ANYBODY A HEIGHT 5'8 AND ABOVE!!!

Options

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i am 5"8. I weigh 124 currently and i want to be 110. I started out at 130. My current jean size is a 3 long. I was a 5 long. Love handle workout.: place a weight in each hand. stand up like you are about to do jumping jacks. hands upw ith the weights. bend side ways and hold for 15 counts then stand up into starting position. to the other side. which ever way you are reaching you are working out the other side.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8", currently 200.0 and a size 16. Goal is 164--where I was a size 10 jeans on bottom, but closer to a 14 on top, thanks to The Girls. I really don't feel or look healthy much below that.
  • Pinomami89
    Pinomami89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, no. It is not because of how I look (most people don't notice when I fluctuate 10 lbs), but how I feel. I'm a dancer and most of the time my weight is between 137 and 142. I got injured in the beginning of 2010, so I wasn't able to dance. I gained about 15 lbs over the course of the year between not exercising and eating away my depression which put me at my highest weight ever of 155.5. I didn't look bad, like I said, fluctuation of 10 to 15 lbs when your tall is hardly noticible to most people unless wearing spandex everyday is part of your profession...haha, but my clothes didn't fit very well and I felt tired. My injury is healed and I'm back on track.
    [/quote]

Oh ok I feel ya..thats good ur back on track you get to get back to working out the way you wanna and thats good =)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am 5"10. 145 lbs. Size 9 pants, size medium tops (and they are snug at my shoulders).
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5", and currently I weigh 183. Highest weight, 187, just around Christmas time. My lowest weight ever was 118, but I know it's completely unrealistic (and UNHEALTHY!) to get back down to that weight. My goal weight is to be in the 130 - 142 range, with my red flag weight being 155.

I'm don't bother with clothing sizes because they are wacked out and vary SO much from store to store. I sew my own clothes a lot of the time, and did you know that back in the 60's (I use a lot of vintage patterns), a size "10" was someone with a 31 1/2" bust and a 24" waist?!?! Pffffft. In today's day and age, that person is a size "6". Sizes in today's society have been modified anyways to accomodate our vanity, so I don't base anything on them. As long as it fits, you feel great in it and you're at a healthy weight, who cares what a clothing tag says! :)
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and weigh 140. I started out at 185 after my daughter was born. I was a size 18 pant and a XL shirt. I'm now a size 8 pant and a M shirt. I have been maintaining my weight for a year and 4 months. I am happy at this weight, but I could still use some toning up, which I'm currently working on.
  • karonJM
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I weigh 157 this morning. Bummer. Yesterday I weighted 155. I wear size 12 in jeans. I want to weigh 135. My teen daughter wanted to take me shopping for a 'shaper' to hold it all in. Thats when I knew I needed to get serious. I need to remember that.
  • vanrunninggirl
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently 144 lbs, usually wear somewhere between a size 4-8. My heaviest ever was around 176 lbs at 18 years old after 6 months of drinking and eating too much while in Australia. I can't really remember what my lowest was - I think at highschool graduation - working out almost every day but still not having the eating figured out, i was somewhere around 140. Please ladies, lets not make a goal of weighing something we did before we even hit puberty and got hips. I like this thread because it's too easy to compare ourselves to our friends who are 5' 5 and look their best at somewhere around 120-130 lbs. My lean body mass is calculated at 117 lbs -that's with 0% body fat, so VERY unrealistic to ever weigh close to that. Also, try to ignore what the weight predictor estimates on here after you submit your daily food intake.
  • copper33
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9 and currently weighing 160lbs. My 'usual' weight is 140lbs and at that weight I wear jeans in a size 12 (UK) size 10 (US). Interestingly, I can still actually fit into those jeans sizes at this heavier weight, but they look AWFUL!

Looks like 140 is a nice 'slim' weight for those of us around 5ft 8... It's so rare to see people be honest about their weight!
  • zumba66girl
    Options
    I am 5'10" 44 years old. started my weight loss journey just around 200 and right now around 175. Wearing a baggy 12 but 10's are too snug yet....Would like to be 155. Might have to settle for 160 because people say I look like a bean pole at that weight. Good luck to all Tall Bigger Beautiful Women....I am so tired of being called Amazon.
  • llaurall
    Options
    I'm a 6 ft female and my heaviest weight was 210 lbs. I'm currently 178.2 lbs and aim to be between 161-168 lbs
  • adawn09
    adawn09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 years old 5'8". In some of my pictures I was 170 lbs, pant size 12. At 155 my pant size was 10. 145 pant size was 8. Now I pretty much made it to my goal weight of 136 lbs. Now I am a size 6 jeans. I have a fairly big bone structure, but I would say that 130-140 is where I feel the best about my body. Hope that kind of helped. =)
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i am 5'9 @ (currently) 191....my heaviest weight ever! UGH!....my goal right now is to loose 50 lbs in the next 6 months....according to the calendar, i can do it if i loose 2 lbs per week....hopefully i can make this happen...any advice out there success stories?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    i am 5"8. I weigh 124 currently and i want to be 110. I started out at 130. My current jean size is a 3 long. I was a 5 long. Love handle workout.: place a weight in each hand. stand up like you are about to do jumping jacks. hands upw ith the weights. bend side ways and hold for 15 counts then stand up into starting position. to the other side. which ever way you are reaching you are working out the other side.

SCARY: 110 is a BMI of 16.7, underweight is <18.5. At this weight you are steps away from forced institutionalization due to starvation. Be wary and stop looking at the scale, build muscle tone to look better and have your clothes fit better. You are 20 year old woman not a 14 year old girl who doesn’t know better and has that typical grade 9 pressure from friends. Its better you get that kick in the pants from some stranger on the internet then before your friends and family start bothering you and then forcibly put you into rehap recovery thereby delaying your future plans of University, your own home, spouse, kids, pets whatever it is you desire. Stop, learn and then get to the size you want the healthy way. You can hate me all you want.
  • mustang52
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently weigh 169. I wear a size 10/12. My highest weight was 268lbs a few years ago. My goal is to be back in the 150's again. I was down to 150 a few years ago, but was told I was too skinny for my height and body frame.
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently at 229 lbs (my heaviest was about 250) I wear a size 14 jean (Canada) but I can fit into some 12' s albeit snugly. I have a bigger frame/bones so I don't really see me going below 170lbs, but time will tell. I'd like to be able to have loose fitting size 12 jeans or even 10s if my thighs will let me, and I'd like to get down to a loose Large on top (my top half is my heaviest). But most of all I'd like to be healthy and have energy and stay as far away from getting diabetes as possible!
  • Pinomami89
    Options
    i am 5'9 @ (currently) 191....my heaviest weight ever! UGH!....my goal right now is to loose 50 lbs in the next 6 months....according to the calendar, i can do it if i loose 2 lbs per week....hopefully i can make this happen...any advice out there success stories?

Yeah u will beable to lose that weight in 6 months I know u can do it..because I had the same mind set goal and im losing 2 lbs a week or 3 sometimes =) So just get ur mind set to it and I know u can do it =)
  • Pinomami89
    Options
    I'm 19 years old 5'8". In some of my pictures I was 170 lbs, pant size 12. At 155 my pant size was 10. 145 pant size was 8. Now I pretty much made it to my goal weight of 136 lbs. Now I am a size 6 jeans. I have a fairly big bone structure, but I would say that 130-140 is where I feel the best about my body. Hope that kind of helped. =)

Yeah you really helped me out Thank You because I think im 5'8 im not even sure lol...but im 182lb right now jean size 12 I was just tryna figure out what size I would be if I weighed 170 I ws wonder if I go down a size =) If so I would Love it lol!
  • Pinomami89
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently weigh 169. I wear a size 10/12. My highest weight was 268lbs a few years ago. My goal is to be back in the 150's again. I was down to 150 a few years ago, but was told I was too skinny for my height and body frame.

Oh really CONGRATS thats is a long journey of losing weight...its very inspirational to me =) I came a way from 230 to 182lbs im proud of my self =) I didn't think I could do it but I see anything is possible you just gotta put ur mind to it and I do it =) And really 150 is my goal too I neva been that weight before in my teenage years I was over weight ugh =( But now im 21 and young I making a change around and getting into that two piece Bikini this summer =)
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    I'm 5' 9.5"

Currently approximately 150 lbs (I'm jumping up and down as I try to maintain). I'm a size 10 pants (comfortably and even a little loosely by the end of the day). In shirts I am typically around a medium.

I'm still packing a little around my midsection, IMO, but don't want to lose anymore weight (minimum weight for my height is around 129) so I'm really trying to focus on toning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!