Official "Get Friends" Thread

Options

Replies

• burnbburn
    burnbburn Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi all, my names Jason 33 years of age. Tired of gaining unwanted fat each Xmas only to gain more the nxt. Want to loose 4st. Let's help each other.. Pls add..
  • burnbburn
    burnbburn Posts: 9
    Options
    Bump
  • gavla0701
    gavla0701 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi peeps, I've been using the app for a few days now. Would love some new friends to follow. I've not posted anything as yet just finding my feet at that the mo.

Feel free to add me :)
  • TonyJamesL
    TonyJamesL Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just posted an introduction thread and figured I should post here as well. I'm looking to lose 40 lbs and get healthier overall. In much need of like-minded people!
  • regacman
    regacman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been using the app pretty regularly for the last month or so and have lost about 15 lbs since starting! I have a long ways to go to reach my goal though. Feel free to add as I could use any support I can get and I'd love to cheer on others as well!
  • HeidiHWu
    HeidiHWu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Heidi! College student just trying to get rid of that freshman 15... Erh maybe 40. Struggle. Add me and let's lose it together! Needing that motivation buddy ????
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a work-at-home mom to a toddler and I started here on MFP nearly 90 days ago, lost 8 pounds, and have been fighting a plateau ever since! But I haven't given up. I would like to lose 100 pounds, even if it takes me a long time. I want to make permanent changes to my lifestyle....

Right now my exercise is mainly walking/running around with my toddler which I track using my Fitbit Flex (love it!).

I'm friendly and I'm on MFP every day. Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. :)
  • sea_dog
    sea_dog Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 46 yrs old, started last month at 293, currently weigh 280, and my goal is 169.

I too am trying the slow method, one pound per week. I try to exercise everyday, cardio at least three times a week (bike for 45 minutes), some weights (maybe once or twice a week, don't like gym much), and if I don't do cardio I at least try to walk about three miles. Sometimes I do both if the day is nice.

Good luck to all, other people do this, we can too!

Mike (SD)
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm not new to MFP but I am new to the social side of things. Most of the people I joined with have not been active lately so I could use some friends! I think it would be great to log in every day and see a group of friends that are keeping each other sane. I don't take myself too seriously. Just want to work on my healthier self and have some laughs. If you can use a friend, hit me up.

Good luck to you all!
  • jawn
    jawn Posts: 8
    Options
    Everyone add me I need some friends :(
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love some more friends. I'm 26, just finished grad school, and adjusting to work life. I have about 15 lbs I'd like to lose. I've been on everyday for the past 6 weeks or so and would love to see some more activity on my news feed.
  • tyf44
    tyf44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've used MFP on and off throughout the last year. This time I need to stick to it, so I'm adding friends hoping it will keep me motivated. I'm 22 years old and an Elementary Education major. Trying to work on eating healthier and cutting out alcoholic drinks to lose weight.

Feel free to add me! MFP is more fun with friends!
  • kalynalexis
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kalyn and since I graduated from school I've gained quiet a bit of weight because of unhealthy eating. I need to get back into shape, I want to get back to being 135 pounds but my first goal is that I want to be able to run a mile again without feeling like I'm going to die.

My personal friends don't want to do this/help me, and I would love to get some support through MFP.
  • HooahLydia
    HooahLydia Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey! I'm not new to this, since I've sadly fallen off the bandwagon a few times. However, I'm excited to start over, get some friends, and really keep motivated and motivate others. Im relatively young, and have an overly hyper 2 year old and a husky/malamute mix puppy. I can't wait to lose these 70 pounds and feel great again!
  • NovaSur
    NovaSur Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    HI im Suri. im 19 and 5ft4in.... I would like to make friends to do this with me :) I started 2 weeks ago and have lost 8lbs so far, have 60 more to go. Ive been trying to eat 1400 calories, veggies and lean proteins. For exercise i have a recumbent bike, a universal weight machine, jump rope, Jillian Michael dvds, and been walking 2.6 miles when i can . feel free to add me.
  • Strangelingg
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Alexx, I'll be 19 July 12th! I'm a 5'2 shorty trying to fit into cute clothing for concerts and time with friends. Definitely looking for help on here with food, exercises for chicks that have big boobs (I'm a DD and holy crap working out can really hurt my chest and back with those), and just positive attitudes! I weigh currently 155 pounds and I guess online searches have been saying that my ideal weight should be 120 pounds but idk that sounds kind of unhealthy for me but I'm really looking to see how far I can go until I actually like myself and how I look in my own skin. Let's be friends!
  • SMKean90
    SMKean90 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm Sophie, not new, just back for round 2.
    Looking for friends, ideally those who do crossfit or similar
    :)
  • petecassa
    petecassa Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, add me too please
  • Gemstone290
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am constantly looking to add more weight GAIN friends to help keep me motivated.
    Feel free to add me and I will try to support you too

:flowerforyou:
  • spacegirl98
    Options
    Hi all, I am Amanat and m 15. I need to lose 55lbs by November by hook or by crook as its my Sis's weddin in December. I am looking for constant support to keep me motivated. Feel free to add me and Il try to support you all too.
    At present I am 166 lbs.
    Also I just have an hour and a half free to exercise.
    I do a few thins to shred this weight but I stop after 4-5 days. Also in these 4-5 days my body does change. So please help guys.
    :smile: