WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2014

Options

Replies

• Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Woke to heavy frost again, cold and headache too. 11.30 and 2 lemsips with honey.
    Trying out Lunda McCartney's leek and asparagus tart for lunch. Finally stocking them in my supermarket with more vegetarian stuff..Will walk the dog round the paddocks after I have eaten. Alos need to seasol flower beds again
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am grateful today that Jake is home again after being gone house sitting. The job is over and he brought all his stuff home. Brandy, Sasha, and Bernie are ecstatic and we all look forward to sleeping together tonight.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am re-reading “The Happiness Project” and looking for new ideas make us of. If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend that you find a copy---I got mine from the public library.

:bigsmile: I am enjoying the fabulous weather we’re having right now, but remembering a great article I read last winter called “Weatherproof your Workout” and thinking about how my activities and clothing will change as the weather changes.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington

:bigsmile: 20,000 steps today
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends ~
    I’ve been reading every night trying to catch up with this chatty group. Got off track with a couple of nights of power shopping online for new patio furniture. Yeah, I know, who buys patio furniture at the end of the season? Well, my DH only just completed a project I had hoped would be done long before now – finishing and painting the hideous concrete deck. :explode: Fortunately, seems there are a lot of folks on Craigslist looking to sell their nice stuff, so may get lucky here soon. :bigsmile:

Satisfied my desire for variety in my cardio by tuning into PRIME videos available for free to Prime subscribers on Amazon. Really enjoying working out with Gymbox, especially their treadmill workout. It never occurred to me you could do so much on the darned thing including cross-steps and shuffles.

About the TSA lines, there are 2. The ‘regular’ line where you have to take off your shoes, remove the liquids you are carrying onto the plane, and take your laptop out of the bag. The other line is called TSA-Precheck. In this line you can keep shoes and belts and light jackets on, and liquids and laptops can also stay in the bag. Check your boarding pass to see if the words “TSA-Pre” appear at the top. I got this status automatically by being a frequent flier. Lately, others who have signed onto airline frequent flier clubs, or carry an airline credit card and finding TSA-Pre on their boarding passes. It's a very, very nice perk.

Underwire bras can be worn through security at the airport, but depending on how the sensors are set that particular day, you may be subjected to a wand or female agent patting your back. Airports security sensors are changed regularly to prevent people from detecting patterns. I wear underwires all the time through many U.S. airports. Speaking of travel…. Heading to New Orleans on Thursday, which is the last business trip before DH and I head out for a holiday in Alaska. On the advice of my trainer, I already looked up the calorie count in one beignet.:noway: :noway: :noway: Hope not to be tempted.

Michele: Are you sure you can’t take just one more kitty? He’d have such a loving home with you and the others. :heart:

Kim: Your landscape project sounds lovely. Proud of you for doing all that heavy work yourself. :flowerforyou:

CynthiaT60: Hope you the home improvements go smoothly. Job and knee decisions? All I can say is take it a day at a time. :wink:

Katla: The story of your DD’s dog warms my heart. :love: Thanks for sharing. Have you set the dates you'll be in CO?

Allie: I love thinking and dreaming of home improvements. However, I have champagne dreams and a beer budget. :grumble: Slooowwly, we’re getting major fixes and upgrades done, taking full advantage of no-interest payback plans Home Depot offers. Having moved many times, our place is lean on knick knacks, books and any ‘collections’ that can’t fit in a jewelry box. I don’t even have holiday ornaments anymore. With 4 years to go, you’re smart to start.

Mimi: Love the Michael Pollan food rules. They are simple, and I like simple. :smile:

DeeDee: Ouch! :tongue: Glad you weren’t seriously hurt on your bike dismount.

Meg: Do you think the cat hair may have been a souvenir from the Colorado trip? I remember you stayed in a place with a resident kitty. :glasses:

Gloria: Yay for finding a j-o-b that fits your values, schedule and clean eating ethic. :drinker:

Would love to reply to more, but bedtime calling. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: Gotta be in the gym by 5:30 tmro AM.

Stay well.

Rori in the Colorado Foothills
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I love reading your stories, thanks for sharing them.
    We had a wonderful soaking rain yesterday morning. I woke up to thunder and lightning and pouring rain. Unfortunately, it ended by noon. Which was nice, because we go back to triple digit temps this weekend.
    Today is the one year anniversary of my DH's heart attack. Hard to believe it has been that long. He has made some improvements in his diet and lost 30 lbs. He goes to the gym 3-4x a week. I need to make a follow-up appt. for him with his cardiologist.

Carol- how was your single dinner? Did you have fun?

Alison - Did you say that you wear sneakers for work? How old are they? I ask because frequently the midsole (the interior cushioning) wears out, which creates foot pain. Buy GOOD sneakers, Look at sneakers around the $100.00 price point. Right now, they are on sale for back-to-school. Also, depending on your shoe size, try a men's sneaker, they have more cushion. For men's shoes, try 2 sizes smaller than you normally wear. Try SAS - San Antonio Shoes or Foot Solutions. But, let me warn you, orthopedic shoes are $$$, starting at $150.00 and some go up to $400.00. OTC orthotics run $70 - $100.00. Try the DR. Scholl's ones, you can find the machine at Walgreens or CVS, even wal-mart.

CynthisT60 - Don't forget a safety support bar for the edge of the tub. I have one that bolts over the edge of the tub. I also have a shower chair for my mom.
    What if you paint a design on the band or sew a cloth cover for your fitbit. Oooh, what about washi tape?

Cindy781 - great drawing of the girl and the rocking horse! You're very talented.

Juanita - Thanks for sharing Yummly. I bookmarked it.

Meg - there was a cable show -La femme Nikita, I think it was back in the 80's or 90's.
    Did you know you can use scotch tape to remove a splinter? Yes, it really works. Just apply a piece of tape over the splinter. Press down lightly. Then pull off the tape from the bottom up. It will pull out the splinter.

Kitty and Shani - Welcome to the group!

Anne - Does your bedroom face west? Do you have drapery liners? You can use thermal lined drapes to block the sun. Another great product is Gila Film. It reflects the heat and sun. It comes in three strengths/colors and many sizes. you can find it at home improvement stores. It is super easy to apply. I have it on every window. HUGE difference.
    If you want to see how much you lose on a ride, weigh yourself before the ride and the water that you take. Then weigh again after the ride. It may be that you have muscle, not fat. Have you checked your measurements?

Sylvia - You are making some wonderful memories with those grandkids. They will appreciate the time and attention.:love:

Mimi - It sounds like your home is a MIL suite.
    On your DD's colds, I recommend that somebody wipes all common surfaces with a disinfectant wipe. Phones, remotes, light switches, handles- doors, toilets, faucets. Three times in as many weeks says the germs are still around.

Yanniejannie - Your vacation sounds wonderful! My mom still has a set of Childcraft books. I also learned from Worldbook encyclopedia. We had a Cycloteacher as well. That was a device that used discs from the encyclopedia to learn basic subjects.

Joyce - I still have a Tracfone, a Samsung Galaxy Centura smartphone. I have an old Motorola flip phone that looks like a Star Trek Communicator.:laugh:

Heather - I love your posts. Have a great time with your friend!

Diane in TX
  • Zenzen2000
    Options
    Hello to all,

I am hoping to join in on the conversation by popping in on a regular bases.

Heather, I feel the same way that you do when I have house guests.
  • shanitomorrow
    shanitomorrow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome - good to be here.

I'm sitting on the front porch this morning, a day that's gone from fresh (were my feet a touch chill when I woke?) to definitely warm in the space of an hour.

I mentioned I've started Pilates classes since I've been here. One of the (many) things I've learned in four short lessons is how to improve my posture - in fact, just re-aligned it as I typed that - and I was thrilled yesterday when the instructor commented "good posture" during one of the harder exercises.

There's more to Pilates than meets the eye, yesterday it reminded me of when I started learning to drive. In England, we have manual gears, so learning to drive involves learning how to co-ordinate four limbs, each of them doing something different, watch where you're going and listen to your driving instructor.

Yesterday, up on the Reformer, doing an exercise that is ostensibly for your inner or outer thighs, depending whether you inhale or exhale on the slide - already starting to get complicated for me - you also need to pay attention to how you are using your feet, to help build the arch, your posture and your breathing, oh, and maintain your balance so you don't fall over! I have to go very slowly, focusing on each of these in turn, building a rhythm before I move onto the next thing, so you can imagine how pleased I was with the positive feedback.

I've seen a few conversations about snug bras: I needed to buy a new swimsuit when I arrived here. I hadn't realised that I had had my previous one for over ten years and either I've grown or the elasticity has collapsed, probably both, but I had a hard time staying in it. We had quite a trek trying to find swimsuits over size 16 (the average size in the UK), but eventually we found a local department store with a wide range of branded swimwear.

I tried three, one of which was two sizes too small but the assistant assured me that bigger women than I had got into it. I admire their pluck! The first one was the best one: good sized underwired cups and an interesting additional back fastening which meant you were very secure and well-supported. It does a fantastic thing to your figure, too, it's like skintight armour, smoothes you beautifully, so you look like a wonderfully proportioned, trim, sleek mature woman! It was very expensive, but I can see why it was that price, and I feel very confident walking to the pool or on the beach.

There is a downside, of course, which is that it takes some effort to get into - you need to start preparing a good half hour before you want to go swimming. I'm not sure I would be able to change on the beach under a towel, as we used to when we were kids, the amount of wriggling and struggling would be very entertaining but would ruin the dignity of the finished article.

It's the first time I've understood the benefit of tankinis: you can put them on at home in privacy, and still be able to go to the toilet without completely undressing.

More later,

Shani from London, UK, currently in Cyprus.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Diane from Texas- yes I wear sneakers 99% of the time.. i found orthodics online for around 25.00 the same I paid 40.00 for at the podiatrists office, I tried the heel cups, didnt work well..
    I have like 6 pair of sneakers, the last pair I bought maybe 3 months ago, they are big and bulky and on the clearance rack..
    I like the lighter weight sneakers as I am on my feet alot at work, but have to find the right ones with enough cushion...

The last few days I have been going on 4 mile walks in the morning, the weather has been beautiful and the fresh air is wonderful...
    but my other heel is starting to hurt and I dont know if I have shin splints on my left leg..
    so today no walking,no gym, I have alot I have to do around the house before work,including baking more cookies for my DFIL. have a load of laundry in the wash now and sitting having my warm lemon water..
    I did step on the scale :grumble: I gained a pound or so, I have been trying to eat right , lots of veggies and fruit ,lean protein etc.... but the darn prednisone is doing a number ... Oh well
    I slept pretty well last night,but still feel a bit tired this morning, but I am sort of getting used to getting up before the crack of dawn, I do get alot of things accomplished. except for Homer barking,I enjoy the quietness of the mornings
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Meg: a CAT HAIR?? WTH? :laugh: Thanks for the link.

Gloria: is “job” a cuss word? :bigsmile: Sounds good; hope it will be a good thing for you.

Katla, Joyce, Rori: I only have underwires. except for my sports bra. They used to set off the scan thing but they haven’t the last few times. Don’t worry about it. If the alarm goes off they just scan you with that wand thingy. We got the TSA-pre for the first time this vacation, even though we only fly once a year (unless there’s an emergency or something). I did have to take my shoes off, but that was because there’s metal in there (orthopedic).

Rori: thanks for the good wishes re job and knee (plus renovations and guy moving in). You’re right, one day at a time. But it’s a lot in a short period of time. You know those stress tests they give pilots where they assign points for life events in the last 12 months? I’m already pretty high on the scale…. :noway:

Diane: I think Mom has a bar in the shower, though it’s on the wall. Thanks for helping me learn a new word; I had to Google “washi tape”. P.S. You’re not anywhere near Abilene, are you?:bigsmile:

Alison: please take good care of your feet and legs! :heart:

Stayed up way too late doing genealogy (it was just too tempting to keep taking one line back; I finally stalled around the year 1290!) and am groggy this morning. :yawn: Well, that’s what we have coffee for.

Having a chat later with the woman who takes care of my horse a few times a week. She wants to reduce that so she can ride another horse. I hope she won’t reduce too much, because the rest of the work will fall on my shoulders, plus I hope the knee operation is coming up. :noway:

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well laundry done ,just ready to make the bed,
    made my DFIL Chocolate chip cookies, and ended up caving and eating 4 warm out of the oven..:explode: I logged them though...
    ordered my DGD a sweatshirt for school,they will deliver it there.. so hopefully that comes before the cool weather starts..
    today is her first day of first grade, was going to call her this morning,but my daughter said it would be to crazy,maybe we could skype tonight.. dont know if my skype is working correctly.
    been on my feet alot this morning, going to take a break and ice my feet, and maybe do my nails and watch the news for a bit...
    then down to see the DFIL and bring him his cookies.. he looks forward to those every day, and if I can do something to make him happy it is alright with me:bigsmile:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! At least I think it's morning. Still dark out so I can't be sure. Woke up about 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep so finally got out of bed a little before 5am. I'm really tired but can't go back to bed now. I go walk with the kids in about an hour.

After that I'm going to Joplin to pick up my younger granddaughter's birthday present (a tablet) at Best Buy, then have lunch with some friends. By the way, if you are ever considering buying anything from Best Buy, check online first. I found an 8" tablet in their Sunday ad circular for $99 and thought it was a pretty good price. Then checked online and the exact same tablet was $79! So, you can order it online at the lower price and ask to pick it up at the store. They pull it right off the shelf. But if you go in to the store and say I saw that on your web site for $79, they won't sell it to you for that. That seems crazy to me. Wal Mart is the same way. Heck, that $20 difference pays for the gas to get over there plus my lunch with my friends. What a deal.

I had some rush drafting to do last night and didn't get to bed till almost midnight. When I get back from Joplin I'm planning a long nap.

Have a great day everyone!

Sylvia
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well, on my second cup of tea.. iced my heel, and made the bed, now will go watch t.v. for a bit and go see DFIL
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!!
    today Violet got up an hour before her alarm.Hope she`s not gonna be tired.Grandpa gets off early today,so gonna take her to Mcd`s.Their fav place.She goes to play and he gets his coffee and watches her.
    HUGS
    jane
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've been keeping up with everyone even though I've not been posting. Depression got really dark for a couple of days. It seems to be lifting a bit now and I hope it continues.

Someone (sorry, I can't remember who) asked about my dinner last Friday night...In some ways it was fun. The food was good but, OMG, the calories in Chinese food boggles my mind! The company was so-so. I am the "baby" of the group by a long shot!! Don't get me wrong, I love older adults and these are all active folks in their 70s and 80s, but very little in common. The one woman who is a little closer to my age is fun and I love talking to her. She and I were talking about our Fitbits. She asked me how many steps I had and I told her close to 10,000 so far for the day and she was laughing about how she was lucky to get 5,000. We continued talking until the lady across from me interrupted and said, "You're a little anal about this, aren't you?" :noway: :noway: :noway: It really hit me the wrong way and I looked her in the eye and said, "I've lost 85 pounds and I have no intentions of gaining it back, so, yes, I guess I am a little anal about my exercise!" I know to sit near someone else next time!!! (Although, her husband and I had a lovely conversation.)

The boy child seems to be doing okay at school. He's going to classes, looking for an on-campus job, and exploring the area on his bike. He had kind of forgotten how hilly the campus is, and is frustrated by how much he is having to push his bike instead of ride. (We're talking almost vertical hills in places!) He's already gone out the local Lowes and purchased materials to make a step to make it easier to get up onto his bed. Now, why he couldn't just get a little plastic step stool is an insight into his personality!

Gloria - Thanks for what you said about everyone having different ways of walking this journey. Restricting calories more and more was simply not working anymore for me. I was not losing weight and had actually regained some weight that was ALL fat. I am trying the TDEE method of eating at my TDEE calories for my goal weight. I've lost a bit of weight since I began doing this and I can tell a difference in the way I look. More importantly, I am eating at a calorie level that I can maintain for life without feeling deprived. I have more energy and have been averaging 14-15,000 steps every day plus finding energy for other activities. Again, at this point, it's working for me and I'm not criticizing anyone else's choices.

Lesley - Thanks for all of the information you shared!

