Crockpot Pineapple Chicken (80 cal per ck breast)

Replies

• Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Sounds Delish.. BTW.. Love the deer picture....Thanks
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Yummy!!! Sending hubby to the store for pineapple! We already have the rest! Thanks!!!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    bump
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    BUMP
  • Sounds yummy, will have to try. Did you put it over rice, or have veggies as a side?
  • Wow just saw your weight loss, well done, what a big achievement. Very impressed
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Yum! Thanks. I will be trying this :)
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Yum! Can't wait to try.
  • jkc2222
    jkc2222 Posts: 18 Member
    Sounds great! Thanks!
  • ttabangel
    ttabangel Posts: 57 Member
    any idea how long it would take to cook chicken tenderloins like this instead of the breasts?
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Bump
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    We tried this tonight. I must say I'm not a big fan of soy sauce. It smelled terrible to me when it was cooking, but it did taste a lot better than it smelled! We had rice and steamed broccoli with it. YUM!
  • bump.
  • Evanstl
    Evanstl Posts: 44 Member
    Ok what does bump mean? i am new to this site. And if you drain your pineapple juice then how do you prevent your chicken from sticking to your crockpot and staying moist?
  • LDJones57
    LDJones57 Posts: 8 Member
    My wife gimped up her back this past weekend so I am the chief cook and bottle washer. I saw this and thought I'd try it. I dumped the soy sauce in the crockpot, added the spices, laid the chicken breasts over them, the covered them with the can of crushed pineapple (after draining it, of course.) A little over two hours later (crockpot on high) I served it with some Rice-a-Roni Rice Pilaf. My wife was impressed and my kid said, "Dad, I didn't know you could cook!"

Great recipe and about as easy as they come! Thanks for sharing!

-Loren
  • LDJones57
    LDJones57 Posts: 8 Member
    Ok what does bump mean? i am new to this site. And if you drain your pineapple juice then how do you prevent your chicken from sticking to your crockpot and staying moist?

Even after draining it, there's still a lot of moisture in the remaining pineapple. I wondered the same, but when I opened the crockpot the chicken was sitting in a nice broth. They were very moist. And delicious!
  • Yummy Bump :flowerforyou:
  • :flowerforyou: Sounds So goood!! thank you!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Any ideas on a swap for the soy sauce?? I'm allergic.

vietnamese Fish sauce!!!!
  • myrazimmie
    myrazimmie Posts: 31 Member
    bump
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    LOL ... Bump is something that people write into a thread they want to keep track of but they aren't really writing a post at that time. If you write something ... or "bump" ... then post it the topic goes into your topics and you can find it when you need it. :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Okay ... I've got this sitting in my crock pot at home waiting for me. Can't wait to try it out. Mmmmmm
  • mbnym74
    mbnym74 Posts: 2 Member
    bump
  • -4 chicken Breast
    _ 1 -20oz can of pineapple's drained
    - 1/4 cup of soy sauce
    - 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)

Cook on low for 3-4 hours or High for 2 hrs

:happy:

What do you serve as a side? Sounds good.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    2 hours left until this is ready. It is swimming in liquid and I drained my pineapple (I used fresh) and only 2 tbsp of soy. Perhaps the chicken was still frozen in the middle. I'm not worried, just stating an observation.

Next time I wouldn't add the pineapple until maybe its 1/2 done since the edges blacked in <2 hours. They don't appear to have burnt further but still....

I'll let you know how mine tastes and post my pic and nutrition tonight. I am serving this over rice and will also serve sautéed spinach since I have A LOT of spinach to use.

EDIT: I should note I was using a published recipe that concurred that the same time should be used like all other meat-cooking recipes, that being about 8 hours on low.
  • heathersmilez
    Here’s what my dinner looked like; 166 calories 2g fiber and 2 g fat 3 WW points.

I served this on top of brown rice and a side of sautéed spinach. In total, dinner was only 344 calories 5 g fiber and 8 g fat (I used some olive oil in the spinach to bump up my fat count).

I cooked my chicken for 7.5 hours.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member

EDIT: I should note I was using a published recipe that concurred that the same time should be used like all other meat-cooking recipes, that being about 8 hours on low.

Oh ok! I missed that. I tried this and we had let it go for like 3.5 hours on high and it was still pink in the middle. It did fall apart to look like yours in your picture, but I was nervous about eating it. I added way too much soy sauce, it's not a mistake a recommend making. I wasn't pleased with how it turned out. BUT I will try this recipe again, possibly with teryaki sauce instead and will definitely let it cool on low for 8 hours.
  • Here’s what my dinner looked like; 166 calories 2g fiber and 2 g fat 3 WW points.

I served this on top of brown rice and a side of sautéed spinach. In total, dinner was only 344 calories 5 g fiber and 8 g fat (I used some olive oil in the spinach to bump up my fat count).

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

that looks wonderful! I'm adding to my weekly menu. Thank you so much for the pics. Yummo!
  • Merodie
    Merodie Posts: 21
    Sounds right up my alley. Gotta try it. Thanks for sharing!
  • heathersmilez
    Here’s what my dinner looked like; 166 calories 2g fiber and 2 g fat 3 WW points.

that looks wonderful! I'm adding to my weekly menu. Thank you so much for the pics. Yummo!

Anytime! I feel posting recipes just isn't complete until you SEE it. I always take pics of everything I cook. I have 50+ in my wonderful binder now. Best thing I ever did!
This discussion has been closed.