Did losing the weight make you look older or younger?

Options
123457»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My skin looks older, but not drastically. I just had super plump-skinned & wrinkle free cheeks/face before, and now I have more pronounced laugh lines and such. I'm totally okay with it. Especially because I generally do look younger than before -- less frumpy for sure.
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Younger. My jawline is more defined; my face sags less.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost enough yet to see for myself. I think it depends a lot on the person. As mentioned before, if your skin is really elastic, you will look the same age or younger. If it's lost some elasticity you will appear older since the fat doesn't fill out the wrinkles anymore. But take a look at your family members. If your parents/ siblings, wrinkled early, you will probably too.

The earlier in life you lose the extra weight, the better your skin will do. Also, men tend to fair better as always.

Don't let the wrinkles stop you! I would rather be 100 and one big wrinkle then check out at 60 totally smooth. You can't control everything about your health but being in a healthy weight range will probably help.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Agree, totally tends to be on the individual. I have seen some people on here look so much younger after weight loss. But, I have seen some people in real life look so much older and think, wow...you looked better plump! (Terrible of me to say!)
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Re: ". If your parents/ siblings, wrinkled early, you will probably too. "

Actually, maintenance has a huge effect on skin. I've used sunscreen daily since I was 30. And I've used a strong retinol daily for the past 7 years. I have very few wrinkles at age 54 even though I'm fair-skinned.
    Sunscreen is vital if you want to skin to look nice as you age. And even more important, is it helps prevent skin cancer.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    when you compare an older picture of me and a picture now.. i would say i look younger..

but i have always been told i looked way younger then i am.

but at the same time, i now look more my age then before.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    People tell me I look younger now and I feel younger. I also get told I look taller :smile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Younger for sure
  • gfrogel
    gfrogel Posts: 14
    Options
    I like the way my grandma puts it when people ask how she stays looking so young to be 85, 'My fat fills in my wrinkles.' Love you Ma!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've had people I see regularly say I look 10 years younger.

Met up with a friend last week who I hadn't seen in 12 years. She said I looked younger now than she remembered of me back then.

Serious ego boost and continued motivation!
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you are 20,30,40 something you will still look your age, if like me you are 60 something you will look older but who cares!! I feel and think like I'm 30 something and my husband thinks I am smart, sexy, and sees me as he did 43 years ago, with eyes of love:blushing:
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I feel a couple decades younger..
    You look younger
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, and I feel that my body looks younger, although saggier, no one can tell in clothes...however the lines in my face are appearing more than ever. I always felt that the extra fat kept my lines plumped out.
    From your profile pic, I don't think you look older. Maybe more mature/sophisticated? Your face was cute before. Now it's gorgeous. If that makes sense at all.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Younger, older? All I know is that I have so much more energy and vitality. I really don't care. I just enjoy the massively enhanced life in all areas!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!