• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I like getting flirty messages. :)

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Normally when someone hits on me I hit them back. That's just how I was raised.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    There is a tactful way to do it.

Most people, especially around here don't know that way...

It involves the combination of humor and intelligence.

Which most people around here are lacking.

How YOU doin??
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I had no idea. A friend of mine had a code word/phrase we agreed on, so she could help me out if she saw someone who was digging me. It kinda helped when we were sober enough to remember it.

Other times I have wrongly assumed nice guys who were in fact flirting with me, are gay and friendly.

Bloody hopeless.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    There is a tactful way to do it.

Most people, especially around here don't know that way...

It involves the combination of humor and intelligence.

Which most people around here are lacking.

How YOU doin??

friends-o.gif
  • 1990Vmax
    1990Vmax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I suppose it can get old, looking at you, very pretty, not to flirt. I am old, have been through some things like Gullain-Barre syndrome so I had a little paralysis on the left side my face. I work out, and watch what I eat so I am doing good considering. You have a high class problem. I understand what you are saying though. Gratitude may be practiced. I wish I had your problem. I can't think of the last time that has happened to me, ohhh, about 35 years ago. Just think of a smooth way but not mean, start talking about how your kids were funny today, implicating marriage or a boyfriend. It is a skill that can be developed. Sometimes over the top stuff is just plain rude, feel free to speak your mind in that case. Guys like that are probably too stupid to figure anything else out (sarcasms etc…). You’ll do fine, have a little light fun with it. I see it sometimes at the YMCA, and there is a nice classy way, and bad way. The bad way even turns me off just seeing it. So I do hear you. Take care, From an old fat ugly dog in the Y gym.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I mean more the obvious like " I want in your pants" flirting...
    But yeah there are the other flirters who mean no harm and just can't help themselves

But they don't bother me :)

That is one reason I don't friend men on any of the sites I'm on! You can also if you care to report it to MFP as sexual harassment! This isn't a dating site! LOL! You don't have to put up with this and you shouldn't. I personally would report it!

I'd hate to be the dude unlucky enough to hit on you in a bar. "Yes, officer, he offered to buy me a DRINK! Arrest his skeezy, harassing behind!"
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    ^ LOL

when I first made comments in the forums I thought it was fun... until I realized 3/4's of the people on here are married or at least have a significant other! The single vs. married/ s/o perspectives are still amusing enough though to come in and have a look around, LOL
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Really depends. Creepy mfp message? Go F yourself. At the gym, which I consider my church, also, go f yourself. Harmless, charming flirting in a public place? Fine. Here's the grey area for me: getting hit on in bars or clubs. Usually the guy is much younger and I adore the flattery but then hate having to tell the dude I'm old. :(
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I mean more the obvious like " I want in your pants" flirting...
    But yeah there are the other flirters who mean no harm and just can't help themselves

But they don't bother me :)

That is one reason I don't friend men on any of the sites I'm on! You can also if you care to report it to MFP as sexual harassment! This isn't a dating site! LOL! You don't have to put up with this and you shouldn't. I personally would report it!

Yes, don't friend us. We're all alike. In fact, if we friend request you should report us.......
  • DOM4U
    DOM4U Posts: 239
    Options
    I like getting flirty messages. :)

Opps. Sorry
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    In the gym yes (last place I want to mingle n chat) and of course... Outside of the gym not even once...
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    there is a difference between flirting and being nice
  • DOM4U
    DOM4U Posts: 239
    Options
    In the gym yes (last place I want to mingle n chat) and of course... Outside of the gym not even once...

Nice abbs

FYI im not flirting ;)
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    Really depends. Creepy mfp message? Go F yourself. At the gym, which I consider my church, also, go f yourself. Harmless, charming flirting in a public place? Fine. Here's the grey area for me: getting hit on in bars or clubs. Usually the guy is much younger and I adore the flattery but then hate having to tell the dude I'm old. :(

WTF! old? I'm older than you and I'm in my prime
  • _Dhiraj_
    _Dhiraj_ Posts: 63
    Options
    I used to send flirty msgs a lot......
    but I now realised dat flirting online is a pure time waste...
    so no more flirting......
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it as long as it's not rude or crude. I haven't felt pretty in quite some time so having someone flirt isn't the WORST thing that could happen. ;)
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Nice abbs

FYI im not flirting ;)

Seriously. His abs are amazing. And I may have been flirting. :) Too much?
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Wow there are some uptight people on this thread. Come on it's just online banter/fun. If you're not a fan of flirty PM's then don't go on the forums period! :indifferent:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Wow there are some uptight people on this thread. Come on it's just online banter/fun. If you're not a fan of flirty PM's then don't go on the forums period! :indifferent:

this :)