rejected by online soulmate b/c of weight

Options

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    lmfao, your dating a ton of desperate men, or they are ALL coming from tinder. the rule of three is a sacred cree to seperate the alpha's from the shemen. Its a sign that we truly are hardly invested, and def not desperate.

Wrong. It's a sign of being a real man who knows what he wants and goes after it, stupid games be damned.
    Plus, you'd be impressed I call period.. so many chicks compliment me on calling after I get their number... all my male friends txt first... the bottom feeders your dealing with.. now that is being a big kitty kat.

If you're dating girls that are simply impressed by your ability to pick up a telephone and dial a number, then they are sorely lacking experience with a real gentleman.

"who know's what he wants and goes after it?" news flash.. all guys want poon, and all guys would be willing to jump into a relationship if the other individual/partner.. utensil ;P was spectacular. the difference is some guys run after it, and some guys like me are blessed with the law of least effort.. and look it up its actually a legit thing.. we don't need to go get what we want because we are so studly it comes to us... now granted, occasionally I have to ask for a chicks number, but from after that she does all the work in anything getting anywhere.

as for being a real gentleman.. some days I wake up rocking the monocle, cane, top hat, my fav black suit before leaving the door... and sometimes on forums I play devils advocate and just talk meat and bones while being witty... when I'm dating a lady legit, I treat her like a lady. Calling immediately is a boys maneuver, real men wait three days.. part of the reason is I like to sit down and put all the numbers into my phone at once that ive collected over the past couple days, but part of it is because it gets the chick also flustered wondering if I will call or not period.

believe me. the three day rule is a real thing, and the law of least effort is what enables a nitwit like me to date foreign ladies and models and not stuck with what I used to date... dating is a game and once you realize thats all it is it gets a whole lot easier to play, and way less of a chance of disappointment or hurt. embrace the game! XD
    lololololol

:laugh:

NO.

(I srsly hope you are kidding. And if you are not, wonder how long it will take before you realize how silly this is.)
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    just a thought here but...maybe hes not your "soulmate" if he cannot accept you as you are.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    "Hi, I have been talking to this girl for several months and we were really falling for her. She was funny, engaging, and lead an active lifestyle. She recently moved and I started pressing to meet in person. She was really hesitant and told me she didn't want to because she recently got sick and gained a few pounds. Based on some older photos she sent, I decided that a few pounds didn't matter and set up the meeting anyway.

Well, when I got there, 'a few pounds' was really 60 and I was starting to doubt that this was recent as it's nearly impossible to gain weight that quickly, but I tried moving past it since we have such a great connection. A few hours passed and I kept thinking back to it and I just couldn't let it go. I tried making an excuse so I could go home and think things over but she kept asking what was wrong. I decided to be upfront with her and she started crying. I care for her so I spent the next two hours holding her and saying things will be ok, but I'm not sure they will be."

Yeah, I'm thinking this is pretty much spot on.

OP said in the beginning she was fit, confident, etc. Then she moved. Then she got sick and gained weight. She also said that she shared a lot of deep personal stuff w/ this guy. All of these things, IMO, came too early in the process of them getting to know one another. You're not going to pique or keep a guy's interest in the beginning with heavy stuff like that. Then she started questioning him when she sensed something was off, asking if it was her weight. Then...2 hours of crying - that alone would scare anyone off, I would think. I understand she was upset and confused but as another poster said, sometimes we women use that to try to manipulate a situation.

What I still can't figure out is why he said he loved her when they first got together, then later said "I think I can love you".

My working theory is she surprised him with an "I LOVE YOU!" and he knee-jerk responded in kind.

Just a theory though.

yeah I seriously don't think chicks think clearly about dropping those love bombs... it reminds me of a few weeks ago.. I was super funny and witty on tinder with a chick, got her number, call her and am being mr. glib.. and she says "I love you" ... so a date I was excited and looking forward to suddenly didn't happen and I promptly hung up and muted her over fb and ignored the desperate txt.. Girls should have a dumb rule that they never are allowed to say "I love you" first, just like us guys always uphold the dumb rule of never calling within three days of getting out of our comfort zone to ask for the digits.

Guys can prematurely drop the 'love bomb' as well. It's an awkward situation when it's only been a short time and it sends up HUGE red flags.

Yeah...I'd be leery of any man who dropped his love bomb prematurely!

tumblr_lnqt9g9SAp1qlvf9ho1_500_zps69864f3b.jpg

...as long as they excel in other areas... meh.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

"who know's what he wants and goes after it?" news flash.. all guys want poon, and all guys would be willing to jump into a relationship if the other individual/partner.. utensil ;P was spectacular. the difference is some guys run after it, and some guys like me are blessed with the law of least effort.. and look it up its actually a legit thing.. we don't need to go get what we want because we are so studly it comes to us... now granted, occasionally I have to ask for a chicks number, but from after that she does all the work in anything getting anywhere.

as for being a real gentleman.. some days I wake up rocking the monocle, cane, top hat, my fav black suit before leaving the door... and sometimes on forums I play devils advocate and just talk meat and bones while being witty... when I'm dating a lady legit, I treat her like a lady. Calling immediately is a boys maneuver, real men wait three days.. part of the reason is I like to sit down and put all the numbers into my phone at once that ive collected over the past couple days, but part of it is because it gets the chick also flustered wondering if I will call or not period.

believe me. the three day rule is a real thing, and the law of least effort is what enables a nitwit like me to date foreign ladies and models and not stuck with what I used to date... dating is a game and once you realize thats all it is it gets a whole lot easier to play, and way less of a chance of disappointment or hurt. embrace the game! XD

Or maybe, just maybe, those chicks aren't thinking about you at all. Perhaps they are out with real men, enjoying the fact that they haven't heard from you?
    You're cute. I'm sure you'll figure out when you grow up :flowerforyou:
  • jessicahouse940
    Options
    1st thing you should do if you're interested with someone online is to video chat. Get it out of the way to see if they're really interested or not. Don't beat yourself up, he was probably married or in a relationship anyway. If a man really wants to meet you they will make it happen, not wait months and months. Don't let this rejection affect your health or motivation. Chin up girl, there is a perfect man out there for you just be patient.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "Hi, I have been talking to this girl for several months and we were really falling for her. She was funny, engaging, and lead an active lifestyle. She recently moved and I started pressing to meet in person. She was really hesitant and told me she didn't want to because she recently got sick and gained a few pounds. Based on some older photos she sent, I decided that a few pounds didn't matter and set up the meeting anyway.

Well, when I got there, 'a few pounds' was really 60 and I was starting to doubt that this was recent as it's nearly impossible to gain weight that quickly, but I tried moving past it since we have such a great connection. A few hours passed and I kept thinking back to it and I just couldn't let it go. I tried making an excuse so I could go home and think things over but she kept asking what was wrong. I decided to be upfront with her and she started crying. I care for her so I spent the next two hours holding her and saying things will be ok, but I'm not sure they will be."

OP said in the beginning she was fit, confident, etc. Then she moved. Then she got sick and gained weight. She also said that she shared a lot of deep personal stuff w/ this guy. All of these things, IMO, came too early in the process of them getting to know one another. You're not going to pique or keep a guy's interest in the beginning with heavy stuff like that. Then she started questioning him when she sensed something was off, asking if it was her weight. Then...2 hours of crying - that alone would scare anyone off, I would think. I understand she was upset and confused but as another poster said, sometimes we women use that to try to manipulate a situation.

What I still can't figure out is why he said he loved her when they first got together, then later said "I think I can love you".

My working theory is she surprised him with an "I LOVE YOU!" and he knee-jerk responded in kind.

Just a theory though.

yeah I seriously don't think chicks think clearly about dropping those love bombs... it reminds me of a few weeks ago.. I was super funny and witty on tinder with a chick, got her number, call her and am being mr. glib.. and she says "I love you" ... so a date I was excited and looking forward to suddenly didn't happen and I promptly hung up and muted her over fb and ignored the desperate txt.. Girls should have a dumb rule that they never are allowed to say "I love you" first, just like us guys always uphold the dumb rule of never calling within three days of getting out of our comfort zone to ask for the digits.

Guys can prematurely drop the 'love bomb' as well. It's an awkward situation when it's only been a short time and it sends up HUGE red flags.

Hey!

This occasionally happens to all guys!

:grumble:

Besides, I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately...

...and I've been stressed at work.

ETA: Oh, whoops. Misread that.

Never mind.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

Move along.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

How do you feel about designer clothing, and perfume? Do you enjoy lunch shops, and Beagles? Do you live in China?

I may have the girl for you!

A wine tasting would be a excellent first date.

my thoughts exactly
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Not to kick you while you are down and I didn't read all the responses but where you honest with him? I mean you kept making excuses to not meet him but did you tell him you had gained weight? Because that is a pretty big thing to not mention and it's also a pretty hard thing to hide.

