Finding Meaning & Delivering Confessions

Options

Replies

• sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Do you by chance also self-identify as an indigo child?
  • Is this thing still going?
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

certainly not.
  • essicagoddess
    essicagoddess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Now that was funny!
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options

Now you're putting thoughts into his head. There will at some point be an indigo child thread.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options

certainly not.

Interesting. You line up on most of the points.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

― Albert Einstein

After 10 pages not one six year old here knows what the hell you're on about. Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are.

I think we do. I think we really, really do. I think IDGAF summed it up best though.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Have you not seen my thoughts on herd and collective thinking?

So, how does one see your thoughts on herd and collective thinking? Visual telepathy? Is there a book in the works for how to master this?

tumblr_mxe7lohBiT1s3k2ddo1_50047.gif
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    You are sooo boring. I knew a guy like you on another message board. If you want satisfaction, sit in a corner and talk to yourself. You'll always like what you hear that way.

^sigh...your obviously not a thinker...

Child, you do not even know me. You have no idea what my mind is capable of. I wouldn't be so quick to make judgements or be dismissive. In this instance- you may want to accept that YOU JUST DON'T KNOW.

Fair - with you personally. - my point came off as far to personal. My mind is in constant turmoil and debate - there is rarely a moment of rest. - now as my ideal ideas of virtue run harmonious with my action I think my body and mind will be more 'at ease' - but for now its constant adaption and growing.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    You didn't actually submit research for your biography. You submitted a large, awkward, random assemblage of sentences. In fact, the sentences you apparently kidnapped in the dead of night and forced into this violent and arbitrary plan of yours clearly seemed to be placed on the thread against their will. Reading your post(s)/responses was like watching unfamiliar, uncomfortable people interact at a cocktail party that no one wanted to attend in the first place. You didn't submit research. You submitted a hostage situation.

No, no..I regret bringing up the biography - none of that had anything to do with this.

^I like your point though - things should be elaborated more basically for everyone since I'm specifically trying to hit the average person and wake up or at least communicate with his 'self'. No, this was simply to get - and I thought it was super clear on my 1st post - simply to know if positive disintegration could be taken seriously by the gifted and if any of the gifted had already stumbled on to existential philosophy as a coping mechanism for dealing with the absurdity and void.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I am thoroughly amazed that you aren't writing an autobiography.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You didn't actually submit research for your biography. You submitted a large, awkward, random assemblage of sentences. In fact, the sentences you apparently kidnapped in the dead of night and forced into this violent and arbitrary plan of yours clearly seemed to be placed on the thread against their will. Reading your post(s)/responses was like watching unfamiliar, uncomfortable people interact at a cocktail party that no one wanted to attend in the first place. You didn't submit research. You submitted a hostage situation.
    This ... this ... this is beautiful. The writer in me is in tears, it's so beautiful.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    You are sooo boring. I knew a guy like you on another message board. If you want satisfaction, sit in a corner and talk to yourself. You'll always like what you hear that way.

^sigh...your obviously not a thinker...

the irony.... :laugh:

I am getting this conversation back on point.
    kiKABtV.jpg
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    finding individual meaning- ie your purpse in life
    finding the meaning of the human species in respect to this earth and the other creatures on it
    or finding meaning of the living organism we call earth as far as it relates to the entire universe....

I'll have a discussion with you that will be very intelligent. you may not like what I have to say but that is part of the deal. based on your IQ limitations I am "smart" enough to have this discussion with you but I need you to drill down on a more specific topic, this post as it is right now could take 6 months of almost daily coffee house meetings to get through

or we can just simply talk about Extententialism and get it over with
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    finding individual meaning- ie your purpse in life
    finding the meaning of the human species in respect to this earth and the other creatures on it
    or finding meaning of the living organism we call earth as far as it relates to the entire universe....

I'll have a discussion with you that will be very intelligent. you may not like what I have to say but that is part of the deal. based on your IQ limitations I am "smart" enough to have this discussion with you but I need you to drill down on a more specific topic, this post as it is right now could take 6 months of almost daily coffee house meetings to get through

or we can just simply talk about Extententialism and get it over with
    +1 - PMing
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

No, no..I regret bringing up the biography - none of that had anything to do with this.

^I like your point though - things should be elaborated more basically for everyone since I'm specifically trying to hit the average person and wake up or at least communicate with his 'self'. No, this was simply to get - and I thought it was super clear on my 1st post - simply to know if positive disintegration could be taken seriously by the gifted and if any of the gifted had already stumbled on to existential philosophy as a coping mechanism for dealing with the absurdity and void.
    The thing is that no matter how gifted a person is, that person only knows what that person has been educated on. And not everyone, no matter their intelligence, is familiar with philosophy and psychology at the level you're speaking. So you're speaking down to anyone who isn't an expert on those things, either by profession, formal education or simply reading about it out of interest.

I am not at that level, though looking things up made them clear enough to understand the concepts. I shouldn't have had to do that work. You wanted something from people and then asked them to do extra work to give it to you. The only reason I did is that I'm naturally curious and I like to learn new things.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm singing "Scottie Doesn't Know" in my head right now. Anyone else remember that song? Matt Damon <3

You're very young, your ideas aren't fully formed and your focus group (to determine intelligence and willingness to converse about these topics) is a fitness board. Most people are here to goof around and have fun - a change from the intensity of harried lives, not discuss the meaning of life.

Anyway, get an editor. And good luck............
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Fair - with you personally. - my point came off as far to personal. My mind is in constant turmoil and debate - there is rarely a moment of rest. - now as my ideal ideas of virtue run harmonious with my action I think my body and mind will be more 'at ease' - but for now its constant adaption and growing.

OP your hubris seems to be your Achilles heel as you have demonstrated in many a thread, you constantly withdraw comments admitting fault but follow it up with further ego driven statements and proclamations. Adapt to be adept. Follow up your statements about self reevaluation with action and maybe consider the delivery of your posts, responses etc and people may take you more seriously.

I am still unsure if you are a master troll or are someone who repeatedly displays a truly narcissistic personality that is all to ready to be dismissive of others opinions.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I'm singing "Scottie Doesn't Know" in my head right now. Anyone else remember that song? Matt Damon <3

You're very young, your ideas aren't fully formed and your focus group (to determine intelligence and willingness to converse about these topics) is a fitness board. Most people are here to goof around and have fun - a change from the intensity of harried lives, not discuss the meaning of life.

Anyway, get an editor. And good luck............

And I'm singing it along with you. I do not know - it is why I am here trying to find 130+ that display overexcitabilities to learn from them.
    My idea's by the way are not fully formed- and obviously not being articulated efficiently.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Honestly, positive disintegration looks like a sophomoric attempt to appear "special."

You might want to check out Mezirow's Transformative Learning Theory - though I haven't seen that it has more real-world application than straight up Cognitive/Constructivist Learning Theories.