Anyone starting Turbo Fire in January?

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy MLK Day! I'm dragging a little bit today because I've not been sleeping well but I did get up and rock out today's workout. Today I completed Push Circuit 1 from the Chalean Extreme program and hula hooped. I was able to increase my weights to 20 lbs for the bicep curls, all the squats and the overhead tricep extension. I know I coul lift heavier for the weights but was able to feel my legs shake a little bit with the one leg and heel squats so overall I'm happy w/my effort.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and today has gotten off to a good start.

Telcochik: Great burn w/today's workout. I haven't viewed Fire 60 yet but if it's anything like Fire 45 or Fire 45 EZ I'm a bit scared to do it for a full hour. Good thing it's not on the schedule for a while.

Be Light: Thank you for the compliment. I really feel good. I have yet to view all my dvds but wondering if I should now. You might try wiping the dvd down to clean it up but if it still doesn't work I would contact BB.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Choco - Fire 60 is by far my favorite routine but I was totally intimidated by the length before I tried it. Once I pushed play though I fell in love...best songs, best choreography, and the time flies by. Don't do what I did and get caught up on the "60"...if you follow Chalene's schedule by the time you get to Fire 60 you'll be ready!!!

Sharon
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just finished the TF prep schedule and am on to day 3 of the regular schedule but I seem to have stopped losing weight! How frustrating! I am going to keep plugging away.

I am logging all my food on MFP. The problem I am having is I don't know how to put in my calories. There is no TF in the workout list. Is the only way to know my calories burned to splurge on a bodybugg?? So pricey! Can anyone help me? I'm kind of getting discouraged. Thanks!
  • shondarss
    Options
    Hi all,I did TF Fire 55 tody and burned over 700 cls. I actually felt GREAT the whole workout nd found mysef smiling while I was working out, lol, I think tat kind of reassured me that I was doing my soul mate workout, as Chaleane says. I look forward to what this program is going to do for me in terms of reaching my goals, I am Super excited!!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Today I did HIIT 25 and Tone 30, I love these workouts!! So far my very favorites! And I finally convinced myself to get my feet off the floor during the jumps! I'm not saying it was pretty or graceful, but it was fun!:happy:

I have a claim in with BB, but haven't heard back yet, I will give them a few days, then I will be bugging them again, they WILL replace the damaged DVDs!

I did try to wipe them off, it did not help at all, I'm not looking forward to having to check them all, it will kind of take away the whole "surprise" of the new ones when I get to them, you know?

Keep pushing play, I'll see you tomorrow:bigsmile:
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    choco- looking good.:bigsmile:

kimm- One thing i would like to share with you is not to focus on the scale. I have gone through these same frustrations, but can honestly say I have experienced the same feelings. However, I can see changes in my body and it shows in my clothing. As far as calorie burning we are all different. You can purchase HRM's for a reasonable price. I do not have a bodybugg, and that is something I would really like, but the price is also a concern. However, in the long run how much is your health worth?

I completed Core 20 this morning and Stretch 10. I could not bring myself to do stretch 40. Tomorrow is 55 EZ and I will have completed Week Three.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I did Fire 45 today, the schedule was Fire 45 EZ but that DVD WON'T PLAY:angry::angry: How do I get BB to replace it?? I was really upset and wonder if I should go through all the DVDs before I contact them in case any of the others are defective?? I paid way too much for this to have dvds that won't play!!

Happy Monday!

BeLightYear - that happened to me with another program and I called BB customer service directly and they got a replacement out to me right away...actually I think they even sent me replacement for the entire program. If you don't get satisfaction please ask your coach to appeal via Coach Relations. Customer Service is one thing BB is really focused on providing so I'm surprised you haven't been taken care of on this matter.

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    I did Fire 45 today, the schedule was Fire 45 EZ but that DVD WON'T PLAY:angry::angry: How do I get BB to replace it?? I was really upset and wonder if I should go through all the DVDs before I contact them in case any of the others are defective?? I paid way too much for this to have dvds that won't play!!

Happy Monday!

BeLightYear - that happened to me with another program and I called BB customer service directly and they got a replacement out to me right away...actually I think they even sent me replacement for the entire program. If you don't get satisfaction please ask your coach to appeal via Coach Relations. Customer Service is one thing BB is really focused on providing so I'm surprised you haven't been taken care of on this matter.

Sharon
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Sharon, I just received an email from Beachbody saying my order has shipped, I would guess that is my replacement since I haven't ordered anything! I'm glad they are honoring their promise:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Thanks for the advice Sharon, I just received an email from Beachbody saying my order has shipped, I would guess that is my replacement since I haven't ordered anything! I'm glad they are honoring their promise:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Excellent!
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options

Excellent!
    Sharon
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Today I completed Turbo Fire - 45 EZ from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X from the P90X program.

