Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    1/5 ~ 5,661 Having surgery and being told to take it easy afterward really hurt my step count today.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: yesterday my pedometer said 12,172 steps without my steps for 30 minutes walking at the dog park

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, I'll think about your idea of a pedometer in every pair of pants but then I might end up washing one :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's a lot of steps for you on a day with surgery......I guess you didn't take it too easy :laugh:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    Barbie I thought about the whole accidentally washing one too, it would be something I would to.

1/6 ~ 14,009 Sorry Doc, but I couldn't take it easy 2 days in a row. I may pay in the am, but right now I'm happy:smile:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I want to be able to jog, run and sprint. I don't like this being side-lined bull crap. I'm only getting in 2-3K steps a day it's downright depressing. The HJ-112 is useless when it comes to Airdyne/stationary bikes just so you know. I rode 8.2 miles the other day and my 112 told me I did 500 steps. It measures running and jogging so I thought maybe it would measure cycling but that's a definitive no.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: when I used my Sony Walkman phone it measured my stationery bike riding like steps and it broke my heart when I switched to the Omron pedometer that doesn't know the difference between riding a bike and lying on the couch eating ice cream:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :cry: :cry: I did it again........left my pedometer on the shelf when I changed pants to go to the dog park.....as I took it out of my pocket I said "don't forget to put this in your pocket" and ten seconds later I forgot.:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: buttsmom, you are as bad/good as I am......I wouldn't sit still after surgery either :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    Barbie maybe you better put a note on the door so you check before you head out.

1/7 ~ 11,957
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I, too, forgot my pedometer for the first half of the day. All I can say is just walked 45 minutes on my treadmill at 3% incline and also did weight lifting circuit. So not bad overall , , ,
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    We had a spectacular day yesterday….we left the house at 5:30 AM and got home at 7:30 PM and were in bed by 9PM. Since we were going to Seattle we were able to take the ferry so I got a nice 20 minute walk each way and that, along with a walk at lunchtime, allowed me to get 10,000 steps for the day….I didn’t get to go to the dog park or to ride the exercise bike or dance in front of the TV so my exercise was less than usual so even though my eating wasn’t too bad (Subway at lunch and a Kashi roasted vegetable pizza at dinner) I was about 700 calories over at the end of the day.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Yesterday the Seattle Seahawks were playing a game in the football playoffs and no one thought they could possibly win. During our meeting there were people checking the score on their smart phones and sharing the information with us. We listened to the last 5 minutes of the game on the car radio as we drove toward downtown Seattle to get on the ferry. As we drove past Qwest Field (the site of the game) the game had just ended and the streets were filled with happy fans. Many of them were walking toward the ferry (it’s less than a mile walk) and the ferry was filled with excited fans so while we were taking our walk on the passenger deck we were surrounded by the after game excitement of all the fans dressed in their Seahawks shirts, hats, and jackets.

:flowerforyou: Today it is snowing. We took the girls to the dog park about 10:00 and they played with three other dogs until everyone was exhausted. Since it is our Isagenix cleanse day, we are now settled at home to relax.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I would like to get over 2-5K and soon. This is driving me insane.
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    BoresEasily you will be back before you know it.

1/9 ~ 14,351
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sunday 11,618 lots of steps for a take it easy cleanse day :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: buttsmom, good going, keep it up

:flowerforyou: BoresEasily, this too shall pass.......do not be discouraged.....you'll be back on your feet before you know it:bigsmile:
  • kievfrisco
    kievfrisco Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Does any body log in calories from the steps as an exercise? Thanks
  • Buttsmom
    Options

I personally don't if they are just everyday walking steps, if I walk on purpose for exercise I log them.
  • barbiecat
    Options

When I walk while my dogs play at the dog park, I log the walk
    When I dance and jog while watching TV, I log the time I spent
    But the steps I take just wandering around the house or the store, just count to help me get to 10,000 steps
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    11,408 steps today
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: so where is everybody??????:huh:

I have the Omron pedometer that has a way to track the data on the computer so every few days I download the data and it tells me all my daily logs as well as averages for the week, month, year, and total for the whole time I've been logging......my overall average is about 11,300 so I'm trying to walk more steps than that every day.......that means I've been jogging while watching TV and walking up and down the hall a lot along with walking at the dog park and line dancing.

:flowerforyou: I have a colonoscopy scheduled for Tuesday :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: so I expect my usual plans to be disrupted for at least Monday and Tuesday :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a Pedometer that I use every time I Exercise. I LOVE mine. I wear New Balance Walking Shoes, too.
    I'm trying to lose weight. I have lost 6lbs. in a week and 4 days when I got sick. I gained only 1lb. of it back since I've been eating Normal.
    I have been trying to lose weight by eating LOTS of Fruits and Veggies, Lean Meats. Eating Low-Fat is the KEY Thing.
    Oh, and I'm trying something "NEW". I started weighing myself only once a week. The Scale is a Fall Back and the Scale that you weigh yourself can be a BAD thing to do.
    Sure I'm up for this, too.

Teresa
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I forget to wear mine ALL the time
  • hiiamamie
    hiiamamie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit one - but can't wear it to work due to not being able to turn the bluetooth off. Anyone know of another I can use that I have to synce by wire - no RF/bluetooth/wireless. I'm selling my dark purple fit bit one for $50. (was a christmas gift this year from my hubby - good in theory, but I want one I can wear all day!) I was doing so much better wearing it.
  • hiiamamie
    hiiamamie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great to hear Teresa! I'm trying hard and have feel for the first time that I'm ready to make this change for the rest of my life!