Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• oct0pus
    oct0pus Posts: 9
    Options
    Yes. I was overweight once and I don't see why that can make you love anyone less.
    I would probably try to get them to get healthy if they're larger because of bad habits/laziness/poor eating - especially since if I'm with them, I won't want to get into bad habits again.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have been attracted to overweight men in the past, but they never gave me the time of day because I was overweight and they thought they deserved better. One guy even told a friend, (I never told him I liked him. My friend took it upon herself to ask.), that I was too big for him and if I lost the weight, I could call him! He was 250lb and I was barely 150lb! If I got hit on, it was always by a guy I would have thought was out of my league.
    But to answer your question, if I was attracted to someone overweight, than yeah, I would have given him a chance.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Of course.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    i have.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I've said it a thousand times. The greatest lover I've ever known weighed at least 275. Her stamina was incredible and she was also one of the most flexible and athletic people I have ever known. Never judge a book by it's cover.
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've dated a few heavy, and a number of skinny girls. Weight does not dictate a person. I married a girl who had a little extra, so what?
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Yet another thread where people are rarely 100% honest with their answers as not to offend everyone.

Overweight is a very ambiguous term. Depending on the degree of "overweight" will most likely sway everyone's answer.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I like thicker girls so by technical term I love overweight women.

Especially if she has a big booty.
  • MissesBee
    MissesBee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If I'm being honest and someone really overweight asked me out I'd probably say no because I'm not physically attracted to them. That may sound shallow but then I don't know their personality at that stage so looks are all I've got to go on.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    No because fitness is a huge part of my life and its integral part of who I am as a person so we would not have that much in common. I think its best not to be with someone who has opposite goals health wise to you as your always going to be fighting an uphill battle with them.

I have dated overweight guys and I ended up being overweight as a result as their habits / lifestyle rubbed off on me and I began to think oh we ll they don't care why should I bother trying any more so when pizza was brought home practically every night it was eaten and I ended up feeling horrible and we barely did anything as we were too tired all the time. I stopped going to the beach which is my favourite thing as I felt too fat.

That is why id only date someone who is fit and healthy so they can run on the beach with me , come to the gym with me eat healthy with me encourage me to be the best me I can be outside and in and visa versa. I would rather be with someone that had my goals and values regarding health in common.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    absolutely not
  • angels960
    angels960 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I have dated overweight guys and I ended up being overweight as a result as their habits / lifestyle rubbed off on me and I began to think oh we ll they don't care why should I bother trying any more so when pizza was brought home practically every night

^^
    This

That's why I wouldnt, I am trying to change to a healthy lifestyle and I dont have that much self control so being around someone that just loves to eat junk would make me do the same thing.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Depends how overweight. A couple of lbs, of course. Several stone, nope.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    no
  • going2heaven87
    Options
    You would love my brother lol. He lifts weight and is really strong, but he can't let go of that inner fat kid (who loves reeses) lol
  • ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Honestly.... it would be hard. I know the direction I am trying to head in my life. I want to have a active, healthy lifestyle. So overweight... not a deal breaker. Lazy and unmotivated, eating junk all the time, with no desire to change. Probably not.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Depends on how easy she is.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I always felt like one fatty in the relationship was enough and that I had MORE than enough fat for both parties. I've always only dated thin/average/very slightly overweight men. My husband is 15 pounds overweight for his frame and he's working to lose it.