Be Light: I'm glad BB is honoring their promise too. I love a company that is about customer satisfaction.

Sharon: Since I've been reading a lot about Fire 60 I think I"m going to check it out tonight. Since it's not on the schedule for another 3 or 4 weeks it will still be a "surprise" by the time I actually complete it.

Kim: Until you invest in a HRM you should look in the database and find an exercise that is as close to what you're doing for example you might substititue Turbo Fire with High Impact Aerobics . I finally purchased a Polar HRM off of Ebay and it has been the best $85.00 I've spent. It seems MFP was underestimating my calorie burn.

Coach: Thank you for the compliment. I agree w/you regarding the scale which is why I have put mine in the trunk of my car and will only weigh in once a month when I'm tracking my progress w/this program.
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone has advice for me!??!! I'm planning on purchasing something Chalene at the end of January and I can't decide between Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I've done Slim in 6 but have yet to complete the final week because I get so dreadfully bored by then. I'm looking for something fun but I also want to sweat and lose those dang inches. I've dropped 20 lbs and I've got about another 30 to go. Don't have a lot of time to commit so about an hour is it, but I'd prefer 30-45 min daily. Can you guys weigh in, hee hee, with your thoughts?!
  • Truhvn
    Truhvn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Truhvn - I've done both but in my opinion you might want to start with Turbo Jam first. The workouts are a bit shorter and definitely easier than Turbo Fire...although if you want to go for it then Turbo Fire is definitely higher intensity and more fun. You won't be bored by either. I found that many of the moves in Turbo Fire were ones Chalene introduced in Turbo Jam. In both programs, there are short and long workouts and the schedules allow you to progress in both complexity and endurance so by the time you get to the longest ones you're ready for them. The shortest one in Turbo Jam is 20 minutes and the shortest one in Turbo Fire is 30 minutes. I'm not counting the HIITs in Turbo Fire because you don't start out doing them but they run between 15 - 30 minutes.

I hope that answers your question. Feel free to message me if you want any more information.
    Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Today I completed Turbo Fire - 45 EZ from the Turbo Fire program and Ab Ripper X from the P90X program.

Be Light: I'm glad BB is honoring their promise too. I love a company that is about customer satisfaction.

Sharon: Since I've been reading a lot about Fire 60 I think I"m going to check it out tonight. Since it's not on the schedule for another 3 or 4 weeks it will still be a "surprise" by the time I actually complete it.

Choco - can't wait to hear your thoughts on Fire 60. My favorite segment is the Bad Girl one...totally gets my heart pumping!!! :happy:

Sharon
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Hello!

Today was Turbo 55EZ and Stretch 10, near the end my brain and body were determined to the Cardio Party 1 finale moves instead of the ones they were doing:laugh: :laugh: Oh well, I still burned calories!

Truhvn ~ I would recommend Turbo Jam first. Honestly I think TurboFire would be totally overwhelming if you didn't know the basics from Turbo Jam. Heck, I get lost enough and I've done TJ!:tongue: Either way, I know you will enjoy them and burn tons of calories!

Chocolickkyss & Telcochik, I might throw Fire 60 in next week, you have me very curious!

Looks like my replacement DVDs will be here tomorrow!:drinker: I'm excited to try the Fire 45EZ that was on the schedule for this week!

Keep pushing play!
  • telcochik
    Options
    BeLightYear - you will LOOOOOOVE Fire 60! Go for it!

Sharon
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all and happy hump day! I had a unit training this morning and I underestimated my workout and how long it was going to take to get ready and out the door so as a result I was rushing a bit. I have to get back into the groove of getting up really early, getting the workout completed, eat breakfast, shower and head out in enough time to not have to rush to work. I think we have about a week left of working from home and then it's back into the office for the next 3-5 months.

Today is a strength training day but since I wanted a better calorie burn I decided to add a little cardio. I started off with the Insanity warm up and boy did I forget how intense that can be. Once that was done I completed the Push Circuit 2 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and I'm happy to announce that I was able to increase my weights on most of the exercises. Push Circuit is mainly shoulders and legs and for some shoulder exercises I lifted 10 lbs and for others I lifted 15 lbs and I definitely feel the burn. I could not make it to 8 reps but definitely rocked out 6 so I reached failure. On the leg exercises I was able to increase my weights from 15 lbs to 20 lbs. I'm happy with today's workout and the progress i'm making.

Sharon: I checked out Fire 60 and I was a bit overwhelmed with the length. The music is good and I did like the Fire Drills. I'm sure I'll do fine once I throw it in but glad it's not on the schedule for a little bit.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I completed week three this morning with 55 EZ. I really enjoy this workout and finally feel comfortable with the finales. I am going to the gym to lift weights this afternoon, but I think I will back off the cardio. I want to feel fresh in the morning for TF 45.