You are smaller than you think you are

Options

Replies

• sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I noticed that they don't have a "full" range of sizes, I was 17.5% off but I didn't think about the fact that they don't take into account your height and it said I was a pear when I'm an hourglass
  • Katerinaki20
    Options
    you are 32.5% smaller than you think you are...
    Οοοοk....
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm 20% smaller than I think I look...hummm..not convinced still

@irishscarlet- you are obviously the number one picture. If you chose anything higher, you definitely have a distorted body image. I dont think I have ever been your size. Maybe when I was 12, but I didn't have any curves. You look amazing.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was spot (ha - "DOT") on. If there was a body to the left of the first one, I would have chosen it. This was fun! Thanks, OP!!!
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    I just did that. this is awesome :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I noticed that they don't have a "full" range of sizes, I was 17.5% off but I didn't think about the fact that they don't take into account your height and it said I was a pear when I'm an hourglass

Yeah, I'm an hourglass too and it said I was a pear.
  • LeafyEdge
    LeafyEdge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was so sure I had a realistic view of my body. I guessed between the third and fourth, and I put my last measurements which were from about 15 pounds heavier. My result was between the second and third. That makes me more confident that I don't need to lose the 30 pounds that the 'numbers' say I should!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! This is a cool website. Not only am I smaller than I thought but, also learned I have a curvy hourglass figure.
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've done this one before (back in my just-pre-MFP days) and I was quite a bit smaller than I thought I was (about two or three models). I'm far more realistic now, and also more aware of myself, and this time I was just one size down, and 2.5% smaller - so I guess I have a good idea of what's what and where - I am sooooo much more confident than I was 500 days ago when I started here. In fact, caught sight of myself in a plate glass window, full-length, today and kind of admired myself :blushing: - I was jacketless and, once upon a time, would never DREAM of being without, whatever the weather, as a cover-up. And today I'm wearing quite a fitted top and not-quite-wiggle skirt.

So I guess I'm doing okay :blushing: :blushing: . Thanks MFP :flowerforyou:
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Interesting... 27.5% smaller than I thought/see myself. I picked the third body from the right because the calves look like mine (or at least what I see when I look at them) and based on my measurements it put me in between the 2nd and 3rd bodies from the left. Weird, but it makes sense. We are our own worst enemies.
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    I picked 6, but came out between 3 and 4. Wow. Dont think that is completely accurate, but ok. Must be my smaller hip size, because my stomach is def closer to number 6.

I am also the perfect strawberry.. Haven't heard that fruit title before. Usually called the inverted Triangle. I call it Sponge Bob.:laugh:

So for those who got number one- what are your waist and hip measurements?
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I want to be bigger than I think I am! Grow muscles, grow!!!!!!
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    It didnt work for me. Said I am 22.5% smaller than I think I am.

Either I need to lift more or maybe I picked the wrong region? Im not really from Yorkshire.

ETA: Oh and it said I look like a strawberry. Never ever have I heard anyone mention that a strawberry's appearance was appealing / attractive. They just taste good. Might as well have said I look like the Kool-Aid Man
  • xiamjackie
    Options
    I've done this one before (back in my just-pre-MFP days) and I was quite a bit smaller than I thought I was (about two or three models). I'm far more realistic now, and also more aware of myself, and this time I was just one size down, and 2.5% smaller - so I guess I have a good idea of what's what and where - I am sooooo much more confident than I was 500 days ago when I started here. In fact, caught sight of myself in a plate glass window, full-length, today and kind of admired myself :blushing: - I was jacketless and, once upon a time, would never DREAM of being without, whatever the weather, as a cover-up. And today I'm wearing quite a fitted top and not-quite-wiggle skirt.

So I guess I'm doing okay :blushing: :blushing: . Thanks MFP :flowerforyou:

YOU SHOULD ADMIRE YOURSELF! Way to go girl :drinker:
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I picked #8, and apparently I'm between #3 and 4. Interesting but I don't know if I believe it. I still see #8...
  • DebbieLyn63
    Options
    So out of curiosity, I tried it with entering the 'perfect' measurements of 36 24 36, and it gave me to the left of the first body. So yeah, it is a bit off I think, but good for a boost this morning.
    Or else it just doesn't work if you really aren't from the UK.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am 22.5% smaller than i think. I picked the second to largest but landed in the middle. BUT, I carry a lot of weight in my lower belly (PCOS) and that does not get accounted for where they tell you to measure
  • xiamjackie
    Options
    I picked exactly the right spot on the chart. I attribute this to my growing self-confidence and self love.

Great tool :) Love that all women are able to see what they actually compare to instead of distorting what they see in the mirror.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I guessed my size (pre-pregnancy) correctly.