Cougar or MILF?

Options

Replies

• samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    This is quite funny - I thought I was in the Chit-Chat, Fun and Games section ...... clearly a touchy subject for some.

I've not been called either and quite frankly couldn't give a flying *kitten* - the names I used to be called five and half stones ago were far worse, hurtful to the point of causing tears and harmed me mentally.

I have a friend who would be called a "cougar" - she's around my age and happily goes out "hunting" for younger men. Do you know what? She's not hurting anyone and if any "lady" on this site ever judged her for that I'd call them out.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cougars are just old women trying to feel young by dating younger men

MILF's are just hot older women!

I wouldn't mind being referred to as a MILF, as long as it wouldn't turn me into a cougar!

Its all in how we act ladies. You can act with class or act like trash!

excuse me...wowsers...

I married my younger man thanks and I didn't date him because I was an "OLD WOMAN" trying to feel young, I dated/married him because he is a very loving caring man...who is more mature than most men my age..and actually had a job.

And I agree it's all in how we act and based on this above action I got a word for you......

I don't feel that you can't date or marry younger men but I'm referring to the extreme age differences. like 60 dating 20. c'mon! I really hope you're not calling me trashy.....far from it

That is not a cougar by definition..a cougar is any woman between the ages of 35-45 who date younger men...and no I wasn't saying you were thrashy just judgemental with such a sweeping statement....

and you know what if a 60 year old woman looks good enough to snag herself a young one I say go for it...what makes that trashy? No more trashy than Clint Eastwood and his wife...35years difference or Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones...25 years difference...

Or is it just when it's reversed?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I think both are disgusting and would prefer not to be reffered to as any one.

If you want to compliment me than open doors for me, pull out my chair, notice my eyes....... I dont like being hooted at or reffered to as sexualized nicknames due to my age and gender.

I just want my BF to think I am pretty, this here isnt for anyone else but him :)

Doesn't like the word, uses it in her profile.

srsly? tl;dr
    He lied and you fell for it, - hook , line and sinker.

How you want to describe yourself is fine but if someone disagrees and prefer not to be looked at like trash, that is there right. Do you want people to tear down you and take away your right to opinions or living your life the way you want to live your life?

Ummm...no he didn't. You may want to revisit and actually read her profile. Last line states her preference for the word MILF. (She doesn't use cougar at all.) So maybe a little due diligence is needed before another type of tear down takes place, yes?

I prefer MILF, myself, thanks. :drinker:
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I always thought a MILF was someone whose grown children's friends decided was hot enough to sleep with... Am I wrong here?

Excerpt from Urban Dictionary: Mothers, whether married, separated or divorced, that a male individual sees as physically attractive enough to want to have sexual intercourse with them. A MILF is any mother that is sexually desirable.
    There isn't an age stipulation on the children or the woman. Based upon this I fail to see why it would be derogatory but rather complementary.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

If you want to compliment me than open doors for me, pull out my chair, notice my eyes....... I dont like being hooted at or reffered to as sexualized nicknames due to my age and gender.

I just want my BF to think I am pretty, this here isnt for anyone else but him :)

Yet you use a pic like that. Let's not feign superiority in a half naked profile pic where people can look down your bathing top. LOL

I'm surprised people didn't jump on you for this response.
    She said she thinks the term is disgusting and said that she prefers to be treated with respect, and yet you seem to imply that because she is wearing a bathing suit - she is "asking" to be treated otherwise?

I saw no "superiority" in her post, fringed or otherwise... Just a request that she not be hooted or hollered at, and that people not refer to her solely as a "mom I'd love to *kitten*" ..

[sarcasm] But... Hey... If she's gonna wear a bathing suit, and reveal the fact that her body looks great... I guess she deserved that...
    [/sarcasm]

As for me... I prefer to keep my motherhood and sexuality distinct and separate. And I only focus on the fact that my boyfriend thinks I am both a wonderful mom AND a sexy lady.

Call yourself whatever you like.
  • beastchick78
    beastchick78 Posts: 109
    Options
    Instead of looking for reasons to be offended, I choose to find the humor in life while embracing my sexuality. Life's too short to walk around feeling put upon when you can walk around happy and confident.

I agree with this^^^
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

srsly? tl;dr

How you want to describe yourself is fine but if someone disagrees and prefer not to be looked at like trash, that is there right. Do you want people to tear down you and take away your right to opinions or living your life the way you want to live your life?

