MY RESONSE TO -"SO YOU WANT A NICE STOMACH"

Options

Replies

• 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Can I just say all of you ladies look amazing!

With enough determination, I think anyone can get the six pack abs. You can still have loose skin and stretch marks and still look amazing
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I had 6 kids....not 6 pack but it is flat (ish) and it keep getting nicer with time

2f5a374467c50c947b21e2c15fad0d99bf60.jpg
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I had 6 kids

Sexy B You go girl
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I had 6 kids....not 6 pack but it is flat (ish) and it keep getting nicer with time

\
    Personally, I don't want a 6-pack. But I want that!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, most men don't really give a crap about that anyway. Most men, not the self-centered, perfectionists who probably aren't happy themselves, and not the ones who are really into aestetics, but most men.

So, it's good to know that we don't have to get crazy over that, but it's sad to know that so many of us still think we have to be perfect.

And Yanicka, way to rock the good genes, girl! And the obvious exercise, too.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm with OP. Everyone can't have a flat stomach... FACT. I'd say that most people who were obese for 10+ years (I'm not talking overweight here, but with 70+ pounds to lose) will not be able to get a flat stomach without surgery. A mom who gained 20 pounds during pregnancy and lost them right away... probably not a problem.

I do agree that sometimes those threads, even though they mean well, give people unrealistic expectations.

I created the stomach fat thread. I was 50 pounds overweight for 2 years before getting pregnant. I gained at least 50 pounds with each pregnancy. I was 60 pounds overweight for two years after having my second son. It took me 3 more years to lose all of that. It wasn't like I just gained a few pounds while pregnant and lost it. I'm not just some person who has been in shape my whole life.

Sure, I have it "easier" since I didn't spend over 10 years carrying that weight. I still have loose skin and I may never get rid of it (I won't have surgery). There is a chance that someone who has been 70+ pounds overweight for 10+ years will have even more loose skin and may never have abs like mine. They can still have a slimmer stomach.

ETA:
    Here's my story: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/971636-my-story-of-sweet-revenge-pics
    Here's a blog about my strech marks and loose skin: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/usmcmp/view/cellulite-stretch-marks-and-loose-skin-685055

Overweight for 2 years =/ obese for 10 years. Although I wasn't replying to your thread (which I agree with), but this one. I just get annoyed at the 'everyone can have a flat stomach' nonsense that I keep reading on these forums, even if it wasn't your intent - although I agree that pregnancy doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible/

Overweight for 2, obese for 7. Even subtracting the amount of weight you should gain during pregnancy for during the times I was pregnant I was still obese during that time, nearly morbidly obese.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well I've read every response here and let me say, there are some hot abs on this thread!

I don't think I'll get there, I know I will. It may not be as perfect as some of the hot women here but I'll reach for that goal anyway.

Why would you limit yourself , OP by saying it isn't even possible. Cleary it is, I'll say it again, if you want it, you can achieve it!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, most men don't really give a crap about that anyway. Most men, not the self-centered, perfectionists who probably aren't happy themselves, and not the ones who are really into aestetics, but most men.

So, it's good to know that we don't have to get crazy over that, but it's sad to know that so many of us still think we have to be perfect.

And Yanicka, way to rock the good genes, girl! And the obvious exercise, too.
    Why do you assume any of us are doing any of this for men?
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    While I agree to your post by some degree me being one of those women who has loose skin and stretch marks after my 2 kids but I also know women who have had 2-4 children who look AMAZING, no loose skin, no stretch marks and they bounce back to being slim and most of these women are not on diets or exercise. My aunt is one of these women, boo lucky B****. lol! so it just depends on your body and genes I must take after my dads side since I wasn't so lucky while she was! but hell I've been working hard for over a year and there have been big improvements and I will keep going until I'm satisfied!!
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I KNOW I SAID THIS AT THE END OF THE ABOVE THREAD BUT IT SHOULD BE REPEATED SO WOMEN WITH CHILDREN DO NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT THEMSELVES OR HAVE UNREAL EXPECTATIONS, AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT HAD KIDDIES KUDOS TO YOU, I USED TO HAVE RIPPED ABS BEFORE I HAD KIDS ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!! LOL....I don't care how skinny you get, how much weight you lose, or how many sit-ups or training you do, how much self discipline, self will you have, if you have had babies, especially 2-3+ there's no way you will have a ripped stomach EVER AGAIN. Although it can be IMPROVED WITH EXERCISE AND MOSTLY IMPROVED BY SURGURY. There will always be that extra skin from STRETCHING.....but for me I am PROUD AND OF MY STRETCH MARKS those are my BATTLE SCARS and I would not have my BEAUTIFUL SONS WITHOUT THEM :)

why are you yelling?
  • tar0809
    tar0809 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Awesome!!!
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

Awesome!!!

I agree, you look amazing! I can't wait to have something simlar! My thoughts are go big or go home.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    As a guy I just wanted to say I find all of you truly awe inpiring. It may be true that not everyone can achieve a 6 pack - or it may not - I really have no clue. BUT - why would you shoot yourself in the foot before you start? And why would you assume in advance that you are going to be disappointed and be crushed? I would think the journey itself would lead to a greater sense of self worth and improved confidence.

At 52 - working on my own journey - and by gosh - I'm posting on this thread so I too can use it for inspiration!

cheers all.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Can I just say all of you ladies look amazing!

With enough determination, I think anyone can get the six pack abs. You can still have loose skin and stretch marks and still look amazing

And that was the point of "so you want a nice stomach"

Thanks, OP!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! This post was just a bunch of nonsense. Basically just mad that you will not get to that point and many woman with many children have flat washboard abs.

If you are happy with your tiger stripes and think you are a hot momma, then you would have never had to post this to begin with.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I like how inspirational this thread turned out. It lets me know that there is some hope for someone like me. I just have to be willing to put in the work.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    And why couldn't OP respond in the thread itself? (So many organ threads... :angry: )
    :laugh:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    And why couldn't OP respond in the thread itself? (So many organ threads... :angry: )

OP did leave a response in the "So you want a nice stomach" thread. But apparently their anger was just too great to be contained in one thread alone!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

She did, but she wanted to make sure more people saw it.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    <
    Um, no. I have a child, and it is entirely possible to have nice abs after pregnancy.