Dating someone 22 years older?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well, you are young and you are asking, that indicates to me that you have some reasons to be questioning it. Otherwise, you would be happy and you wouldn't care what other people think. This is my opinion from experience.
  • Fatty2Sexy14
    Options
    I don't think you should care what anybody say ..I mean if you like him or whatever you should date him. People are going to have their opinion doesn't mean its right so do what you want not what people tell you to.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    If you're online asking a bunch of strangers if they approve of you dating an old guy, then obviously you aren't so sure about this.

Admit it, you're getting the creepy vibe. If you were really into this guy and it was the right thing, you wouldn't post here. You'd be on a date and thrilled to be going.
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    I know I'm an adult and I shouldn't care what the public thinks. I was honestly just asking since I don't have parents to ask and I didn't know who else to ask.

I guess the question should have been more like 'if you had a 20 year old daughter would you approve of her dating a 42yo'
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    In for manthers
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I know I'm an adult and I shouldn't care what the public thinks. I was honestly just asking since I don't have parents to ask and I didn't know who else to ask.

I guess the question should have been more like 'if you had a 20 year old daughter would you approve of her dating a 42yo'

That's easy. Hell no.
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    Okay. Thank you. :)
  • aurorareigns
    Options

Honestly, hell no.

The thank you was to this post. Thanks for answering :)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    you're probably at two different places in life and it likely won't work out.

But go have fun and do it, if you want! Could end up being a great experience!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

No, I would not approve!
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My opinion, which may or may not be accurate, but...well, I think it is.

Look, maybe there is something special and wonderful here.
    But probably...no.
    42 year old men fantasize about 20 year old hotties. The ones that actually go out and get them are creepy.

With some exceptions.
    But not many.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

I'd be tempted to take him hunting
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and Lorenzo Lamas is 57. I saw him on tv last night and whoa. He has still got it goin' on. The things I would do. There's my answer.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and definitely can't see myself with someone in their 40s, especially if he has kids from a previous relationship. And if one of my friends were dating a 40-something, I'd be a little weirded out. I guess I'd be happy if they were happy, but I wouldn't be surprised if that relationship didn't last long.
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    My opinion, which may or may not be accurate, but...well, I think it is.

Look, maybe there is something special and wonderful here.
    But probably...no.
    42 year old men fantasize about 20 year old hotties. The ones that actually go out and get them are creepy.

With some exceptions.
    But not many.

This made me question his motives.

I guess I really like him but I just wanted to ask some other adults opinions because all of my friends are my age or younger and they don't really know anything more than me. I think it's good to know that most of the parents here (it seems) wouldn't approve, so I would think maybe my parents would have felt the same way and not approved also.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 and Lorenzo Lamas is 57. I saw him on tv last night and whoa. He has still got it goin' on. The things I would do. There's my answer.

Banging is different than dating. I say bang away.

Cougs hmu
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

I wouldn't be happy with it and would probably try to talk her out of it, most likely using the "What do you have in common?" argument, but I would ultimately realize she's an adult and I don't control her.