• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I heard there were free noodz here?

RIP your inbox
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Can I comment if my body fat is higher than 14%?

Nice memory. :flowerforyou:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    so Scottie - mind if I call you Scottie? - how long did it take you to perfect your dialogue/character? Did your relationship threads really generate the philosophical discourse you were seeking? I thought they were highly entertaining but I'm not so sure they were quite as insightful as you may have intended. Then again I didn't ever take you seriously as I knew there was no possible way you were completely for reals - just as a pointer, next time maybe don't suggest all of your love interests are models for the sake of credibility. Oh, also, if you haven't already done so, I am excluding myself from your experiment as my IQ is only 120. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I should also mention I am only 45% sure you are serious about this whole biography business.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I don't remember my IQ. Can I submit SAT scores to see if I qualify?
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Can I comment if my body fat is higher than 14%?

Nice memory. :flowerforyou:

You are so welcome. :laugh:

Unfortunately, in reference to your actual post. No, existentialism is not dead. I have nothing to add to that.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Is it unbridled arrogance day in the forums?

Sorry, but I have $50mm in derivatives to deal with, and I stopped thinking of existentialism in undergrad.

How am I doing?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

RIP your inbox

Believe you me, my inbox has handled its far share of magnums, mmmkay.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Jean-Paul Sartre was sitting at a café table working. A waiter approached him

‘Can I get you something to drink, Monsieur Sartre?’ he asked.
    ‘Yes, I’d like a cup of coffee with sugar, but no cream’, the philosopher replied.

A few minutes later, however, the water returned and said,

‘I’m sorry, Monsieur Sartre, we are all out of cream — how about with no milk?’
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I need to take a massive dump
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    so Scottie - mind if I call you Scottie? - how long did it take you to perfect your dialogue/character? Did your relationship threads really generate the philosophical discourse you were seeking? I thought they were highly entertaining but I'm not so sure they were quite as insightful as you may have intended. Then again I didn't ever take you seriously as I knew there was no possible way you were completely for reals - just as a pointer, next time maybe don't suggest all of your love interests are models for the sake of credibility. Oh, also, if you haven't already done so, I am excluding myself from your experiment as my IQ is only 120. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I should also mention I am only 45% sure you are serious about this whole biography business.

^my point was driving conversation to philosophy - to see if I could get people that divulge in lackluster entertainment through reading text - yet entertain them enough to guide them through philosophical discourse.

Ah. And models. - indeed they are real - at the moment though I am only dating one lady at the moment and she is not a model - she was the psychologist I referred towards in a previous post. - frankly all of that though was strictly entertaining and embellished - I haven't fully formed my own 'self' I am still discovering and forming my identity, dating is a huge distraction from my current order of high priorities. I could care less about any of that - shocking how entertaining a randoms dating life was to everyone though.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

‘Yes, I’d like a cup of coffee with sugar, but no cream’, the philosopher replied.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just died. :drinker:
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Do you already have a publishing company willing to pay you for this? Getting anything that falls into the realm of non-fiction (does this, really?) is close to impossible without already having a good editor and a publishing house looking for a specific NF topic.

This is the kind of topic that isn't likely to lead to a profitable reader base, so publishing houses tend to shy away unless the person writing is a media sensation (either positive or negative), a college professor with a captive audience required to pay the requisite $250 for a course textbook (and in most cases, these are generally self-published unless the professor is recognized as an expert and likely to garner additional profits from other institutions utilizing the text), a renowned historian writing on a topic that has garnered substantial interest based on the Nielsen performance of an on-point documentary, or a renowned scientist discussing a controversial topic.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is without pre-funding, any book you would write on the subject would be purely for self-edification. As such, what any of us think is entirely inconsequential.

:flowerforyou:

Awe.. vanity publishing will help significantly decrease your bank account :) Best wishes and Good luck :) The happy face will lead you to believe my IQ is <175.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just died. :drinker:

Damn I was looking forward to buying that book
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I wonder how the book will turn out...

0d846137c337b1a4ea4868fc45177f81.jpg
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Tried to skim... failed. :sad:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

RIP your inbox

Believe you me, my inbox has handled its far share of magnums, mmmkay.

secks time
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Is it unbridled arrogance day in the forums?

Sorry, but I have $50mm in derivatives to deal with, and I stopped thinking of existentialism in undergrad.

How am I doing?

^I edited out 'fellow'...typed a bit too fast I can see where your coming from saying it appears arrogant.

GL hedging the bets!

-So existentialism isn't a priority to everyone. Appreciate your insight.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    My Head Hurts.......WORDS!

word-salad.png
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

^my point was driving conversation to philosophy - to see if I could get people that divulge in lackluster entertainment through reading text - yet entertain them enough to guide them through philosophical discourse.

Ah. And models. - indeed they are real - at the moment though I am only dating one lady at the moment and she is not a model - she was the psychologist I referred towards in a previous post. - frankly all of that though was strictly entertaining and embellished - I haven't fully formed my own 'self' I am still discovering and forming my identity, dating is a huge distraction from my current order of high priorities. I could care less about any of that - shocking how entertaining a randoms dating life was to everyone though.

Interesting. I did not pick up on that at all, but then again I do not meet your IQ cutoff... :smokin:

Yes, if you recall I previously asked you if there would be less embellished posts from you outside of the main forums. I can't quite decide if being so completely over the top was helpful or harmful to your cause. Would being less obvious of a "troll" (for lack of better term) have been more conducive to your experiment? Did it go according to your expectations?