OK Ladies...Be HONEST!!

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Speedos specifically, I don't think they are very flattering. That doesn't mean I think men who wear them are gross, it's just not a look that is attractive to *me* personally. But since men don't dress for the pleasure of women, it's a non-issue.

If a dude wants to wear tight clothing, he can knock himself out. People should wear whatever they want to.

And no, I don't think there is a stigma on men wearing form fitting clothes to the gym. Like I said before, it is probably a matter of not having their junk tightly molded for personal comfort reasons. But if they want that junk out - rock it.

Funny... because my first response was that it "wasn't manly", and a male on my wall said "that's nasty".

I'm thinking that it's more stigma related than you may think

ETA: and the third was that he didn't want his man parts discernible. again... judgement related

Who said any of those are judgement related? It could, perhaps, be modesty. I don't like rocking a camel toe. Not because people would judge me, but because that's above my *personal* comfort level. I don't want my flaps on display.

maybe the last one wasn't judgement related... but "not manly" and "nasty" are pretty judgmental. Kind of like saying a woman without curves is not womanly.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Can we all hug it out now?
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It can be creepy, especially while on the aductor/abductor, lol, but honestly people are people and whatever, eyes wander, just don't be a weirdo and if you notice she has seen you looking do the polite thing and nod or smile and look away.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    As I said, social skills and cues taken into account, I appreciate if someone admires me in a reasonable way. I would be more "upset" if they insulted me or were rude.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I think this thread is causing me to think about how I act in the gym.

I'm generally rather surly, but if I see someone with good form, partiularly with squats or deadlifts (where I need better form), I don't care, I'll look so hard they'll think they're being sized up by Hannibal, or they'll think I'm trying to figure out the DTF ratio.

Now, just thinking out loud here, would a woman get upset if someone or all guys just shunned her at the gym? Like actively avoided all looking at her. I wonder if there would be an upset thread about not being looked at? Just a random thought that just came to mind.
    That would be awesome. Can I sign up for that?

Hmm, that made ME think. Do they still have nunneries? Do those nunneries have weight rooms? Do you think they'd let an atheist in to use them? :-P
    There is a nunnery where I live. I don't know if they're lifting though.

If you have good squat form though, you're already signed up.

No, I wanted to sign up for the "actively ignore" list, not the watchlist. :(
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I don't even notice if someone is looking at me at the gym...I don't go there for that.

2ypnj3d.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Would just ignoring someone from this thread be taking the joke too far?
  • myuuchan
    myuuchan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The gym is for exercise. If you want to go ogle people, you can go to a circus.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    tomgif.gif
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Look if you like, I do find it flattering. It's the leering or suggestive looks I can't stand.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Like I said earlier. The girl in the sports bra and spandex shorts that are basically panties wants more looks than the girl in sweats and tanktop. The girl at the beach in a thong and ultra tiny top wants more attention then the girl in a two piece. I'm not making a value judgement on them for it just pointing out the obvious.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound? If a woman wears less clothing when no one is around, is she still asking for attention?

I never get my own attention at home when I work out at home. Am I doing it wrong?

If around 18% of boys were sexually assaulted, would the parents give pause if the neighbor said, "Do teen guys play football in front of their house because they want me to stare?"
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Your not lieing lol i hate hate HATE baggy sweat pants getting in my way im always pulling them up at the thighs.

THANK YOU. I sometimes get a rash if my clothes are too loose. Sweat + rubbing fabric is so gross. Also, another thing - to me having sleeves at all is really gross when I'm sweating a ton. It's like just armpit waterfalls.

Tanktops = avoiding armpit sweat ponds. Tanktops DO NOT mean trying to please men.

The WORST feeling in the world is having sweat run from your armpits down your arm uuuggghhh! -shivers- or having that sweat leak into your sports bra and cause sweat bumps on the lines of the bra and cause chafe :(. I prefer a sports bra, a tight tank top, and compression shorts or compression pants :) i cant even do lose fitting yoga pants.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

I have a beautiful pair of 4" Banana Republic sandals that I can't fit into anymore.

I'm not sure what that implies about my consent or lack of it.

That depends. Tell me more about your shorts.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Now, just thinking out loud here, would a woman get upset if someone or all guys just shunned her at the gym? Like actively avoided all looking at her. I wonder if there would be an upset thread about not being looked at? Just a random thought that just came to mind.

Would you get upset if all women banded together and pointedly refused to look at you?

As for just not looking, the only person who notices me in my gym is the (female) trainer who corrects my bad form and would have my business by now if not for being slightly broke. No thoughts given, no threads started. I'm a lot more cognizant of her and where she is than anyone else. :embarassed:
  • buttabeen
    buttabeen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dear PA,

As long as you're asking, why not ask if size matters?

Signed,
    A Concerned Citizen

LOL!!!
  • buttabeen
    buttabeen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i'm really serious about my work out when I'm at the gym so to me it is absolutely annoying. Period. I don't go to the gym to be somebodies eye candy.
    I'm going to work out.....I don't go to the gym to stand around and stare at muscular dudes all day either....

taking a quick glance is perfectly fine but when you stare and intentionally try to seek eye contact it gets very annoying. I think men do this more so than women at the gym because men are naturally more visual creatures. this is just my personal opinion and experience but it seems like women look more at other women at the gym then what they look at men. not in a sexual way just the typical " catty woman" way
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    1) Be sure he's really staring at you. If he's anything like me and doesn't have his glasses or contacts on, he may just have zoned out.

Me, I can't see much more than 10 ft in front of the treadmill.
  • LaurieLynn1959
    Options
    I don't like it. I'm not there to be checked out. I'm there to work out. Plus, I don't want to worry about someone watching me in some of those positions.
  • harmonyhoran
    harmonyhoran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If im gross, sweaty and looking like a gumby on the treadmill then no, don't look. If I just finished working out and I feel awesome and accomplished and my face is no longer like beetroot, them maybe yes. but generally, I like to keep to myself like im invisible and hope no one sees me. I personally don't check guys out, even if I was single I wouldn't. I mean I can admire that did an awesome run but I stay away from weights and grunters as much as possible.
  • s_yeatts
    s_yeatts Posts: 753
    Options
    I don't mind because it boosts my self-esteem. It makes me feel better about myself. But....when a creepy old man is staring, that's just creeepy.