Being 100% honest when you are are in love with someone online is a pretty big thing, I mean they trust you are telling them the truth and then find out you aren't that would be enough for me to tuck tail and run. If you didn't tell the truth about your weight, what else did you hide?

I think you need to do some real soul searching and figure yourself out before you worry about someone else, and in the event that you meet a new guy online or this whatever it is works out.... be honest, don't hide things, because it will ALWAYS come back to bite you on the *kitten*.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

How do you feel about designer clothing, and perfume? Do you enjoy lunch shops, and Beagles? Do you live in China?

I may have the girl for you!

A wine tasting would be a excellent first date.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

Just a theory though.

Hey!

This occasionally happens to all guys!

:grumble:

Besides, I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately...

...and I've been stressed at work.

Fine...I will forgive you. Just make sure you don't fall asleep next time m'kay?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Am I a bottom feeder because I prefer texting to phone calls?

nope, I could have worded that better.

but if you want to tease her kitty as quickly as possible- call.

I take my time getting to that place.

Trust me when I say it is worth it.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me feel like I am more charming than what I give myself credit for.

This thread is making me thankful a million times over that I'm married. Single ladies, I am so sorry. I don't remember it being quite this douchey when I was out there. :flowerforyou:
  • kclynn7
    kclynn7 Posts: 71
    Options
    I haven't read through all of these replies so forgive me if I am just repeating what everyone else says - the first thing you need to do is to stop talking to him. You are only hurting yourself even more by continuing to hold out hope that if you change he will love you again. You shouldn't have to change yourself for anyone. He is an a**. Please only change yourself for one person - you. My husband has gained weight since I first met him and I love him just the same. I have had two c section and still losing the weight and he loves me just the same. This guy does not deserve your love, or your friendship. And even though the last thing you want to hear is that there are other guys out there and to give it time - that is 100% true. You will find someone that will love you for you. Big hugs.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I love how this guy is being demonized for not being attracted to her, lol.
    If she wasn't being honest with him, he doesn't deserve to be demonized. On the other hand, don't tell somebody you would love them no matter what if that is complete BS.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    just like us guys always uphold the dumb rule of never calling within three days of getting out of our comfort zone to ask for the digits.

If a guy took three days to contact me after I gave him my number, I was assume he's a big pu$$y and that would be the end of that.

Agreed. The "three day rule" game playing crap isn't cute beyond high school. Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • fitnessqueen91
    fitnessqueen91 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    lmfao, your dating a ton of desperate men, or they are ALL coming from tinder. the rule of three is a sacred cree to seperate the alpha's from the shemen. Its a sign that we truly are hardly invested, and def not desperate.

Wrong. It's a sign of being a real man who knows what he wants and goes after it, stupid games be damned.
    Plus, you'd be impressed I call period.. so many chicks compliment me on calling after I get their number... all my male friends txt first... the bottom feeders your dealing with.. now that is being a big kitty kat.

If you're dating girls that are simply impressed by your ability to pick up a telephone and dial a number, then they are sorely lacking experience with a real gentleman.

Game playing is just stupid and if you really like somebody why give a *kitten* about the stupid rules? If a guy texted me after three days, I'd be like no sorry, I don't play games, you missed the boat now go away. Children play games, grown ups dont have time for silly games. It seems like you don't really respect women very much which is sad to hear. Women don't like bad boys, we just want to get treated nice.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

ff79047f-e656-4744-9f57-73b50cfa3bf0_zpsd5efbe44.jpg

I can't hep but think of Tucker Max each time I read your posts. It's like reading excerpts right out of, "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell".
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Am I a bottom feeder because I prefer texting to phone calls?

nope, I could have worded that better.

but if you want to tease her kitty as quickly as possible- call.

You are incredibly disgusting. It's really sad that women have low enough self esteem to put up with the likes of you. Even worse, the douchebaggery that you've exhibited in this thread today is becoming more of a social norm. You could help end the cycle instead of preying on women, but you know, that would make you a gentleman which is something you will never be.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me feel like I am more charming than what I give myself credit for.

This thread is making me thankful a million times over that I'm married. Single ladies, I am so sorry. I don't remember it being quite this douchey when I was out there. :flowerforyou:

It is tough out there for guys too.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

It is tough out there for guys too.

I know, but for guys it's less about it being douchey out there and more about it being batsh*t crazy. Which is why I have one of these for all the guys: :drinker: