• yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Bump

Deb A in CNY
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I didn't do very well in keeping up with this thread last month, but accomplished some goals. Unfortunately, I don't remember my list. ;-(

So here are my June goals:
    Post in this thread every day
    Body Pump-2x's week
    Shred and Abs 1x week
    Cardio three times a week (Zumba and Kickboxing)
    8+ glasses of water daily
    Zumba Training for certificate June 8
    Catch up to weekly study guides for ACE group fitness instructor certification test
    Start Zumba mentoring program mid-june
    Start researching change to individual weight training
    Jacaueline in NYC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,322 Member
    Options
    Back from the Fayre. I bought a hydrangea with conical flowers that change from white to pink as the year progresses. Flowers from July to October. It's called Vanille Fraise. I think I was seduced by the French name. Fraise meand strawberry.:bigsmile: it will be going in the last patio pot that is currently filled with still luscious pansies. I will give them a last reprieve.:bigsmile:

The fair was ok and I met my friend there which was nice, but the "craft" booths were just commercial outlets and the food offering was pathetic. I bought a hog roast filled bun, which was tasty, but otherwise it was all burgers and hot dogs. Very unimaginative. Only one tea van with a long queue. The best thing about it was that I went at all! I am a very nervous driver and rarely drive myself any distance or to a new place, but I managed it all with no problems and hardly any nerves.:happy: I stayed two hours and wslked around the whole time so used a few calories.:bigsmile: Now I mustn't pig out because DH is at cricket.:tongue:

My May goals were -
    1) to stay the same weight as I had a holiday and four important parties in the month. (I put on one pound)
    2) DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD,! (A few slip ups, but recovery is quicker. The failed pasta was a bit of a meltdown, beat myself up, but got back to it with DH'S encouragement and was successful the second time)

June goals -
    1) Lose my pesky pound! ! ! ! ! :laugh: (Again!)
    2) Take a minimum of two trips out.
    3) DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD,!:bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh:

Lots of love to all.

Lizplus - hope you manage to get out soon.:flowerforyou:

Carol - sounds like a load of work! It'll look so nice when it's done you won't want to move!

Yanniejannie - remember the serenity prayer. :flowerforyou: :wink:

Heather in gloriously sunny Hampshire UK
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy June,

We had a great time on our little trip. The Move Live show with Derek and Julianne Hough was fun. So much talent and good looks in one family. I weighed this morning and was only 1/2 pound up, yay! I am down a little for the month, so I am happy overall. Our little old pug girl was good again, she sleeps most of the time now. She did give a scare the second night. Hubby woke her up to take her down to do her business, she was sleeping so sound. He couldn't get her to wake up enough to stand up. She kept trying to lay down again. This happened with one of our other pugs and he had to be put to sleep. He was about 17, she will be 15 in July. The good news is she was much more alert the next day.

Barbie, thank you for the new thread!:smile:

Kim, congratulations on your NSV!:flowerforyou:

Jan, breathe and pray. I know this is hard for you. :sad

Welcome all new ladies.:flowerforyou:

My June goal is to get that 1/2 pound off and try to maintain. My long term goal is to tone up more and lose perhaps 3 more pounds.

Have a wonderful day everyone,

Cindy in OK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Juanita: It is nice to see you post again. I think logging, exercising and drinking water are the most important goals. I’m sorry about your fall. I had two of them in 2013 and my New Year’s resolution is not to fall again in 2014. So far, so good.:flowerforyou:

Kim in N CA: Congratulations on a fabulous NSV from the neighbor you rarely see! The shrimp etoufee was good. So was the dirty rice. I hunted up recipes on line. I have a pile of food preferences and green bell peppers are on my heck no list, so I substituted red and yellow bell peppers. They’re flavorful but don’t give me stomach acid issues like the green ones. I also enjoy the bright colors.:flowerforyou:

Michele: It seems your pre-logging did the job of keeping your daily streak going. As I understand it, it only takes one item on the list for the day to count. I really didn’t realize that you could log days in advance. It is a great idea for travelers. Since I haven’t left the country in a few years I haven’t been out of cell phone coverage. That reminds me, we need to update our passports. They expire this fall and I really love to go to Canada. Victoria is my favorite city in North America.:love:

Brenda from MD: I’ve never had any luck at all getting weight to come off at a particular time and have suffered MANY plateaus over the months I’ve been working on improving my health. On the advice of others, I’ve never set a “pounds lost” goal for a month. I set behavioral goals like logging every bite, staying within my calories, and exercising. That way, I meet my goals. The weight loss follows its own glacial timetable. (SLOW.):grumble: :wink: :flowerforyou:

Cynthia: Congratulation on a good night’s sleep! Restful sleep is so important. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Enjoy your Garden and Craft Fayre.:flowerforyou:

Pam from Lansing MI: Welcome. Stop by often for encouragement.:flowerforyou:

Linda in NC: Welcome!:flowerforyou:

LizPlus: Nice to see you here. I hope you’re feeling better soon.:flowerforyou:

Roda Rose in FL: Welcome.:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie: I have sincere sympathy for your situation. When DS chose to be a career soldier I was NOT a happy camper. I lost my favorite cousin in the Viet Nam war,and really never got over it so DS's choice terrified me. He has done well with this career path and has made himself a success. Perhaps your DD will make horses her life’s work, and perhaps she will move on to another choice. Meanwhile, prayer is probably the best thing you can do. Being a mom is the toughest and scariest job on earth. Worrying yourself sick won’t help. Sending hugs your way.:flowerforyou:

DS is having severe neck pain and is on nasty pain meds. He’s been to one neurosurgeon and is getting a referral for a second opinion. It looks as though surgery is in his future. His dad had a similar neck problem and ended up with two separate surgeries over a period of about 8-10 years, but he was several years older when it began. I’m keeping DS in my constant prayers. :heart: DD is in my prayers too, for other reasons.:heart:

Yesterday we had fun with the Scappoose Farmer’s Market and playing with our boats. I’m hoping to find more fun things to do today. The weather forecast is good. A few clouds, sunshine, and moderate temperatures offer all sorts of possibilities.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least two glasses of water daily.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    June blooms, none too soon! :flowerforyou:

I've never been so happy to see May march away :huh: ...it was a tough one. Emotional upheaval due to the news of Mariah's cancer returning, then I fell ill. :sick: I'm finally starting to feel better after 2+ weeks of being down with a nasty virus that's been going around. They're saying 4-6 weeks to full recovery. I stayed home from work, got lots of rest, took a break from logging. Excercise has been daily dog walks and what little gardening I could muster. Every time I'd bend over my head pounded like crazy, so most of the gardening was done sitting or kneeling. It's a busy time of year for the gardens, not a good time to be sick! I'm so thankful hubby has helped with the heavy work on weekends. He's a fantastic gardener :bigsmile:

This year I planted Florence fennel & kholrabi, which I've never grown before. Other vegs that are all up and growing nicely... leeks, peas, onions, celery, carrots, parsnips, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, swiss chard, beets, romaine & butterhead lettuce, spinach, radishes, peppers, cucumbers, tomatillos, eggplant, zucchini, crookneck, butternut, spaghetti squash, pumpkins, asparagus, strawberries, raspberries, boysenberries... and 200 garlic which are just about ready to harvest. bigsmile: We have close to 3000 sq ft of garden space in a community garden which has been a fantastic place to grow our vegs for the last 9 years -- then we have a yard full of flowers at the house. :love:

We don't sell at Farmers Market, but we donate, we freeze, and do lots of canning and drying. Fun time of year, we do most of our veg shopping at the garden :happy: :happy:

I harvested a 5 gallon bucket of spinach, :noway: putting batches in the food processor with a little water, then freezing portions in zip locks for use in green smoothies. I LOVE the recipe I found on MFP - 2 c spinach and 1/2 c water, blended together, then add 1/2 frozen banana, 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple, 1/2 c Greek yogurt, 2 T honey (I''m using date sugar instead). Deeeeeeeelish. :heart: It's in the database under Simple Green Protein Smoothie (myfitnesspal)

Now it's time for me to get back to logging my foods...I ate a lot while I was sick! (Wishing there was a little pig smiley) :laugh: It's probably best if I wait a week before checking in with the scale. :blushing:

Happy June, may your spirits blossom and grow :flowerforyou:

:smile: jb in overcast Portland

PS Mariah goes to the hospital tomorrow for first treatments of chemo :brokenheart:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,873 Member
    Options
    Bump to mark my place. I'll be back after church. Sue in SD
  • Kayzoola
    Kayzoola Posts: 60
    Options
    I bought some dried blueberries to put in my morning gruel, and the flavor is wonderfully intense. Makes gruel more interesting for sure. Last night, I weighed myself, and was delighted to see I was only one pound from my goal! I was practically giddy!! My fear is, that I arrived here from being on vacation, and won't find it sustainable in regular life.

