BeachBody Faithful

Options

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a popular topic. OK here's my story. Feb of 2008 I became a coach, for the sole purpose of getting 25% of P90X. I completed only two months of it back then (I was probably 270 pounds at the time) and I did not listen to my body very well. I have since completed Slim in 6, then 10 Minute Trainer, then ChaLEAN Extreme, then P90X and then finally Insanity. I am now currently doing a hybrid of P90X and Couch to 5k.

The supplements I have used are as follows, 2-day fast (not a big fan of it). Currently using P90X Multivitamin, Shakeology, P90X Results and Recovery Shake and P90X Protein Bars. My wife is using Shakeology, Core Pack, P90X Protein Bars and P90X Results and Recovery Shake.

I am now a solid Emerald Coach, making some money, but not tons. Pretty much covering my expenses though. However because of Beachbody I have discovered a passion for health and fitness. So that fact that I get to help people get in the best shape of their lives is a complete blessing. The money is just a bonus.

Thanks for starting this topic.

All the best,
    Stu
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I love this thread!!!!

I'm doing INSANITY right now. I completed BBL and loved it. But I'm soo into Shaun T and the intesity of these workout. I'm probably going to do another round. But I also really wanna try REV ABS cause I love the capoeira and martial arts moves that it has.

Brett Hoebel the trainer from Rev Abs, is one of the new mystery trainers on The Biggest Loser! How good is Beachbody?!?!?!
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are on day 121 of our BB programs. Have graduated from Power90 program and jumped right into P90X Lean. So far so good, love the programs, sticking with the clean eating and seeing some good results.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I love Beachbody. I have done Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, Slim Series but only for a couple of weeks and about to start ChaLEan Extreme. The only shame is that they are so hard to get in the UK....

They are great programs!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I started with Slim in 6 after my son was born 5 years ago and wore TWO sets of them out. Seriously! Now I'm doing Turbo FIre which I love! When I reach my goal weight I'm moving on to Chalene Extreme or a hybrid of that and Turbo Fire!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started with Slim in 6 after my son was born 5 years ago and wore TWO sets of them out. Seriously! Now I'm doing Turbo FIre which I love! When I reach my goal weight I'm moving on to Chalene Extreme or a hybrid of that and Turbo Fire!

Wearing the CD's out???? Now that is hardcore. Good for you.

I did Core Synergistics this morning. Haven't done this workout in a while. It was fun to hear Tony saying, "superman, banana, superman....." My plan is to get in a short run at lunch as well.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Ours is definitely a Beachbody home! My daughter has done Hip Hop Abs, I've done Turbo Jam, we've both done Insanity and ChaLEAN Extreme (I am on my 3rd round and my daughter is on her 2nd round). We also have P90X and have subbed in the cardio, yoga and ab/core workouts from it many, many times! Tony can be a bit goofy and Shaun T is just a cutie, but our fave coach is Chalene she is so motivating - I love it when she says, "get up! you're not tired!" and my daughter will argue back at the TV! Turbo Fire is definitely next on our list, but my daughter wants to get through a ChaLEAN/Insanity hybrid first - that's her plan for looking killer in her Prom Dress, so we've been referring to our workouts as Prom Time! :laugh:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

I did Core Synergistics this morning. Haven't done this workout in a while. It was fun to hear Tony saying, "superman, banana, superman....." My plan is to get in a short run at lunch as well.

Well the first set was VHS (does anyone remember VHS...rofl), that's not hard to do...lol!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Well the first set was VHS (does anyone remember VHS...rofl), that's not hard to do...lol!

VHS??? Hell, I remember 8-Tracks (barely, but I remember them). :noway:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Ours is definitely a Beachbody home! My daughter has done Hip Hop Abs, I've done Turbo Jam, we've both done Insanity and ChaLEAN Extreme (I am on my 3rd round and my daughter is on her 2nd round). We also have P90X and have subbed in the cardio, yoga and ab/core workouts from it many, many times! Tony can be a bit goofy and Shaun T is just a cutie, but our fave coach is Chalene she is so motivating - I love it when she says, "get up! you're not tired!" and my daughter will argue back at the TV! Turbo Fire is definitely next on our list, but my daughter wants to get through a ChaLEAN/Insanity hybrid first - that's her plan for looking killer in her Prom Dress, so we've been referring to our workouts as Prom Time! :laugh:

That is awesome that she is already got that focus and has a prom goal. She's not simply trying to eat 100 calories a day to fit into a prom dress, she's getting fit. You got to share it with us when prom comes up.

