What's for Breakfast????

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    We went out. Had a Belgian waffle, 2 scrambled eggs and some fresh strawberries and blueberries.

It does feel good to be waited on once in a while. When I lived in town a good friend of mine ran a breakfast place. I ate there about five days a week. That was back in my bad old smoking days, and we would pass the morning smoking cigars and drinking coffee. Looking back on those years, I wish I had all that money back. Maybe I could retire a few months earlier.

I hear that. I sure wouldn't mind getting back all of the money I threw away on cigarettes, junk food, and diet plans/pills.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I picked up a new Kashi cereal last week when I was doing the shopping. The numbers are not great, but the price was. Just $2 a box. It taste great, but I had to keep adding to the scale, trying to get the protein numbers up there. Still had to go with a banana, 20 gr Nature Valley protein granola, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, 10 almonds and a Nature Valley breakfast biscuit to get my 30 gr of protein.

40 gr of Organic Promise Raisin Vineyard: 136 calories, 3 gr protein
    28 gr of Honey, Almond & Flax: 99 calories, 4 gr protein

10556226_778803992164726_4911508083127424723_n.jpg
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I had 4 slices of center cut bacon on a english muffin with olive oil mayo.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I made blueberry pancakes this morning with blackberry Greek yogurt on the side.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    almond butter and cherry oatmeal. absolutely delicious!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Kerrygold Dublin Stout cheddar and marmite sammiched 'tween two toaster waffles.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I used corned beef brisket, a slice of Swiss cheese, a Roma tomato, a slice of onion, a New Mexico chili pepper and three eggs to make an omelette this morning. I served it with fruit and toast. It was really good. And hit my protein numbers without any powder.

10525708_779504802094645_5210610365949810712_n.jpg

10574390_779505588761233_7142856137403340348_n.jpg
  • ingasmile2
    ingasmile2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy your pics Larro! And you make such interesting combos! I love cooking on the fly with what is in the cabinets/garden/chicken coop! My husband is always amazed and thrilled when a meal is produced out of thin air!

Right now my breakfast is

Thomas Apple Pie English Muffin (4G protein)
    Market Pantry Cinnamon Brown Sugar Whipped Cream Cheese (1G protein)
    Chipotle Black Bean Burger (17G protein!)

But I do tend to mix it up now and then.

Inga
  • justjumpit278
    justjumpit278 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This morning was 1 1/4 cup of protein Cheerios, 1/2 cup of fresh local blueberries and 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. So yummy! I'm so inspired by this thread though, I think I'll change it up tomorrow. :)
  • arshness
    arshness Posts: 60
    Options
    2014-07-23%2013.19.30.jpg

I used img in brackets.. why does this not work?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51895171/pics/Food/2014-07-23 13.19.30.jpg

Cottage cheese and apple sauce, toast (light bread) with butter and sugar-free boysenberry preserves and Bolthouse Vanilla Chai Tea protein smoothie. Very tastey, about 400 calories. :)
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Let me see if I can get it to post for you, arshness.

2014-07-23%2013.19.30.jpg

I tried, but it wouldn't do it for me either.

it has to have img between these two brackets [ ] at the front, and /img between the brackets [ ] at the end.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I really enjoy your pics Larro! And you make such interesting combos! I love cooking on the fly with what is in the cabinets/garden/chicken coop! My husband is always amazed and thrilled when a meal is produced out of thin air!

But I do tend to mix it up now and then.

Inga

Thanks. I am not crazy about squash, but since I grew them I was going to eat some of them at least. I love pepper, tomato and onions, so I added lots of that. My first planting of squash is gone, but I have more coming along nicely.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Fruit and/or oatmeal here. Almost every day. I don't usually find my appetite until after my workout, so I make the **** up for it around noon.

Note: Once a month I flip out and have, like, an entire brownie for breakfast or something. It's a weakness.
  • tcamp02
    tcamp02 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology with 1/2 banana, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk blended with ice. I have some variation of this everyday...quick, healthy and easy!
  • mygnsac
    Options
    I used corned beef brisket, a slice of Swiss cheese, a Roma tomato, a slice of onion, a New Mexico chili pepper and three eggs to make an omelette this morning. I served it with fruit and toast. It was really good. And hit my protein numbers without any powder.

Your omelette looks so good! I usually make an omelette on the weekend (no time during the work week).

Today I had 1/2 of a breakfast burrito (from the Mexican restaurant across the street from where I work), with fresh made tortilla, eggs, roasted potato, roasted red bell peppers and 1 slice of bacon, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and cantaloupe.

One of these days I will take some time to try and figure out how to post a pic on MFP. I've made a couple attempts, but haven't succeeded yet. :grumble:
  • larrodarro
    Options

Your omelette looks so good! I usually make an omelette on the weekend (no time during the work week).

Today I had 1/2 of a breakfast burrito (from the Mexican restaurant across the street from where I work), with fresh made tortilla, eggs, roasted potato, roasted red bell peppers and 1 slice of bacon, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and cantaloupe.

One of these days I will take some time to try and figure out how to post a pic on MFP. I've made a couple attempts, but haven't succeeded yet. :grumble:

Thanks. I work nights and weekends, so I can take my time over breakfast during the week. But most of the time I only cook on my lift days, Mondays and Thursdays, and not always then. There never seems to be enough time to take care of everything around the Larro Ranchero, so most days it's some kind of Kashi, granola, flax seed meal, milk and protein powder. I did add Greek yogurt and sliced almonds to the mix this morning.

And at lunch I mixed up 100 gr Greek yogurt, 15 gr toasted and salted pumpkin seeds and 15 gr sliced almonds. It was very good, had 18 gr of protein and only 230 calories. I may add the pumpkin seeds to my breakfast in the future.

And about posting pictures. You have to post them on a hosting site first. I use Face Book because they don't have a limit on space you can use. {or I haven't seen anything about a limit} Once you have it uploaded to your hosting site, click on it to bring it to full size, then right click and save image IRL. In another window go to the thread you want to post in, then put img between these two brackets [ ]. Copy the saved image IRL, then put /img between the same two brackets [ ]. When you press post, the picture should be there. I have found it crops off a little of the right side, so I offset my pictures when I'm taking them.

Hope this helps,

Larro
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    straaaaaaawberries with half a teaspoon of sugar coz they are juicy!
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    One piece of pumpernickel toast with butter, half a cup of baby carrots, and as a special treat a glass of apple juice! I'm not usually hungry in the morning so my breakfasts are always small.
  • mygnsac
    Options

Thanks. I work nights and weekends, so I can take my time over breakfast during the week. But most of the time I only cook on my lift days, Mondays and Thursdays, and not always then. There never seems to be enough time to take care of everything around the Larro Ranchero, so most days it's some kind of Kashi, granola, flax seed meal, milk and protein powder. I did add Greek yogurt and sliced almonds to the mix this morning.

And at lunch I mixed up 100 gr Greek yogurt, 15 gr toasted and salted pumpkin seeds and 15 gr sliced almonds. It was very good, had 18 gr of protein and only 230 calories. I may add the pumpkin seeds to my breakfast in the future.

And about posting pictures. You have to post them on a hosting site first. I use Face Book because they don't have a limit on space you can use. {or I haven't seen anything about a limit} Once you have it uploaded to your hosting site, click on it to bring it to full size, then right click and save image IRL. In another window go to the thread you want to post in, then put img between these two brackets [ ]. Copy the saved image IRL, then put /img between the same two brackets [ ]. When you press post, the picture should be there. I have found it crops off a little of the right side, so I offset my pictures when I'm taking them.

Hope this helps,

Larro

Thanks for the pic posting info Larro. I'll give it another try!

I like to add raw unsalted pumpkin or pepita seeds to all kinds of things. I keep a bag of them in the freezer and just toss a tbs of them in things like hot cereals, soups, salads, beans, etc.