Kind of Upset

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Actually after the 21 days you should be able to tell what a proper portion is without the containers and you should be trained to eating an all encompassing diet daily. I normally forget to eat fruits or enough protein and this program is helping remind me to do that.

It's not that people are mean per say, it's just that why are they trying to tear down someone who is doing what they feel is best for them?

It's not a fad diet, its real food just properly portioned and a daily workout that gets a person into the habit of eating healthy food correctly and exercising. What is making this a fad diet the food or the workouts?

Oh and is this better with the paragraphs?

What people tear down are the coaches here always trying to sell their stuff.

What's wrong with also suggesting people learn how to do something that's actually sustainable? Maybe you are learning about proper portion size and macros/etc. A lot of people don't take the time and that is what the company wants, for someone to keep buying into it.

ETA: and yes, paragraphs are better. Thank you.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Actually after the 21 days you should be able to tell what a proper portion is without the containers and you should be trained to eating an all encompassing diet daily. I normally forget to eat fruits or enough protein and this program is helping remind me to do that.

It's not that people are mean per say, it's just that why are they trying to tear down someone who is doing what they feel is best for them?

It's not a fad diet, its real food just properly portioned and a daily workout that gets a person into the habit of eating healthy food correctly and exercising. What is making this a fad diet the food or the workouts?

Oh and is this better with the paragraphs?
    BECAUSE IT IS A FAD. IT IS A FAD. IT IS A FAD.
    MFP shows you an easier and simpler(not to mention healthier and cheaper) way to do it, so a lot of people don't take to kindly to gimmicks.

Which is what beachbody is.

IF you want to pay more than you need to, have at it.
    But don't expect pats on the back.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    In for a Friday 'meanie pants" thread. Oh, and cuz I love it...... In for boobies, too...
    h1D3A44FC
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    303csvt.gif
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I think I just read a sales pitch.
  • Glaziazisaur
    Options
    You can select the ignore option for users who seem to consistently bash.

I personally find some of the attitudes on this website to be overly aggressive or with a sense of superiority. Just don't reply to them if they are being sarcastic to you!
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what I just read because my brain put your wall of text in a blender.

In short, as a previous poster said, this site isn't for selling/peddling weight loss products. If you want to join BeachBody, there are groups on this site that may offer more to you.

Personally, I don't know why you want to lighten your wallet. I bought all of Jillian's workout DVD's for a total of like $40 and that does it for me. Otherwise, I would think a personal trainer would be a much better investment, dollar for dollar.

At the end of the day, it's your money. If you want reviews from "actual customers"* they do have a website with a forum you can check out.

*as the site claims, but we all know you can buy bogus reviews because internet.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I would have read the original post but the lack of paragraphs just make me lose the will. From the replies though it's the traditional Friday mean people thread along with beachbody coaches are people to

Remember OP by using paragraphs your also burning at least a calorie by hitting the return key!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    That's a whole lot of money to learn portion sizing. I think a food scale would be a much faster and more effective way of learning that. And probably at a tenth of the cost.

See why people "bash" Beachbody? A bad idea is a bad idea. You can do it all you want. But we don't have to pretend it's the smart thing to do. It's a complete waste.

^Agreed. Why spend that amount of money on tupperware? A food scale costs between $10-$30 and MFP is free. Seems like a no brainer to me.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you want to do fad diets, I'm sure there are echo chambers where you can do them and no one will tell you it's asinine. MFP is about lifestyle changes, something the fads don't teach.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    because we dont advocate fads

we advocate sustainable living

but truthfully I think we all have tried fads

I IF and that is a fad, but it is free :)

I've tried way too many fads. Most embarrassingly (and recently), Sensa and raspberry ketones. That was over 2 years ago and I didn't lose an ounce. That's when I found MFP.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Wait, Beachbody...isn't that Tony Hortons thing, the original 90 day body, p90x, etc?
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I would have read the original post but the lack of paragraphs just make me lose the will. From the replies though it's the traditional Friday mean people thread along with beachbody coaches are people to

Remember OP by using paragraphs your also burning at least a calorie by hitting the return key!

word!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhJ5PQIRpvMQf98-2GkOctR36agoMdHTsTFxb0HYrSpgVtp4NGJgTXVaKL
  • ValGogo
    Options
    because we dont advocate fads

we advocate sustainable living

but truthfully I think we all have tried fads

I IF and that is a fad, but it is free :)

I've tried way too many fads. Most embarrassingly (and recently), Sensa and raspberry ketones. That was over 2 years ago and I didn't lose an ounce. That's when I found MFP.

Sens....haha, isn't that the powder you put on your food? My friend was using that for a minute. Of course it didn't work. (rolls eyes.)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I want to remind the OP that posts on these message boards aren't just about you.

Yes, that's a harsh way of phrasing things, but these posts are read by many members. They're indexed by Google and other search engines. And they're read by lurkers who will never post to these boards asking for advice, many of whom are lurking because they're under age. Topics aren't just about you. They're also about the hundreds of people who will read this thread, either now or two years from now.

You're an adult. You have to be in order to be posting to these boards. You can spend your money and diet however you like. If anyone is personally bashing you, then that should be reported. But try not to personalize disagreeing with the product as anger towards you.

A lot of people, myself included, think that these types of posts should represent both sides of the argument. We just see too many new posters who are confused about which system is best, which advice is right, which is the perfect way to diet, so they give up before they've ever begun. Presenting the idea that dieting can be fairly simple isn't about bashing you. It's about bashing the hundreds of people who come after you. If you're looking for an echo chamber that will only give you positive feedback, then this probably isn't the board for you.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Yes calorie counting is a major part of this site but a ton of people don't even use what mfp sets for them because they are counting macros and using the tdee methods.

Counting macros? Using the TDEE method? I do both of these things and it is still calorie counting. It is just a more refined way of making the calories you are eating count. MFP is the perfect place to do both things.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This is not the place to sell things.

And that's all beachbody is about. Not helping people. Sales.

You like it? Great. They have a site you can feel free to enjoy.

That's not here. We don't have to like Beachbody just because you do. Stop being a child.

Also, your post really just sounds like a cleverly disguised sales pitch. Which is exactly why people bash Beachbody.

Actually this is the first Beachbody thing I have bought, but I won't necessarily buy any of their other stuff so this is not a sales pitch.

I'm not being a child, I just hate that I look up a program and seeing people looking for support but all the dang comments are cutting them down for making a choice that isn't someone else's. You are guilty of being a child if you think that I was trying to sell you on Beachbody, I wasn't asking people to like Beachbody or the products just to not feel the need to cut people down for choosing to use something sold by them.

I don't like their site and have been using MFP for years, why do I have to get cut down for choosing a beachbody product but still wanting to use MFP a site that I like?