Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    My Husband is a lot older than me, also he is Canadian...is that good or bad?
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I prefer older and would date someone older then me. I've had a crush on someone 14 yrs older then me.
  • roxyblack
    roxyblack Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is an old post but whatever...

My husband is 10 years and 3 months older than I am and I must say... it's the best relationship I have EVER been in (obviously since we got married). I never really think about our age difference unless someone asks...
  • mrsfritch
    Options
    My husband is 20 years older than me, I'm 34, he's 54. We have a great relationship together and have eight children together. We've been married for 15 years and can't think of ourselves apart from each other.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with it. Who are you to tell someone else they're wrong?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    A woman told me the other day that there are women who would date an older man ( 10-15 years older) and even have a family. My opinion is she was wrong but I want to ask the ladies on MFP. What are your thoughts?

No, she is right. I am the product of such a union as my dad is 25 years older than my mom. They have been happily married for 44 years.

Before I married I dated a couple of older men, one of whom was 10 years older. I didn't even consider him an 'older' man. The other older guy I dated was 23 years older than me. I know plenty of women my age and younger who date older men. It's pretty common.
  • lingg95
    lingg95 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 18 (19 in 3 months) and Ive been seeing a guy who is 39 for 2 months now. He has a son aged 14 (a mere 4 years younger than me) I haven't met his son yet of course, I wouldn't want to unless I know this is going to be serious. We have worries that his son won't approve, and also his friends and family. What will they think of him? Will they think he's going through a mid life crisis or a dirty old man or any other insults you can think of. We met at work and got on well as soon as we met and then one day I had the courage to message him ( I knew he was single and not dating anyone) we both ended up confessing our interest in each other, now I know it's only been 2 months and that too early to start a relationship but does anyone think that his age difference is wrong? Can this relationship work? I'm stuck really I just need some advice. I'm a pretty mature young woman, older than my time. Everyone tells me so. He is mature and fun at the same time, confident and sexy and I like him a lot. Help me please ????
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 I started seeing someone who was 37. We went out for seven years.

Just to let you know, it will never last. Ten years from now you'll be in the arms of someone else.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    My husband is 15 years older than I am. We've been married 17 years.
  • CardiC333
    CardiC333 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been dating older guys my whole life .
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    34q0dtw.jpg
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    A woman told me the other day that there are women who would date an older man ( 10-15 years older) and even have a family. My opinion is she was wrong but I want to ask the ladies on MFP. What are your thoughts?

Dude. She's too young for you. She can't even drive yet.
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I was 22 I dated a guy that was 30... that fact bothered me when I first met him, but we got along great. Ever since then I've preferred older guys. I say 8 years is probably still pushing it though, I'm more comfortable with the thought of someone in the second half of their 20's.
  • fitnessbabe90
    Options
    I like older men. They are more mature and caring than people on my age range. In fact, I am with someone older than me. Seriously, they are the best! :smile:
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    The last guy I gave my number to was about 23 years older than me. I'm kind of happy it didn't go anywhere though, because we're at 2 very different places in life and I would eventually have to worry about his health if things lasted.
  • KatherineLouise14
    KatherineLouise14 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I generally go for older men (and I definitely don't have 'daddy issues'). At 29, I find I have just as much in common with men ten years older and men two-three years older...especially in the professional arena.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    My wife is 3 weeks younger than me. Is that too much distance? Am I doing something wrong? I feel guilty. Damn, I'm old.
  • heathl39
    heathl39 Posts: 46
    Options
    My best mate and lover is 20 years older than I. Not one single issue. We have been together for two years! Who is to say it is or is not OK. I am older and a lot wiser to my wants and needs. When the right person walks into your life why would you question it. You embrace it!
  • heathl39
    heathl39 Posts: 46
    Options
    My wife is 3 weeks younger than me. Is that too much distance? Am I doing something wrong? I feel guilty. Damn, I'm old.

Haha!! ^^
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If I was single, I would date an older man (if I liked him). I think younger women would want to date you (in their 30's or 40's), and being fit helps. My husband is just 2.5 years older than me and it's good that we relate so well.