Chipotle is Giving Us Too Much Food

Options

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    wish we had Chipotle in the UK other than London.

Thank you! I was feeling all left out, then it turns out there's one in the next street to my studio!

I try not to buy food out, but will have to make an exception for this!

Hear, hear! :drinker: It's now the next morning, and I STILL want a giant burrito (mmm, double meat, no rice please:heart: ). Perhaps a trip to this place is in order for me today. At least to compare it to my favorite taqueria, you know, for science and stuff.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    The UK needs to hurry up and get all these mexican/south west chain places, I feel so left out.

Chipotle - London only
    Firebird - none
    Qudoba - none
    Moes - none

But we can't just go out and get "Toad in the hole" any time we feel like it in the Southeast US. LOL :drinker:

Neither can we
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    But we can't just go out and get "Toad in the hole" any time we feel like it in the Southeast US. LOL :drinker:

Neither can we
    [/quote]

LOL :smile:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is relevant, but I hear ya on portion sizes varying! Honestly, the employees SHOULD just stick to what their company/trainers taught them to put into each meal. There are guidelines for a reason.

I work at a chinese restaurant in a mall near my house, and I am always irritated by these loud, fatass customers who yell at me to add extra of everything when I'm putting their bowls together, even though the regular portions are QUITE large already, /and/ they are not paying any extra for that extra sesame chicken, ect.

so, it's actually greedy customers that get portions doubled up past what they should be, past what you are supposed to be paying for/and logging in as calories.

I hear ya. I used to work at a mall Chinese place when I was in high school, and those people were always the pricks that had to tap on the sneezeguard or reach their arms over it to point at the thing they wanted. When they said to give them extra, I gave them the crap that was stuck to the side of the pan and made a production of doing so.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I miss Chipotle and Tijuana Flats.

They give us too much of a lot of things, but they are good.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is relevant, but I hear ya on portion sizes varying! Honestly, the employees SHOULD just stick to what their company/trainers taught them to put into each meal. There are guidelines for a reason.

I work at a chinese restaurant in a mall near my house, and I am always irritated by these loud, fatass customers who yell at me to add extra of everything when I'm putting their bowls together, even though the regular portions are QUITE large already, /and/ they are not paying any extra for that extra sesame chicken, ect.

so, it's actually greedy customers that get portions doubled up past what they should be, past what you are supposed to be paying for/and logging in as calories.

Honey, do you need a hug?
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    The nutrition facts on a burrito bowl include one spoonful of any item that you add to the nutrition calculator. Unfortunately, many if not all Chipotle employees will double things like the rice, which would add an extra 180 calories. I've also noticed that they usually add an additional half spoon of the meats they offer.

So you are saying they give away more food than promised? Sounds like a great value to me! I should eat there more often.

I don't think its that hard to watch them prepare your food and use some basic math to estimate the calories
  • katesnewbody
    katesnewbody Posts: 62 Member
    Options

loud...fatass...greedy customers...

You must make a killing in tips!

Wow nice judgement.
    I'm actually a very, very sweet and bubbly person with every customer; people come back and are like "Heeey, I remember you, hi! :D"

but then there are the rude, loud, greedy people I'm talking about.
    I was once SWORN at by this very overweight woman who had demanded double meat, and when I quietly and politely explained it would be 2 dollars extra, she screamed at me to just "give me the god damn food and shut up"
    I'm not exaggerating.
    these are the joys of customer service, no matter how sweet I try to be. :/
    so thanks for judging me by what I say on a message board and would NEVER actually say at WORK.
    thanks.
  • katesnewbody
    katesnewbody Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I hear ya. I used to work at a mall Chinese place when I was in high school, and those people were always the pricks that had to tap on the sneezeguard or reach their arms over it to point at the thing they wanted. When they said to give them extra, I gave them the crap that was stuck to the side of the pan and made a production of doing so.

thank you!
    There are a lot of kind customers, and it's fun getting food together for them and they're all excited about what they're getting,
    but then there are the VERY rude and demanding customers that always wan to try and get extra for nothing.
    I mean, my boss is RIGHT there. I am /not/ getting yelled at for breaking the rules just because the huge portion sizes at my restaurant aren't big enough for you. :/
    seriously, you don't go to Mcdonald's and scream at the cashiers that you want an extra handful of fries for nothing, so why do chains that put the food together in front of you make people assume it's like a buffet, where it's all you can fit in the platter for one price? XD
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I love more food for my money. It's not hard to eat some and save some for another meal or another day if it helps with calories control. Giving us more food has nothing to do with the control we have over eating it.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Giving 1200 calorie portions when it's marked as 800 can be a problem.

Who really can tell by watching them make it if it's 1200 or 800? I know the web site gives the calories for each part but do you really memorize them and think, "Hm, the rice was marked 180 but it sure looked more like 260 in the scoop..." ?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

loud...fatass...greedy customers...

You must make a killing in tips!

Wow nice judgement.
    I'm actually a very, very sweet and bubbly person with every customer; people come back and are like "Heeey, I remember you, hi! :D"

but then there are the rude, loud, greedy people I'm talking about.
    I was once SWORN at by this very overweight woman who had demanded double meat, and when I quietly and politely explained it would be 2 dollars extra, she screamed at me to just "give me the god damn food and shut up"
    I'm not exaggerating.
    these are the joys of customer service, no matter how sweet I try to be. :/
    so thanks for judging me by what I say on a message board and would NEVER actually say at WORK.
    thanks.
    Of course you aren't saying it out loud at work. People grumble about their jobs. It doesn't mean they don't do them well.

Anyone who ever worked with people has stories. The better you are, the fewer rotten people you have to deal with...but everyone gets a few on occasion. :)
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    when i go to chipotle (and btw, i LOVE chipotle!), i eat about a third of my bowl if i eat there. i bring the rest home and break it into 2 more servings OR i bring the entire thing home, weigh it and break it into 3 even servings. it works great as this way i still get my veggie bowl with my beloved guacamole, and by eating less it fits my calorie requirements. btw, i usually eat every 2 1/2 hours, but after chipotle i get hungry 3 1/2 to 4 hours later. it hasn't slowed my weight loss at all, so it does seem to work out well for me.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    So despite Chipotles high prices you are complaining that they are giving you too much food? Why not utilize a take out container and save some for later.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

thank you!
    There are a lot of kind customers, and it's fun getting food together for them and they're all excited about what they're getting,
    but then there are the VERY rude and demanding customers that always wan to try and get extra for nothing.
    I mean, my boss is RIGHT there. I am /not/ getting yelled at for breaking the rules just because the huge portion sizes at my restaurant aren't big enough for you. :/
    seriously, you don't go to Mcdonald's and scream at the cashiers that you want an extra handful of fries for nothing, so why do chains that put the food together in front of you make people assume it's like a buffet, where it's all you can fit in the platter for one price? XD

Working in foodservice and clothing retail has made me hate humanity, for good reason. Guess one would have to go through it to see what it's really like.
  • desidieter
    desidieter Posts: 195
    Options
    If you think they're giving too much food, ask for half portions.
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You must not have been to a Manhattan Chipotle.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    This is why I commend and bow down to any calorie counters who seriously eat out regularly. If I counted calories I wouldn't trust your typical restaurant worker on the precision front; there will be variables, and sometimes they will be considerable.

But more power to those of you who make it work.
    You must not have been to a Manhattan Chipotle.

Right!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Then do not go.