Yanniejannie, I am so sorry you are going through such a rough patch with your DD. I hope, for your own sake you will find a way to quiet your motherly heart. It sounds like you have raised a strong, independent young lady.

Yesterday, I got the lawn mowed, and today is my walk to the coffee shop with DH. It is going to be warm.

Kayzoola (PNW USA)
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Happy first day of June to everyone!

Had a glorious day yesterday...and as of today, DH and I are mortgage free......it was a bit of a twisty road for us, we had to
    pay off his ex, raise two sets of kids and put them through uni and grad schools,(youngest is still in grad school, oldest is prof too) put me through more degrees and grad school,
    moved twice, lived out of town for 4 years and owned another property....etc etc.... but we are here. Free at last.

So today is a kind of freedom day....and I wanted to share my joy with you all......persistence and longevity has its own rewards.

Had champagne at the lake yesterday.....

Have a great Sunday!

BJ, SWOnt.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Thanks for June,Barbie. I had barely realized May was leaving.

Someone asked about DH. He is on 3 meds to keep heart rate level.This is new to us. Just 3 wks ago he had annual check up at Ohio State for pituitary surgery & was declared "all is well".

The Cardiologist seemed very surprised the shocking didn't work.This was only his 2 nd time in a hospital,has always been very healthy.On the other hand,we are past 70,so who's to know where this will lead.

Meg,Hope you are able to enjoy being home & can get thru DD's drama,whatever she chooses.

Yanniejannie.........the same wishes for you. Have you & DD talked about her job? If so,about all you can do is accept it with grace.
    She is young & who knows where life will lead her.She sounds determined & stubborn,good qualities these days.

Carol,you are one busy lady! Hope your knee is better.

BJ,we remember well the day we payed off our mortgage......a great feeling!

Thanks to everyone writing about heart probs,magnesium etc. Have saved each post & will have a lot of questions when DH sees the Dr.

DD put bone in chicken breasts in her smoker for us. So tasty. Having them for supper,along with broccoli & salad.

Don't let next wk,next month...... stop you from enjoying life in the here & now.

Pat in Ohio
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Katla thank you for your kind words, I too am resolving not to fall again, but am on the mend.
    Thoughts and Prayers going to you , your son and family, take care

juanita in sunny sudbury
  • 4thoseilove
    Options
    *bump* :flowerforyou:
  • NenaC
    NenaC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A new month and a chance to set new goals and dreams!!! How fortunate for all of us:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

BJ says it best, we must keep pressing on it is our reward we are marching to:bigsmile: Our life is divided into days for a reason and today is our day:heart: For me I set mini goals to achieve and if I can get more than one accomplished I check it off the list and move everything else up the list. This is the days of gadgets and numerous ways to track things, but for me I just love my $5.00 calendar from Wal-Mart. I put everything on it, dates, things I accomplished and those things that need to be done are circled in red. Sounds silly and backwards in this era of technology:blushing: but it works for me. Good reading too when I can't remember if I did anything and a reminder life is lived in the moments.

Heather, glad you have had some sun in Hampshire. My favorite flower is the Hydrangea. I have not planted one here in Texas and I don't think I have ever seen one with conical flowers! It sounds beautiful. My garden struggles while I try to finish this inside remodel I started a year ago. I do see light at the end:smile: Congrats on getting out there and driving:flowerforyou:
    Sounds like your little adventure was worth it:laugh: :laugh:

Carol, how I relate to you. I have not been trying to get this house ready for sale, but any sweat equity done, I can relate. How do we record all the hard work to get credit for calories burned??:laugh: :laugh: I know it will pay off for you :happy:

Liz I know you will make the step to get out when you can.....wish you success:heart:

Pat super good news about your DH:flowerforyou:

Kim hope your new month in CA is all you need it to be. Love your book club choice. Good news on your NSV:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie, girl you can do this:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and you can walk through this period with your daughter:smile: Our children can surely push us to the edge sometimes and when they become adults we still want to be there to catch them when and if they fall. My own sons who are 40 and 43 now.:love: I swear I thought at times I wanted to go out and dig a hole in my backyard and crawl in:laugh: . I grew up without my Mother and Father and I always said if the good Lord let me have a family I would give them the unconditional love and support necessary. Our road is not easy, but it can be the most rewarding I told both my sons when their first child came along, my grandchild did not really belong to them. They are just placed in our hands for safekeeping and nurturing to give them wings to fly. Tough love is the hardest walk. My youngest always pushed the envelope the most and took risks that still bring me to my knees when I think about all the things that could have gone wrong. Take really good care of yourself so you can be in the best frame of mind so when you do have those moments to encourage and guide her you are at your best. The serenity prayer is my daily request and I challenge you to claim it for yourself. "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference":heart::heart: Wishing you peace and wisdom:heart:

My list is screaming at me:sad: everyone I missed have a wonderful day :flowerforyou: and to all the new members welcome so glad you are here.:flowerforyou:

Most pressing goal here for June
    1) Be five punds less on August 1st
    2) Find new ways to manage diet menu with new recipes
    3) Finish this remodel
    4) Go out to play in the dirt
    5) Make new friends
    6)Read a new book
    Goodness me I talk to much:blushing: Thanks to all you inspire me and give me the push when I need it. Happy eating and drinking to all:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Nena from the backroads in Texas:love:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linda – 10lbs in a month might be a bit high; no matter how tall you are – 2 lbs a week is a rate that seems to stay off better than more…

Liz – hope your health gets better:smile:

Roda Rose – welcome

Barbie – thanks for keeping us going! We’d be lost without you.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Yanniejannie – I feel for you; but as you said she is 21; and some times we have to learn on own, I know at 21 I knew a lot more than my Mom did:noway: and certainly more than I know now :laugh: -- She knows how worried you are; is she the type to continue to do this just to prove Mom wrong? If she is you need to step back as far as you can, so maybe she will quit…

Heather – great job getting out and about on your own! :wink:

Katla – sending good thoughts to you and your family – have a fun day!

JB – welcome back, I missed you; sorry you were sick! What a great garden!!! Sending good thoughts to Mariah

BJ – Congratulations!!!! I can not wait for that day myself and when I pay off my business.

Pat – “Don't let next wk,next month...... stop you from enjoying life in the here & now. “ great quote!!!

Levi and I got an hour plus walk in early this morning and had been back for about an hour when a friend called to see if we wanted to walk with her - so why not? and Levi and I went over and did another hour walk with her:laugh: my legs are tired and Levi is :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: sound asleep! I am having a blueberry snack - yummy!

it is beautiful out, I have to get some sewing done then I may run by the library and spend the afternoon in the yard with a book -- wish it was by one of your pools with you!

Kim in N. California
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Kim, I am selling my house because my child support ends in September and I won't be able to pay the mortgage without that income. I really would like to rent but apartments cost almost as much as the mortgage! If I can make enough from the sale of the house, I may purchase a condo. I can buy a condo with a 15 year mortgage and, even with taxes, insurance, and homeowners fees, payments would be $400 less than my mortgage and $300 less than rental of a comparable apartment. The biggest reservation to that is that I don't foresee living in this area longterm. Still, even if it is just for a few years, it's probably still better than renting. Oh, and I've never lived in an apartment complex type place before so I hope I don't hate it!

Thanks for the support from everyone! I'm so frustrated by my knee but I am not going to push myself and make it worse. I will call the doctor tomorrow.

I'm going to rest my eyes for a few minutes before I have to go keep nursery--it.'s my daughter's job but she can't do it yet.

Carol in NC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday beautiful ladies. It's to be another hot and humid day here and I am working so inside most the day. DH got the new seat for the motorcycle yesterday and if the weather premits we plan to take it out for a ride this evening when I get off work.(update storms are moving in so no riding tonight):sad: I was surprised as when I saw it last evening it has a back for the driver so it divides the rider and passager. I was afraid I would not fit and I did with room to spare. I know that would not of happened before. Did a happy dance.:laugh:
    We went to an arena football game last evening. I got 2 free tickets from a guy at work. I was so proud of myself as I walked up the stair to get to our seats and did not use the elvetor going or coming. I do enjoy going as they have so much going on and lots of games. DS and family were also there and sit just down from us several rows. At half time DGD came up to sit with us. Had so much fun laughing and being silly. Another late night and really tired today. But am off tomorrow and can sleep in.
    DBIL got moved in last evening and we will see how this works out. He starts the new job tonight. he is going to be working 11pm to 7 am. I just hope it works out for him. He will be sleeping in the basement so hope it is quite enough for him. Sometimes the dogs make alot of noise.
    Jane--prayers. I just keep repeating All Babies are a gift from God and he knows what he is doing. Somedays I wish he would let me on it. I worry about our DGD as her husband does not think having and keeping a job is important that their second baby is due next month.

