lol what's a weeble wobble?

weeble.jpg

omfg lolololololol:laugh: :laugh: dafuq:laugh:

wt84xb.gif

I'm out. Have fun!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    This is the 2nd biggest reason I don't go to the gym. I hate feeling like I am being stared and and judged by all the people who already have their s*** together.

People don't pay attention to you as nearly as much as you think they do. Promise.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I only want a gym with straight white people, because anything else makes me uncomfortable...

Move to Carmel, Indiana.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    If you all think she's being rude, most of your are being rude right back! Talk about hypocrites. If you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Jeesh, just be the bigger person if you think she was being so rude and ignore the post.

I'm sorry OP for all the comments. It's not like you were being malicious or anything. Everyone just needs to give it a rest and move on.

So. I'm supposed to be nice to people who basically think people who look like me don't belong at her gym?

Oh.

Why is that the insulted party is always the one obligated to be nice?

Joe Meat head or Trophy wife ?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Wow, lot of really mean people replying to this.

This is the 2nd biggest reason I don't go to the gym. I hate feeling like I am being stared and and judged by all the people who already have their s*** together.

1st reason is child care... they aren't open early enough for me to let the rug rats play while I try to not be a fatty and they are too little to let them be home alone.

3rd... I did the personal trainer thing.. it took me over 30 minutes to be able to breath again after my session with her... screw that, I am not just fat, I am obese... she clearly had/has no clue what that is like.

The only people that might be judging you are people like the OP, the Meatheads and Trophy wives are too busy working out and focusing on themselves.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    If you all think she's being rude, most of your are being rude right back! Talk about hypocrites. If you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Jeesh, just be the bigger person if you think she was being so rude and ignore the post.

I'm sorry OP for all the comments. It's not like you were being malicious or anything. Everyone just needs to give it a rest and move on.

So. I'm supposed to be nice to people who basically think people who look like me don't belong at her gym?

Again, did the OP say that? I haven't read all the replies so perhaps she did later, but she certainly did NOT say that in her first post.

You serious? You didn't gather any bit of fit shaming from the OP?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    In. I hear there are mean people here. And I love mean people.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Wow, lot of really mean people replying to this.

1st reason is child care... they aren't open early enough for me to let the rug rats play while I try to not be a fatty and they are too little to let them be home alone.

3rd... I did the personal trainer thing.. it took me over 30 minutes to be able to breath again after my session with her... screw that, I am not just fat, I am obese... she clearly had/has no clue what that is like.
    Based on the threads we see on MFP, it seems you're a lot more likely to be stared at and judged by people who don't. But either way, all that matters is going in and getting your thing done. Anyone who judges you on your appearance at the gym is focusing on the wrong things and isn't worth your time or energy.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Again, did the OP say that? I haven't read all the replies so perhaps she did later, but she certainly did NOT say that in her first post.

TOPIC: vent--There are too many skinny people at the gym

If this doesn't mean 'I want less skinny people at the gym.' that what, exactly, does it mean to you? There are too many skinny people at the gym, but that's Aok? Too many of them, but I don't mind?

Enlighten me Obi-Wan, for clearly I have misunderstood.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I only want a gym with straight white people, because anything else makes me uncomfortable...

Move to Carmel, Indiana.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Meatheads and trophy wives too.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Oh.

Joe Meat head or Trophy wife ?

Trophy Wife, obviously.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

TOPIC: vent--There are too many skinny people at the gym

If this doesn't mean 'I want less skinny people at the gym.' that what, exactly, does it mean to you? There are too many skinny people at the gym, but that's Aok? Too many of them, but I don't mind?

Enlighten me Obi-Wan, for clearly I have misunderstood.

z205099164.gif
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Well, hopefully OP is taking the criticism well. If not, then she should be more mindful of what she posts. Part of "growing up" means knowing what to say and when to say it not to mention taking responsibility for what she says and taking what comes from it. If she wanted a shoulder to cry on, those comments are best left for people she knows.

I have little tolerance for self-pity so I don't agree with the original post. It was rude and have yet to see OP apologize for it. I also think it's out of line for anyone to apologize for any negative feedback - speak for yourselves.

That being said, I understand the insecurity. It's not easy. This journey isn't easy. As others have stressed - take it in stride and do your own thing. Do what you can do and don't give up.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Meatheads and trophy wives too.

This pleases me.
  • katesnewbody
    katesnewbody Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    YOU are responsible for how fat you are.
    JUST like the skinny people are skinny because of the choices THEY'VE made.
    they have every right to work out at ANY gym they please to maintain that body.

what, skinny people can't go to the same gym as fat people now?
    what's next, ban skinny people from eating at public restaurants, because they make fat people feel sad?
    Or have a Fat People Only Swim at public pools so the skinny folks don't make the overweight ones feel self conscious?

see the logic here?
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We have a downsize fitness in my city too (Ottawa): http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/gym-geared-specifically-for-overweight-people-enters-canadian-market-1.1616857

While I think people do get preoccupied with believing everyone (anyone?) at the gym cares about how you look, I also know how hard it is to "put yourself out there" in a vulnerable sense to even attempting to change your weight. To sweat. To try things you don't know how to do. To change your relationship with a body you may not love. I think if someone wants to pay for a "comfort zone" of feeling less judged, and if that ultimately sets them up for more success and security, then so be it. There are tons of Women's only goodlife locations for the same reasons. In fact those gyms may be helpful in introducing the OP to a gym setting while she has her "training wheels" and doesn't feel confident in the space.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Wow. Issues much?

I hang out in the "meat head" section, and often am the only woman there. I have to say, all of the guys have been great, perfectly happy to check to make sure that I'm parallel or give me a spot if I want one. The super fit woman who is there often, working on her first figure competition after being deep in the powerlifting scene? Umm, she told me to have her come over next time I PR my deads, so that she can give me form help to lift more. This was after saying how amazing I'm doing, even though I'm far from her level.

I have to say, my gym experience sounds like it's much more fulfilling than yours. You may want to give up the judgey-judginess and stop limiting yourself.

ETA: later today I'm going to go trail running. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to see a bunch of superfit fast runners there, as I plod along. They will all nod their head and say what a lovely day for a run it is.

You. I like you. :heart: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

So being fat and insecure gives you a get out of jail free rude card? But, once you have worked your *kitten* off to get into shape you can't speak your mind or work out in the gym because you might upset someone???

It was malicious. Drop the white knight act and actually read the insults she threw out there.

If I went and created a thread "I work out at home cause I couldn't stand the fatties at the gym" I would be reported in a heartbeat. I'm still fat but I take personal responsibility for my comments, because I'm an adult and I don't take this whole I'm insecure so I can insult anyone I want .

Okay, so I'm just going to assume that everyone here writing those comments have all been perfect angels and have never said anything or not judged anyone their whole lives. Seriously, everyone has done it. And if you say you haven't, well, I wouldn't believe you or anyone because that is the world we live in. People judge. The OP wasn't being malicious, she recognized that she was being silly and she said some things in a way she shouldn't have. Just stop being so negative.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're skinny because they go to the gym. =-0 I know... that's a crazy idea. I used to hate on "skinny" people until my husband pointed out to me... You don't know their story. Maybe they used to be overweight... you don't know their struggle... you don't know what they went through/go through to look like that... so you shouldn't judge them for being skinny just like they shouldn't judge you for being fat.