight, and had done my first two Mesocycles of STS, DH and I hiked up a waterfall in Yosemite.....and I did it! I felt so accomplished and I kept saying 'thank you, Cathe' the entire time! :smile: That was 4 1/2 years ago, and I have never really looked back. Yes, Tami and I are doing an STS rotation together right now. This is the third time we've done a six month STS rotation together, and I love having a workout partner!! I can't say enough good things about STS. As I alluded to, I credit it a lot for turning me towards a healthier and more active life. It takes some investment, but, for me, doing fifth rotation of it, it has been more than worth it. If you have any questions, let us know!

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies:smile: This a.m. workout was STS #11 Back/Tri’s then after work I am headed to my favorite Spinning class!

Jessica: Butts & Guts is definitely a goodie for working the lower body!:wink: As I mentioned to you on your follow-up post to me. I can’t wait to hear all about the mountain you WILL climb one of these days! :flowerforyou: Every day you are closer. Loving your persistence and attitude, it’s so great! You’ll get stronger & stronger at the workouts along with building your endurance. They truly are like my kids …. Definitely our family members and since I don’t have kids of my own it is a natural thing to call them that. :wink: Thanks for the comment on my energy level .... I would say I feel my best and most energized because of my workouts. They keep me going :drinker:

Laurel: Another fantastic combo! :bigsmile: Thanks for the review on LL & Abs. It does seem even in XT she started moving away from heavier lifting. Only 8LBs is so surprising ~ I do like the fat burning/endurance based workouts as well so we’ll see; love the sounds of the fun factor forsure. Plus another great ab section workout is always good. I am hoping to get a feel for these new workouts soon ….. :tongue: I agree, adding on some of these misc. leg & upper body days as well as cardio has made me feel like I do have a lot of variety going with this rotation. Probably why I’m enjoying it so much as well.
    I love that pre-mix too … I think because you just did that one not too long ago it made me think of it! So thanks :wink: Love the story you shared with Jessica on hiking to the waterfall. I’m sure that is such a special and memorable moment for you and your fitness journey!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm working this week at home so my schedule is off as this contract is based on PST times so my shift is earlier than normal.:grumble: So far this week only 1 major workout day the others have been at the lake and my Butt Solution dvd.:bigsmile:

Tami- Speaking of dentist I ate some White chocolate covered nuts this week and bit on the side of my fractured crown so I have been dealing with a mild toothache for 2 days.:grumble: My appt is next month so hopefully I can last that long.:ohwell: Lucky you on the crown, I was hoping my issue was fixable but not this time.:laugh:

Laurel- Snowflakes already!:noway: Our weather here is mid-80's with cool morning temps which I absolutely love.:love: Unfortunately my soup was not made, at least not yet because in my haste to make multiple dishes I grilled those breasts and used a bbq sauce so then I could not use them in my soup and could not thaw out another pack that late.:blushing: I plan to try again this weekend.:bigsmile: Thanks for the review this one sounds good without a dread factor.:wink:

Jessica- No, we opted for Vin diesel's Sci-fi as I wanted to feel cheered up not sad with Gravity or our other pick Capt Philips, truthfully we decided to see something since the kids were not there & we wanted some quality time together sans kids.:laugh: Gravity is doing great at the box office but I'm not sure if the concept appeals to me although Sandra Bullock usually selects good scripts. Congrats on Butts & Guts.:wink:

Back to work!
    Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I started with Flex Train. The first time I did this workout, I had already worked my upper body that day, so it felt tough! Today I matched all of Cathe's weights without a problem. This isn't a workout meant to make you feel 'pumped', but I must say I feel some fatigue in my muscles, so it is a good endurance workout. I think, like the leg workouts, it is a great addition at the end of a 'heavy' strength week, but I think I might be underwhelmed if I were relying on this to build significant strength. One thing that crossed my mind yesterday as I did the leg workout and Cathe mentioned something about 'aging gracefully' is that these types of workouts are more joint friendly. Seeing as Cathe is about a year older than me, I do kind of understand her new approach. I'm just not quite ready to give up my other approach quite yet though! :blushing: Anyhow, I followed it with my Hard Strike/Rockout Knockout cardio combo! :heart: Way too much fun!!

Tami, I am really curious how you like the new workouts. They feel significantly different when done along with STS, but I am really thinking the variation may not be a completely bad thing. It is just going to take some getting used to. Yeah, that trip up the waterfall was a turning point. In fact, the first photo I posted of myself on this site came from it, and I used a similar photo for my 'Success Story' on Cathe's site. I never would have dreamed of posting a photo of myself on the Internet before then!!! I feel like a completely different person to the one I was 5 years ago, and that's a good thing!!

Michelle, sorry to hear the work schedule is throwing off your workouts a bit. But it sounds like you are still getting some good workouts in! Don't you just hate it when you have something in mind for dinner and don't have all the parts right? Always frustrates me. Of course, last night I made Ziti, and the glass inside my oven door cracked as I was taking it out! :noway: First time I've had that happen. Thankfully we found a replacement window on the Internet. At least the Ziti was good, but I was a bit flustered by the shattered glass!!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great workouts day! :bigsmile: Cathe’s Legs & Glutes workout, I did the x-treme premix and then at lunch I went to Insane-Abs! Love that class and really trying to get back into going each week. Just make it my Thursday lunch appt. Headed after work to get my hair prettied :flowerforyou:

Michelle: Sorry about your work schedule throwing off your workouts this week!:frown: Hopefully next week you can get back into your classes if you want. Nice job getting in what you can though. I’m sorry to hear about the fractured crown now in addition to your other pending procedure.:grumble: I wasn’t trying to rub it in :embarassed: It was just a huge relief as you understand. I don’t have dental insurance so the co$t is frightening :huh: Even just my 25 min in the chair the other day was $180! But again, I’m thankful … it could have been worse.

Laurel: Flex Train sounds like it might be similar to Supercuts maybe? I have noticed her mention of joint friendly options in LIS and also I think in some XT workouts. So it does make sense that she is gearing that direction with these new ones as well. I’m with you on not wanting to give up intensity until I have too. :wink: In fact volleyball league starts up on Oct 27th. We are still playing in the upper league with all the "young ones" :bigsmile: Good to know they will be good add-on type workouts with STS or additions! :smile: Another congrats on how far you’ve come …… I’m sure if someone would have asked you 6 years ago if you would be interested in working out for 2+ hours a day you would have looked at them like :noway:
    Yikes on the glass door cracking ~ I would have been a little frazzled too. Yum on the Ziti

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today I did Cathe's X10 77 minute premix. This is the premix that combines all of the sections of her new X10 workouts into one workout. Oh. My. It was tough!! I got through it all, but this is definitely one for a high energy day. Four of the five cardio sections include some weight work, and I was a bit surprised how I was feeling it in my arms by the end. It was good stuff. This was, by a very wide margin, the toughest workout in her new series. I followed it with Kari Anderson's Angles, Lines and Curves which was a wonderful and relaxing way to end the week and STS Mesocycle 1!! :drinker:

Tami, great job with that Legs and Glutes premix. That is a good one, without a doubt. Surprisingly, Flex Train isn't like Supercuts, and I thought it would be. It is structured more like High Reps or Power Hour, but includes more compound exercises (like squats and overhead presses), higher reps and lighter weights. It is a very different workout. I am not sure how,I feel about it, to be honest. I need to do it a few more times to figure it out. I do think it will be excellent in shocking the body when bumped up against those Meso 3 workouts. I always lose some endurance during Meso 3, and I think doing something as endurance-based as Flex Train would certainly help prevent that. Definitely surprise myself with my workouts these days. In fact, when I was doing the Angles, Lines and Curves workout this morning, I was thinking about the first time I tried that workout. It was back in 2001, and I was recovering from a back injury. I couldn't hold a single plank. :blushing: Not one. In fact, I couldn't imagine ever being able to do that workout. Now I do it for relaxation. :laugh:

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • Petjen16
    Petjen16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya ladies. :flowerforyou:

I don't get to get in the "community" often. I'm studying for an upcoming exam. :yawn:

Anyhoo, I was wondering how you ladies entered Cathe's TurboBarre workout into the Exercise Database? I don't know what to log it in as. :embarassed: It's not cardio, it's not weights. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jennie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Yesterday marked the start of STS Meso 2. I did Disk 13/Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by XTrain Tabatacise. Today was Disk 14/Legs followed by Kick Max and the core from High Reps. Love being back to Meso 2. I love these workouts, and they make me feel so strong!

