Food No Longer On Shelves, That You Miss ?

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    cookies n' cream Twix

New York Seltzer, especially the black cherry flavor

mint Kit Kats and orange Kit Kats. Found them for a few months about 10 yrs ago in a party/card store and never again...sad

Aldi store brand chipotle ranch dressing...at least they haven't had it in my local Aldi in a year. I also have a hard time finding their sweet potato fries and salmon burgers lately, ugh. No idea though if any of those Aldi items are discontinued, though. They're probably just not items they stock all of the time in all stores :-/

Aldi's chipolte ranch dressing and sweet potato fries do hit our local Aldi's from time to time but I couldn't answer you on salmon burgers, that's one food I'm not fond of. I wonder if you could get any info on the Aldi's website or maybe ask to speak with the manager of your store, they might be able to order a specific item if enough people are interested.

With all the things that have come back around since I was a kid in the 80's I'm afraid to say I miss anything as it all seems to be ruined now so if they brought them back the new taste would ruin my memories. My favorite M & M was the light brown one and on the odd occasion I eat M & M's it still ticks me off. LOL
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    My dad used to buy these banana-flavored cookies that I think were made by Chiquita. They were banana shaped and yellow on one side, chocolate on the other. Can't find them anywhere THEY WERE SO GOOD. >_<
  • Cmejstrik
    Cmejstrik Posts: 25 Member
    Boo berry cereal. There was a strawberry one too, don't remember the name. And Count Chocula I think. Do they still make these? They were awesome. I would seriously eat a whole box right now if I could get my hands on one.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Chicken Tonight, Doritos 3D, HiC Ecto Cooler, Jello Pudding Pops, Wonder Balls

Oh, now I have the Chicken Tonight commercial song in my head.

The only thing I can think of that I miss are the Doritos that are Jack Cheese flavored - they were a special edition, I didn't discover them until the end of their run, and I spent weeks trying to find them. I did finally give up but if they came out again I would be all over them.

I didn't even realize Jello Pudding Pops were not made anymore - that makes me sad.

ETA: Just remembered one thing I do really miss - Ovaltine bars - they were chocolate bars with Ovaltine mixed in. I think they still have something similar in Europe but I am not sure (it's been a couple years since I checked) . I still look for them online occasionally. I grew up near the Ovaltine factory and so I am not sure they were available everywhere but oh, they were so good. Now I may have to do another internet search.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Boo berry cereal. There was a strawberry one too, don't remember the name. And Count Chocula I think. Do they still make these? They were awesome. I would seriously eat a whole box right now if I could get my hands on one.

Franken Berry was the strawberry one. I think they may still make them but only around Halloween. I remember reading something about that at one point in like the past year or so. Not sure if they are available all year (or if some are and some are not) or if they still come out around Halloween but if you don't see them now that is when I would say to look for them.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Oreoos.jpg

I came here to say this.

Freaking. Oreo O's.

My sister went to Texas years ago. At the time, they were still on the shelves here in NC. They weren't down in Texas. The people she was staying with thought she was crazy when she asked where she could buy them. Poor thing. Came back to NC, and they weren't available here anymore, either.

They were. Amazing. Seriously. I wish they'd bring them back.

Also, Pepsi Blue. It didn't have a long life. I remember being home from school when it was released, sick with cat scratch fever. My mom took me to CVS to pick up the medicine and said I could choose whatever I wanted from the store, because she felt bad because I was sick (I also got to choose lunch that day - bread pizza = awesome).. and I saw Pepsi Blue. I was amazed at the color. Mind you, my mom didn't let us drink soda often... but she gave in that day. And it was amazing. It was short lived, though.

You can still find Boo Berry and Count Chocula at some dollar stores. My local Family Dollar carries them frequently.

Everyone is going to love this... I found a site dedicated to foods that no longer are!

http://discontinuedfoods.com/
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    The Marathon Bar (it was a chocolate covered caramel candy bar that looked braided or like chain links). Those were the best, miss them. Orange flavored Live Wire Mountain Dew. If it is still made, I haven't seen it in my part of the country in years. :(
    Carnation Chocolate Chip breakfast bars (not the kind they have now- completely different ones from when I was a child). Man, now I want these things.

My boyfriend just had the Orange Live Wire Mtn Dew YESTERDAY!! Come to Michigan. :)

I saw the Mt Dew in a gas station yesterday myself, and I'm in Louisiana!!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Seeing people mention Doritos reminded me...

The Doritos Late Night line. Do they still make those anywhere? When my mom worked at our local Marathon, they had a lot of those in stock. She and I were literally addicted to the cheeseburger ones. The taste was like nothing I'd ever had in a chip. And then they were just gone, replaced with some other Dorito flavor.

I miss those.
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    French toast crunch! I used to love that stuff.
  • foofoobunny12
    foofoobunny12 Posts: 4 Member
    I used to like "coke with lemon" and crispy M&Ms.
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Clearly Canadian carbonated drink!

YES!! The black cherry.

This!!! Everclear was it? Those things were the BEST.
  • fitcrystal1121
    fitcrystal1121 Posts: 49 Member
    dunkaroos!
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    They don't make dunkaroos anymore?!?
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Nabisco's strawberry Toastettes
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Humpty Dumpty potato chips, especially dill pickle. A bowl of those had so much flavor they hurt your tongue, in a good way lol. I miss them. Any fellow Canadians agree?
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Carnation Breakfast Bars from the 70's and early 80's. They changed them in the 80's and made them sweeter and chewy but the originals were kind of gritty and crumbly inside with chocolate coating on the outside. OMG the chocolate chip ones were the best. I could eat an entire box after school (I'm sure my breakfast bar habit was a main contributor to my obesity as a kid)

Carnation makes "breakfast essentials bars" now and it's NOT the same thing. Not even close.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    There was another thing when I was a kid that I'm glad not to find because I'd want it. It was these boxed cupcakes you could make with jello pudding in the center.

If anyone knows where to find them, don't tell me!

I don't know where to find them, and good thing for me, too :wink:

I know Mexican CocaCola is available in our stores (single bottles at a time $1.09 a piece). But what I really miss is glass bottled Pepsi and Dr. Pepper from my youth. You know, buying a six pack and having to pay a deposit on the bottles. My grandma let us kids take all the bottles back for pocket change :happy:

The local gas station also had a chest cooler of the Pepsi 6oz bottles for 25 cents each. Finding a quarter on the ground at age 10 was like hitting the lottery, lol!

I miss Pepsi in glass bottles too. Never really liked canned pop. (soda if you are from St. Louis) My mom would allow me to have one a day even when they went to 16 ounces.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    what I wouldn't give for a surge and a taco bell chili cheese burrito.

surge33.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    My husband misses Coke Black, which they made for maybe 10 minutes (espresso with Coke).

I loved this, too. It was the only non-diet soda I ever liked. That and Jolt!, which someone else had mentioned.
    Zero candy bars. I think they're still made, but I haven't seen them in forever.

They sell them at the convenience store downstairs in the building where I work. They're not bad, but I think the nougat ruins it for me.
    Cheetos Paws (not sure if that's the official name, but they were paw-shaped)

I was just telling my husband about those last night. I did like them a lot, even though all they are is paw-shaped Cheetos, no different taste or anything.

I loved the lemon Diet Coke - but I can't find it anymore, anywhere. Lime, yes. But I adored the lemon. All gone now. :( And Altoids Sours. (Especially the mango ones.) And let's not even discuss the discontinued Ben and Jerry's flavors.

I MISS WAVY GRAVY. :sad: