anything with the word "toxins"

anything with the word "sexypants"

"please help me figure out how to eat the rest of my 1,200 calories"

"I'm too busy to diet/count calories/exercise"
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Female posters on lifting: "But I don't want to get to big and bulky!"

If it were only that easy lady. Take a seat next to the other misinformed females . Bodybuilders struggle every week to gain muscle, and barely scrape by with 0.25 lb of muscle a week. You and your 3lb pink dumbells aren't going anywhere.

lmao. this would be mine that lifting weights make you bulky.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "I went over by XXX calories today...I RUINED EVERYTHING!!!" By all means, throw in the towel.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    When people say that they can't drink water and trying to do so gags them and or nauseates them. I have never, ever understood that.

I get people might different prefernce on food but water...yeah...I can't get this one...why water bothers people?

water bothered me for a long time. it was disgusting! I had to force myself to drink it and that was because I never drank it. it was always soda or juice. now its nothing to me so I can understand those people who say it gags them. it really does especially if you don't drink it

I couldn't drink it when I was pregnant. It made me barf. I've always loved water. It was and is my favorite drink. But it made me feel sick. I still don't understand why.

But one pregnancy was my lemonade pregnancy and the other pregnancy was the San Pellegrino pregnancy.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    "This is how I lost weight, therefore it is the ONLY way. Everyone else is doing it wrong"

Drives me crazy.

Totally off-topic, sorry

But I think I would just sit and stare at you. :love: :love:

Is this a fitness site or a dating site?

Depends on who IMs me.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    this is gonna turn into a *kitten* storm...why...

because meds don't cause weight gain
    and people with 20lbs or less shouldn't aim for 2lbs a week
    and the sexypants link shoudl be required reading
    Sugar is sugar...cupcake or watermelon
    it is as simple as cico...we never said it was easy just simple
    special snowflakes is valid thing here just visit the threads where people just can't lose and are doing everything right.
    carbs are carbs

it will fit honest

what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

edited for type..."shouldn't" added..
    Haha you are so beyond ignorant saying meds don't cause weight gain.

Says the faceless stranger on the internet that has yet to find one that does...I am willing to concede that point as soon as one is found that does not list "changes in appetite" as a side effect.

This quote came from the page I linked that apparently nobody bothered to read.
    Some corticosteroids, for example, make the body less able to absorb blood glucose, and this can lead to fat deposits in the trunk and weight gain. Other medications produce fatigue or shortness of breath, making the person less active (the antihypertensive drugs known as beta-blockers are thought to have this effect), or can cause water retention (a side effect of antihypertensive calcium channel blockers).

http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com/alerts/prescription_drugs/JohnsHopkinsPrescriptionsDrugsHealthAlert_656-1.html

Edited because quoting is hard.

Or they just make you manic and crazy and hungry and you just CAN'T CARE that you're going to end up regretting eating that WHOLE CHOCOLATE CAKE. Which, fine, is your "choice", but your medication is making you crazy and you ask your doctor to take you off of it as soon as you can and now you're 20 pounds up in three weeks. whew.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    CAULIFLOWER CRUST :sick:
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I agree saying meds don't cause weight gain is idiotic. It's the biggest known side effect of seroquel.
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    "ewwww McDonald's is gross, I would never eat there."

Jim Gaffigan is hilarious about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YDTfEhChgw

THIS!
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The general: "Helloooooooo boyyyyyyyys!" stuff followed by a deluge of fawning simps.
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    When the Paloes tell me I am not eating enough meat
    When the vegans tell me that I shouldn't eat meat
    When the Atkins folks tell me I am having too many carbs
    When ANYONE scolds me for having a portion of anything "naughty"

If I wanted someone's opinion about my food I'd ask my doctor. As far as I am concerned it's about BALANCE and the INDIVIDUAL.

Only reason my food diary is open is because my friends like to see and get ideas.

I'm sure someone will blast me for this ... :P
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!
    Having trouble eating 1200 calories...

Help!!

I want to lose 50 pounds in 2 weeks for my vacation......that one annoys me majorly!!!
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes, gained 50pounds on that crap
    I agree saying meds don't cause weight gain is idiotic. It's the biggest known side effect of seroquel.
  • racqeann
    racqeann Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "Weight loss journey" is a super-annoying phrase. Unfortunately, I haven't yet thought of a better replacement.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

I weigh everything but sometimes when I go on the site to log and I sift through the bazillion entries for one food item the only option available might be cups, ounces, each etc. so if the serving size on my cottage cheese says 1/2 cup (113 grams) and the only option in the data base is cups and all the nutrition information is the same as what is on the package then yes, I will pick cups. It doesn't mean I didn't weigh my food it means it was the only option.

And to respond to the original post:

"This is what worked for me so it works for absolutely EVERYONE in the UNIVERSE!"

And the answer to every weight lifting question is:

Squats!
    Deadlifts!
    Squaaaaaats!
    Strong lifts!
    New Rules of Lifting!
    Starting Strength!

I understand that squats and deadlifts are a great exercise but they're not the end-all-be-all of exercise.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    When ANYONE scolds me for having a portion of anything "naughty"

^^This! So annoying when people discuss food in terms of good or bad behaviour. Just because your mother smacked you when you wouldn't finish your broccoli, and you got icecream when you cleaned your room doesn't mean you should continue your sick emotional relationship with food---it's just food! Get over it!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    "I have small children and I need to lose weight but I just can't get motivated"

Three things:

1. You do NOT need motivation to lose weight. Motivation is overrated. You need a decision and a commitment.
    2. Motivation comes ONLY from within.
    3. If small children who need you and rely on you isn't enough motivation to get your *kitten* in gear, there's nothing else to say.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Above-the-quote posters.

(Seriously, have you ever tried to follow a chain of quotes when someone does this?)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    yep its so annoying.
    Above-the-quote posters.

(Seriously, have you ever tried to follow a chain of quotes when someone does this?)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Above-the-quote posters.

The inside the quote posters are even worse. :explode: