vent--There are too many skinny people at the gym

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you all think she's being rude, most of your are being rude right back! Talk about hypocrites. If you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Jeesh, just be the bigger person if you think she was being so rude and ignore the post.

I'm sorry OP for all the comments. It's not like you were being malicious or anything. Everyone just needs to give it a rest and move on.

386205574.gif
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    lol what's a weeble wobble?
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym back in March. One day after viewing all the slim and fit people from my treadmill I went home sad and even thought about leaving until I weighed less.

I spoke to my mother and said "There are so many fit people there, I feel out of place."

And she replied "So, when you get to your goal weight you're gonna stop going?"

I still get sad at times but I feel better about going.

I guess the point is, everyone starts from somewhere and then once they get to where they are going to keep doing it to maintain your goals.

I understand where you are coming from though. I still get sad sometimes at the gym.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Why the *kitten* have we not already burned this person at the stake?! Seriously?!? This special snowflake needs to stoned for scorning the skinny people! Someone start digging the hole...

It's so funny, most of the people you are referring to are the same ones who would be objecting to a post insulting overweight people but yet, you scorn them.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I understand why you would feel that way, I'm just not sure that success should be punished.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options

weeble.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Not bashing you, OP!

If you really want a gym like that, go to Planet Fitness. Or save up your money you're spending on a gym and make your own.

Planet Fitness has pizza days, you get kicked out if you wear too little clothing and they have some sort of alarm if people are lifting too many weights or something.

I always say I'm going to leave these posts alone, but dammit, I can't stop myself. This isn't true at every location. OP, just do your thing and don't worry about the other people. One day, if you keep your focus, you'll look like the people you're intimidated by.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If you all think she's being rude, most of your are being rude right back! Talk about hypocrites. If you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. Jeesh, just be the bigger person if you think she was being so rude and ignore the post.

I'm sorry OP for all the comments. It's not like you were being malicious or anything. Everyone just needs to give it a rest and move on.

So being fat and insecure gives you a get out of jail free rude card? But, once you have worked your *kitten* off to get into shape you can't speak your mind or work out in the gym because you might upset someone???

It was malicious. Drop the white knight act and actually read the insults she threw out there.

If I went and created a thread "I work out at home cause I couldn't stand the fatties at the gym" I would be reported in a heartbeat. I'm still fat but I take personal responsibility for my comments, because I'm an adult and I don't take this whole I'm insecure so I can insult anyone I want .
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Can you try Planet Fitness? I think they're a gym that is almost exactly what you're looking for. Plus I heard it's cheap.

^^ that gym above is targeted to people who feel like you do! Try it out?

But possibly consider that wanting to only be around people just like you even though it is somewhat "natural/typical" it is also a pretty bad way to go about your life, especially if you want to change yourself to be OUT of the very group you feel comfortable around and INTO the group you feel uncomfortable around: if you want to be accepted for who you are, you also need to start accepting others the way they are. If everyone wanted to push away all other types of people and viewpoints that make them uncomfortable, we'd all be just living in a small space with few people or alone with images and viewpoints piped in, catered to be similar to our own views and biases only and never experience most of life and be clueless to other people's situations, I mean, that doesn't happen in real life...oh wait a minute....
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

weeble.jpg

omfg lolololololol:laugh: :laugh: dafuq:laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

So. I'm supposed to be nice to people who basically think people who look like me don't belong at her gym?

Oh.

Why is that the insulted party is always the one obligated to be nice?
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Okay, please just ignore everyone calling you bitter and jealous and rude. Clearly the idea of opening a gym for overweight people is absurd, but how you feel is totally normal. As someone said earlier, changing you attitude comes with changing your body. You're not going to feel awesome overnight, and the thought of it can sometimes make it difficult to watch people who are very fit around you!

Just try to stay positive! Make friends with people at the gym if that's your thing - they are almost always full of tips and success stories of their own.

And the middle finger to all the people on this thread who aren't understanding at all. This is a long, difficult journey that sometimes comes with weird/negative thoughts... Don't let them deter you.
    Totally agree with this.
    To the OP I totally get what you mean. Obviously you can't have a gym for just over weight people but I do know how you feel. When I go to the gym I don't wear make up and i'm one of those people who HATE being seen without make up but I go and just get on with it. I tried the whole 'wearing make up that looks like you're not wearing make up' thing but it didn't work cause I get that sweaty that I look a patchy mess with panda eyes plus I read somewhere once that if you look pretty at the end of a workout then you're not working hard enough so I just tell myself this lol. But yeah, occasionally in life I see others, not just in the gym and I feel down on myself cause I think they're better than me in some way but I just think it's human nature to feel insecure from time to time. Just keep going, soon enough you'll be one of those skinny people :smile:
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    36h5q2.jpg
  • kender54
    kender54 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Completely unrelated to all above comments, I wanted to say that there IS a gym just for overweight people that I'm aware of. Its called Downsize fitness. I believe it is in Chicago and Texas. The members who start obese and lose weight are still allowed to be members and are there to be role models for the other gym members. However, its my understanding that it costs a huge sum of money. I am not a member of that gym and will never be a member of that gym (I don't even live near Chicago) but the business model does exist. Just wanted to throw that out there.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow, lot of really mean people replying to this.

This is the 2nd biggest reason I don't go to the gym. I hate feeling like I am being stared at and judged by all the people who already have their s*** together. I had a membership for a couple of years and I basically would avoid even looking up for more than a hot second. That way I didn't have to see those looks of disgust from those who were already fit.

1st reason is child care... they aren't open early enough for me to let the rug rats play while I try to not be a fatty and they are too little to let them be home alone.

3rd... I did the personal trainer thing.. it took me over 30 minutes to be able to breath again after my session with her... screw that, I am not just fat, I am obese... she clearly had/has no clue what that is like.
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    Okay, please just ignore everyone calling you bitter and jealous and rude. Clearly the idea of opening a gym for overweight people is absurd, but how you feel is totally normal. As someone said earlier, changing you attitude comes with changing your body. You're not going to feel awesome overnight, and the thought of it can sometimes make it difficult to watch people who are very fit around you!

Just try to stay positive! Make friends with people at the gym if that's your thing - they are almost always full of tips and success stories of their own.

And the middle finger to all the people on this thread who aren't understanding at all. This is a long, difficult journey that sometimes comes with weird/negative thoughts... Don't let them deter you.

I'm sorry. I'm wrong for not understanding why it is acceptable to body shame fit people, but if a fit person does it to a fat person...

Aw-Hell-Naw-Kanye-West-Gif.gif

my bad...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

So. I'm supposed to be nice to people who basically think people who look like me don't belong at her gym?
    Why is that the insulted party is always the one obligated to be nice?

Again, did the OP say that? I haven't read all the replies so perhaps she did later, but she certainly did NOT say that in her first post.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Wow, lot of really mean people replying to this.

This is the 2nd biggest reason I don't go to the gym. I hate feeling like I am being stared and and judged by all the people who already have their s*** together.

1st reason is child care... they aren't open early enough for me to let the rug rats play while I try to not be a fatty and they are too little to let them be home alone.

3rd... I did the personal trainer thing.. it took me over 30 minutes to be able to breath again after my session with her... screw that, I am not just fat, I am obese... she clearly had/has no clue what that is like.

Yet in this case it's the OP who is doing so.
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options

Such nonsense.

"Yes OP. It's ok for you to be rude and call people names, you're insecure. Now if anyone does that in return, or even points out that it's not very nice of you, ignore them and give them the middle finger.

Only insecure, overweight people have the right to shame others. When they do it they should be coddled and encouraged."

I don't care what someone weighs. Acting like a ***** is acting like a *****.

PREACH