Carol--pray you knee is ok. Sometimes I feel like the more I try to do the more I end up hurting myself. I guess it is because I am not used to doing certain things and not doing them right. Your bathroom colors sounds pretty.

Pat--so what is DH to do next? keeping you both in our prayers.

I do not do well with my goals for last month, so going to use them again this month and do better.
    1. Log every bite--even on bad days
    2. Take it one day at a time, don't worry about tomorrow. REMEMBER GOD IS IN CONTROL!!
    3. be more aware of the people around me.
    4. drink more water--less pop.

Junanita--hope you are feeling better.

Thanks Barbie for keeping us going and together.

Kim--Great NSV!!

Weather alert radio has dicided to go off and sounds like we have some strong thunderstorms coming. Last Sunday I worked (May 4th) we had tornados to the east of us. I still have 3 hours to go before I get off.

yanniejannie--Big HUGs and prayers for you and DD. I know not worrying is not easy.

Katla--prayers for DS and DD and hugs for you.

jb--keeping Mariah and all of you in my prayers and hugs for you.

BJ--HAPPY DANCE for you. I am looking forward to the day we are mortage free and debt free. One baby step at a time.

nena--I do things the old fashion way also. Make notes and lists all the time.
    Well ladies hope you all have a good rest of Sunday. June is going to be OUR month.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    OK, all arrhythmia people: do you freak out every time you feel something in your chest? Arrrrggghh.... :frown:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy June 1st!
    Walked to church and back.Kinda muggy out and in the 80`s:drinker: :drinker: .
    Welcome new ladies.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    My goals are to do pt ex like I should.
    swim when I can.
    watch my night eating.
    HUGS:heart::heart:
    jane
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Happy June 1st,

Jane I know what you mean about night eating. I do well during breakfast and lunch. Dinner and after dinner snack is what gets me. I think it is because I am tired by then. I suppose falling in sleep in front of the TV is a big clue.

Carol sorry about your move and knee. My DH runs and he was starting to have knee problems. He went to a physical therapist who gave him exercises to do and now he is much better. He still runs,

I work two to three hours a day in my garden and in the neighbors . Our yard is shady, so I just do shade flowers and many greens like jjack in the pulpit and ferns. In the front where it is sunnier I have potted plants. Our neighbor have a big vegetable garden that they have trouble taking care of. Last year they didn't plant it and ended up with six foot weeds. Rather than have that again. I volunteered to help out. I was able to plant a somethings too. So I get that is more than enough exercise for right now.

For those of you that garden you know how much work it is. You also know how rewarding it is when the flowers bloom and the vegetables grow.

Today I will plant tomatoes, strawberries, peppers, so in the future we will have fresh vegetables and fruit to enjoy. It is late to plant so I did buy plants that had a good start. We had such a late spring here.

2014 word: contentment
    :heart:
    Margaret
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,873 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: Welcome to new people!!! I am now officially retired. Friday was my last day at work. :bigsmile: Retirement party on Thursday was fun. I worked with such a great group of people. They are an awesome team, always ready to jump in and help and support each other, even willing to put up with some extra work and frustration to achieve a bigger goal that will benefit everyone. I will miss them but glad to have reached this part of my life. Nice not to have to ask for time off when I want to travel or have my DGD from Seattle come stay with me.

May goals: 8,000 steps per day average. Not quite but not bad, usually above 7,000.
    water works class 2x per week. Missed once for holiday, pool closed.
    ride my horse 3 times. Done plus one. Also found new riding buddy. :happy:

June goals: I will stay with my 8,000 step average for this month.
    water works 2X per week and yoga 2X per week.
    Skip desserts and keep drinking 8 glasses of water daily. This was easier at work than it seems to be at home so will have to concentrate.

Cynthia - glad your mare is better. Colic is scary.

Yanniejannie - Give your DD time. She may just need this break and to see how much work a job like that really is. My DD went to school for equine studies and then never used it. She did work for the Oregon Humane Society for a while but was taking home too many cats so she eventually quit. She now works in retail as a storeroom manager and buyer. One never knows for sure just where life will take you. There is a play called "Making God Laugh" that is about making life plans and how things don't always work just the way we expect. Hang in there.

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD