I HATE when people on MFP say.....

Options

Replies

• emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    "This is how I lost weight, therefore it is the ONLY way. Everyone else is doing it wrong"

Drives me crazy.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Not really something people say but..

people that have been on MFP for months or years and haven't lost a pound (not talking about those that have already met their goal)
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    "Everyone's body is different."

This one is starting to really get to me. You are human, yes? You have a stomach, small intestines, skin, etc? Then congratulations, barring medical conditions your body works just like every one else's.

Now if you're talking about mental tricks to stay happy and within calorie goal, maybe one diet will work better for you than another, but I guaranfreakingtee that it is not because your colon only functions with a biweekly radish and paprika cleanse.

Everyone say it with me now:

tumblr_lolcb3DFFk1qjgu8s.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. NO, muscle is more dense than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound.

But it's dumb cause most everyone knows what someone means when they say "muscle weighs more than fat". Granted, the "muscles weighs more than fat" comment pops up where it is unnecessary a lot, but to correct that every time, and then have a 2 page discussion about it gets ridiculous. No single item in the world weighs more than any other single item in the world I suppose, cause a lb is a lb.

I thought she was on your side by saying that statement annoys her...but I can see how this could be read the other way...lol

Either way :) The point remains. Wasn't a dig at the poster regardless of which side she falls on. Just a point ;)

You are such a hater.

1321051666_haters_gonna_hate_gag.jpg
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    "Just break up"
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    when people talk about "eating clean"

There is no... such... thing.,.

hush you - I wash my foods

Eating clean just means that you eat whole foods, no prepackaged heavily preserved product.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    "My Metabolism has stopped"

Then you should be dead.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    when people talk about "eating clean"

There is no... such... thing.,.

hush you - I wash my foods

Eating clean just means that you eat whole foods, no prepackaged heavily preserved product.

"eating clean"
    Has different meaning for everyone.....
    And most foods you buy at a store are processed in some way, even if they are in the produce section
  • MityMax96
    Options
    "This is how I lost weight, therefore it is the ONLY way. Everyone else is doing it wrong"

Drives me crazy.

Totally off-topic, sorry

But I think I would just sit and stare at you. :love: :love:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Not this this annoys me but .. Saving this so I can read more later!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Drives me crazy.

Totally off-topic, sorry

Is this a fitness site or a dating site?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Not really something people say but..

people that have been on MFP for months or years and haven't lost a pound (not talking about those that have already met their goal)

oh, sorry if I annoyed you...I will stay clear out of your way. :)
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the responses, but I have two...

1) Lose vs. loose. (Really now. Come on. You lose weight. Your clothes become loose. On a weight loss site, this happens ALL THE TIME)

2) "Omg it's soooo hard for me to eat even 1,200 calories a day I just try so hard but can't possibly eat that much!" (I'm sure you magically became overweight by staying under 1,200 calories a day, you poor thing)

:)
  • MityMax96
    Options

Drives me crazy.

Totally off-topic, sorry

Is this a fitness site or a dating site?

Hmm....Don't know
    What do you think it is?
  • thecharizardtamer
    thecharizardtamer Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat. OY VEY!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat. OY VEY!

as much as I loathe discussion around this subject, I have never heard anyone literally saying "1 pound of muscle weights more than 1 pound of fat".
  • SparrowGal2014
    SparrowGal2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Didn't read all the responses, but I have two...

1) Lose vs. loose. (Really now. Come on. You lose weight. Your clothes become loose. On a weight loss site, this happens ALL THE TIME)

2) "Omg it's soooo hard for me to eat even 1,200 calories a day I just try so hard but can't possibly eat that much!" (I'm sure you magically became overweight by staying under 1,200 calories a day, you poor thing)

:)

for#2 I could eat my hand off right now! 1200 cal stinks!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    ...that weightlifting is the only exercise ever created that anyone should ever do.

It's turning into some kind of bad religion now.

DYEL?

If not, you should.

You really *really* should.

Ha ha!

I see what you did there. :smile:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    When people go on & on about not being able to reach 1,200 calories & have a lot of weight to lose.