so what are you reading lately??? any good?

Options

Replies

• djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    CS Lewis - Mere Christianity. Phenomenal book - I don't know why I've waited so many years to read it.
  • Paulglee72
    Options
    Enjoy !! Still my favourite book of all time.
  • smariere
    smariere Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the Silkworm by Robert Galbraith/ JK Rowling, which was fantastic. I love a good mystery. I'm now about half way through A Clash of Kings in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin. It is a very long book... but so far it is quite interesting and I'm really enjoying it. Though I feel like it will take me years to catch up with the series.
  • Paulglee72
    Options
    Just finished The Outsider by Albert Camus and now starting Orwells 1984.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. It is good!
  • MomofTeens
    MomofTeens Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy historical fiction, I can highly recommend the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon. There are 8 books in the series and they are about 1,000 pages a piece. I have savored every moment of each one. Historical fiction is my favorite genre. But these also have a wee bit of sci-fi thrown in with a romance storyline, of course!
    It is also now a series on Starz. They are on the 2nd episode and will cover the first book by the end of Spring '15.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The Passage by Justin Cronin - it's the first of a trilogy and I'm totally hooked even though I just started it!
  • triciaenelson
    Options
    I have read a lot of good books this summer! I recommend "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed to all women in their 20s! I also recommend "The Power of Habit" if anyone is trying to change some habits. It was not one of those boring lecture-ry self help books, more told a story and gave some ideas of how to change your habits. I am just finishing "Sharp Objects" by Gillian Flynn. I have been listening to that one on Audible during my runs and I have 31 minutes left...perfect for my run after work!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    The Passage by Justin Cronin - it's the first of a trilogy and I'm totally hooked even though I just started it!

I'm waiting on the third book now..

Yea it's an awesome series and a different take on vampire/zombie post apocalyptic fiction.
  • harrynich
    harrynich Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Chast is the best. Except maybe for Alison Bechtel...
  • omdren
    omdren Posts: 1
    Options
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen is a good series
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. It is good!

Ooh yes - 3/4 way through at the moment. Great read.
  • takkyboomboom
    takkyboomboom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just started The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain - early pages but good so far!
  • takethatTM
    takethatTM Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy historical fiction, I can highly recommend the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon. There are 8 books in the series and they are about 1,000 pages a piece. I have savored every moment of each one. Historical fiction is my favorite genre. But these also have a wee bit of sci-fi thrown in with a romance storyline, of course!
    It is also now a series on Starz. They are on the 2nd episode and will cover the first book by the end of Spring '15.

I'm on book four right now... haven't been this addicted to a series in a long time!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to finish the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Almost done with A Dance with Dragons.

Loved that series. Great read.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Just started the MaddAddam trilogy by Margaret Atwood. Addictive read.
  • sweetpea2820
    sweetpea2820 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just finished "The Virgin Cure" by Ami McKay: A good/sad read about young girls, prostitution, and the belief that deflowering a virgin can cure the incurable and tainted. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.
  • Lyndonbearsmommy
    Lyndonbearsmommy Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm reading The Goldfinch
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    MUST READ! OLDIE BUT GOODY. Just finished The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. It is a literary nonfiction novel that spans the years surrounding the building of the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. Intertwined throughout is a serial killer doctor. Muhaaa. This book was fantastic! Leo Dicaprio bought the movie rights to this book back in 2010, and it is under production right now. Leo is playing the serial killer H H Holmes.

http://eriklarsonbooks.com/the-books/the-devil-in-the-white-city/

Devil in The White City Movie Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFg5FYcBZ6A

I'm now getting ready to dig my teeth into In the Garden of Beasts - also by Erik Larson.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Official Rules of Baseball
    NFHS Baseball Rules
    NCAA Baseball Rules
    PBUC Umpire's Manual
    Maximizing the Two Man System - Jim Evans
    Baseball Rules Differences

Noone can ever know every rule. But I strive to have them down pat verbatim. I re-read again and again.