How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    20lbs in. That's when people started asking me if I was losing weight. I still can't really see it myself, though.
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 70 pounds before anyone said anything.
    haha
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    It was 16lbs for me when my boyfriend noticed... everyone is different though.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    No one notice until I lost about 35 pounds. My starting weight was 281 lbs. The bigger you are, the more you have to lose. A 300 lbs person losing 10 lbs is like a cup out of the ocean, no one is going to notice.
  • vtotheicky
    vtotheicky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think most people notice weight loss but don't want to say anything just in case it's deemed offensive. For instance, a friend of mine lost weight a while ago and she literally dropped a ton of weight in a short space of time.When I saw her I thought 'my goodness, she's lost weight' but I said nothing! I didn't want to seem rude. Now that I'm on my weight loss journey I've realised how important it is to compliment others when they're losing weight.
  • bowlofpeaches
    bowlofpeaches Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am at 13 pounds and i have had a few friends and my mom and some other family members notice. I guess it all depends on your build and where you lose your weight first every one is different and over time bam it comes off little by little even if no one notices your still working towards the goal and have shed some of it off and that's what counts the most!! Be proud of yourself and keep pushing forth! :)
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I started at 285 5 foot 8 with a large frame. I don't really count that people who knew I was dieting as noticing because they are just saying that to be nice in my opinion. But once I lost about 35 pounds which may seem like a ton but I was much larger than me people started noticed and that had no clue I was dieting. Also some people will just be like is there something different with you. I would just not really. Because I don't like telling people I am not that close with what I am doing. I don't know just stay with it and you will be fine
  • nmpoli
    nmpoli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, my bf noticed once I got passed the 10lbs lost mark. Co-workers and friends are starting to notice right now.

As for me, I can't tell a difference looking in the mirror yet.. except that I am swimming in some of my clothes!
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A few people said something at 20 pounds but most people didn't say anything until I lost between 50-60 pounds. Even now I get more people commenting on the purple in my hair than the weight loss. I can honestly say that it doesn't mattter to me if people say anything or not I am doing this for only person and that is me.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    30-35 before my wife commented.

Around 45-50 before others did.

Now people seem to notice about every 15-20 lbs or so.
  • amandaehrmantraut
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my mom and a couple of my friends have commented on it after around 12 lbs, I think people do notice, but the majority of them don't bother saying anything because they assume you'll find it offensive.
  • pezall22
    pezall22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started at 202 and I went down like 15-16 lbs and alot of people could tell. I think it depends on where you carry your weight and how you can disguise it. Mine was probably taken off in more noticeable places which is why I got immediate reactions.
    Keep going though! 10 lbs is still a great thing to celebrate about!!

This is definitely true. I get noticed almost immediately as I start losing weight, but it's because (I've noticed from the many times I've attempted to lose weight) that I lose weight in my face first. So it really does just depend where you're losing it first. And that's not something that can be controlled cuz I know I'd love to lose it in my stomach or thighs first... lol But that's why everyone is different and the reactions are different.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My mom commented a couple weeks ago (~2 months after I started on here) that I was looking slimmer, and I was about 20 pounds down at that point. I carry a lot of my weight in my stomach and hips, so it's not very visually apparent that I've lost weight because those areas are still quite large.
  • Lisuuhhh
    Lisuuhhh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It really does matter where you carry and where you first start to lose. I've read online that you lose first what you last gained, and the last few places I put on weight were my stomach and face. So I started at 202, it has been 5 weeks and I'm at 192... I have heard from several people now that they are noticing my loss. Don't focus so much on what others perceive-- I'm sure you're noticing a difference in how you feel and how your clothes fit! :):)
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It took 18 lbs (approx 9% of my starting body weight) before someone (outside of my Mom & Hubby) noticed my weight loss. Once I got the first comment many more have followed.
  • lafontaineshawn
    lafontaineshawn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was at my heaviest almost 6 weeks ago (321pds) I am now 289pds and everyone is noticing
  • lafontaineshawn
    lafontaineshawn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was at my heaviest 6 weeks ago (321pds) I am now 289 and everyone is noticing
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 lbs and my staff, husband, and son have already made remarks about me looking leaner.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!