So, I have a question for all of you! What in the heck do you do with yourselves in the evenings? :laugh: :laugh: The house is clean (with just maintenance cleaning to be done), my laundry is done, my workouts get done, and I've forgotten how to sit still. There is absolutely nothing on TV that I want to see (can't wait to see my reduced bill after cancelling all of the extras this week) and it is too hot to be outside. Well, I suppose I could pack up the house but it won't show well with nothing in it but boxes. :tongue: I did sign up for a class on coursera.com (I think that's right.) that begins in September. That should fill up some time and stretch my mind. Thanks to the lady who suggested it--my memory is shot!

I'm off to work some and walk some. Catch y'all later!

Carol in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • craftergin
    craftergin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

This is my first post to this thread. I'm not a big message board person, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm 58, been divorced for 2 glorious years and live in the San Fernando Valley. I work full time and do my workouts in the morning prior to getting ready for work. Then I walk to work and back home in the evening. 2 miles round trip. I've been on MFP for 14 months and I really like it.

I developed gout in 2011. In Jan of 2013, I had a really severe flare up that lasted more than a month. Well, that was it for me. At 240 pounds I had had enough. I have way too many plans to be laid up for a month - not to mention the sick time I had to use! I wanted to "get healthy and fit", not just lose weight. I altered my eating and lost 10 pounds in 6 months. On a visit to my rheumatologist in June 2013, she recommended MFP. I've been here ever since.

I still have lots to do to "get healthy and fit". But I'm taking it slow and eating normal food. I weigh solids and measure liquids. I have a splurge day and don't feel guilty about it.

I found a channel on YouTube called FitnessBlender. On there I found a kickboxing cardio routine. I did it for the first time yesterday. I LOVED it! I was really clumsy and laughing the whole time. But if I concentrated and visualized punching my ex's face, I did pretty good! LOL! I'm actually NOT a violent person.

Anyway, that's me.
  • kittytoo
    kittytoo Posts: 27
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. Just saving my place for later today!

Kitty
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    :wink: Hi Everyone, Have been gone a week or so and know I can't catch up on all the posts but I hope everyone is doing OK.
    Hello to the new people.
    I've been trying to work as many hours as possible for extra money to go on vacation. I can't wait to get to the Grand Cayman's.
    We've had a lot of birthday get togethers and the twins are back in soccer so week-ends have been pretty busy as well.

Carol NC, What class did you sign up for in Sept on Coursera? I am signed up for a nutrition and healthy lifestyle class in Sept. and am doing the Learning how to learn course right now. As for things to do in the evening, I don't know if you have a gym membership but if so you could try going some in the evenings or maybe try a class. I swear there is not enough time in a day or week for me, but I work around 50 hrs a week. I can't wait for retirement. Do you have a bucket list? Maybe it's time to either make one or start checking things off it:wink:

Missed everyone,
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :flowerforyou: Well it was weigh in day yesterday and I am up .2 and not surprised as Sunday I went on a stress eating binge. We went on a motorcycle ride Sunday afternoon with a group from New Life church. Was having a good time and almost at the last stop when something went wrong with the bike and we couldn't move. Ended up having a friend of DH come out with a trailer and take us home. It was 99 degrees and we were out there about an hour and by the time we got home I was hot, sweating and I went at it before I even realized I ate alot. But back on program yesterday and today DH is calling the shop and getting it fixed. We are to leave next Monday on our vacation and now it will depend on if they can get it fixed and what it cost. Thanks again for listening. DH just called me and they can not even get the bike in until Thursday, so unless it is an easy fix it will not be done by Monday. Deep breathing.
    DGD and I had alot of fun Saturday hitting the garage sales. She was so proud as she bought her own quarters. So had a sack full of baby things for her dolls when we got home.

Kim--congrates on the loss! WOW! sounds like you have been a very busy lady. Your front yard sounds like it will be very nice. I have a rock garden I started last year and I want to finish it before winter. Have to just make myself get out there and do it.

Katla--We had direct TV a couple years ago and one time they took over $400 out of our account. We canceled and it took them almost 3 months to put the money back into our account. Hope you have better luck.

Sue--sounds like you had a great trip. I am not taking my fitbit next week as not sure I would have a place to charge it and will not have computer acess.

Michele--congrates on mastering the tractor. I have this visual of you and music. You go girl!:happy:

Sylvia--Congrates on being in the 180's. I am working on being under 200, only 11 pounds to go, but man is it hard. Sure hope you are feeling better. I do think something is going around as DH wasn't feeling good most the weekend and several people at work have been ill. So glad to hear DGD had fun at the birthday party. Pray they all have a postive year at school.

Meg--Did get some of the rain this last weekend? The wind Sunday evening was terrible. Sounds like we could be in for storms several nights this week. Congrates on the weight loss.

Mimi--Thanks for the list. It makes alot of sense.

Renny--Thanks for the good words. I think it fits us to a T. You ladies have become very important to me. So glad you are feeling better and mom is doing better.

Liz--Prayers and Hugs

Allison--is that every Good Will store? Allison you are such a kind and caring person.

Yanniejannie--Sounds like you had a very good trip. I would love to ride thru and see wild animals.

Joyce--Sure hope you are feeling better. I know when I have a fever it seems I can not get warm. But once it breaks I am hot.

Cynthia--Sounds like you have alot going on. Make sure and breath and take time for yourself.

Gloria--congrates on the new job.

Tera--chickens in the yard? Reminds me the beginning of summer several people in town were pushing to be able to have chickens in city limits. Guess there is already a law you can have up to 5 chickens and no rooster. They wanted to be able to have 8 and a horse. I am so glad the city dicided against it and I am glad none of my neighbors have chickens.

Heather--hope you enjoy your outing and I bet you look great in your new boots and pink sweater.

Shani--welcome

DeeDee--glad you were not hurt in your fall. Glad you could laugh about it.

Kit--Congrates on the weight loss. How do you feel about moving?

Well I am caught up again. Time just goes by so fast and I have trouble keeping up. Hoping to get good news on the motorcycle today. DH dicided to take it to a place here in town. They have done work on our cars before and always been happy with the work and price. So will see.Well ladies feel like I wrote a book. thanks for always being there and your love and support. I love each of you and feel Blessed to have you in my life. Enjoy the day!:flowerforyou:
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm back!:laugh: :flowerforyou:

Phew! Talk about 'time out' with my friend. It was great but full on. Can we talk!:tongue:

I have read you all, but won't reply just now, but I am thinking of you.:flowerforyou: :love:

I have just bottled 5 lbs of jam which this time has SET! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: I cheated by using preserving sugar, which is NOT allowed in competition, but as I'm not entering a village fete it doesn't matter! :wink: All labelled with my best Cath Kidson labels.

DH is sweeping the patio for Friday and de-cobwebbing the windowsills. It's been such a year for cobwebs, they are everywhere!

The dinner in the pub was nice enough, but we weren't seated st the best table so I didn't enjoy it as much as usual. I had scallops and then stuffed lemon sole and some spoonfuls of a lemon dessert. My friend said she enjoyed her food, but not as much as she had enjoyed the food I cooked the night before. I must say I agree with her.:blushing: That's the reason why we so rarely go out - and it costs a fortune! But it was nice to put a skirt on and my new sweater and not to have to produce yet another gourmet dinner.:laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
    My new profile photo is the two of us enjoying our pre meal daiquiris in my kitchen, kindly made by DH. (He was driving so didn't have one).:heart:

Lots of love to all. I had an hour's nap this pm as I only got 4 hrs sleep last night and was up at 6.15 doing my strength training.:bigsmile:

Heather in Hampshire UK

Welcome new people! Nice to read your posts.:flowerforyou:
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Patty - I signed up for Fiction in Relationship. I need to go back and look for the Nutrition and Healthy Living class. I, too, work 45-50 hours per week and usually am TOO busy, but this week I just happened to have nothing on my calendar AND no son at home. I'm sure all of that will change very quickly!! I don't have family nearby except my daughter and she is busy with work and grad school. I don't really have friends in the area either so I don't know what to do with myself when my calendar is empty. I think I'm afraid I will become a slug again if I sit down for longer than it takes to pay a few bills!! :laugh: :tongue:

Edit: Oh, and I do have a bucket list or sorts, but my house has to sell before I move on to doing the things I want to do!