Who lied? From the users' profile who claims that both terms are disgusting:
    Why I want to get in shape
    Not trying to be the youngest hottest milf/hardbody out there, I just dont want to be another obesity statistic.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    d58.jpg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

srsly? tl;dr

Ummm...no he didn't. You may want to revisit and actually read her profile. Last line states her preference for the word MILF. (She doesn't use cougar at all.) So maybe a little due diligence is needed before another type of tear down takes place, yes?

I prefer MILF, myself, thanks. :drinker:

Cat-High-Five.gif
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Clearly, I find one term more humorous. My husband calls me MILF. I'm pretty sure he means it in the best way possible.

Instead of looking for reasons to be offended, I choose to find the humor in life while embracing my sexuality. Life's too short to walk around feeling put upon when you can walk around happy and confident.

Not a cougar because I don't chase boys, but nothing wrong with the term.

Same for me with this...my hubby refers to me as a MILF sometimes and also has a GILF on the school run. Its just a bit of harmless fun :laugh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Yet you use a pic like that. Let's not feign superiority in a half naked profile pic where people can look down your bathing top. LOL

She said she thinks the term is disgusting and said that she prefers to be treated with respect, and yet you seem to imply that because she is wearing a bathing suit - she is "asking" to be treated otherwise?

I saw no "superiority" in her post, fringed or otherwise... Just a request that she not be hooted or hollered at, and that people not refer to her solely as a "mom I'd love to *kitten*" ..

[sarcasm] But... Hey... If she's gonna wear a bathing suit, and reveal the fact that her body looks great... I guess she deserved that...
    [/sarcasm]

As for me... I prefer to keep my motherhood and sexuality distinct and separate. And I only focus on the fact that my boyfriend thinks I am both a wonderful mom AND a sexy lady.

QFT
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am both!:bigsmile:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

srsly? tl;dr

Sorry no, I didn't lie.
    Not trying to be the youngest hottest milf/hardbody out there, I just dont want to be another obesity statistic.

Rest of your post - um, I've got nothing.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I am both!:bigsmile:

I'm inclined to believe you, but I need more photographic evidence of this to come to a final conclusion. :wink: :laugh:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    And the "I'm sexy damn it and will post pictures but no one better call me sexy or point out I'm being hypocritical" thing is starting all over again. The new Puritanism. Good times.

You ladies enjoy judging each other.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

[/sarcasm]

Looking to be offended?? :laugh: I implied nothing than UTTER HYPOCRISY. I think 'I've been more than clear in all of my responses. You chose to go through life looking to be offended, then so be it. I'm enjoying life and not taking words too seriously.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

srsly? tl;dr

Sorry no, I didn't lie.

Rest of your post - um, I've got nothing.

I'm confused... I can't see her profile... She says that she doesn't want to be called that.

That excerpt says she is NOT trying to be one - that she is here for something OTHER than achieving milf status.

I'm not sure how that excerpt warrants a leap to implying she likes the label?

But it's early... I try not to think too hard when it's early.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I always thought a MILF was someone whose grown children's friends decided was hot enough to sleep with... Am I wrong here?

Excerpt from Urban Dictionary: Mothers, whether married, separated or divorced, that a male individual sees as physically attractive enough to want to have sexual intercourse with them. A MILF is any mother that is sexually desirable.
    There isn't an age stipulation on the children or the woman. Based upon this I fail to see why it would be derogatory but rather complementary.
    fair enough that it has become watered down but I still think of it like this:

History
    The term itself was first documented in Internet newsgroups during the 1990s. It was popularized by the 1999 film American Pie referring to Jennifer Coolidge's character, "Stifler's mom".

The concept of a MILF predates the term itself, as exemplified by Mrs. Robinson in the 1967 comedy classic The Graduate.
  • beastchick78
    beastchick78 Posts: 109
    Options
    This is quite funny - I thought I was in the Chit-Chat, Fun and Games section ...... clearly a touchy subject for some.

I've not been called either and quite frankly couldn't give a flying *kitten* - the names I used to be called five and half stones ago were far worse, hurtful to the point of causing tears and harmed me mentally.

I have a friend who would be called a "cougar" - she's around my age and happily goes out "hunting" for younger men. Do you know what? She's not hurting anyone and if any "lady" on this site ever judged her for that I'd call them out.

You are my new BFF :)
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    MILF-braces-for-*kitten*-offensive.jpg