Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    It has been very hot and humid here today but I did get a bike ride in this morning. A friend and I went 14.63 miles today in 1 hour and 23 minutes. Not bad for the heat and humidity. I must say it felt good to get out and exercise this morning. Currently we have a line of thunderstorms coming through right now then by Wednesday we are suppose to cool down.

I dropped my car off this morning and pick up the rental car. I found out that I will need a new transmission since they have confirmed 2 leaks instead of 1. Very frustrating but at least the cost will be covered since it is still under 100,000 miles. The 2nd lead was moving into the engine block, not good news. The rental car will be paid for as well since it is a mechanical problem and my car is only a 2008. It could be a week before I get my car back.

Not sure I will be able to swim tonight because of the storms. Be back soon the storms are getting worse,
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tracy- I don't envy your stress over the home offering/counter-offerings! I'm hoping you get a break tomorrow and one of the houses works out for you guys.

Robin- I echo the others who've thanked you for starting this thread! It truly is a blessing that you created it.

Tom- Not too much pandemonium at work today for me...though, there usually is. I even have a pair of scrubs with panda bears all over them...the pattern is called pandemonium. I like to wear it on days I think will be especially hectic. :wink:

Well, I'm off to the gym! I'll probably check in later...if for no other reason than to keep my fingers busy so I won't late-night snack! :happy:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Right now, the stress of buying a home is getting to me. It took 20 months of double payments to sell my house in South Dakota. Now after 6 months of just paying rent, we decided we could look at buying here. We found a home to buy and the appraisal has come in $17,000 lower than planned. :explode: While trying to get that worked out, we have also been looking at other homes and found one. The sellers keep going back and forth and asking for more time to decide if they can drop the price. We've tried to be nice, but I'm homeless as of July 31st, so my niceness can only go so far. :brokenheart: I think we are down to the end...we've given them until noon tomorrow to accept the lower price or we walk. The other home, we did place a bid on it with a "we have to get out of the other house" contingency. They've countered and we have until tmw afternoon to accept the counter or walk on that. Here's hoping that one of those two actually works out for us!!

Well, the appraisal came up a bit. The sellers agreed to sell at the newly appraised price ($10,000 less than our original purchase price - whoo - hoo!). :heart: So that means we are getting the cheapest of the two houses and the one that doesn't need much work. We will close on July 25th. I like that because I have a couple of days to get some painting done before moving everything into the house. We meet with the banker tomorrow to go over closing costs etc. No worry there as we have already been approved at the higher amount, so we will have no problem getting the final approval on the mortgage.

SIGH!!! I've had a headache all day and got final word/signing done at 4:45. Hopefully the headache goes away quickly. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • beckah35
    beckah35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well, I think I got all the pandemonium here. I work 12 hrs on Mondays and it is always hectic. UGH! 1 hr 15 mins left.:ohwell:
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    JULY MILEAGE

Total: 31.26 / 60

07/01 - 0 (migraine!)
    07/02 - 2.5 miles
    07/03 - 2.26 miles walking, 30 min treading water (1.5 miles)
    07/04 - 4 miles
    07/05 - 0 (storm!)
    07/06 - 3 miles
    07/07 - 5 miles
    07/08 - 3 miles
    07/09 - 3 miles
    07/10 - 3.5 miles
    07/11 - 1.5 miles
    07/12 - rest day
    07/13 - 2 miles
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tracy- Yay! Congrats on the closing date!

Beckah- Hope you're able to put your feet up and relax after work.

July Goal: 90 miles

7/1: 5.32
    7/2: 2.63
    7/3: 6.34
    7/4: 1.34
    7/5: 1.19
    7/6: 5.22
    7/7: 2.58
    7/8: 3.77
    7/9: 2.92
    7/10: 6.64
    7/11: 1.70
    7/12: 2.03
    7/13: 4.78
    7/14: 2.70

Total: 49.16
    Sleep Goal: 20/31 days with 7 hrs
    8/20

Monday: Gym-Lift and Stretch-DONE
    Tuesday: Run-
    Wednesday: Bike Ride-
    Thursday: Run and 30DS-
    Friday: Rest -
    Saturday: Bike Ride-
    Sunday: Run-
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 7/14: 2 miles for water aerobics. It is just too hot for walking. Its 101*F right now. It isn't cooling down much at night. When I got up for water aerobics it was still 83*.
    Tracy, congratulations on the house! I hope the move goes smoothly.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Kaye- I hope the heat breaks for you soon. 105 is very hot.

I have started walking the steps in my house at night when I am not that active during the day. Today, was very low key after my bike ride. I did not make it to the pool tonight- it was to hot to go out but the water would have felt good. During the TV commercials, I walked the steps 17 times during three breaks. It worked out very well and I will learn to like steps. This should prevent the lack of activity lecture from my trainer.

Hope everyone has a cooler day tomorrow and those that are getting storms come through safely.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--great way to get more active minutes--makes me wish my house had stairs! Sorry to hear about your car--thank goodness it's still under warranty!

@kaye--I don't envy those temps! My friend who lives in eastern Oregon has been posting about the 100+ temps for the past week--hope it cools off soon for you.

@tracy--so excited for you that the deal went through!!! :drinker: That must be a huge load off.

@becka--congrats on the lbs lost, and hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

@tom--as an avid Tour de France fan, I thought today was merely Bastille Day. :laugh: I actually spent today relaxing by the pool--no pandemonium whatsoever--not that I'm complaining. :wink:

@mzfrizz--congrats on your loss! I need to use that same strategy of "why ruin my progress?" Unfortunately, I'm more likely to say "I'll just run to make up for it." Hmmm, easy to see why my weight loss has stalled... :blushing:

@erienne--I hope your interview goes well tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

@robin--you have had so many challenges, yet you still keep at this--probably the most important lesson of all here is "don't give up" and you are a shining model of perseverence! :flowerforyou:

@tanya--congrats on the inches lost!!

@teresa--do NOT let a fraction of a pound frustrate you. Body weight can fluctuate several pounds a day for a variety of factors that have nothing to do with gaining fat. You are doing great and have the right attitude--it's a marathon, not a sprint. :smile:

@hansea--hope you are feeling better soon! :flowerforyou:

@heidi--hope you get some answers about your sinuses. When I read your nutella story, I chuckled a bit. I saw a huge jar on sale at Target the other day and almost put it in my cart. Then I realized I've NEVER bought nutella in my life. I thought "wow, what a perfect way to sabotage myself," and left it on the shelf. Good thing I don't have kids, or I would probably be in the same boat as you. :laugh:

Monday Check-in:
    Sorry I was MIA yesterday; I ran in the morning before packing up for Lake Geneva. I'm really proud of myself for doing so b/c I could easily have talked myself out of it--it's too hot outside, I don't have enough time, I'll get enough exercise at the pool, blah, blah, blah. However, I didn't let that inner saboteur talk me into skipping the run. Small victory, but considering how hard it's been for me to stay motivated lately, I'll take it!

Lake Geneva was really relaxing. My friend and I just hung out at her house last night. We grilled bugers amd watched a movie on PPV--a Matt Damon film called "Contagion." It was okay.This morning she had someone coming to look at the AC, and once he was done, we went to the pool. I didn't get in much actual swimming time, but did get some nice sunshine to maintain my DR tan. Afterwards, we went to lunch and picked up a few things she needed at Target before driving home.

Thanks for all of the congratulations about my car--I'm so happy with it! I keep waiting for the buyer's remorse to hit, but I just love it so much!!! :love:Tomorrow, I plan to take it to get it waxed really well. I don't have a garage, and there are trees over my driveway, so I want to get a professional coat of wax on the car to protect the finish from leaves and tree sap. Then I just have to remember to get it washed and waxed regularly at the touch-free drive-thru wash to maintain the wax job. I also want to scotchguard the interior b/c it's cloth.

After that I will either go to the gym or run outside again. I had started tracking my total miles, but realize 1) I really like the surprise of how many miles I'm at when laurie posts updates, and 2) I hate math. Therefore, I'm not going to track the total miles anymore.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @mzfrizz - Congrats on 11 lbs!! Great Job.

@beckah - Hope you're feeling better and YAY for the weight loss.

@teresa - Hope the Chiro can help with your back. I have back issues as well and have found the combination of weight loss and Pilates has solved most of it. Of course, I was miserable on Sunday afternoon after sitting in the car for 7 hours. I'm OK when I can move around every hour, but really suffer when I have to sit.

@laurie - Cars.....what a pain. Hope yours is better soon.

@tlh - So glad the house is working out!

@skinnyjeanz - Yay for the new car and it's wonderful smell! A day at the lake and a swim sounds divine. Around here you feel like you're in the water when you walk outside, but it's just the darn humidity.

AFM - Had a great weekend in Nashville. On Saturday night, we went to a vineyard and had a picnic complete with wine tasting while enjoying the beautiful view, live music and time with good friends. Pretty much the perfect evening.

July Mileage Goal: 100 miles

7/1 - 3.02
    7/2 - 5.02 (3.02 walk and class)
    7/3 - 4.86 (2.86 walk and class)
    7/4 - 3.92
    7/5 - Rest Day
    7/6 - 2.70
    7/7 - 4.72 (2.70 walk and class)
    7/8 - 2.91
    7/9 - 2.86
    7/10 - 2.90
    7/11 - 2.90
    7/12 - 7.30 (14,615 Fitbit steps)
    7/13 - 3.98 (7,978 Fitbit steps)
    7/14 - 2.90
    7/15 - 2.88

Total: 52.87
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    July miles
    1 - 1.57
    2 - 2.16
    3 - 0.99
    4- 1.61
    5 - 3.97
    6 - 2.89
    7 - 5.61
    8 - 0.86
    9 - 3.93
    10-1.00
    11-4.00
    12 - 1.49
    13 - 1.39
    14 - 3.86

35.33 / 85
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Laurie~I’m sorry the repairs on your car are going to take so long; glad it’s covered under warranty though.

@Karen~I had buyer’s remorse big time when I bought the car I have now, I felt so guilty for trading in the car I had for a newer version. :wink:

@Tracy~Hooray, I’m so glad things worked out with the house, closing will be here before you know it! I’ve been having headaches lately too, today is day two for me—it goes away for a while and then comes back. I think mine is sleep deprivation.

AFM~Yesterday was a low activity day, I meant to get to the gym but like I said to Tracy a headache plagued me on/off all day and with a recent bout of insomnia I didn’t have the energy. I do see my trainer tonight though. Hard to believe but my next cruise is 95 days away, not that I’m counting. :laugh:

I haven’t posted exercise goals in a while:

Monday~Gym NOT DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer
    Wedneday~Gym
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Sauna
    Saturday~Rest Day
    Sunday~Trainer

July Mileage:

7/01/14—3.39mi
    7/02/14—3.30mi
    7/03/14—3.23mi
    7/04/14—None
    7/05/14—1.58mi
    7/06/14—1.97mi
    7/07/14—4.81mi
    7/08/14—3.69mi
    7/09/14—4.00mi
    7/10/14—2.76mi
    7/11/14—4.14mi
    7/12/14—1.93mi
    7/13/14—2.14mi
    7/14/14—2.82mi

Total: 39.76/100 Miles
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

Happy Cow Appreciation Day
    When : July 15th Today is Cow Appreciation Day. And, that's no bull! But, it is something to "Moo" about. Our appreciation for cows can be expressed in many ways. Some websites suggest you go out and give a cow a big hug and/or a kiss. While it might sound like fun, you don't have to go to extremes to enjoy this special day. It can be as simple as pausing for a moment to to think about cows, and all that they do for us.
    Now that we've had our moment of silence, it's time to celebrate. Have an ice cold glass of milk. Add chocolate syrup, if you prefer. Then, fire up the grill, and cook some burgers or a steak. And, don't forget to get your fill of cheese. Sorry, goat cheese is not allowed today.

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” ~Colin Powell

Tom
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Tom - I love the idea of celebrating cows by eating them - as a daughter of a cattleman I grew up - can you imagine this - eating steaks 4 times a week and hamburger the rest - not a vegetarian in the family! Now I can barely afford a steak a month! Whooie!

Exercise - took a break Sunday and did ten wall sit ups yesterday - early in the day for me - today am running behind. Oops theres my alarm - gotta go!
  • beckah35
    beckah35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lives2travel, Skinnyjean, Teresa, Thanks for the well wishes and congratulations!!

Hansea-Unfortunately, I did not get to relax after work. I went home and cleaned and moved a little furniture. I am supposed to be getting a piano this week and have to rearrange some things.

tlh-Yay on getting the house you wanted!!! Congrats!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @laurie... Good idea using the steps during commercials. I thought of that too, but I don't have central air, only air conditioner on the main floor so it gets really hot when I get about half way upstairs. I may do that in the colder months when it will suck to go outside. For now, I love getting my exercise outdoors. (upstairs bedrooms are just storage)

@ Tracy... Congrats on the house! You must be so relieved.

Congrats to those who have dropped pounds as well.

AFM, I'm completely exhausted today. Did cross fit at physio today, plus upper body strength training. Then I went for a hike to get the rest of my steps in (daily goal is 15,000). Then I had pizza for dinner... Ugh... Too tired (and lazy)to cook. I've burned almost 3000 calories and it's not 7pm yet, so I justified it, plus I only had a yogurt cup and banana for lunch. At least my snacks are healthy. I wanted to watch the MLB all star game but I think I may just go to bed early instead.

7/14: 5.3miles 122 AM
    7/15: 3.2 miles 105 AM
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

Tuesday Goals:
    Well I met my exercise goal by running outside today. It was perfect weather for it--very cool here today. Sorry to those of you struggling with heat and humidity. I also got the new car waxed and did some armor-alling and scotchguarding of the interior. Then I went through all of the stuff I pulled from the old car, threw away the junk, and put what I need in the new car. Now I'm doing some laundry after an evening walk with gunner.

I haven't yet posted my "to do" list for stuff I want to get done around the house, so I'll list some of those goals now.

Goals:
    1. clear 2013 financial paperwork out of files
    2. file 2014 paperwork
    3. shred old files
    4. wash/dry clean all drapes in house
    5. do something about house plants--some are dead, some need to be re-potted
    6. do something about dead laptop
    7. clean out spare bedroom

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Tuesday goals to keep moving throughout the day and reduce the time I sit and get nothing accomplished.

Today, I had a great workout and it was something different. It was a combination of strength training and active recovery for cardio. It was 5 minutes of a machine then move to the track and either walked or jogged to the corners. At each corner (4) we did an exercise- push ups, mt. climbers, knee ups, planks. It was a high energy workout then I went to happy hour tonight and had a great time. It is raining here so hopefully tomorrow we will have the cooler temps.

One more day and I will post the status update for week 2. If you have decided to drop this challenge please let me know.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Karen: I am jealous that you got a new set of wheels. I need one myself.

Quick-ish post before I go to bed.

Monday Check-in: I am happy that I have smoothly transitioned from C25K to C210K with minimal kicking and screaming. These runner people have strong kool-aid.

Tuesday Goals:

Monday- C210K DONE
    Tuesday- Strength and Belly Dance (I skipped strength to get ready for my interview. I did dance, though)
    Wednesday- C210K
    Thursday- Strength and Softball
    Friday- C210K
    Saturday- Free choice
    Sunday- Rest

Mileage
    7/1: 2.5
    7/2: rest
    7/3: 2.5
    7/4: rest
    7/5: 2.5
    7/6: rest
    7/7: 3
    7/8: rest
    7/9: 3
    7/10: 11
    7/11: 0
    7/12: 4
    7/13: rest
    7/14: 4
    7/15 rest

MTD 32.5
    Goal 50
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 7/15: 2 miles from water aerobics. It is cooling down a bit. I think we can get out and walk soon.
    Onward and downward. Kaye