Jennie, I am, unfortunately, of no help as I don't put my exercise into the program on MFP. I looked around a bit in the section to see if I could come up with a suggestion, but I couldn't find anything. I'm sorry! :blushing: Hopefully somebody else can help you.

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies :smile: I had a nice weekend, seemed to fly right by as they all do. Still having the amazing sunny days and cold nights. Saturday I took as a REST day and battled with myself all day about it :blushing: :laugh: Wanting to get in one of the new workouts, should I should I not, but I stuck to a complete REST day other than a dog walk. Yesterday started my Rest/Recovery Week and I did Cathe’s new Flex Train workout. I think Laurel had mentioned this too but I was surprised at how light the weights were:huh: I put a note on my DVD case saying “Go Heavier on all” Today will be BootCamp after work!

Laurel: Very nice job with the workouts! :bigsmile: Loved how you ended last week with Angles/Lines/Curves. I wondered about X10 – 77 min premix and how that is. :wink: It does look tough when I previewed it online. That’s on the top of my stack to try. So will definitely do that this week! I decided to go ahead and take this week to try out some of her new ones and get in a total body, leg & upper body workout as well. Not really “rest” but I would feel OFF if I didn’t just keep going at the workouts as usual. My normal approach to the “Rest/Recovery” week. . . Quite honestly, I get a little stir crazy during this week and I should have maybe just continued on but the temptation of trying these new workouts made me take the time. Now reading your comments again about Flex Train I can see why you say, not sure how you feel about it. I think it would be a great addition to something else or on those days you want to go lighter. I think adding on some weight will help too. The ab portion was good. Sounds like I will probably be feeling that way about each workout that requires weights. :ohwell: Congrats on starting up Meso 2!!! Fantastic combos yesterday and again today :drinker:

Jennie: I pretty much enter every workout under cardio, since it has a spot for what the exercise is, time and cals burned. Since those are the basics of what I need I do it that way. Short & sweet :wink: I create my own workout a lot over the years as I get new dvd’s/ workouts but that’s how I do it!

Hope you all had great weekends! Talk to you tomorrow . . . Tami
  • JessicaBR13
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I haven't checked in, in a while, but I've been working out. I have been sticking to Butts and Guts. My other body parts need work too, but for some reason I am addicted to this one. I am determined to finish this workout, but I can't seem to get past 30 min.:sad: I also tried Hardcore Extreme this past weekend. It was too "dancy" for me and I couldn't keep up. I have no rhythm. :blushing: :laugh:

Laurel- Great work! Sounds like you are having a great time with those workouts!:flowerforyou:

Tami- You are such a hard worker! That's funny that the rest day was so hard for you. :laugh: It just shows how healthy and in shape you are. My bf is the same way! :flowerforyou:

Good night ladies!

Jessica
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was a bit of a disjointed workout for me. I was up early to do my cardio, which was Cathe's IMAX Xtreme from her Terminator DVD. I had to run out for a meeting, and my plan was to do yoga when I got back. But it was a frustrating meeting, and I definitely wasn't in a yoga mood when I got home. :grumble: So I did MMA Fusion. Not my favorite workout, but it was a good choice today as it worked off some frustration without over-working me given the tough cardio earlier in the morning. So....good stuff.

Tami, I hear you on Flex Train. I think you will feel similarly about the leg workouts. I plan on doing Great Glutes on Thursday again, but I also plan on doing something like STS Total Body on Friday to hit those legs again. It isn't that they are bad workouts, but I just don't feel they are 'complete' workouts, if that makes sense. I am anxious to hear some more of your thoughts. I think your plan for your 'rest' week is perfect with these new workouts. I can't take a complete week of stretching and yoga either, so you know I'd be doing something similar this week. :tongue:

Jessica, glad you are enjoying Butts and Guts! Keep at it. If you find yourself stopping at the same time each workout, one way of getting through that is to take a break there or a little earlier even, and then just trying the next exercise (the one after you normally stop) even if only for a few reps or with no weight. There is no harm in breaks in a workout like that, so take them if it helps you a bit. I've had to do that with a number of workouts, and it helped a lot to just 'try' the exercise. And pretty soon I was 'doing' the exercise.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies Today I opted for KCM Circuit Burn, which I haven’t done in quite a while. It was a lot of fun and always a good variety + the punching drills in it are all really good :wink: Tonight will be Insane X.

Jessica: Great job being persistent with B&G! :drinker: You will get past that 30 min mark soon and be so proud of yourself! Laurel gave you great advice on that one. It’s ok to hit the “pause” button, catch your breath a bit and then maybe put in 5-10 more minutes. Eventually you will be at the end, a great way to add on without killing yourself. You don’t want it to be the DREAD factor workout. :wink: I’m with you on the too dancy or too much footwork! :noway: HC Xtreme is one I struggle with on the choreography. It has been a long time since I’ve done it (partially for that reason) but yes, I found myself wondering:huh: so don’t worry, you're not the only one! Some days I pick it up better than others but if I don’t get it, I usually move on to a different workout as to not frustrate myself too much :wink:

Laurel: Way to work off some of that frustration!:bigsmile: Yoga would not have been my choice either ……:laugh: Thanks for your feedback on my REST week ideas and I know forsure your rest weeks are usually game on – full on!! So I know you get it. I know what you are saying when you say feels “incomplete” . . . kind of like the XT Legs workout did to me. Planning on doing X10 tomorrow and I have one of her new leg workouts planned for Thursday as well (imagine that) the x-treme premix, we may be doing the same workout that day again.

Hello Michelle & Erika – Hope you are both doing well! :flowerforyou:

• bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I decided to come in early since I'm unable to while working on this project. I'm not sure if they added a failsafe to prevent roaming but whenever I attempt to venture out on websites it tends to act kooky.:huh: Anyway busy weekend as the eldest was at Auburn for swim meets, she actually won her least favorite 100m Backstroke so that was exciting. While hubby was up there with her, the youngest was doing her social outings with birthday parties and then I also worked for a few hours too. Between the 5am wake up to cook breakfast before hubby drove the 1.5 hours to Auburn, our bodies are still playing catch up.:yawn: Monday was MM and the instructor whose twin boys play HS football was very frustrated about something and boy did she take it out on us.:noway: It was nonstop squatting, squat jumps, toe taps, more barbell squats and she was in her Drill Sgt mode.:bigsmile: At one point she mentioned "throwing up" and then she said this was to help with the Halloween foods we would eat.:laugh: She ended her session with 101 push-ups and said she felt better after that!:grumble: Needless to say there is some upper body DOMS.:bigsmile: Today is F.I.T with a different instructor who is very high energy so this will be interesting as I missed last week due to work.

Tami- I'm glad you took your rest day and I'm sure your body and muscles appreciates it too.:wink::laugh: Cool mornings here too and I actually turned on the heat today for hubby who is always cold. I love this weather!:love:

Laurel- Yoga may of helped you mentally but MMA boxing probably would of worked off that frustration.:laugh: The sad truth is MMA Fusion is not one of my favorites in that series either.

Jessica- Continue to push through that dvd and right before the 30min mark set up your favorite music and use that to add 10 more mins, by the end of the month you will conquer "the beast" of Butts & Guts.:wink::laugh:

Ok ladies time to get out the door and get to F.I.T & Zumba:heart:

Good Morning Erika & Laurie:flowerforyou:

Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
    Michelle