We are a Beachbody household too. My kids (now 12 and 13) have done Shaun T's kids workout. It didn't impress them much, so we got them Power 90 before summer started. They got through levels 1 and 2 of Power 90 and now are on level 3. Both of them are improving in gym classes this year. We also have the old Hip Hop Abs, P90X and Insanity. Next purchase this month will be Turbo Fire.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 of a new P90X/Insanity hybrid. Have completed 4 rounds of P90X and one P90X/Insanity hybrid.

I have two different hybrids scheduled for the first half of this year with a 3rd mass hybrid scheduled for later in the year. The 3rd hybrid may be subject to tweaking depending on when Insanity Asylum and P90X (MC2) are released.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Oh I am a BB Fan too... anyone who has pushed play and completed a BB program can't not like them (IMO)

I did one round of P90X, followed by a four month break to build a house, followed by Insanity and back onto P90X (since I had the best results with the X) and am going to be starting doubles and including TurboFire into the schedule at lunch hour :)

Oh yeah, I am hooked!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    After 4 years of Turbo Jam I joined a gym Dec 31. I got a great deal ($99 yr) and I wanted to get out of the house at night. Going to my freezing bsmt in the winter with the option to quit and say no b/c my lovely TV where I could cuddle up with a blanked was so close by was too tempting plus I need to burn more cals and therefore only the 50 min Punch Kick Jam did it for me so abandoning all other videos make it too repetitive.

Luckily however I still have it b/c last night was a crazy blizzard so I broke my 6 day gym streak doing 55 min of the elliptical since it took 2 hours to get home from work. With the lack of time and disastrous roads I did 20 min TJ to burn 150 cals and never ate the ice cream I wanted to pick up since it was free (Marble Slab free coupon on your b-day) and was still under my calorie goal.

TURBO JAM FOREVER - rest in Pease ;)
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I finished my first round of Turbo Fire right before Christmas and am doing an Insanity/Turbo Fire hybrid for the month of January. I plan to move on to Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme in February so I can start working on muscle definition. I'm a BB junkie....in the past I've done P90, P90 Master Series, Insanity, RevAbs, Turbo Jam, and Chalean Extreme. My all time favorite program is Turbo Fire because it gave me the best weight loss results and I looked forward to pressing play every day.

I also take the BB Activit multivitamins, Slimming Formula (green tea and pyruvate), and Shakeology. I've lost 43 lbs since starting BB programs and have kept the weight off for 5 years. The stuff works if you put the effort in.

Sharon
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    Nice to see so many people faithful to the BB programs. Today for me is Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs but I might swap it with my Sunday (rest but really get on the elliptical day) since I have a show I am dying to watch.

Glad to see the progress people have made with the programs, esp the long time BB fans. =)
  • dctucker
    dctucker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 of P90X today, (sort of, I'm working out with a coach who doesn't like/won't do the Yoga X) 5 AM, 5 days a week. Was doing Kenpo, Plyo, some Ab Ripper and Tony 1 on 1 with him for ~2 months, 3X/week to get ready for the X. Tomorrow I pick up a set of 50 lb PowerBlock dumbells I found on Craig's List for only $150 -Very Psyched to have my own weights for next week, and the BB pushup bars will arrive at the end of the week too.

It's amazing what I can see happening after the cardio intro and just 1 week of P90X: where the muscles are and will be, the love handles shrinking. I've lost just 8 pounds, 3 of those this week alone. I wish I had done body fat % calipers before starting the cardio. Last week before starting the X I was 25%, which is just downright scary. I can see that I'm building a bunch of muscle and dropping the fat. I'm looking forward to that being lower at 30, 60 and 90 days! Just starting to get into the nutrition plan, though I've been logging everything I eat, cutting down fat intake and increasing protein.

BRINGING IT!
  • Finishing week 1 of P90X today (Stretch today) and I actually look forward to these workouts now!
  • foyboy
    foyboy Posts: 49
    Options
    Finishing first week of round 2 . . . legs and back today, and ab ripper - oofa!

Is anyone on Shakeology, and how long have you been on it?

Just started that as well . . .
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Finishing first week of round 2 . . . legs and back today, and ab ripper - oofa!

Is anyone on Shakeology, and how long have you been on it?

Just started that as well . . .

Both my wife and I drink Shakeology. Have been from the time it came out. My kids even drink it from time to time. Love the stuff!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Shakeology for about 2 months. I've noticed increased energy and regularity. I love that I can toss it in my Magic Bullet and be out the door quicker in the mornings :)