I HATE when people on MFP say.....

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ...that weightlifting is the only exercise ever created that anyone should ever do.

It's turning into some kind of bad religion now.

DYEL?

If not, you should.

You really *really* should.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    "Everybody is different".

"We're all here for the same reason."

:huh:
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    "I never reach my calorie limit."

Um, how you get fat to being with?!
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    "why is everyone mean here?"

Um, most are not... they are just blunt and to the point. Just because others do not want to validate someone else's food or fitness choices does not make them mean... and seeing who the mean people are I am more likely to take their advice rather than be validated in what I think should happen...

Oh and if anyone wants mean, I have said it once and I'll say it a million times, go to babycenter, the knot, or someplace like sodahead. People there are actually mean...

my wife posts on the knot...the women there are crazier than the ones here...

Has she been on a birthboard? Add in pregnancy hormones and debates over whether or not you should pierce an infants ears or to vaccinate, breastfeed, circumcise a boy, or even what to name a kid... how did I survive that place without a strike....

Chocolate...lots and lots of chocolate :laugh:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When people say that they can't drink water and trying to do so gags them and or nauseates them. I have never, ever understood that.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. NO, muscle is more dense than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound.

But it's dumb cause most everyone knows what someone means when they say "muscle weighs more than fat". Granted, the "muscles weighs more than fat" comment pops up where it is unnecessary a lot, but to correct that every time, and then have a 2 page discussion about it gets ridiculous. No single item in the world weighs more than any other single item in the world I suppose, cause a lb is a lb.

I thought she was on your side by saying that statement annoys her...but I can see how this could be read the other way...lol
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    When people say that they can't drink water and trying to do so gags them and or nauseates them. I have never, ever understood that.

I get people might different prefernce on food but water...yeah...I can't get this one...why water bothers people?
  • MichellePatterson92
    Options
    When people ask for "advice" (read:validation) on an unsustainable diet then call everyone mean and haters for giving them sensible advice.

This.
    Frack, it gets annoying.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options

I get people might different prefernce on food but water...yeah...I can't get this one...why water bothers people?

water bothered me for a long time. it was disgusting! I had to force myself to drink it and that was because I never drank it. it was always soda or juice. now its nothing to me so I can understand those people who say it gags them. it really does especially if you don't drink it
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    People who think that the answer to weight loss is extreme low carb (carbs of any kind are to be avoided as much as possible). They are free to do what they want but when they talk about it like it is a religion it gets on my nerves.

I also don't get the whole trend of eliminating a food that other people (not the poster!) have allergies or sensitivities to in order to loss weight.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. NO, muscle is more dense than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound.

But it's dumb cause most everyone knows what someone means when they say "muscle weighs more than fat". Granted, the "muscles weighs more than fat" comment pops up where it is unnecessary a lot, but to correct that every time, and then have a 2 page discussion about it gets ridiculous. No single item in the world weighs more than any other single item in the world I suppose, cause a lb is a lb.

I thought she was on your side by saying that statement annoys her...but I can see how this could be read the other way...lol

Either way :) The point remains. Wasn't a dig at the poster regardless of which side she falls on. Just a point ;)
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

See, the problem is that while most everyone knows that, not everyone does. Some people will argue til they're blue in the face that muscle is actually heavier. I am not a science or math wiz, but I get the concept of mass and volume. Some people just don't. It's stupid, but it irks me...LOL.
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

I realized after I posted it that I should have separated the annoying statement and my thoughts on it. Oh well.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,938 Member
    Options
    Something that kinds of gets to me... is when you go over your calorie goal one day and people say "That's okay, you can start again tomorrow" and then they say that for then next two weeks when you continuously go over the goal and start logging weight gains.

While it's true one day once in a while isn't going to hurt, I think sometimes I, at least, need a bit of tough love. You can be polite while alerting someone to the fact they need to do better to see the results they want, definitely possible. Eg.

"Don't worry about going over today, but make sure you're diligent for the rest of the week! Maybe try to get a few extra exercises in :)"
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Either way :) The point remains. Wasn't a dig at the poster regardless of which side she falls on. Just a point ;)

You are such a hater.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When people ask for "advice" (read:validation) on an unsustainable diet then call everyone mean and haters for giving them sensible advice.

This!
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    "It wont fit no matter how hard you push"

24w6c14.jpg
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When people say that the fat acceptance movement is dangerous and promotes an unhealthy lifestyle.
  • yourpalsoap
    Options

I don't want to start a huge thing because the whole discussion is annoying (purely because it happens on basically every other thread) but this reasoning IS stupid, and muscle DOES weigh more than fat. yeh a 1lb of fat weighs the same as 1lb of muscle, just like a ton of bricks and a ton of feathers weigh the same. literally nobody is disputing that. it doesn't change the fact that a brick is heavier than a feather, and 1cm^3 of muscle weighs more than 1cm^3 of fat.

and yes! this is my least favourite!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

It used to make me nauseous when I drank water first thing in the morning. I drink water throughout the rest of the day with no problem. That was the only time of day it did that, it was weird, but I'm stubborn and kept drinking it anyway. Eventually it stopped making me nauseous and started making me feel more awake.